PDA

View Full Version : Would there ever be ?

Valkohir
01-22-2014, 11:16 PM
a DLC were in Ac4 Black flag u can Actualy change ur Jackdaw to a Man of War or .. change it.. to Other different Ships... kinda gets Boring... after a while of using the Jackdaw..

Silent Running5
01-22-2014, 11:35 PM
a DLC were in Ac4 Black flag u can Actualy change ur Jackdaw to a Man of War or .. change it.. to Other different Ships... kinda gets Boring... after a while of using the Jackdaw..

I cant see upgrading the Jackdaw to a Man of War, but I wouldn't mind being able to buy a Man of War and then upgrade it fully after finishing upgrading the Jackdaw.

LoyalACFan
01-22-2014, 11:41 PM
No, your Jackdaw is what you've got. I'm pretty sure there isn't going to be any more Black Flag DLC.

IWGCJoeCool
01-23-2014, 03:00 AM
No, your Jackdaw is what you've got. I'm pretty sure there isn't going to be any more Black Flag DLC.

if that's the case i'm going to feel a tad undershipped, compared to the 3 chapters last year. to my mind, Freedom Cry was pretty good, but only seemed to be half of the total ToKW triad. all this multimedia and second screen stuff doesnt count towards a sold 30.00 of DLC content.

LoyalACFan
01-23-2014, 05:51 AM
if that's the case i'm going to feel a tad undershipped, compared to the 3 chapters last year. to my mind, Freedom Cry was pretty good, but only seemed to be half of the total ToKW triad. all this multimedia and second screen stuff doesnt count towards a sold 30.00 of DLC content.

Well I just feel like it would have been announced by now if there was going to be more. The entirety of TOKW was announced before the main freaking game came out, same with Freedom Cry. What with Ubi's annual release cycle, we're rapidly approaching the point where Black Flag will become "last year's game" and all of their focus will be shifted onto AC 2014 (which, going by the announcement dates for the last three games, will probably be revealed in six weeks or so).

MeMckee
01-23-2014, 06:38 AM
no. DLCs take time away from the people working on AC4.5/AC5......and they are already not being given enough time to make epic game like AC2.....tbh,ymmv,imho, yada yada ya

Landruner
01-23-2014, 06:47 AM
no. DLCs take time away from the people working on AC4.5/AC5......and they are already not being given enough time to make epic game like AC2.....tbh,ymmv,imho, yada yada ya

Usually for most video game companies - Dlcs are made by additional teams that the ones that worked in the main game(s) - with all the studios across the world that Ubisoft has, I do believe that the crew members, teams and studios that are working on AC5 are different that the one that worked on AC4 that perhaps are already working on BF 2 or on AC6 or any spin off that Ubisoft may come with.

In Cinema it is exactly the same technique with the second, third, and fourth units.
Main director works on the main sequence on his/her movie, and lesser units work on the additional material and sequence (During the main shooting and post production) with different and additional directors.

Consider DLCs as post production product - however and alas the greed of some companies made them cut material from the main game.
Freedom Cry sounds like one of those, hopefully they come with some more and additional material made post main production.

MeMckee
01-23-2014, 07:03 AM
Usually for most video game companies - Dlcs are made by additional teams that the ones that worked in the main game(s) - with all the studios across the world that Ubisoft has, I do believe that the crew members, teams and studios that are working on AC5 are different that the one that worked on AC4 that perhaps are already working on BF 2 or on AC6 or any spin off that Ubisoft may come with.

In Cinema it is exactly the same technique with the second, third, and fourth units.
Main director works on the main sequence on his/her movie, and lesser units work on the additional material and sequence (During the main shooting and post production) with different and additional directors.

Consider DLCs as post production product - however and alas the greed of some companies made them cut material from the main game.
Freedom Cry sounds like one of those, hopefully they come with some more and additional material made post main production.

I agree it would be nice to see additional DLC that couldn't make it into black flag but I am not hopeful. Ubi's does not inspire confidence in me recently.

DinoSteve1
01-23-2014, 12:00 PM
It wouldn't make sense to have a man of war, they aren't really nimble enough for Edward to have one.