PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Things In Your least Favorite AC Games

Wolfmeister1010
01-23-2014, 03:59 AM
What are your favorite things/features in your least favorite AC games? Come on, there have to be at least a few.

My least favorite AC game was Revelations. I felt it had too few assassination targets, a dumbed down recruit system, a disappointing Altair plot, stupid den defense system, and both of its "advertising" points (hookblade and bombs) were not nearly as fun or innovative as they should have been. However, it does have a few things that are really really interesting and good. At least in my opinion.

1. The Black Room: The game succeeded in making an AC game that felt TOTALLY different from the previous ones in terms of..modern day ambience? While the previous ones were with bright white loading screens and such..this game felt very dark and stuff..i don't really know how to explain it. It just had a different feel to it.

2. The combat animations/sounds: this game definitely had the best sound effects in the series, and although the sword animations were tedious, the hidden blade ones were varying, brutal, graceful, and addicting.

3. The location: Istanbul is one of the best locations in AC, and Cappadocia also is amazing and unique. Also, the dark, snowy village area and Masyaf made an ambience that I have never felt before or after in AC. It was just so amazing. Too bad we could't go back and freeroam there. Anyone else just who just LOVED that snowy mountain village? That sort of dark grittiness was what I was talking about in one of my past threads, something that only that village, Cappadocia, and Acre have been able to achieve. I really hope that one day, we get an AC game in the mountainy far east, so we can have a whole game that takes place in that sort of dark, rocky, snowy, bitter environment.

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/screenshots/AssassinsCreedRevelations/ACR_SP_CA_13_Masyaf_LeavingAtlasVillage.jpg

Freedom3031
01-23-2014, 04:15 AM
throwing knives in ac1

sticky bombs revelations

golden machete freedom cry

AdamPearce
01-23-2014, 04:32 AM
The Eagle Vision in ACR, is was the best of the entire serie, but was unfortunately drop down. I feel like there is only ACR team that actually cares of the Eagle Vision.

Megas_Doux
01-23-2014, 04:35 AM
ACB is my least favorite game in the series, but there are some things that I REAAALLY like:

1 Leonardo Da vinci machines missions!!!!!!!I LOVE those! The perfect combination between stealth and then mind blowing action! Something that only AC IV has surpassed.
2 I find Rome pretty dull and boring, but I have to recognize how much I enjoy the Colosseum and Castel Sant'angelo, the latter being my absolute favorite landmark in the series, heck even the missions involving those landmarks are great!
3 Pax Romana, aka The Death of Cesare Borgia, is my favorite "final" mission to date! The visuals, soundtrack -a mix between Battle in Spain and Villa under attack- along with the soldiers fighting and dying at sunset create an awesome atmosphere, if only the villian to kill was a good character.....

LoyalACFan
01-23-2014, 05:22 AM
ACB is my least favorite game in the series, but there are some things that I REAAALLY like:

1 Leonardo Da vinci machines missions!!!!!!!I LOVE those! The perfect combination between stealth and then mind blowing action! Something that only AC IV has surpassed.
2 I find Rome pretty dull and boring, but I have to recognize how much I enjoy the Colosseum and Castel Sant'angelo, the latter being my absolute favorite landmark in the series, heck even the missions involving those landmarks are great!
3 Pax Romana, aka The Death of Cesare Borgia, is my favorite "final" mission to date! The visuals, soundtrack -a mix between Battle in Spain and Villa under attack- along with the soldiers fighting and dying at sunset create an awesome atmosphere, if only the villian to kill was a good character.....

Agree with everything here, this is along the lines of what I was going to say. Though I'll add that the "kill 'em with your awesome" arrow storm move was pretty badass the first few times I used it, and there were a few gems on the OST as well.

SixKeys
01-23-2014, 08:03 AM
My least favorite is AC3.

-Haytham was a great character

-Some of the Desmond stuff, like the skyscraper mission

-Great animations

-Treerunning, there just needed to be more opportunities for it

yankeegamergirl
01-23-2014, 11:42 AM
ACIII was my least favorite so far. However I loved the soundtrack (like always) the modern missions were nice, the naval side missions too and the fact that the character was Native American.

DinoSteve1
01-23-2014, 11:58 AM
AC3 is my least favourite and things I liked in it where.

Combat

Haytham

and the modern day missions apart from the ending.

Sabuto78
01-23-2014, 12:18 PM
AC3 is my least

- Haytham hell of a character deserves his own game

Tree Running in the frontier and hunting

- The combat dunno why, just enjoy it more than in blackflag

Ya,, thats about it.

Consus_E
01-23-2014, 12:19 PM
AC:B

-Assassination contracts (side missions in general, but assassination contracts were the best IMHO)
-Multiplayer
-Borgia Tower/Templar Den concept
-Apprentices, say what you will but I enjoyed recruiting assassins and training them even though they could become a bit OP at times.
-Lairs, The best secret locations in the entire series IMHO...

BoBwUzHeRe1138
01-23-2014, 12:34 PM
My least favorite game is AC3 (again, have't played AC4 but I doubt it's worse from all the discussion about it)

But it did some really AWESOME stuff.

I really enjoyed how they updated the robe physics... it's still my favorite animation because the mix of having the really long coat tails and just the way they flowed meant that it looked cooler than even other outfits in the game like Achilles' original outfit -- it flows in a similar manner and so do Edwards in AC4 but something about Connor's robes flow REALLY cool.
I loved that they pulled the camera in even closer. I was REALLY happy that they made the camera closer in Brotherhood and Revelations but AC3 finally go the perfect distance IMO. I really love third person games where the player character is closer to the screen. It's why Prince of Persia (2008) sucks in that regard because that's the furthest a modern PoP game's camera has been.
I really enjoyed AC3's story. I thought Connor was an interesting character and I thought the Templar motives were significantly less EVIL and more just ideologically opposed to that of the Assassins. I really commend Connor's sense of freedom and equality and while it makes him naive and ultimately proves to be a significant downfall of his character numerous times -- it's a commendable quality and I do wish MORE people were like him in that sense. Haytham's character was charming and I really loved playing from the POV of the Templars.
AC3 completely overhauled the parkour. It introduced tree running, completely remade the animations and made them more like real parkour movements, they introduced vaults (one of my FAVORITE things about AC3 haha), and just made it a lot smoother. The only downside is that it feels a little more automated than previous installments but I think there's a good way of mixing both the old method and new method of parkour when it comes to AC.
They refined the controls and made them more logical in many ways.

They ditched the separation of the run and sprint functions...instead making it so you can walk, fast walk, or run/sprint. Running and sprinting were tied to just holding RT down and you could slow down or speed up by releasing pressure on the trigger/thumbstick or putting more pressure depending on if you wanted to slow down or not.
One thing that was silly about previous installments was how the Fast Walk button was also the Pickpocket button. When you fast walked, anytime you moved by someone, you would shove them and take their money. I never understood how walking fast would ever indicate that I also wanted to pick pockets. Thankfully, the devs of AC3 looked at this and instead combined the Gentle Push and Fast Walk buttons. Now instead having to hold A to move quickly and then switch to B to gently push people to the side to move through a crowd, holding A simply does this. This makes sense as both a gentle push AND walking fast indicate a need to reach a destination quicker -- we can see this evident even in the trailer to the original AC where he begins moving faster through the crowd and also pushed them to the side. Picking pockets was no abandoned either though and was simply moved to a different button. This was really smart.

AC3 did some really cool things unfortunately... between the super linear mission structure not allowing for freedom in any way really, bland cities that weren't fun to explore or traverse due to wide streets and very few large structures or buildings due to making the cities REALLY close to their real life counterparts, etc. the game was unfortunately ot very good. It's a decent game, just like the first one but whereas AC1 gets a pass as it was the first game and laid the foundation for every single AC after... AC3 didn't really have the benefit of that excuse.

AC2 was phenomenal, ACB might have been a bit too short but it was still a really fun game, and ACR despite feeling like even MORE of a stall before the next "true" AC and more or less a money grab -- it has one of my favorite cities. AC3's most pivotal elements: missions design and city design were really what killed the game. It wasn't the story or the characters because you can forgive a game for having a somewhat meh story (which I don't think AC3 had a meh story or characters but some do) if the gameplay is superb. Had they given us REALLY cool missions with lots of opportunities to kill targets as well as cities that were not historically accurate but resembled the real life towns and were FUN to free run around -- AC3 would be one of my top AC games. Unfortunately it didn't live up to it.

AC4 looks a LOT better as it's taken even elements of AC3 (naval) and made them seem more interesting by way of giving it the same philosophy of the ground-based stuff, that is free roaming and stuff. It just seems a lot cooler in AC4. Of course the cities look nicer... Havana is similar to AC2 cities and Kingston looks like a more pretty and better version of Boston. However, from the sounds of it, you spend more time on islands and the ocean than the cities which is a shame because one of the original things that really pushed AC into the spotlight, was a thing they were proud of and set their game apart, and really SOLD me on getting the game WAS the parkour. I hope AC5 remembers this and really takes time to expand on parkour and ground-based and city-based design choices. To this day, NO open world game has come close to AC's parkour. We see various games attempt to copy it or do something really similar: Saboteur, inFamous, etc. and so far NONE of these games have come close to AC. They're not BAD systems but it's still like light and day.

Shahkulu101
01-23-2014, 06:20 PM
Anyone who says AC3 is not their least favourite has their mind clouded by hormones, and anybody who picks any of the games from the Ezio trilogy is blinded by jealousy.

Jk AC2 is my least favourite but I actually still love it, these games are all awesome. The setting and tombs are my favourite things in AC2.

Zafar1981
01-24-2014, 06:57 AM
​Assassin's Creed 3 is really a disappointment and definitely its the worst AC game which I played. Its the only game where I like two Templar 1) Haythem and 2) Charles Lee. And when Charles Lee said Ratonhnhake':ton that he and his kind is Oblivious to the world, speck of dirt, is the best dialogue in the game. Other then that the whole game is trash.

Mosquitozzzzz
01-24-2014, 03:33 PM
​Assassin's Creed 3 is really a disappointment and definitely its the worst AC game which I played. Its the only game where I like two Templar 1) Haythem and 2) Charles Lee. And when Charles Lee said Ratonhnhake':ton that he and his kind is Oblivious to the world, speck of dirt, is the best dialogue in the game. Other then that the whole game is trash.

Agree. AC3 is just multicultural american sh..t. Also i damn tired of putting by media creators Negroes everywhere, in movies, in games, in..., they like fu..ing virus, wth? Negroes are the most undeveloped race in the world, why i should love them? I mean, i do not hate them all and so on, but what the f..k they should be always in every movie, game, .... and so on? Putting them by movie, games ... creators everywhere don't make me love them, only vice verse.

DinoSteve1
01-24-2014, 04:00 PM
wtf did I just read.

Ureh
01-24-2014, 04:02 PM
AC2

Borgia Couriers and Thieves that scream/shout when they see you. Stores (ex blacksmiths, tailors, etc) that also had distinctive sounds & banners. Heralds and their various announcements. I guess that's it... for now.

aL_____eX
01-24-2014, 04:04 PM
wtf did I just read.
Yep. Crazy.

FreeKnowledge
01-24-2014, 04:16 PM
AC3 was my least favorite
1 loved the introduction of ships
2 loved the tree running mechanics
3 Horses bring them back
4 haytham
5 snow,when it happens lol

Landruner
01-24-2014, 04:20 PM
I will very simple: I usually like everything in any AC series (I sure wish some stuff could be deeper, but I am okay with most)

What i do not like the most in AC series and that make me quite and rage with that AC series - 2 things:

1 - The tailing missions (I expanded the details weeks ago over at least 10 different threads...) - The ones that know me know that I hate them and why....:confused:

2 - Ubsoft Marketing business deal with 3rd parties - That is scandalous for unlocking ULCs (Meaning that this content in on the disk and you pay for it) you have to buy McFarlane figures, Doctor Pepper at Walmart(?) and I forgot some others. Of course most the time the codes don't work they are attached to just one account and this business that involve your fan base to have to deal with third party is scandalous and it has to stop.:mad:

marcbryan
01-24-2014, 04:24 PM
Agree. AC3 is just multicultural american sh..t. Also i damn tired of putting by media creators Negroes everywhere, in movies, in games, in..., they like fu..ing virus, wth? Negroes are the most undeveloped race in the world, why i should love them? I mean, i do not hate them all and so on, but what the f..k they should be always in every movie, game, .... and so on? Putting them by movie, games ... creators everywhere don't make me love them, only vice verse.

That escalated quickly.

IWGCJoeCool
01-24-2014, 04:43 PM
AC3 was my least favorite
1 loved the introduction of ships
2 loved the tree running mechanics
3 Horses bring them back
4 haytham
5 snow,when it happens lol

please, shoot all the horses. the horse work in ACIII was the most clumsy and clunky thing i ever saw in an AC game, next to the tank work in B.

IWGCJoeCool
01-24-2014, 04:45 PM
That escalated quickly.

well, at least we know Mel Gibson plays AC games.

LoyalACFan
01-24-2014, 05:24 PM
please, shoot all the horses. the horse work in ACIII was the most clumsy and clunky thing i ever saw in an AC game, next to the tank work in B.

They can't really shy away from them though. These are historical games, and without a game based on ships, they kinda need horses unless they've reverted to the one-city-game BS. Horses need to be there, they just need to be good as well.

Hey, I know... Since RDR's lead designer Christian Cantamessa's new game Shadows of Mordor has ripped off AC's climbing mechanics, how about we let AC rip of RDR's horse mechanics? That sounds fair... Right?

In all seriousness though, MGSV, Witcher 3, and Red Dead all have (or look to have) better horse mechanics than AC, so I'm sure they could learn a few things from them without just flat ripping one of them off.

Gibbo2g_83
01-24-2014, 05:33 PM
AC3 was my least favourite.
1.Combat was the best out of all the games.
2.It introduced the rope dart.
3.The bow and arrow.
4.It introduced tree running.
5.Captain Kidds Sawtooth cutlass.

Kirokill
01-24-2014, 05:54 PM

This applies to me.

Aphex_Tim
01-24-2014, 05:55 PM
AC:B
The thing I liked most about it was the final Desmond mission. I'll probably get hate for this but I honestly can't think of anything in the main game that I liked more than the rest. In my opinion the missions were tedious; all of 'em. And although it's one of the shorter games in the series, it feels to me like it drags on forever without adding anything really important to the story. But I'll just stop here since I'd be getting off-topic.

Hans684
01-24-2014, 06:12 PM
Agree. AC3 is just american sh..t. Also i damn tired of putting by media creators white people everywhere, in movies, in games, in..., they like fu..ing virus, wth? white people are the most undeveloped race in the world, why i should love them? I mean, i do not hate them all and so on, but what the f..k they should be always in every movie, game, .... and so on? Putting them by movie, games ... creators everywhere don't make me love them, only vice verse.

If I change it to this then?

Zafar1981
01-24-2014, 10:20 PM
Yes you are little bit close to reality and it is also true that Africans have a small contribution in American history only, but a huge in Egyptian history. So putting them needlessly is something that matter. Role of Audwele in AC 4 is exact right but in AC 3 (i forget that old man name) is a needless, boring and dull character just like Ratonhnake':ton. I mean what the hell the creators were thinking when they put these two in the game. A beautiful game which would be the block buster had been ruined by that old African and young sprite follower native.

STDlyMcStudpants
01-24-2014, 10:35 PM
AC1
I really like the part when it was over.
lolllllll
I like the assassination missions.

marcbryan
01-24-2014, 10:35 PM
Yes you are little bit close to reality and it is also true that Africans have a small contribution in American history only, but a huge in Egyptian history. So putting them needlessly is something that matter. Role of Audwele in AC 4 is exact right but in AC 3 (i forget that old man name) is a needless, boring and dull character just like Ratonhnake':ton. I mean what the hell the creators were thinking when they put these two in the game. A beautiful game which would be the block buster had been ruined by that old African and young sprite follower native.

Native Americans had just as much of a role in the Revolution and the war that led up to it as the colonists.

So, if I've read correctly all protagonists from here on can only be white males at any age that are definitely not dark skinned or women.

poptartz20
01-24-2014, 11:23 PM

Woah... You need to calm the f#ck down. I don't know where you are coming from with that but I sure as hell don't like it.. You need to understand that people come from all backgrounds of nationality and ethnicity and if you cannot respect that then maybe you need to find yourself off these forums. I have nothing else to say about the matter because any other attacks will be all reported. I have no tolerance for racism nor your ignorance. (and to shade and widow I'm sorry and I understand if this does get deleted. :D )

Gahh... sorry everyone else. I shouldn't get worked up over silly people like that but ugh.

Anyways back to the topic. ACR was probably was the game I liked the least.

But what I did like about it was how Ezio's story ended and his speech at the end. I also liked Constantinople, along with parts of the story. I also really enjoyed Yusef! (sp) I hate that he got wacked off soo soon!

Shahkulu101
01-24-2014, 11:27 PM
Woah... You need to calm the f#ck down. I don't know where you are coming from with that but I sure as hell don't like it.. You need to understand that people come from all backgrounds of nationality and ethnicity and if you cannot respect that then maybe you need to find yourself off these forums. I have nothing else to say about the matter because any other attacks will be all reported. I have no tolerance for racism nor your ignorance. (and to shade and widow I'm sorry and I understand if this does get deleted. :D )

Gahh... sorry everyone else. I shouldn't get worked up over silly people like that but ugh.

Anyways back to the topic. ACR was probably was the game I liked the least.

But what I did like about it was how Ezio's story ended and his speech at the end. I also liked Constantinople, along with parts of the story. I also really enjoyed Yusef! (sp) I hate that he got wacked off soo soon!

Darby loves to kill off the most endearing of side characters. Why Yusuf why?!

He needs a game.

poptartz20
01-24-2014, 11:56 PM
Darby loves to kill off the most endearing of side characters. Why Yusuf why?!

He needs a game.

Oh!... don't get me started! Lol! Yusuf would would have been a great one to play. I just wish the hookblade wouldn't come back. Haha. well... maybe a prequel of how maybe he goes to find Ezio but instead he ends up in CHINA!?

That could work right!? lol.

PandaPuff86
01-25-2014, 12:13 AM
ACR was the worst of the worst for me in the series but there are some bright spots.

- Yusef's character should have his story a bit longer in ACR and perhaps save this sad story.
- Some of Altair's memories were interesting.
- I wished Sulimann's story would be longer. He was interesting.
- The obstacle course missions for the disks were fun.
- When Altair and Ezio meet at last.
- Lastly, remember that music video trailer they showed in E3? Yeah...that was better to look at than the game itself.:cool:

Also from the MP aspect, there is only two things I liked since the rest was ruined a lot. The modes that were introduced: Artifact Assault and Deathmatch nuff said. I know there's more but these two are 4ever.

LoyalACFan
01-25-2014, 12:19 AM
- Lastly, remember that music video trailer they showed in E3? Yeah...that was better to look at than the game itself.:cool:

Ah, yes, that was almost painfully good. But then they went and used it in the game itself, took out the music, and it became all weird and not cool at all.

silvermercy
01-25-2014, 12:23 AM
Ezio games. lol

But I loved all the locations and *le gasp* Ezio's joking manner and Italian accent. (yeah yeah, I liked him, too, :p)

Oh and the music. MAGICAL. One of the best games scores ever!

PandaPuff86
01-25-2014, 12:26 AM
Ah, yes, that was almost painfully good. But then they went and used it in the game itself, took out the music, and it became all weird and not cool at all.Yeah and it was really disappointing. Why they do that is still baffling to me. Dumb decision on Ubi's part.

LoyalACFan
01-25-2014, 12:32 AM
Yeah and it was really disappointing. Why they do that is still baffling to me. Dumb decision on Ubi's part.

Well to be fair, Revelations was a rush job from the start. It only got like eight months of development time, so any assets they could reuse, they did. I actually have to give a lot of credit to the ACR crew for making that game as good as it was for such a short dev cycle, because it was totally unfair that Ubi corporate sprung that on them at basically the last minute.

Zafar1981
01-25-2014, 12:33 AM
Ezio games. lol

But I loved all the locations and *le gasp* Ezio's joking manner and Italian accent. (yeah yeah, I liked him, too, :p)

Oh and the music. MAGICAL. One of the best games scores ever!
You are saying an oxi moran word like "Pretty ugly". You are saying "I hate you like I love you". All ezio game except everything in that game. Tell the truth that you love AC 2 game but you don't want to admit that AC 3 was a trash. Come on be brave and say boldly that AC 3 is really a disappointment.

silvermercy
01-25-2014, 12:38 AM
You are saying an oxi moran word like "Pretty ugly". You are saying "I hate you like I love you". All ezio game except everything in that game. Tell the truth that you love AC 2 game but you don't want to admit that AC 3 was a trash. Come on be brave and say boldly that AC 3 is really a disappointment.
lol I actually liked the AC2 games, even ACR. Just not as much as AC3 or AC4. (I was actually not so fond of AC3 location, for example. It was Connor's character that made the game the best for me that I managed to ignore other little nuisances). :cool:

marcbryan
01-25-2014, 12:45 AM
lol I actually liked the AC2 games, even ACR. Just not as much as AC3 or AC4. (I was actually not so fond of AC3 location, for example. It was Connor's character that made the game the best for me that I managed to ignore other little nuisances). :cool:

Agreed! Except I really liked the locations.

And you! You're intense.

Zafar1981
01-25-2014, 12:55 AM
And you! You're intense.
Well I am saying it deliberately that AC 3 is a huge disappointment and it is the only AC game which I had never played again after finishing once. I admit it and I also claim that AC 2 is the best AC game made ever.

AU7thGear
01-25-2014, 02:53 AM
ACR and AC1:

Loved both the stories. Conversely, the novelisation of AC1 "The Secret Crusade" did a much better job at telling the greater narrative, one of my favourite books.