PDA

View Full Version : Proven beyond doubt: AC4 screws up your saves, nothing else

Theylmar
01-21-2014, 05:19 PM
Long story short. Played AC, suddenly my saves stopped working.
Ubisoft says they cannot do a jack ****, some fools claim that saves to HDD work just fine.

Proven wrong!
I took time to start digging my automated backups, habit I have had due to once losing most stuff on my OS-drive.

As it happens, they span aaalll the way to october 2013. So I boot up my restore software and started to restore my savegame folder for Ubicrap.
I restored savegame dated 30.11.2013, my last achievement in Uplay is from 8.12.2013

Guess what happens when I open up the savegame? One that has been safely locked away since 1.12.2013? Which cannot have been corrupted at time of saving because I have used that game to get achievement over week later?

IT CLAIMS SAVE IS BROKEN!
Ubisoft, what the F**K ARE YOU DOING?

Dellers
01-21-2014, 05:37 PM
Ubisoft really need to give people the option to have multiple save files soon. Games with only one file can and usually will fail, I've experienced that several times. Unless they start implementing a save system that the player has more control over this will happen with each and every game, and only luck can prevent you as a player from losing your saves.

Theylmar
01-21-2014, 06:15 PM
Not even luck. As noted, savegame which I restored from backup must have worked, else I could not have gained achievement week after it was backed up.

Ubisoft developers have done something which destroys compatibility of savegames and now they stubbornly refuse to fix it. I guess only way they would fix it is if authorities start to investigate their questionable activities and place them in danger of getting big trouble.

Authorities on other hand won't touch the issue unless they are told to do so.

Frag_Maniac
01-21-2014, 09:58 PM
I have yet to have any save problems through two 100% sync play throughs of AC IV, and one each of Freedom Cry and Liberation, and I tried disabling cloud sync and that worked too. I don't know why some have these problems and others don't. Maybe it's that I downloaded and installed it via Steam.

YazX_
01-22-2014, 01:33 PM
I have yet to have any save problems through two 100% sync play throughs of AC IV, and one each of Freedom Cry and Liberation, and I tried disabling cloud sync and that worked too. I don't know why some have these problems and others don't. Maybe it's that I downloaded and installed it via Steam.

well nah its not because you got it through steam, i have UPlay versions and didnt have any single issue, sometimes there are too many reasons to think of as each PC has different configurationd and hardware, but most probably conflicting process, read/write access and drivers are main causes for such issues.

Mr_Shade
01-22-2014, 05:41 PM
Indeed.

PC's are complex things - even some AV software, can sometimes have 'issues' with certain games and save files..

Anyone with issues with local saves - should be in touch with support - who can help troubleshoot and find the reason - especially if save games keep getting corrupted for no 'known' reason.

I suggest that the OP contacts support, and please try not to swear at them - and see what they can suggest - please do double check cloud saves are disabled - https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ecGwCAI

www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com)