PDA

View Full Version : AC V idea if it was set in the French Revolution...

xxtonypunk96xx
01-22-2014, 03:50 AM
As much as I love the idea of Connor lending a hand in the French Revolution, I think if they did go this path wouldn't it be better if it was an Aveline sequel? She is half French after all,and yet, like Connor she is a minority, she would have a greater advantage and would be able to blend a much better than Connor could due to her heritage. Also plot wise it makes a lot of sense considering AC Liberation's ending basically foreshadowed what Aveline did in the story and perhaps what she will do later on in life which is where the French Revolution could come into play. She's also an intriguing character and while I loved Connor because I saw a lot of me in him, I think digging deeper into Aveline's character would keep those who didn't enjoy Connor happy as well as the fan base in general. Anyways I wanted to bring this up since no one else has brought it up and yet it seems to me the most sensible one lol.

TexasToast712
01-22-2014, 03:55 AM
Im sick of the 18th Century. Stupid powdered wigs and muskets.

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-22-2014, 08:30 AM
I haven't played Liberations yet but I do know that Aveline is part French. That would be ideal for her, and Connor can come too since he's probably the most ambitious person and wants to get involved in anything with freedom/Assassins vs. Templars/etc, (and it's ideally around his time period near the end of AC3), not to mention that Lafayette did invite him there as well.

To be honest, both can play a great role in the French Revolution if they go that route.

TorQue1988
01-22-2014, 12:34 PM
I would like to see The French Revolution (it would have MUCH BETTER architecture than AC3, Liberation or Black Flag combined), but with a fresh character. That said, Connor, Aveline and Benjamin Franklin should have prominent roles in the game as side characters.

Bookeworm
01-22-2014, 03:05 PM
Where's this sudden outpouring of love for Connor coming from? I was pretty sure the community strongly disliked him and never wanted to see him in a game again.

Anyway, as much as I enjoyed ACIII and Liberation, I want a new Assassin. I feel like Ubisoft has told Connor and Aveline's stories, and there is so much potential in crafting a new story with a new protagonist that I would rather they go that route. The French Revolution could be a really interesting setting, but TexasToast has a point... let's go somewhere new. Somewhere completely different. That's the only way Assassin's Creed will actually be reinvigorated as a series.

pacmanate
01-22-2014, 03:37 PM
We need to get out of the 18th century. We have 3 games there now plus Adewales DLC and Avelines DLC.

Landruner
01-22-2014, 03:44 PM
As much as I love the idea of Connor lending a hand in the French Revolution, I think if they did go this path wouldn't it be better if it was an Aveline sequel? She is half French after all,and yet, like Connor she is a minority, she would have a greater advantage and would be able to blend a much better than Connor could due to her heritage. Also plot wise it makes a lot of sense considering AC Liberation's ending basically foreshadowed what Aveline did in the story and perhaps what she will do later on in life which is where the French Revolution could come into play. She's also an intriguing character and while I loved Connor because I saw a lot of me in him, I think digging deeper into Aveline's character would keep those who didn't enjoy Connor happy as well as the fan base in general. Anyways I wanted to bring this up since no one else has brought it up and yet it seems to me the most sensible one lol.

I don't know why? must be some reason behind it, but i would like to see that French revolution thing really happens....:rolleyes:

lothario-da-be
01-22-2014, 03:59 PM
This AGAIN?

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-22-2014, 04:46 PM
Where's this sudden outpouring of love for Connor coming from? I was pretty sure the community strongly disliked him and never wanted to see him in a game again.

Anyway, as much as I enjoyed ACIII and Liberation, I want a new Assassin. I feel like Ubisoft has told Connor and Aveline's stories, and there is so much potential in crafting a new story with a new protagonist that I would rather they go that route. The French Revolution could be a really interesting setting, but TexasToast has a point... let's go somewhere new. Somewhere completely different. That's the only way Assassin's Creed will actually be reinvigorated as a series.

I beg to differ. If they read my post, they might have a second opinion :)

Consus_E
01-22-2014, 06:28 PM
This is a good idea! I have never seen this setting suggested! How about these too:

Feudal Japan
Egypt
Civil War (Merica of course)
Another Ezio Game
WW1,2,3
Modern Day
Victorian England
Vikings
Future
Soviet Russia
Earth

These are all totaly original!!!
(lol no)

Landruner
01-22-2014, 07:21 PM
This is a good idea! I have never seen this setting suggested! How about these too:

Feudal Japan
Egypt
Civil War (Merica of course)
Another Ezio Game
WW1,2,3
Modern Day
Victorian England
Vikings
Future
Soviet Russia
Earth

These are all totaly original!!!
(lol no)

You forgot to mention my backyard as a potential location - My dog is a notorious Templar, I have trees for the parcourt, garden gnomes for the social blending and a sandbox for my kids. Perfect location indeed!

Guoyu23
01-22-2014, 07:23 PM
Sorry, but I couldn't find the previous discussion. As regards to your question, I was wondering the same thing. They said the Star Wars special offer (with the 40% discount) where they draw your face as a Star Wars character would only last 5 days, but I just tried this link: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_characters (http://webarchive.yzi.me/star-wars-25423), and it seems the coupons still works. I bought another character for my son after the previous one turned out so well. I think I couldn't have thought of a better gift, and he was of course extremely happy about it. I can only recommend this service for you.

Landruner
01-22-2014, 07:25 PM
sorry, but i couldn't find the previous discussion. As regards to your question, i was wondering the same thing. They said the star wars special offer (with the 40% discount) where they draw your face as a star wars character would only last 5 days, but i just tried this link: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/star_wars_characters (http://webarchive.yzi.me/star-wars-25423), and it seems the coupons still works. I bought another character for my son after the previous one turned out so well. I think i couldn't have thought of a better gift, and he was of course extremely happy about it. I can only recommend this service for you.

spam(?)

Will_Lucky
01-22-2014, 09:55 PM
Aveline might be too old for it, she'd be in her 40's when the revolution begins in 1789 (Probably earlier to create background in game), and to do the game justice...well it would have to end with Napoleons death in 1821.

To get a French Revolution game done justice, you'd need a character at most in there 20's when the game begins.