PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else wish you could have a bow and arrow again?

Gibbo2g_83
01-22-2014, 12:56 PM
I completed Black Flag and I'm 99% synched on Assassins Creed Liberation HD both are brilliant games but I wish you could've had a bow and arrow on both games it's so much better than a blow pipe although I'd still like to be able to have a blow pipe as well as it is really useful for the stealth parts. I really hope the bow and arrow makes a return in the next game wherever it may be.

Landruner
01-22-2014, 02:41 PM
The bow was cool but a silent Crossbow was cruelly missing (Crossbow turned into a mini crossbow (hand-crossbow) using darts instead of bolts)... The blow pipe was cool, but I wish they cool have introduced more innovative ranged weapons and gadgetry in the last entries.

LUR21
01-22-2014, 03:03 PM
Yeah I'm for that. I also was a bit disappointed that the were no rowboats you could physically use to go to shore with or even the canoes like in assassins creed liberations.

x___Luffy___x
01-22-2014, 03:19 PM
i really liked Connor's bow and arrow.

pacmanate
01-22-2014, 03:36 PM
I liked the idea of a bow, its a shame the stealth mechanics were ****ed for it.

I always use to get caught with it even if I was on top of a building shooting down.

cjdavies
01-22-2014, 04:06 PM
I liked the idea of a bow, its a shame the stealth mechanics were ****ed for it.

I always use to get caught with it even if I was on top of a building shooting down.

AC3 rihgt? I had the same problem, hadno problems with Ezio (I have no idea which AC it was in), but never used it in AC3 after how rubbish it was.

I loved using the Berkser Dart on the Snipers and Brutes.

Gibbo2g_83
01-22-2014, 04:12 PM

That always happened to me too :) But I still thought it was cool I used to like it in the frontier for a starting attack on groups of red coats and I liked it if you shot at a guard standing next to another It would go through both. In Liberation HD I would rather have had a bow and arrow than a pistol.

dxsxhxcx
01-22-2014, 04:55 PM
if it fits the setting I don't see why not, free aim is a must though...

TexasToast712
01-22-2014, 05:05 PM
I want a tiny hand crossbow like you can get for the Navigator.

SixKeys
01-22-2014, 05:05 PM
I wouldn't mind it as long as it fits the setting and actually works as a stealth tool.

adventurewomen
01-22-2014, 05:34 PM
Yeah I missed using the bow & arrow. I used it a lot in AC3 & ToKW for stealth kills.

Consus_E
01-22-2014, 05:52 PM
Meh

STDlyMcStudpants
01-22-2014, 06:45 PM
With free aim?
Yes please
TBH i never used it in AC3..i spent $10 for a sawtoothed sword..and id be damned if i didnt use it the whole time

LoyalACFan
01-22-2014, 07:13 PM
It's a shame the detection/aiming mechanics were so bad in AC3, because the bow looked so badass. Wouldn't mind having one again, as long as it fits the setting, though bows have been so common throughout history, most potential settings would be fine up to the point guns became common. Connor gets a free pass because it's part of his culture, even though gun use was widespread by that point.

Landruner
01-22-2014, 07:30 PM
It's a shame the detection/aiming mechanics were so bad in AC3, because the bow looked so badass. Wouldn't mind having one again, as long as it fits the setting, though bows have been so common throughout history, most potential settings would be fine up to the point guns became common. Connor gets a free pass because it's part of his culture, even though gun use was widespread by that point.

i agree with you, what bug me the most is despite the fact that it would have been difficult to put it in the contest of the Piracy (But why not, if done smart and well it could have been interesting to see that happen for AC4), Ubisoft decided to drop mostly the bow from the series because of the negative feedback concerning the bow of AC3 - i am not sure that Ubisoft got that people were complaining about the bow itself, but most complaints were concerning the aiming system.

acbrother17
01-22-2014, 08:19 PM
I would definitely want to see the bow and arrow return with the free and feature, and be able to use it on the move, like what we saw in AC3 E3 trailer, when connor use his bow and arrow in the air to shot the templar red coat captain.

marcbryan
01-22-2014, 08:32 PM
Definitely! Especially in a game with dense proper fun frontier mission design, free aim and a story that does Connor a little more justice.