PDA

View Full Version : I hope they make Black Flag 2

StocktonBrawler
01-20-2014, 08:08 PM
in my humble opinion, This game was by far the best of the series - I absolutely loved it from beginning to end. I know that ubisoft is considering a pirate spin off series, my only suggestion is that keep Edward as the protagonist.

What do you think? Would you like to see a Black Flag 2? And what improvements would you recommend? I'm the farthest thing from a game developer, but here's a list of suggestions
+ more content ie coves, pirate infested islands, treasure locations, governor's mansions
+ more weapons: such as axes, daggers (and the ability to mix and match your dual weapons), and blunderbusses/muskets (that you can actually buy and carry around with you)...and if they could add sheathes it would be cool.
+ more double counters - I consider myself an above average player and I receive them quite frequently but others struggle. If they could add more opportunities and new animations it would be great.
+ more crafting and variety
+ and a ton of more assassination contracts

dbzk1999
01-20-2014, 08:16 PM
in my humble opinion, This game was by far the best of the series - I absolutely loved it from beginning to end. I know that ubisoft is considering a pirate spin off series, my only suggestion is that keep Edward as the protagonist.

What do you think? Would you like to see a Black Flag 2? And what improvements would you recommend? I'm the farthest thing from a game developer, but here's a list of suggestions
+ more content ie coves, pirate infested islands, treasure locations, governor's mansions
+ more weapons: such as axes, daggers (and the ability to mix and match your dual weapons), and blunderbusses/muskets (that you can actually buy and carry around with you)...and if they could add sheathes it would be cool.
+ more double counters - I consider myself an above average player and I receive them quite frequently but others struggle. If they could add more opportunities and new animations it would be great.
+ and a ton of more assassination contractsas much as I would love it u think Edward is done we already know when he died
And I presume he settled down with Tessa before he died

StocktonBrawler
01-20-2014, 08:18 PM
as much as I would love it u think Edward is done we already know when he died
And I presume he settled down with Tessa before he died

You can still work around it, either do a prequel or set the game while Edward was at his height of fame and glory.

STDlyMcStudpants
01-20-2014, 08:20 PM
I wouldnt mind 8) just not as an AC game...but as a spin off - sure

dbzk1999
You can still work around it, either do a prequel or set the game while Edward was at his height of fame and glory.

I'd say his height of glory was during black flag
Remember he sailed back to London (I think)

GrubbierSnow85
If you could use the spyglass anywhere (and not just at the wheel of the jackdaw), that would be awesome.

SixKeys
01-20-2014, 08:21 PM

That was Black Flag.

Assassin_M
01-20-2014, 08:22 PM
Edward retired as a pirate after Black flag, so another game with Edward AND along the same lines of Black flag (i.e pirating) would be impossible. I also don't want to see Edward again, honestly. His game was very fulfilling. it showed a man fueled by wealth and infamy, realize his purpose and pursue a cause that promised him betterment. We know what everything that happens afterwards. He returns to England, settles down, marries Tessa (and presumably resumes his Assassin duties), trains Haytham then dies. Edward's life is full circle.

also, some of the suggestions are really too much for a game like AC. Yearly schedule and all...AC IV, without your luxurious suggestions, is HUGE as it is..

StocktonBrawler
01-20-2014, 09:03 PM
Edward retired as a pirate after Black flag, so another game with Edward AND along the same lines of Black flag (i.e pirating) would be impossible. I also don't want to see Edward again, honestly. His game was very fulfilling. it showed a man fueled by wealth and infamy, realize his purpose and pursue a cause that promised him betterment. We know what everything that happens afterwards. He returns to England, settles down, marries Tessa (and presumably resumes his Assassin duties), trains Haytham then dies. Edward's life is full circle.

also, some of the suggestions are really too much for a game like AC. Yearly schedule and all...AC IV, without your luxurious suggestions, is HUGE as it is..

Different teams produce different games, it is feasible.

I don't know, I liked Edward so much as a character it would suck to see him go.

StocktonBrawler
01-20-2014, 09:04 PM
Question, if there was a Black Flag II would it still be technically considered an AC game? In other words, would they use the title AC: Black Flag 2?

And would it run off of the same engine?

Assassin_M
01-20-2014, 09:07 PM
Different teams produce different games, it is feasible.
Uhh, no..no it's not feasible. The yearly schedule would prevent so much of what you're suggesting regardless of different teams.

I don't know, I liked Edward so much as a character it would suck to see him go.
Well, that's life, eh? I like Edward a lot too and I like Altair....and Connor...would I want to see them again? maybe...wouldn't mind, but I was satisfied with their stories and I wouldn't ASK to see them again, why? because if I ask for it, the character will get milked like Ezio and we'll have half-assed sequel after half-assed sequel..

silvermercy
01-20-2014, 09:10 PM
I really liked Edward, too, but I think his story was fully told. I would have only liked an extra game with Edward if we didn't know the rest of his story / Forsaken was not written, he didn't die etc etc...

StocktonBrawler
01-20-2014, 09:15 PM
Uhh, no..no it's not feasible. The yearly schedule would prevent so much of what you're suggesting regardless of different teams.

Well, that's life, eh? I like Edward a lot too and I like Altair....and Connor...would I want to see them again? maybe...wouldn't mind, but I was satisfied with their stories and I wouldn't ASK to see them again, why? because if I ask for it, the character will get milked like Ezio and we'll have half-assed sequel after half-assed sequel..

Well, would you want to see a black flag 2 and what improvements would you recommend?

FatRascal
01-20-2014, 09:47 PM
I didn't know there were rumours of a pirate spin-off series, but I like the sound of that. Equally, I'm not sure how long you can reconcile the whole pirates/assassins thing.

As Black Flag represents the END of the golden age of piracy, and as it's "done" the Caribbean so well and comprehensively, when and where would you take another pirate game? Eastern seaboard of USA? (bit too similar to AC3). What about a prequel set in the Indian Ocean where Captain Kidd did most of his work? Could be a Capt. Mary Read prequel maybe?

I don't think an Edward Kenway prequel would work, because prior to Black Flag, he was just a crew member on somebody else's Privateer vessel wasn't he?

Definitely more pirate stuff like Black Flag though, it's superb. The atmosphere is judged perfectly. Well done Ubi.

I still think Victorian London would be the best place to take the Assassin / Templar war, but I wonder if The Order 1886 will have occupied that territory, so that the AC guys won't want their game to look like a "copycat?"

Assassin_M
01-20-2014, 09:52 PM
Well, would you want to see a black flag 2 and what improvements would you recommend?
I wouldn't really want another Pirate AC game and do I want just a pirate game? I have Black Flag, this imo is the best pirate game ever.
The improvements i'd recommend are minimal, really. They have to do with sound mixing, weather transition and better water shaders.

StocktonBrawler
01-20-2014, 10:14 PM
I wouldn't really want another Pirate AC game and do I want just a pirate game? I have Black Flag, this imo is the best pirate game ever.
The improvements i'd recommend are minimal, really. They have to do with sound mixing, weather transition and better water shaders.

So you wouldn't want to see more double counter animations, more weapons to choose from?

Shahkulu101
01-20-2014, 10:19 PM
So you wouldn't want to see more double counter animations, more weapons to choose from?

No double counters. I want tactical combat and no a 'system' based on glorified QTE's.

Assassin_M
01-20-2014, 10:23 PM
I want a more diverse combat system, honestly it'd take a long time to post about and i'v talked about it a lot. the combat system we have now is SO bare imo and could use some work to be more appealing for me.
Weapons don't really mean anything anyway. I can finish the whole game with JUST the hidden blades and blow pipe.

StocktonBrawler
01-20-2014, 10:23 PM
No double counters. I want tactical combat and no a 'system' based on glorified QTE's.

You don't like double counters? That's arguably the best aspect of AC3.

Fatal-Feit
01-20-2014, 10:49 PM

Not really. Maybe for the novices.

AC:3 had a really worked out combat that allows for a more aggressive play. I don't hear much talks about those double tool kills. Those are the real deal that was AT LEAST somewhat improved in AC:IV. And they could be manually triggered unlike the double counters.

Shahkulu101
01-20-2014, 10:54 PM

The animations were awesome but to be honest it took no real effort and that takes away the satisfaction, ergo the fun factor.

ze_topazio
01-21-2014, 01:16 AM
Call of Duty

Call of Duty 2

Call of Duty 3

Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

Assassin's Creed

Assassin's Creed II

Assassin's Creed III

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

Assassin's Creed Black Flag 2

Assassin's Creed Black Flag 3

http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/series2/899e1ad6.gif

ACfan443
01-21-2014, 01:18 AM
As long as it isn't associated with AC in any way. I.e becomes its own franchise.

Assassin_M
01-21-2014, 01:20 AM
http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/series2/899e1ad6.gif
what is this abomination?

ACfan443
01-21-2014, 01:24 AM

Hahahaha.

ze_topazio
01-21-2014, 01:29 AM

Hard Gay.

Assassin_M
01-21-2014, 01:36 AM
Hard Gay.
Well, it's my signature now

pacmanate
01-21-2014, 01:40 AM
IMO it would feel like copy paste.

ze_topazio
01-21-2014, 01:57 AM
Well, it's my signature now

http://yattacast.fr/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Hard-Gay-01.jpg

crappyjazz
01-21-2014, 02:50 AM
If they did a pirate spin off I would want naval combat MP with the ability to upgrade your ship, crew, etc.

Landruner
01-21-2014, 03:40 AM
it had been an unofficial bet of $1,000,000 that it will be a Black Flag 2 by 2015 , so it will be trust me.

StocktonBrawler
01-21-2014, 03:52 AM
Dd not know that ubisoft had a questionnaire about a potential black flag 2, I'm happy now.

I just hope to God Edward comes back, if not - let us play as Vane. Dude was a badass.

LoyalACFan
01-21-2014, 03:54 AM
Dd not know that ubisoft had a questionnaire about a potential black flag 2, I'm happy now.

I just hope to God Edward comes back, if not - let us play as Vane. Dude was a badass.

They didn't have a questionnaire for Black Flag 2 per se, just a few questions in a market survey assessing whether or not players would be interested in a pirate franchise outside of Assassin's Creed.

But yes, playing as Vane would be cool. He's like the Trevor Phillips of the 18th century.

StocktonBrawler
01-21-2014, 04:14 AM
They didn't have a questionnaire for Black Flag 2 per se, just a few questions in a market survey assessing whether or not players would be interested in a pirate franchise outside of Assassin's Creed.

But yes, playing as Vane would be cool. He's like the Trevor Phillips of the 18th century.

I don't know, didnt the development team reveal that two AC's will be released in 2014?

I'm just hoping they do it.

I'd Prefer Edward over anyone else but Vane would be second choice, the guy was the most ruthless pirate of that era and that says something.

LoyalACFan
01-21-2014, 04:22 AM
I don't know, didnt the development team reveal that two AC's will be released in 2014?

Somebody hinted at that, but I hope to God it isn't true. They're already pushing it with annualized sequels, are we really going to get good AC games if they cut that release cycle in half?

Hopefully they were just talking about ACL:HD and AC5.

StocktonBrawler
01-21-2014, 04:54 AM
Somebody hinted at that, but I hope to God it isn't true. They're already pushing it with annualized sequels, are we really going to get good AC games if they cut that release cycle in half?

Ugh, ACL was disgusting. Worst character and worst game of the series by far.

SixKeys
01-21-2014, 01:50 PM
Ugh, ACL was disgusting. Worst character and worst game of the series by far.

Worse than Bloodlines? I find that hard to believe.

dbzk1999
01-21-2014, 03:18 PM

I'd Prefer Edward over anyone else but Vane would be second choice, the guy was the most ruthless pirate of that era and that says something.
Unless it takes place before black flag ur not playing as vane trust me

StocktonBrawler
01-21-2014, 03:37 PM
Worse than Bloodlines? I find that hard to believe.

Well, Aveline sucked. At least you got to play as Altair.

SixKeys
01-21-2014, 03:52 PM

Alta´r in Bloodlines sucked too. His voice acting was awful.

Landruner
01-21-2014, 05:02 PM

I read somewhere and in deffereint articles that they planned 2 ACs game for 2014 beginning of 2015 additionally ACL - HD - No one knows so far if the second planned AC besides AC5 would be a spin off, an arcade game, a Vita exclusivity or an apps game for phone and tablet, but it seems that they are going to be 2 more AC games by next winter holiday season.

Landruner
01-21-2014, 05:03 PM

Why Aveline sucks? Because she is a she Assassin? - In short, a girl?

pacmanate
01-21-2014, 05:37 PM

I think Connor sucked and he wasn't a girl. That was a stupid conclusion to jump too.

LoyalACFan
01-21-2014, 05:47 PM

Or perhaps because she just wasn't a very compelling character.

SixKeys
01-21-2014, 06:16 PM
StocktonBrawler made some sexist comments regarding Aveline in another thread, I think that's why Landruner jumped to the conclusion he did.

Edit: From the "Female protagonist" thread:

No, no, no, no.

Liberation HD is directly indicates that having a female protagonist is utterly ridiculous. I hope they never ever have a female protagonist in a major game ever again.

LoyalACFan
01-21-2014, 06:53 PM
Oh. I haven't clicked into that thread. Because frankly, threads about the possibility for a female/gay/black/anythingbutastraightwhiteguy protagonist invariably turn sour. I'm still shuddering from the "Indians can't be Assassins" crap.

Landruner
01-21-2014, 07:04 PM
I think Connor sucked and he wasn't a girl. That was a stupid conclusion to jump too.

I started thinking that you were a fat one, now you just prove me that you are definitely one.

Edit: After consideration,"pacmante" that is only the third time over the 3 past months that you treated me as stupid, Must be old history UK vs French you can help or sort of:rolleyes:

Landruner
01-21-2014, 07:06 PM
Oh. I haven't clicked into that thread. Because frankly, threads about the possibility for a female/gay/black/anythingbutastraightwhiteguy protagonist invariably turn sour. I'm still shuddering from the "Indians can't be Assassins" crap.

So, with all my respect , why are you even commenting and posting there? :rolleyes::p

Landruner
01-21-2014, 07:13 PM
StocktonBrawler made some sexist comments regarding Aveline in another thread, I think that's why Landruner jumped to the conclusion he did.

Edit: From the "Female protagonist" thread:

AH! You saw it too, thanks, it makes me feel better!

UncappedWheel82
01-21-2014, 07:23 PM
Black Flag 2 with Connor? Lets go.

pacmanate
01-21-2014, 07:24 PM
I started thinking that you were a fat one, now you just prove me that you are definitely one.

Edit: After consideration,"pacmante" that is only the third time over the 3 past months that you treated me as stupid, Must be old history UK vs French you can help or sort of:rolleyes:

A fat what?

And I disagree with people all the time, its got nothing to do with French vs UK. I don't give a **** about that, I just play games.

Landruner
01-21-2014, 07:25 PM
So, with all my respect , why are you even commenting and posting there? :rolleyes::p

Edit: Honestly who cares if the next Assassin is a black lesbian with Jewish ancestry, Why not? As long as the game is good, why not?! The guy wrote that Female character should ever come across video game - Tell that to the maker of TR with Lara, and some other famous video games with female characters, His comments were sexist and not really relevant for that matter.

LoyalACFan
01-21-2014, 07:26 PM

Um... I'm not? If you're talking about the conversation with SixKeys about the Arkham women, that's a different thread. And I'm only having that discussion because SixKeys has intelligent points. I'm not seeing any "lol girls cant be azzazzinz cuz dey got boobies" talk in that thread.

Edit: Honestly who cares if the next Assassin is a black lesbian with Jewish ancestry, Why not? As long as the game is good, why not?! The guy wrote that Female character should ever come across video game - Tell that to the maker of TR with Lara, and some other famous video games with female characters, His comments were sexist and not really relevant for that matter.

I agree, and I'm staying away from the female protagonist thread because I just figured it would be full of sexist bull$hite such as the paragraph SixKeys quoted above.

Landruner
01-21-2014, 07:35 PM
A fat what?

And I disagree with people all the time, its got nothing to do with French vs UK. I don't give a **** about that, I just play games.

Okay,I respect the fact you disagree, but please do it with delinquency and stop calling people with qualitative such as idiots, stupids or noobs, because this is actually what you used for me in several occasions (Not lying) and I always guessed that you were doing this because I am French - So yep, each time you come to reply this type of stuff to my comments I think you are a "fat one..." especially after making a point with an user that had sexist comments. Besides you wrote on another thread that Aveline was a cool character (?), so why writing to me (3 post above) that maybe she is not and i jumped to stupid conclusion?

I asked the guy those question because of some previous comment he made on some other thread (see the post from Sixkeys above).

Landruner
01-21-2014, 07:40 PM
Um... I'm not? If you're talking about the conversation with SixKeys about the Arkham women, that's a different thread. And I'm only having that discussion because SixKeys has intelligent points. I'm not seeing any "lol girls cant be azzazzinz cuz dey got boobies" talk in that thread.

I agree, and I'm staying away from the female protagonist thread because I just figured it would be full of sexist bull$hite such as the paragraph SixKeys quoted above.

No problem I was teasing you in that reply, and I see now what you tried to say (staying away) and I did not understand in your previous post. However; I still maintain that female character are great and I encourage Ubisoft to considering one for a next opus, or at least if the story allow this, the option for the player to have the option to choose between the gender.

Landruner
01-21-2014, 07:43 PM
Black Flag 2 with Connor? Lets go.

Black flag 2 with the hidden sister of Connor ...;)

Mr_Shade
01-21-2014, 07:47 PM
Glad to see this thread, getting back on topic, if via a rather wide detour..

Landruner
01-21-2014, 08:19 PM

+ and a ton of more assassination contracts

I strongly believe and wrote it several times that it will be a black flag 2 and certainly an exploitation of this IP. Now do the next entry has to be attached to the AC series and the hero being an assassin? I don't know, hopefully as long as the character for a BF2 has the same ability and agility than an Assassin, i would not mind if that character is not directly attached to the Creed. I believe that a good BF 2 should go by its own, and perhaps get separated from the AC series in order to prevent the limitation or provoking restriction in the gameplay (However; pirates can still have some sort of assassination contract but more related to their lore than the Creed and the Templars).
Some idea of Thievery contracts would have been nice as well.
And I wish that the character can explore some dangerous islands with secret and lost temple in order to discovering some hidden treasure... (Indiana Jones or TR like but with the AC/ prince of Persia sauce on the top.)
One month ago, we made some list over some threads of idea and scenario that we were hoping to see already for some extra content for AC4 and we were hoping in seeing some random encounter events, which would have been cool to see in AC4...(?)

The examples you mention above are excellent, and i wish that some would have already been in AC4 .

StocktonBrawler
01-21-2014, 11:12 PM
No offense, but how am I sexist? You guys are jumping to conclusions based off of a rather innocuous opinion.

Not to mention, it is a massive risk having a female protangist in a future AC title and given AC's history it's likely that they'll never visit the subject.

Kaschra
01-21-2014, 11:35 PM
No offense, but how am I sexist? You guys are jumping to conclusions based off of a rather innocuous opinion.

Not to mention, it is a massive risk having a female protangist in a future AC title and given AC's history it's likely that they'll never visit the subject.

"Liberation HD is directly indicates that having a female protagonist is utterly ridiculous. I hope they never ever have a female protagonist in a major game ever again."
Please tell me how this is not sexist?

Then they should risk it. Nothing will ever change if they don't risk anything.

StocktonBrawler
01-21-2014, 11:45 PM
Please tell me how this is not sexist?

Then they should risk it. Nothing will ever change if they don't risk anything.

"These reasons aside, it's not surprising that Ubisoft would be reluctant to employ a female protagonist. While there are ongoing debates as to why it happens, sales figures do tend to indicate that games with male heroes outsell similar, female-fronted titles. While the console-based Assassin's Creed games have been famously successful, they're also expensive to make. Taking any sort of unnecessary risk probably strikes as untenable to the money men behind it."
Read more at http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/122483-Assassins-Creed-IV-Director-Didnt-Consider-Female-Protagonists#ovktrjvRRkJgcWBB.99

So, yeah.

SixKeys
01-21-2014, 11:56 PM
You know what else is risky? Having the game's main characters tell the audience that the world's biggest religions are just myths and fairytales. Yet AC1 and AC2 did it. It's also risky to have a non-white guy in the lead. AC1 and AC3 did it, plus Freedom Cry. Why the hell should Ubisoft care that having a female protagonist is risky when it's already taken so many other risks with the franchise?

StocktonBrawler
01-22-2014, 12:03 AM
You know what else is risky? Having the game's main characters tell the audience that the world's biggest religions are just myths and fairytales. Yet AC1 and AC2 did it. It's also risky to have a non-white guy in the lead. AC1 and AC3 did it, plus Freedom Cry. Why the hell should Ubisoft care that having a female protagonist is risky when it's already taken so many other risks with the franchise?

1. No one likes the Assassins vs Templar sub plot, maybe some people on here like it but by and large it's hated...not to mention its fictional, they say that in the opening credits of every single game.
2. Games starring male protagonists do much, much, much better than games starring female protagonists. Given that ACL HD did so poorly. I highly doubt that they'll ever have another Aveline much like they won't have another Connor, that is to say (a) fans don't like them (b) fans won't buy games starring them.

Kaschra
01-22-2014, 12:06 AM
"These reasons aside, it's not surprising that Ubisoft would be reluctant to employ a female protagonist. While there are ongoing debates as to why it happens, sales figures do tend to indicate that games with male heroes outsell similar, female-fronted titles. While the console-based Assassin's Creed games have been famously successful, they're also expensive to make. Taking any sort of unnecessary risk probably strikes as untenable to the money men behind it."
Read more at http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/122483-Assassins-Creed-IV-Director-Didnt-Consider-Female-Protagonists#ovktrjvRRkJgcWBB.99

So, yeah.

So yeah WHAT?
Without taking risks, there will be no progression.
And as Sixkeys said, the AC franchise already did something pretty risky, and that seems to be okay with you, but NO NO NO to having a female protaginst, because having a female protagonist apparently is "ridiculous".

And you still didn't explain why you are not a sexist.

1. No one likes the Assassins vs Templar sub plot, maybe some people on here like it but by and large it's hated...not to mention its fictional, they say that in the opening credits of every single game.

What the f-??
Sub plot? Are you serious?

Assassin_M
01-22-2014, 12:19 AM
Popcorn anyone?

SixKeys
01-22-2014, 12:23 AM
2. Games starring male protagonists do much, much, much better than games starring female protagonists. Given that ACL HD did so poorly. I highly doubt that they'll ever have another Aveline much like they won't have another Connor, that is to say (a) fans don't like them (b) fans won't buy games starring them.

1. Sub-plot? What? Saying the assassins vs. Templars plot is a sub-plot is like saying the rebels vs. the Empire in Star Wars is a sub-plot. The assassins vs. Templars plot isn't even the controversial aspect. You fight the frickin' Pope in AC2. The game straight-up tells you the Pope - God's infallible messenger on Earth, according to Catholics - was a corrupt a-hole and needs to die. Making that kind of statement in any form of entertainment takes balls, whether or not the framework narrative around that statement is fictional.

2. Games with male protags do better because of marketing. It's been proven that games with female protagonists get significantly smaller marketing campaigns because the companies have no faith in the product. It's a vicious cycle. Companies don't want to invest in games with female protags because games featuring them do badly, and games featuring female protags do badly because companies don't invest in them.

Liberation HD has been out for a week. How can you possibly tell how well it's currently selling? :confused: It did badly on the Vita, because nobody bought a Vita.

StocktonBrawler
01-22-2014, 12:25 AM
So yeah WHAT?
Without taking risks, there will be no progression.
And as Sixkeys said, the AC franchise already did something pretty risky, and that seems to be okay with you, but NO NO NO to having a female protaginst, because having a female protagonist apparently is "ridiculous".

And you still didn't explain why you are not a sexist.

What the f-??
Sub plot? Are you serious?

Go on other forums bud, or read other reviews it's a historical action game.

It's a risky financial move having a female protagonist, they sell at a much lower rate (this is fact). And in case you've forgotten, it's all about making money. Given AC's struggle over the past couple of years, I highly doubt they're going to risk their financial standing going into the future. Ergo it would be ridiculous to have a female protagonist, it would be a financial failure of epic proportions that would put Assassin' Creed in dire straits. Let's not forget that many predicted ACIV to be the last of the series given ACIII's subpar performance.

Let me guess, you're going to call me a sexist? Post some relevant information regarding this subject and attempt to assert that females protagonists do just as well as their male counterparts. Notice I said attempt, because you won't find any statistical evidence supporting your opinion.

StocktonBrawler
01-22-2014, 12:29 AM
They're ditching the Assassins vs Templar plot for a potential BF2, that in itself speaks volumes. Go read up on some of the reviews, people did not like the A v. T plot in AC4 - it's campaign, particularly it's finale we're heavily criticized (well, at least the missions involving the Templars/Assassins)

Didn't you mention Lara Croft before...yeah.

LiberationHD received a 5.5 from IGN. Sure seems like a great game.

Stop being so emotional and attempt to post relevant information.

Assassin_M
01-22-2014, 12:30 AM
Given AC's financial struggle over the past couple of years
Lol

Assassin_M
01-22-2014, 12:31 AM
They're ditching the Assassins vs Templar plot for a potential BF2
They already did Battlefield 2

StocktonBrawler
01-22-2014, 12:35 AM
Whatever, I tap out, a Female protagonist would be a fantastic idea. And I'm sure they'll do it in the future,

Assassin_M
01-22-2014, 12:38 AM
And so record, thy history...Assassin_M has claimed victory with just 2 short posts, while others struggled and struggled with their detailed and long posts, The Queen swiftly swooped in and claimed victory

Long live the queen

and now....the victory dance *look at signature*

Kaschra
01-22-2014, 12:39 AM
And so record, thy history...Assassin_M has claimed victory with just 2 short posts, while others struggled and struggled with their detailed and long posts, The Queen swiftly swooped in and claimed victory

Long live the queen

What a sexy victory dance, Mo xD
All glory to our queen!

DisbandedBox359
01-22-2014, 12:43 AM
Wouldn't mind it but a standalone game not part of the AC series

SixKeys
01-22-2014, 03:08 AM

The victory dance is gone. D:

dbzk1999
01-22-2014, 03:34 AM
1. Sub-plot? What? Saying the assassins vs. Templars plot is a sub-plot is like saying the rebels vs. the Empire in Star Wars is a sub-plot. The assassins vs. Templars plot isn't even the controversial aspect. You fight the frickin' Pope in AC2. The game straight-up tells you the Pope - God's infallible messenger on Earth, according to Catholics - was a corrupt a-hole and needs to die. Making that kind of statement in any form of entertainment takes balls, whether or not the framework narrative around that statement is fictional.

2. Games with male protags do better because of marketing. It's been proven that games with female protagonists get significantly smaller marketing campaigns because the companies have no faith in the product. It's a vicious cycle. Companies don't want to invest in games with female protags because games featuring them do badly, and games featuring female protags do badly because companies don't invest in them.

Liberation HD has been out for a week. How can you possibly tell how well it's currently selling? :confused: It did badly on the Vita, because nobody bought a Vita.
Jus to let u know the pope at that time was corrupted

SixKeys
01-22-2014, 04:14 AM
Jus to let u know the pope at that time was corrupted

Every Pope throughout history has been corrupt, including the current one. Still, according to Catholic doctrine the Pope is supposed to be infallible, so fighting him in the game is basically a direct attack against Catholicism.

Landruner
01-22-2014, 06:57 AM
StocktonBrawler I follow up with what you posted after my latest post, I believe that you are perhaps not a sexist, but you wrote a not very wise comment on another post.

"Liberation HD is directly indicates that having a female protagonist is utterly ridiculous. I hope they never ever have a female protagonist in a major game ever again."

and that it is not cool at all.
You previously wrote it, and after according to your previous posts above and you make some 360 degree turn mentioning that "Female character in game are great" i believe that is the worst pain you can make to your credibility. http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/rolleyes.png
Just assume what you previously wrote or apologize or http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/tongue.pngharakiri yourself for your shame (LOL) http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/tongue.png, but don't deny it. However; I do not think that anyone is going to spend the rest of the thread arguing with you.

I just would like to add that Aveline is a cool and an interesting character, I thank Ubisoft to have given a larger audience to that character with the HD version, however; I just regret that she could have a better introduction and deserved a larger game. (She could have been a great pirate character too) - BTW, the fact that Liberation did not meet the expectation was mostly because of the Vita, not because of Aveline.

I saw one of your post with a link to the escapist, which makes me laugh since it is a pure BS tabloid (the TMZ of the video game industry), which is usually sponsored by spamming companies (dare use one of the link sponsor of their site and see when it goes) and the reviewers are not even professional reviewers but just bloggers - Meaning that anyone can write a blogs and have their blogs published for free. (At least when I happen to write BS somewhere about a game I get paid for it)

As for Black flag series or Ac series - I honestly hope that Ubisoft is considering introducing some Female character as protagonist(s) (or leaving the option to the player to pick a gender) - Considering that any gender does not really affect a game as long as the game play is good and the game is cool, I don't see why a game will be **** if a girl is on it.

What you wrote about promoting video game with female character is not really correct, since some famous female character such as Lara Croft had been introduced decades ago, and it never affected the success of the games that the main character of TR be a girl.One another example of successful female will be with the recent Bayonetta, and i am not sure that the devs had any problem for promoting their game at all. Anyway "Bayonetto" for a guy will have sounded to macho, Bayonetta was a better sounding, (Lol).

In general, Girls in video games are great and we need more games with games with ladies and girls as main characters. (or the choice to pick the gender you want to play)

So, yes I would like to see a female pirate for a Black Flag game because female pirate could be cool and an interesting concept, and I would like to see an assassin girl for a Creed game (besides Aveline). And if the game is good the gender won't affect the game at all.

For black flag 2, like i wrote before to you, I hope that they take to story apart from the the Creed vs Templars, but that the story goes to something else than just using Pirate Creed protagonists. Another foes than Templars for antagonist or better another concept and story. I however just hope like i previously hope that if they do this, that the pirate enjoy "Parcourt" with the same agility than the Assassins and that they have the same dexterity with blades. But honestly; I hope that they put the pirates apart from the Assassin vs Templars conflict.

Like mentioned earlier, I just hope that it will be a Black Flag 2 and I strongly believe that it will be one anyhow.(with girls or not)

Landruner
01-22-2014, 01:16 PM
Every Pope throughout history has been corrupt, including the current one. Still, according to Catholic doctrine the Pope is supposed to be infallible, so fighting him in the game is basically a direct attack against Catholicism.

Oh I would not go up to this, but i see what you mean there - I think that One a the. Biggest issues with Assassin Creed series is when people start believing that the games are more than fiction and it is history or serious material.Polemic being that some stuff are added or turned around by Ubisoft and some people think that is was indeed part of history.

The same thing goes with the Templars or the bad guys in the games, I mentioned once that one of my ancestor is a bad guy in one of the games, should I be mad at Ubisoft for using this ancestor and put his image as a bad person? No, because I consider the games are just games and it is a fiction, and did not take as a direct attack to my heir and family heritage, and i think it goes with the rest of the people that could have an ancestor directly or indirectly involved in one of the game.
However; i think they should only use fictional character for the Templars or bad guys in order to prevent some days that some people claim something over the series.

For the religion, since the first game they put a disclaim regarding religion at the beginning of the games.

ze_topazio
01-22-2014, 01:24 PM
Rodrigo Borgia is one of the most immoral man in history, the church recognizes this and avoids speaking of him as much as possible, an Italian friend once told me that Rodrigo is still hated in Italy in this day and age, I don't think anyone minds we got the opportunity to kick his holy ***.

dbzk1999
01-22-2014, 06:27 PM
Before u say it's attacking Catholicism look up who rodrigo Borgia was and see just how corrupted he was