PDA

View Full Version : Female protagonist?

Pages : [1] 2

Black_Trace
01-20-2014, 06:12 AM
So would anyone else like to see a female protagonist in future games?

Aveline was ok but I feel like Liberations does not really compare to the Assassins Creed games made for consoles. It is not bad, just not as good. In short, I feel like they can make a better game with a women protagonist. Honestly, I just feel like after having so many male characters I would like them to change it up.

Assassin_M
01-20-2014, 07:49 AM
I want Aveline for a proper AAA title...

Honestly, that Aveline DLC for AC IV would feel SO useless and pointless if they don't continue her story somehow...

HiddenKiller612
01-20-2014, 07:57 AM
I wouldn't mind a Liberation 2... so long as it was a full game.... not just a portable game/port... I also wouldn't mind a different female assassin... So long as she gets the same treatment as all the others...

itsamea-mario
01-20-2014, 08:53 AM
Yeah whatever

Exodusith
01-20-2014, 09:13 AM
Simply put, yes.

Though I would pass on Aveline again, I'd like to see an Asian female in China or Japan. The persona system added in Liberation is really good, and in my opinion only a female character can fully utilise it's potential. Seduction and charm missions could add a lot of variety to the overall structure as well.

SZLISZE
01-20-2014, 09:38 AM
PC garbage. Actually Kidd may have been the most important character of IV without being played. Sort of the Mata Hari/George Sand cross. As it is Animus is all about the female genes. So it's always a female protagonist, if you can call Assassins protagonists. This is based in a Jungian theory not always cuddly with feminazi ideals. Maybe Paglia would tolerate it, but not many of Fem-PC world.

pacmanate
01-20-2014, 10:48 AM
I really enjoyed Aveline in AC4. She seems like a good character to me, so seeing a console release of her and not a port would be awesome.

SZLISZE
01-20-2014, 12:01 PM
Could have done better with her in Liberation. Changing was the only good thing, aside from the way the dart worked.

Alcaeus616
01-20-2014, 12:48 PM
I don't know.. Maybe I'm just sexist, but during the Aveline gameplay in AC4 I just kept looking at her wobbling *** thinking "how the hell am I running around here?"..

Fatal-Feit
01-20-2014, 02:22 PM
Shao Jun for AC:V China, please. :p

yankeegamergirl
01-20-2014, 03:10 PM
Yes I would like one in a game for the main consoles eventually. :)

funnyman44
01-20-2014, 03:15 PM
I can see so much going wrong with this.
LET'S DO IT!!!

FreeKnowledge
01-20-2014, 03:32 PM
Only if its about ezios daughter.

StocktonBrawler
01-20-2014, 03:58 PM
No, no, no, no.

Liberation HD is directly indicates that having a female protagonist is utterly ridiculous. I hope they never ever have a female protagonist in a major game ever again.

Consus_E
01-20-2014, 10:15 PM
I'd like a game staring Shao Jun. Perhaps a female Modern Protagonist too?

Toa TAK
01-20-2014, 10:19 PM
No, no, no, no.

Liberation HD is directly indicates that having a female protagonist is utterly ridiculous. I hope they never ever have a female protagonist in a major game ever again.

Joke post? I can't tell.

But yeah, I'm all for it. Assassin's Creed has got to have some of the most diverse protagonists in a series for games. Their first female character was a half-french, black woman, pretty awesome I'd say. Plus, I liked her character, as much as I would've liked to see more expanded with her characterization.

SixKeys
01-20-2014, 10:37 PM
Yes, definitely.

Shahkulu101
01-20-2014, 10:51 PM
I wouldn't be any more sceptical if they announced it, nor would I be anymore excited. Whatever sex they are, just make sure you do us proud with a great protagonist. Edward was so well done, so were Adewale and (here's where you roll your eyes) Connor to an extent. I have faith in the writing, when it comes to character stories they are generally excellent and that's one of my greatest loves of the series.

bitebug2003
01-20-2014, 10:53 PM
Yes please :)

JunYah7
01-20-2014, 11:33 PM
You can play aveline in Black Flag? All the more reason for me to get it.

But yeah, I was thinking, they really need to have more female protagonist in a AAA AC game. But there should definitely be a Liberation 2 or something. Ezio can't have all the fun right?

SixKeys
01-20-2014, 11:49 PM
You can play aveline in Black Flag? All the more reason for me to get it.

Only in a short DLC (about 30 mins. long maybe) and I don't think it's available for XBox (not sure what your platform is). The DLC is honestly not worth it. I was looking forward to it because I never played Liberation, but what little story the DLC has is really confusing and badly written. It's a pity.

JunYah7
01-21-2014, 12:28 AM
Only in a short DLC (about 30 mins. long maybe) and I don't think it's available for XBox (not sure what your platform is). The DLC is honestly not worth it. I was looking forward to it because I never played Liberation, but what little story the DLC has is really confusing and badly written. It's a pity.

So you feel they kinda shoehorned her into the game without giving it much thought?

Assassin_M
01-21-2014, 12:41 AM
So you feel they kinda shoehorned her into the game without giving it much thought?
I'd honestly feel that way if we don't get to see her again in later installments...i'm holding on to the hope that this was a set up for something bigger..

ze_topazio
01-21-2014, 01:09 AM
Aveline is 37 by the time of AC4 missions, she's getting a bit old.

silvermercy
01-21-2014, 01:12 AM
Wot? You need to re-define old. lol Ezio: AC: Brotherhood and AC: Revelations. 40s and 50s Ezio is fine?

Assassin_M
01-21-2014, 01:14 AM
Ezio was in his 40s and 50s in Brotherhood and Revelations respectively...

ze_topazio
01-21-2014, 01:24 AM
The difference is that Ezio being a man, can reproduce pretty much until he dies, Aveline being a woman, has certain limitations that comes with age, being a mother on her mid forties or even fifties in the XVIII century would be extremely dangerous and not very believable.

silvermercy
01-21-2014, 01:26 AM
The difference is that Ezio being a man, can reproduce pretty much until he dies, Aveline being a woman, has certain limitations that comes with age, being a mother on her mid forties or even fifties in the XVIII century would be extremely dangerous and not very believable.
Is this a serious post or a troll post? O_o

JunYah7
01-21-2014, 01:34 AM

Seriously, if she keeps her body in shape she could do things that she did when she was younger.Possible even better, becasue wisdom comes with age. With most people at least...

SixKeys
01-21-2014, 01:35 AM
Is this a serious post or a troll post? O_o

I can't tell half the time on these forums anymore.

Let's reiterate: a man in his 50s being able to parkour across rooftops like a 17-year-old = believable.

A 37-year-old woman having babies = not believable.

ze_topazio
01-21-2014, 01:40 AM
What part of a woman being pregnant at such age in those days was dangerous sounded like a troll?

JunYah7
01-21-2014, 01:41 AM
I can't tell half the time on these forums anymore.

Let's reiterate: a man in his 50s being able to parkour across rooftops like a 17-year-old = believable.

A 37-year-old woman having babies = not believable.

People who have a flawed opinion, will come up with the most illogical crap sometimes.

silvermercy
01-21-2014, 01:43 AM
What part of a woman being pregnant at such age in those days was dangerous sounded like a troll?
But pensioners doing leaps of faith and jumping over rooftops are historically accurate and believable??

pacmanate
01-21-2014, 01:48 AM
But pensioners doing leaps of faith and jumping over rooftops are historically accurate and believable??

That doesn't make sense in relation to what he said.

ze_topazio
01-21-2014, 01:49 AM

My memory may be failing me but i don't recall ever saying such thing, i do seem to recall once saying that it would be extremely unbelievable if by coincidence all important Assassins in history only reproduced very late in their lives.

I'm totally fine with an Aveline sequel, but not one covering 10 or 20 years of her life.

Assassin_M
01-21-2014, 01:51 AM
Come on, guys..I don't think Ze meant what he said in a bad or demeaning way towards females...

silvermercy
01-21-2014, 01:53 AM
That doesn't make sense in relation to what he said.
of course it does.

silvermercy
01-21-2014, 01:56 AM
My memory may be failing me but i don't recall ever saying such thing, i do seem to recall once saying that it would be extremely unbelievable if by coincidence all important Assassins in history only reproduced very late in their lives.

I'm totally fine with an Aveline sequel, but not one covering 10 or 20 years of her life.

The way you said it, it's as if you implied that only male assassins are believable characters in older ages. The pregnancy comment was SO random as an excuse I am still scratching my head.

Anyway, I disagree.

ze_topazio
01-21-2014, 02:02 AM
Come on, guys..I don't think Ze meant what he said in a bad or demeaning way towards females...

I'm being so misunderstood, I feel like throwing myself out of the window, but i won't, because I live on the first floor, I wouldn't die and it would hurt a lot.

JunYah7
01-21-2014, 03:15 AM
I'm being so misunderstood, I feel like throwing myself out of the window, but i won't, because I live on the first floor, I wouldn't die and it would hurt a lot.

I don't think you're being a troll, I just think what you are saying is confusing. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I don't think Aveline ever had children....

Assassin_M
01-21-2014, 03:18 AM
I don't think you're being a troll, I just think what you are saying is confusing. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I don't think Aveline ever had children....
She did, they had to get her memories from someone..that someone HAS to be a descendant of Aveline ;)

Assassin_M
01-21-2014, 03:19 AM
No, we need you D:

JunYah7
01-21-2014, 03:26 AM
She did, they had to get her memories from someone..that someone HAS to be a descendant of Aveline ;)

True, True... But does it say how old she was when she gave birth?

Assassin_M
01-21-2014, 03:27 AM
True, True... But does it say how old she was when she gave birth?
Nah, but from what we know so far, she had kids after 37 xP

JunYah7
01-21-2014, 04:04 AM
Nah, but from what we know so far, she had kids after 37 xP

Oh okay...

HiddenKiller612
01-21-2014, 04:37 AM
For all we know she could have had kids at 38 or 39... What if she died during child birth and she had a daughter that became an assassin?

JunYah7
01-21-2014, 05:06 AM
For all we know she could have had kids at 38 or 39... What if she died during child birth and she had a daughter that became an assassin?

There we go! Aveline Jr!!!

Landruner
01-21-2014, 05:36 AM
So would anyone else like to see a female protagonist in future games?

Aveline was ok but I feel like Liberations does not really compare to the Assassins Creed games made for consoles. It is not bad, just not as good. In short, I feel like they can make a better game with a women protagonist. Honestly, I just feel like after having so many male characters I would like them to change it up.

Honestly, a female protagonist or at least the option to choose between the two genders should have been already introduced in that series some games ago (aka Tenchu series // if Japanese devs do it, so, why not the French?) - it would have prevented Ubisoft and that series and its players to get the reputation of being misogynist or phallocrat and it could have given to the players at least some diversity and alternative for their games and play.

Like our friend "M" mentioned so wisely, Aveline is a great character and she should deserve some better installment than just being appearing for some AC4' Sony exclusivity for PS3/4 and getting some HD facelift for an arcade game resurrected from a previous Vita Version.

Female characters are great in video games and they deserve the same attention than their masculine counterparts -

Female protagonist should be highly be considered for the next installment.

Freedom3031
01-22-2014, 02:26 AM
I wouldn't mind a Liberation 2... so long as it was a full game.... not just a portable game/port... I also wouldn't mind a different female assassin... So long as she gets the same treatment as all the others...

That's what I'm talkin about! More aveline ,with Connor reaching the master assassins ranks and some patience Gibbs too!!! I'm there , c'mon Ubisoft lets do it !

TexasToast712
01-22-2014, 04:12 AM
Do not want.

I connect better with male characters because I am male. Call me selfish but thats how I feel. Nothing wrong with one or 2 spin offs as a female lead though like we already have.

SixKeys
01-22-2014, 04:17 AM
Do not want.

I connect better with male characters because I am male. Call me selfish but thats how I feel. Nothing wrong with one or 2 spin offs as a female lead though like we already have.

So what about the females who connect better with a female character? Shouldn't their wishes be taken into concern as well?

HiddenKiller612
01-22-2014, 04:18 AM
I connect more with her struggle, not her gender.

TexasToast712
01-22-2014, 04:20 AM
So what about the females who connect better with a female character? Shouldn't their wishes be taken into concern as well?
Play the spin offs. I dont want to fight. Im just stating my opinion. Dont get me wrong. Im not sexist, A good female lead can be done that even I connect to.

Shahkulu101
01-22-2014, 04:33 AM
You can't connect with another human because of gender? Weird.

SixKeys
01-22-2014, 04:40 AM
Play the spin offs. I dont want to fight. Im just stating my opinion. Dont get me wrong. Im not sexist, A good female lead can be done that even I connect to.

You're not sexist, you just don't want females to have the same chances at enjoying games as you do. Got it. :rolleyes:

Consus_E
01-22-2014, 04:44 AM
Play the spin offs. I don't want to fight. I'm just stating my opinion. Don't get me wrong. I'm not sexist, A good female lead can be done that even I connect to.

How about we just have 3 main games staring only female protagonists, while you play a half ***ed downloadable spin off with a male main character. I mean sure the graphics will be sub par, the animations will be copy pasted from the most recent main game, the story will be poorly written with barely any interesting characters (aside from the protagonist himself) but at least you don't have to play a female character...

Anyway you disgust me...

Syler99
01-22-2014, 05:25 AM
Yes I would I'm currently playing Liberations and I think they should have more fem heros to gain more unique stories and help stave off the series stagnation. I don't want Ava to be the sole fem lead here ubi just gifting us a girl lead and then going, " Our mission is done now back to the more important stories!" patting themselves on the back for killing two birds with one stone. Your fem base aren't token players we play your games just as much as your male players.

I liked Kidd but I liked the blonde Irish/Scottish girl more either persona would work for a future heroine in which we're trying to get her to be active in a male environment without the changing outfits like Ave is doing. Right now with the whole outfits while its a good idea they keep forcing me to change what if I want to be my assassin and just try a new approch rather then be the slave? I can't change when I want to (maybe I'm still in the tutorial zone but its been some time now) and I'm not liking the fact that if I so much as sneeze at the wrong moment or leap onto a crate I get notoriety points against me. I needed to kill people in the streets or start a brawl in the other games to be noticed and get penalties applied but I can't kick over a rock in Libeations? This could just be an issue because its a port over.

I would love for them to make a fem solider for the civil war whose masquerading as a man to fight and then along the way gets picked up by the assassins or templars possibly through a relative or friend whom she signed up with who introduces her to either side. In this case she'd have to be like Kidd always in her male wear careful of who she revealed her true identity in dialogue until she starts working for either order then we either get their outfit or can have an unlocked alternative. I also should be allowed like past games to jump and climb so long as I'm not in a restriced zone it shouldn't be possible for me to hang around my own camp and the male soldiers give notoriety points because I'm leaping onto crates, tents, or climbing trees near them in my offical uniform for at least the fun factor stopping this action makes me feel constrained.

As far as peronas to match story locations and eras

We could take the story over to Scottland, Wales, or South America and try for a really unique approach to the game world here she would be more like the blonde Irish pirate we met in black flag a mix of male and female clothing styles and having a no care fun loving attitude.

Or we could get a persona like Triss from Last of Us would work great if we went to the Wild West, or Pioneer.

I think the story of the Trung Sisters would be a great inspirational period for ubi to pull from like they used the Auditore family for Ezio a real family during the Renaissance period however I'm worried ubi will go sexy ninja route we're already playing urban ninjas so I don't want the cliche to go anymore in that direction they'd have to be very careful to have an Asian theme or Asian heroine lead and do alot to distance her personality and dress from ninja and sexy ninja tropes.

Personality is also very important so far Ave isn't a brick like Conner but she's too safe in her voice work I've heard better when she's the slave or hunter no humor, care, or fire even when she's suppose to be having it, it all falls flat it could be her VA whose to blame on this and when she's her lady persona she's just to fake sounding. Again could be her actress or the fact I'm spoiled by Beyond two souls, Femshep, and femlutece character voices (and yeah I know the last two are both Hale but she does them so differently and so well) really the character just needs to stop being careful in the voice acting. I get it someone is scared feminazis will attack but 95 - 99% of people from that mindset aren't playing games just harping on them. Your actual fem player base wants a hero that is human in action, emotions, positive and negative traits (yes she can have negative traits its ok ubi) and have a strong story and world.

Syler99
01-22-2014, 05:40 AM
Honestly, a female protagonist or at least the option to choose between the two genders should have been already introduced in that series some games ago (aka Tenchu series // if Japanese devs do it, so, why not the French?) - it would have prevented Ubisoft and that series and its players to get the reputation of being misogynist or phallocrat and it could have given to the players at least some diversity and alternative for their games and play.

Like our friend "M" mentioned so wisely, Aveline is a great character and she should deserve some better installment than just being appearing for some AC4' Sony exclusivity for PS3/4 and getting some HD facelift for an arcade game resurrected from a previous Vita Version.

Female characters are great in video games and they deserve the same attention than their masculine counterparts -

Female protagonist should be highly be considered for the next installment.

A choice would solve both issues males get their man and those who want a fem for a new storyline could get that as well. I know some have said that making them generic ruins the plot they don't want what Bioware does with Mass Effect or Dragon Age or how Fable series does it where your hero is interchangeable and therefore isn't a cannon choice (though even in that format you can see who was the cannon sex via dialogue and situations) or the plot cares little about whom you selected it just plays on and changes the pronouns. However Ubi could do two separate adventures on one or two disks that connect at key points then diverge again so if you pick male you're doing things differently and having different experiences from the fem lead the overall goal of stop badguy, get apple, and meet your future spouse is there for each it would be similar to how in the Witcher2 if you pick Roche you do one set of missions while if you pick the elf you have a whole new set of adventures just change Roche for Femhero and Elf for malehero. This also gives replay value and a point to picking your hero.

TexasToast712
01-22-2014, 01:05 PM
How about we just have 3 main games staring only female protagonists, while you play a half ***ed downloadable spin off with a male main character. I mean sure the graphics will be sub par, the animations will be copy pasted from the most recent main game, the story will be poorly written with barely any interesting characters (aside from the protagonist himself) but at least you don't have to play a female character.

Yea, like THAT will ever happen. Sad fact is, games are geared more towards male audiences especially with the over-sexualization of women in general in the media. Does that make it ok? No, but im certainly not gonna make an effort to change it because it doesnt really bother me all that much. It is what it is.

Landruner
01-22-2014, 02:13 PM
A choice would solve both issues males get their man and those who want a fem for a new storyline could get that as well. I know some have said that making them generic ruins the plot they don't want what Bioware does with Mass Effect or Dragon Age or how Fable series does it where your hero is interchangeable and therefore isn't a cannon choice (though even in that format you can see who was the cannon sex via dialogue and situations) or the plot cares little about whom you selected it just plays on and changes the pronouns. However Ubi could do two separate adventures on one or two disks that connect at key points then diverge again so if you pick male you're doing things differently and having different experiences from the fem lead the overall goal of stop badguy, get apple, and meet your future spouse is there for each it would be similar to how in the Witcher2 if you pick Roche you do one set of missions while if you pick the elf you have a whole new set of adventures just change Roche for Femhero and Elf for malehero. This also gives replay value and a point to picking your hero.

Yep I absolutely agree as a follow up to what i wrote and some king of split in the scenario as The Witcher 2 could be seen as a potential idea - or just the choice from the beginning if the story allows this. I like your idea of two disks concept adventure as well.
Ubisoft should have done that long ago at least for AC3 - Rumor was back in time that Connor was supposed to have a sister, which turned into Aveline then.
The all Haytham Kenway with his romance with a native and mother of Connor was in fact inspried by the real Charles Lee that had two children (Boy and Girl) with a native. I think that they were thinking at first making 2 heroes (Boy and Girl) but for some business outcome, Connor' sister turned into Aveline (not so related to him) and went to Sony/Vita as an exclusivity. Imagine what concretely and potentially AC3 could have been with both (Boy and girl) as the new Assassin(s) of the game - Imagine the scenario it could have build, the exchange between the two during mission and the replay value that the game could have been (Co-op missions and else). I am pretty sure than Connor would have been getting in more ultimate for a lot of people consideration having his sister next to him.

Like i mentioned in another thread Female characters are great and if the game is good, they do not break the immersion or credibility of the game. Girls can be as bad *** as any guys character in game and if not more charisma than some.

Eidos and Core design did not have issues or second guessing in introducing Lara Croft almost 2 decades ago for their Tomb Raider's game and no one was crying that they wanted a male character for their game. Lara Croft tuned into a World wide know star for exotic adventure with the same fame than Indiana Jones or James Bond.

So yeh - Vive the girls in video game!

silvermercy
01-22-2014, 02:26 PM
Yea, like THAT will ever happen. Sad fact is, games are geared more towards male audiences especially with the over-sexualization of women in general in the media. Does that make it ok? No, but im certainly not gonna make an effort to change it because it doesnt really bother me all that much. It is what it is.
I...
That's...

On rare occasions I will see comments like this and I just go speechless from the shock... Especially bolded part. It makes me hate living on this planet and being a female.

Maybe whites shouldn't have stood up for the rights of black people at all. Maybe we should have left it as it was in the past, am I right TexasToast? Why make any effort to change it really, right? Things like that should always stay as they are, yes?? Oui?

ze_topazio
01-22-2014, 02:29 PM
Stories are supposed to be enjoyed for what they are, all this talks of needing to relate to the character, needing of being of the same sex as the character, needing to be from the same nationality as the character, needing to agree with the characters morales, etc..., incomprehensible to me.

TexasToast712
01-22-2014, 02:42 PM
I...
That's...

On rare occasions I will see comments like this and I just go speechless from the shock... Especially bolded part. It makes me hate living on this planet and being a female.

Maybe whites shouldn't have stood up for the rights of black people at all. Maybe we should have left it as it was in the past, am I right TexasToast? Why make any effort to change it really, right? Things like that should always stay as they are, yes?? Oui?

Im not trying to promote the current state of things. Im simply saying there is no point in trying to change something that likely never will. I love women. I treat them with the respect they deserve. Same goes for anyone of any race. I just feel it is futile to get something like this changed so I let it be. I am of the mind that the human race is doomed and there is nothing we can do but sit back with a bag of popcorn and watch it happen.

silvermercy
01-22-2014, 03:21 PM
Im not trying to promote the current state of things. Im simply saying there is no point in trying to change something that likely never will. I love women. I treat them with the respect they deserve. Same goes for anyone of any race. I just feel it is futile to get something like this changed so I let it be. I am of the mind that the human race is doomed and there is nothing we can do but sit back with a bag of popcorn and watch it happen.

Right... I suppose, we, women should just be thankful we won the right to vote after the struggle of the Suffragetes. :| Pure coincidence, I'm sure, that should never have happened. Just what were they thinking back then!? Fighting for our rights!?!? Crazy I know... all those women trying to change the status quo...

Landruner
01-22-2014, 03:24 PM

Wrong!!!!!!! Dude, what you write is sadly a sheep coward couch potato attitude! :p

So, if I start using your own concept and putting in the context with Assassin Creed series (just for staying in the topic o this forum)

I follow your logic, any assassin (Male or Female) of this series should take a crape and let the Templars do whatever they can since Juno wins because fighting for a change won't change a thing, just take a seat and look what happens?

So, why are you playing games like AC with male heroes if in real life you can even challenge their motivations and charisma?:rolleyes:LOL!!!!

Freedom3031
01-22-2014, 03:25 PM
Yep I absolutely agree as a follow up to what i wrote and some king of split in the scenario as The Witcher 2 could be seen as a potential idea - or just the choice from the beginning if the story allows this. I like your idea of two disks concept adventure as well.
Ubisoft should have done that long ago at least for AC3 - Rumor was back in time that Connor was supposed to have a sister, which turned into Aveline then.
The all Haytham Kenway with his romance with a native and mother of Connor was in fact inspried by the real Charles Lee that had two children (Boy and Girl) with a native. I think that they were thinking at first making 2 heroes (Boy and Girl) but for some business outcome, Connor' sister turned into Aveline (not so related to him) and went to Sony/Vita as an exclusivity. Imagine what concretely and potentially AC3 could have been with both (Boy and girl) as the new Assassin(s) of the game - Imagine the scenario it could have build, the exchange between the two during mission and the replay value that the game could have been (Co-op missions and else). I am pretty sure than Connor would have been getting in more ultimate for a lot of people consideration having his sister next to him.

Like i mentioned in another thread Female characters are great and if the game is good, they do not break the immersion or credibility of the game. Girls can be as bad *** as any guys character in game and if not more charisma than some.

Eidos and Core design did not have issues or second guessing in introducing Lara Croft almost 2 decades ago for their Tomb Raider's game and no one was crying that they wanted a male character for their game. Lara Croft tuned into a World wide know star for exotic adventure with the same fame than Indiana Jones or James Bond.

So yeh - Vive the girls in video game!

totally agree....... It would have made AClll even better playing as both aveline and Connor. The co-op idea is awesome , or even if you had AI assassin similar to brotherhood or revelations in some missions or maybe a choice between Aveline or Connor. Maybe in future installments we could have a choice. How about Aveline and Connor have a boy and girl twin assassins?????

Landruner
01-22-2014, 03:53 PM
Right... I suppose, we, women should just be thankful we won the right to vote after the struggle of the Suffragetes. :| Pure coincidence, I'm sure, that should never have happened. Just what were they thinking back then!? Fighting for our rights!?!? Crazy I know... all those women trying to change the status quo...

Hi Silver! Long time no talk together on this forum - Well, as a male, I know for a fact that in real life I would not challenge you for a penny! - He does not know that for sure. You made a point he does not, you win.

Vive les filles dans les Jeux Video...

Toa TAK
01-22-2014, 05:24 PM
People can't connect to others because of gender? Of all things...

That's like saying I can't connect with someone else because of their race. It's just dumb.

Consus_E
01-22-2014, 06:08 PM
Yea, like THAT will ever happen. Sad fact is, games are geared more towards male audiences especially with the over-sexualization of women in general in the media. Does that make it ok? No, but i'm certainly not gonna make an effort to change it because it doesn't really bother me all that much. It is what it is.

So basically you went from
"I can't connect to a female character because she doesn't have a ****, women should just play ****y spin off content if they want a female character" to "It's pointless to change things because I indifferent so everyone else should just let it go and play games with male characters. Because nothing will ever change." Wow... You Sicken Me!

Anyway female Assassins are more bad***!

SixKeys
01-22-2014, 06:13 PM
So basically you went from
"I can't connect to a female character because she doesn't have a ****, women should just play ****y spin off content if they want a female character" to "It's pointless to change things because I indifferent so everyone else should just let it go and play games with male characters. Because nothing will ever change." Wow... You Sicken Me!

Yep, pretty much. "Let me show you how non-sexist I am by first telling girls that they should just play handheld spinoffs because I'm too insecure in my masculinity to allow more playable female characters in my entertainment. Oh crap, I got called out? Let me backtrack by reiterating I'm not just against women's causes, but all social progress in general because it doesn't affect me personally!"

itsamea-mario
01-22-2014, 06:16 PM

Sexist!

Landruner
01-22-2014, 06:52 PM
Sexist!

um! did not get that(?) - Why Silent14411 is sexist? because previously silent mentioned "Anyway female Assassins are more bad***!" (which was actually a response to another comment to another user that obviously was sexist or acting cowardly like one) - that makes user silent14411 a sexist?! I don't get it!

itsamea-mario
01-22-2014, 06:57 PM
um! did not get that(?) - Why Silent14411 is sexist? because previously silent mentioned "Anyway female Assassins are more bad***!" that makes silent a sexist?! don't get it!

Are you a damn dirty sexist too?

but in seriousness saying "Anyway female Assassins are more bad***!" is technically sexist. Saying someone is superior based on their race is pretty much the definition of sexism.

Landruner
01-22-2014, 07:09 PM
Are you a damn dirty sexist too?

but in seriousness saying "Anyway female Assassins are more bad***!" is technically sexist. Saying someone is superior based on their race is pretty much the definition of sexism.

Gotcha, but pulled out of the contest that pulls-up question i was wondering, and BTW, I do not want to be picky or a smart arse, but you mention Race instead of Gender for sexist -

Well, perhaps i will chock some, but I am a male and yes I have no problem of claiming than girl(s) in video game(s) are usually more "badoss" than guys...

They kick butts with more charisma than guys do! and having a female Assassin will be an excellent Creed material - So, to me the quote of user silent 144111 was not sexist at all - Furthermore it is a fact!

itsamea-mario
01-22-2014, 07:18 PM
Gotcha, but pulled out of the contest that pulls-up question i was wondering, and BTW, I do not want to be picky or a smart arse, but you mention Race instead of Gender for sexist -

Well, perhaps i will chock some, but I am a male and yes I have no problem of claiming than girl(s) in video game(s) are usually more "badoss" than guys...

They kick butts with more charisma than guys do! and having a female Assassin will be an excellent Creed material - So, to me the quote of user silent 144111 was not sexist at all - Furthermore it is a fact!

...what?

Landruner
01-22-2014, 07:22 PM
...what?

What?...What? my English was not good enough?!

dbzk1999
01-22-2014, 08:57 PM
Will we please stop with the same got dang arguments over this crap
Not to sound like a jerk but it's getting really annoying
U can't claim that something is a fact until it is literally proven and even then it would appear as just opinion to most
He may not want a female protagonist but that doesn't mean it's sexist we are still talking about just a game if it was politics then I'd understand
But do we really need to argue over a plain video game
I mean it's not like ubisoft are saying " girls are so weak guys are way better "
For me I could care less if this was real life then I'd call it sexist but as this is a game I just want to play it to have fun I could care less way race gender or sexuality the protagonist is

marcbryan
01-23-2014, 03:24 AM

Honestly, that Aveline DLC for AC IV would feel SO useless and pointless if they don't continue her story somehow...

I agree! I just got Liberation on 360 and it is very cool. The whole time playing I wished that they had made it into a fully realized game. The bayou and New Orleans are really interesting and I love the outfit switch and charm stealth mechanics(complete with parasol). Aveline's awesome.

Freedom3031
01-23-2014, 03:28 AM
I agree! I just got Liberation on 360 and it is very cool. The whole time playing I wished that they had made it into a fully realized game. The bayou and New Orleans are really interesting and I love the outfit switch and charm stealth mechanics(complete with parasol). Aveline's awesome.

agree with you both. Aveline and Liberation HD were better than Revelations in my opinion.

Landruner
01-23-2014, 06:04 AM
Will we please stop with the same got dang arguments over this crap
Not to sound like a jerk but it's getting really annoying
U can't claim that something is a fact until it is literally proven and even then it would appear as just opinion to most
He may not want a female protagonist but that doesn't mean it's sexist we are still talking about just a game if it was politics then I'd understand
But do we really need to argue over a plain video game
I mean it's not like ubisoft are saying " girls are so weak guys are way better "
For me I could care less if this was real life then I'd call it sexist but as this is a game I just want to play it to have fun I could care less way race gender or sexuality the protagonist is

Well you are not acting as jerk - but congratulation, you sure and wisely just make me and the people that posted (especially the girls) sound like big fat Jerks for nothing but for for own goods - Read the previous comments and the back story behind the latest post (which was obviously mine and come back later.
BTW the story took 2 recently threads and some old ones as well

Landruner
01-23-2014, 06:23 AM
Like I mentioned earlier (some post ago above this one) I believe that Ubisoft should be considering a female assassin protagonist for a future installment.

Here is bellow some idea how the a female character could be introduced.

1 - Only one character and it is a Female Assassin.

2 - Player has the option to choice between gender from the beginning of the game (Story and circumstance may change with the character, however the game offer to the player a replay value for the ones that want play both character,

3 - Female character and Male Character work together as a duet (This type can offer to the player replay value, co-ops missions...etc...) - Don't want to say stupid stuff, but i think that option was possibly envisaged for AC3 (I explain why in a previous post on that same thread)

4 - Like another User mentioned to me earlier (Same thread) A double story game that leaves the player to play 2 different simultaneity stories (One male, one female) - or one story but the development offers some switch between the characters (Player play on part as a guy, a second part as the girl and so on)

Let know what you think?

Consus_E
01-23-2014, 10:30 AM
Like I mentioned earlier (some post ago above this one) I believe that Ubisoft should be considering a female assassin protagonist for a future installment.

Here is bellow some idea how the a female character could be introduced.

1 - Only one character and it is a Female Assassin.

2 - Player has the option to choice between gender from the beginning of the game (Story and circumstance may change with the character, however the game offer to the player a replay value for the ones that want play both character,

3 - Female character and Male Character work together as a duet (This type can offer to the player replay value, co-ops missions...etc...) - Don't want to say stupid stuff, but i think that option was possibly envisaged for AC3 (I explain why in a previous post on that same thread)

4 - Like another User mentioned to me earlier (Same thread) A double story game that leaves the player to play 2 different simultaneity stories (One male, one female) - or one story but the development offers some switch between the characters (Player play on part as a guy, a second part as the girl and so on)

Let know what you think?

How about a Male modern character, and a female ancestor? Or the other way around...

dbzk1999
01-23-2014, 11:51 AM
Well you are not acting as jerk - but congratulation, you sure and wisely just make me and the people that posted (especially the girls) sound like big fat Jerks for nothing but for for own goods - Read the previous comments and the back story behind the latest post (which was obviously mine and come back later.
BTW the story took 2 recently threads and some old ones as well
Here's the thing I could give two turds who or what started it
I've read this entire thread and the rest &I'm sick of it always coming down to the same arguments can't we all just get along
I'm not saying U have to agree with me heck nobody has to
"Especially the girls" so wat u think that was directed at them well it wasn't it was directed to everybody
So r u gonna think I'm sexist now

silvermercy
01-23-2014, 12:01 PM
Here's the thing I don't care who or what started it
I've read this entire thread and I'm sick of it always coming down to the same arguments can't we all just get along
I'm not saying U have to agree with me
"Especially the girls" so wat u think that was directed at u well it wasn't it was directed to everybody
How can someone get along with another person who posts borderline sexist remarks? No matter how you spin those comments, there's no denying their nature! Should such comments go unchallenged just for the sake of "getting along"!? Imagine if we applied such an approach in real life: Nothing going unchallenged so we can "keep the peace"... Come on... Seriously now... Just because this is a game forum discussion doesn't mean it has a get-out clause.

DinoSteve1
01-23-2014, 12:04 PM
Meh I don't really care as long as its a protagonist we haven't seen before. But if they do they probably shouldn't have her much older than 30.

silvermercy
01-23-2014, 12:05 PM
Meh I don't really care as long as its a protagonist we haven't seen before. But if they do they probably shouldn't have her much older than 30.
I seriously hope for your sake you are just trolling now!

DinoSteve1
01-23-2014, 12:07 PM
now? this is the first time I posted in this thread and no I'm not.

silvermercy
01-23-2014, 12:08 PM
now? this is the first time I posted in this thread and no I'm not.
WOW. But Ezio in his 40s and 50s is totally fine!? That means you are SERIOUS about this? You do realize clearly this IS an extremely sexist remark!

WTF!!!

No seriously. What the ****!!!

Sabuto78
01-23-2014, 12:12 PM

SERIOUSL WTF NO, SERIOUSLY WTF!!

I agree btw. no older than 30

silvermercy
01-23-2014, 12:13 PM

I think I'm going to quit this sexist forum for good soon. I don't know if you are trolling or not but you disgust me!!!

*vomits*

DinoSteve1
01-23-2014, 12:18 PM
WOW. But Ezio in his 40s and 50s is totally fine!? That means you are SERIOUS about this? You do realize clearly this IS an extremely sexist remark!

WTF!!!

No seriously. What the ****!!!

How is it sexist? I'm only going by how the game says DNA and the Animus works, I never said a woman as old as Ezio couldn't do what Ezio does. I only meant it less likely for a woman over 30, before the later parts of 20th Century to have a successful pregnancy.

Consus_E
01-23-2014, 12:21 PM
Sexist!
You're sexist!!!

silvermercy
01-23-2014, 12:22 PM
How is it sexist? I'm only going by how the game says DNA and the Animus works, I never said a woman as old as Ezio couldn't do what Ezio does. I only meant it less likely for a woman over 30, before the later parts of 20th Century to have a successful pregnancy.
WTF!?!?!?!!?

NO WTF!!? WHAT The f*****************!!! I... I... just CAN'T anymore!! I can't... I give up. I give up on life. I give up on this planet! I. GIVE. UP!!!!!

I really want to put you on my ignore list but then I wouldn't be able to report all your disgusting vomit-inducing sexist posts!!! :mad:

adventurewomen
01-23-2014, 12:24 PM

30 isn't an old age, you both must be under 20 to see that 30 isn't old.

Sliver is right, it seems like your both perfectly fine with a male protagonist being in his 30s - 40s for Brotherhood and over 50 yrs old in Revelations. TF is wrong with your attitudes.

Ever heard of equality, drop your sexist views they aren't gonna cut it in this world any more that chauvinistic attitude died in the early 1960's.

DinoSteve1
01-23-2014, 12:25 PM
please tell me what is sexist about that post?

30 isn't an old age, you both must be under 20 to see that 30 isn't old.

I agree today and for most of the latter part of the 20th Century 30 is not old, but if the game is set before then reaching 30th was an achievement on its own.

silvermercy
01-23-2014, 12:27 PM
please tell me what is sexist about that post?
OMG!!!! You're seriously asking this!?!?!? You really can't tell!? That's even more worrying actually!

If you can't tell how sexist your post is then there is no hope for you!!!

DinoSteve1
01-23-2014, 12:30 PM
Well explain to me then how it is sexist.

Sabuto78
01-23-2014, 12:31 PM
bringing up equality rights in Game forum. lmao.

#dead
#loling irl

no older than 30 doe. Foreal

killzab
01-23-2014, 12:32 PM
Girls can you stop being hysterical ? OMG !

Steveeire is right, life expectancy was much shorter back then and women usually had children when they were teenagers, but almost never after 30 ...

It's a historical fact. Do your homework.

adventurewomen
01-23-2014, 12:34 PM
bringing up equality rights for a game lmao

#dead
#loling irl

no older than 30 doe. Foreal
Equality rights have their place for any medium, workplace, popular culture, films, games, media, everyday life.. etc..

Lara Croft for example was in her 40's for the first 4 games of TR.

For real is two words. btw.

dbzk1999
01-23-2014, 12:35 PM
How can someone get along with another person who posts borderline sexist remarks? No matter how you spin those comments, there's no denying their nature! Should such comments go unchallenged just for the sake of "getting along"!? Imagine if we applied such an approach in real life: Nothing going unchallenged so we can "keep the peace"... Come on... Seriously now... Just because this is a game forum discussion doesn't mean it has a get-out clause.

If they post borderline sexist comments but then ultimately try to retract it I don't think that means they're sexist
If u read my other post u would see I said if it was in real life like politics then I'd understand
But u know what forget it I guess I'm just more forgiving goodbye

silvermercy
01-23-2014, 12:35 PM
Well explain to me then how it is sexist.
When you offend someone and then others have to explain why a post is sexist, then it means it's sexist!!
How about double standards for starters?? You are ready to accept historically inaccurate portrayals of Ezio, a male, but not of a female.
Second, even though difficult due to lack of medicine etc, historically, women gave birth until menopause even back then! It doesn't mean it did not happen!!

But I shouldn't be explaining these things!! I mean holy ****!

Sabuto78
01-23-2014, 12:36 PM
Personally I blame Ubisoft with these dam Multicultural games. They creating Martin luther kings and MalcolmX's on the forum. oh god lmfao

I demand nothing but Male assasin characters and Female characters should only get cheap dlc spin-offs like aveline!

silvermercy
01-23-2014, 12:36 PM
Girls can you stop being hysterical ? OMG !

Steveeire is right, life expectancy was much shorter back then and women usually had children when they were teenagers, but almost never after 30 ...

It's a historical fact. Do your homework.
No, YOU do your homework! It was not impossible! And second, see my above post.

Consus_E
01-23-2014, 12:37 PM

There have been recorded cases of women getting pregnant at the age of 50 in the 19th century.

adventurewomen
01-23-2014, 12:37 PM
Personally I blame Ubisoft with these dam Multicultural games. They creating Martin luther kings and MalcolmX's on the forum. oh god lmfao
You disgust me..

killzab
01-23-2014, 12:38 PM
No, YOU do your homework! It was not impossible! And second, see my above post.

Never said it was impossible, but it was rare, LOL !

silvermercy
01-23-2014, 12:38 PM

I demand nothing but Male assasin characters and Female characters should only get cheap dlc spin-offs like aveline!

*vomits again*

silvermercy
01-23-2014, 12:39 PM
Never said it was impossible, but it was rare, LOL !
Actually, not that rare...
And I am not LOLing.

Oh God... that's why we female gamers need more women game developers... :(

dbzk1999
01-23-2014, 12:41 PM
Screw this
I'm not asking I'm BEGGING u girls & boys to plz stop with the unnecessary fighting and bickering

adventurewomen
01-23-2014, 12:42 PM
demand nothing but Male assasin characters and Female characters should only get cheap dlc spin-offs like aveline!
AC Liberation was a standalone game, Aveline was a great character.

HiddenKiller612
01-23-2014, 12:43 PM
Ladies, you're letting yourselves be trolled... Especially by Sabuto...

Also, women, and people in generally had very low life expectancy depending on which century the game takes us... It's practically a miracle Altair and Ezio reached the ages that they did... As for women becoming pregnant after 30... Not really an issue in our current century, but in the past... it was quite unlikely to birth a child the older you got... especially with no modern medicine to help with the birth... You had a high chance of dying during child birth.

Sabuto78
You disgust me.. You humor me, Makes trolling a lot more fun you and the steve person. Done with this topic tho, Got my giiggles and lulz.

Gosh darn you hidden killer i was having fun ... oh wells..

On a serious note i rather play as a Male character but i wouldnt care for a female character. just lolz tho

DinoSteve1
When you offend someone and then others have to explain why a post is sexist, then it means it's sexist!!
How about double standards for starters?? You are ready to accept historically inaccurate portrayals of Ezio, a male, but not of a female.
Second, even though difficult due to lack of medicine etc, historically, women gave birth until menopause even back then! It doesn't mean it did not happen!!

But I shouldn't be explaining these things!! I mean holy ****!
I never said it did not happen, I said a successful pregnancy was less likely to happen, and if men like woman had a timer on there reproductive organs I wouldn't except Ezio having children in the later stages of his life, and if if there was a timer on mens reproductive organs having a child could never kill a man, which was often the case with women who had children after the age of 30 before the later parts of the 20th Century.

silvermercy
01-23-2014, 12:45 PM
You humor me, Makes trolling a lot more fun you and the steve person. Done with this topic tho, Got my giiggles and lulz.
So you just admitted you were trolling. I already knew it but thanks for the written confirmation. It doesn't matter anyway. it just makes reporting easier.

silvermercy
01-23-2014, 12:46 PM
I never said it did not happen, I said a successful pregnancy was less likely to happen, and if men like woman had a timer on there reproductive organs I wouldn't except Ezio having children in the later stages of his life, and if if there was a timer on mens reproductive organs having a child could never kill a man, which was often the case with women who had children after the age of 30 before the later parts of the 20th Century.
yeah yeah yeah...blah blah blah....

HiddenKiller612
01-23-2014, 12:47 PM
yeah yeah yeah...blah blah blah....
Faced with reason, chooses to ignore it... and wonders why you get trolled.

Consus_E
Screw this
I'm not asking I'm BEGGING u girls & boys to plz stop with the unnecessary fighting and bickering

Ok I agree...

I really like Shao Jun's origin story, seems like an interesting concept...

dbzk1999
Boys just please we need to shut up
It's hard to understand people of the opposite gender
(No offense to ANY of u girls sincerely)

silvermercy
Ladies, you're letting yourselves be trolled... Especially by Sabuto...

Also, women, and people in generally had very low life expectancy depending on which century the game takes us... It's practically a miracle Altair and Ezio reached the ages that they did... As for women becoming pregnant after 30... Not really an issue in our current century, but in the past... it was quite unlikely to birth a child the older you got... especially with no modern medicine to help with the birth... You had a high chance of dying during child birth.
That's what we're arguing here. It's apparently ok for male assassins but not for female ones.

silvermercy
01-23-2014, 12:49 PM
Faced with reason, chooses to ignore it... and wonders why you get trolled.
Oh I didn't ignore it. It's just there's no reason to make intelligent in-depth replies to stupid posts.

And I'm pretty sure, the others were not trolling.

adventurewomen
01-23-2014, 12:50 PM
You humor me, Makes trolling a lot more fun you and the steve person. Done with this topic tho, Got my giiggles and lulz.

Gosh darn you hidden killer i was having fun ... oh wells..

On a serious note i rather play as a Male character but i wouldnt care for a female character. just lolz tho
Your sense of humour needs to be improved, because it's seriously lacking.

You need to really think about the reality of the world.

killzab
01-23-2014, 12:50 PM
Just when I thought these boards couldn't get any more ridiculous.

HiddenKiller612
01-23-2014, 12:51 PM
That's what we're arguing here. It's apparently ok for male assassins but not for female ones.
So you want to play more elderly assassin's? Simply so you can even the playing field?

dbzk1999
01-23-2014, 12:52 PM
Oh I didn't ignore it. It's just there's no reason to make intelligent in-depth replies to stupid posts.

How was what steve said a stupid post what he said was technically true

silvermercy
01-23-2014, 12:52 PM
So you want to play more elderly assassin's? Simply so you can even the playing field?

If they are female, I don't mind, because we already had elderly male assassins. Basically, I don't care what age they are.

silvermercy
01-23-2014, 12:53 PM
How was what steve said a stupid post what he said was technically true
Do I have to repeat my previous posts just for you? Sorry, no.

DinoSteve1
01-23-2014, 12:53 PM
Look if people are happy with an female Assassin protagonist over the age of 30 hell lets say 40 set anytime from the 1960s till now then I'm all for it, I want a modern Assassin's Creed game.

dbzk1999
01-23-2014, 12:54 PM
Do I have to repeat my previous posts just for you? Sorry, no.

Hey chill ur horses I'm at least trying to be civil sheesh.......

adventurewomen
01-23-2014, 12:54 PM
If they are female, I don't mind, because we already had elderly male assassins. Basically, I don't care what age they are.
Agreed, this is my view also. :)

silvermercy
01-23-2014, 12:55 PM
Look if people are happy with an female Assassin protagonist over the age of 30 hell lets say 40 set anytime from the 1960s till now then I'm all for it, I want a modern Assassin's Creed game.
I don't get it. Why people shouldn't be happy for a female assassin over the age of 30, no matter the time period???
Also, why do you generalise about "people"?? It's just you and a couple of other who wouldn't be happy. :|

Also, how about 29.9? is that ok? Or 30.1?? Is that not ok??

dxsxhxcx
01-23-2014, 12:56 PM

the post you ignored wasn't stupid, he presented his arguments (if they are wrong or right isn't the case here) in an educated manner, you might disagree with what he wrote, but this doesn't make his post stupid.

silvermercy
01-23-2014, 12:58 PM
the post you ignored wasn't stupid, he presented his arguments (if they are wrong or right isn't the case here) in an educated manner, you might disagree with what he wrote, but this doesn't make his post stupid.

errr.... Did you miss the GAZILLION posts I made previously???

killzab
I don't get it. Why people shouldn't be happy for a female assassin over the age of 30, no matter the time period???
Also, why do you generalise about "people"?? It's just you and a couple of other who wouldn't be happy. :|

You don't know anything about marketing lol.

DinoSteve1

Because before the 20th Century after the age of 30 the chances of a woman living through and having a successful pregnancy diminishes with every year.

Consus_E
01-23-2014, 01:00 PM
Can we just play a male/female Assassin/Templar in their 20's-30's? Better yet can we stop talking about the age of the protagonist? I'd be perfectly content with 25 years.

silvermercy
Oh that's right! Dudebro marketing. LOL LOL LOL I forgot all about it. Yer right! Damn, I forgotz coz I am a stoopid feemaile geimerLOL LOL LOL

:|

adventurewomen
You don't know anything about marketing lol.
Marketing isn't the issue here, the AC fanbase is equal both males and females play AC it's the same ratio of players by gender.

killzab
01-23-2014, 01:04 PM
Oh that's right! Dudebro marketing. LOL LOL LOL I forgot all about it. Yer right! Damn, I forgotz coz I am a stoopid feemaile geimerLOL LOL LOL

Now you're being ridiculous. Try giving a sensible answer instead.

dxsxhxcx
01-23-2014, 01:05 PM

I believe you quoted the wrong post, and answering your previous post directed at me, I was talking about that specific post you quoted with yeah yeah yeah blah blah blah, THAT post wasn't stupid...

ze_topazio
Another thread went bananas and I think I have a certain responsibility for it.

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt309/MattRR15/funny-gif-guy-jumps-out-window.gif

http://i.imgur.com/I53WcjU.png

silvermercy
Marketing isn't the issue here, the AC fanbase is equal both males and females play AC it's the same ratio of players by gender.

Exactly. The ratio is about equal! Also, the general official demographic for gamers is around 30 years of age with females being a more lucrative market than teen boys! http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/01/esa-average-gamer-age-is-30-adult-women-more-lucrative-than-teenage-boys/
Surprisingly (or maybe not).

silvermercy
01-23-2014, 01:09 PM
I believe you quoted the wrong post, and answering your previous post directed at me, I was talking about that specific post you quoted with yeah yeah yeah blah blah blah, THAT post wasn't stupid...
It was stupid and was explained PREVIOUSLY why. I was just REPEATING myself and, hence, it was stupid. Sorry.

DinoSteve1
01-23-2014, 01:09 PM
Another thread went bananas and I think I have a certain responsibility for it.

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt309/MattRR15/funny-gif-guy-jumps-out-window.gif

http://i.imgur.com/I53WcjU.png

http://i42.tinypic.com/2u6jv3d.gif

It was stupid and was explained PREVIOUSLY why. I was just REPEATING myself and, hence, it was stupid. Sorry.
What exactly was stupid about it?

Consus_E
01-23-2014, 01:10 PM
Exactly. The ratio is about equal! Also, the general official demographic for female gamers is around 30 years of age! Surprisingly (or maybe not).

What kind of female protagonist would you like to see?

dbzk1999
01-23-2014, 01:11 PM

Ok I'm gonna be honest CHILL. OUTZ

silvermercy
01-23-2014, 01:13 PM
What exactly was stupid about it?
The fact that I had to repeat myself even though I explained why previously. Hence, my blah blah comment etc

Sabuto78
01-23-2014, 01:14 PM
Do keep explaining

silvermercy
01-23-2014, 01:15 PM
hmmm... Any really. As long as she's strong, smart and not over-sexualised.

silvermercy
01-23-2014, 01:16 PM
Do keep explaining
Nah... I'll pass... I'll just wait until you get banned for trolling. :)

DinoSteve1
01-23-2014, 01:17 PM
So its ok to sexualise a male protagonist then?

The fact that I had to repeat myself even though I explained why previously. Hence, my blah blah comment etc

But your argument was flawed and tbh a little bit silly.

silvermercy
01-23-2014, 01:21 PM
But your argument was flawed and tbh a little bit silly.
You mean as flawed as having elderly male assassins jumping easily over rooftops and living to a historically inaccurate grand old age? At that time? okay then...

So its ok to sexualise a male protagonist then?
No. Only if a woman is sexualised, then you could say, it's ok, too. At least then, there are no double standards. Because then BOTH genders are sexualised. Then it becomes an over-sexualisation issue instead of a gender issue. And that's another topic.

adventurewomen
01-23-2014, 01:26 PM
Exactly. The ratio is about equal! Also, the general official demographic for gamers is around 30 years of age with females being a more lucrative market than teen boys! http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/01/esa-average-gamer-age-is-30-adult-women-more-lucrative-than-teenage-boys/
Surprisingly (or maybe not).
Agreed! That article was on point! :)

ze_topazio
01-23-2014, 01:28 PM
Males and Females have different tastes, for a man a half naked woman is more than enough, for a woman, fanservice is more about the man's personality, Connor is a walking female fanservice, a sensible, naive guy with a sad mysterious past, typical male character you can find on bazillions of romantic novels, that's why he has so many female fans.

Let's however not generalize, saying that man only need half-nakedness to be impressed is of course wrong, because contrary to popular belief men like more than that, at least in real life, fiction is just fiction, or at least I get the feeling that we men don't take things in fiction as seriously as woman do.

DinoSteve1
01-23-2014, 01:28 PM
Well if there is a female Assassin game, the chances of her being attractive is very high, afterall these are incredibly fit people, Ezio, Conner and Edward are all very good looking lads with very good builds, wouldn't a female Assassin be the same?

Consus_E
01-23-2014, 01:30 PM
hmmm... Any really. As long as she's strong, smart and not over-sexualised.

Agreed!

Hopefully we get someone like Mary Read...

adventurewomen
01-23-2014, 01:31 PM
Well if there is a female Assassin game, the chances of her being attractive is very high, afterall these are incrediblly fit people, Ezio, Conner and Edward are all very good looking lads with very good builds, wouldn't a female Assassin be the same?
Lets not forget Aveline. Aveline had her own game and she was attractive, she looked beautiful in her "lady" outfit. I would like to see more female protagonists.. Aveline was the first for this franchise.

ze_topazio
01-23-2014, 01:34 PM
Aveline has a beautiful face.

killzab
01-23-2014, 01:35 PM
Lets not forget Aveline. Aveline had her own game and she was attractive, she looked beautiful in her "lady" outfit. I would like to see more female protagonists.. Aveline was the first for this franchise.

Funny because IMO Aveline was very sexualized ...

DinoSteve1
I don't think a female protagonist needs to be running around half naked, but she should be sexy afterall the male protagonists are very attractive.

silvermercy
Well if there is a female Assassin game, the chances of her being attractive is very high, afterall these are incrediblly fit people, Ezio, Conner and Edward are all very good looking lads with very good builds, wouldn't a female Assassin be the same?
I don't mind if she's attractive. I would expect her to be actually. Aveline is attractive for example (at least she appears like that to me, from a female's point of view). But I suppose the difference lies in the way this attractiveness is presented.

This article sums it up quite well (having attractive females in games vs over-sexualised ones): http://n4g.com/user/blogpost/zerocrossing/523577

silvermercy
01-23-2014, 01:36 PM
Agreed!

Hopefully we get someone like Mary Read...
Yup! :D And not Anne Bonny! lol

DinoSteve1
01-23-2014, 01:37 PM
What Anne Bonney > Mary Reed any day.

But it doesn't matter you can't really have a game with one and not the other Rackham would also likely make an appearance.

silvermercy
01-23-2014, 01:40 PM
What Anne Bonney > Mary Reed anyday.
Mary Read >>>> Anne Bonny. :p Well according to the people on Tumblr at least. The most popular character "shipping" is called Kiddway. (That's James Kidd aka Mary Read, and Kenway). ^^

adventurewomen
01-23-2014, 01:41 PM
fanservice is more about the man's personality, Connor is a walking female fanservice, a sensible, naive guy with a sad mysterious past, typical male character you can find on bazillions of romantic novels, that's why he has so many female fans.

Let's however not generalize, saying that man only need half-nakedness to be impressed is of course wrong,
I agree with this, Ubisoft did try to sexualize Connor, because he was following on from Ezio and they didn't want to loose that sexuality appeal of the AC games.

When ToKW was released we had half-naked shirtless Connor again Ubisoft trying to bring up the sexuality appeal of the AC games. It was a obvious move to appeal to women and some guys that yeah Connor in his mysterious ways he can be sexy.

Aveline has a beautiful face.
Agreed! I love her character too, she's awesome! :)

Landruner
01-23-2014, 02:41 PM
Here's the thing I could give two turds who or what started it
I've read this entire thread and the rest &I'm sick of it always coming down to the same arguments can't we all just get along
I'm not saying U have to agree with me heck nobody has to
"Especially the girls" so wat u think that was directed at them well it wasn't it was directed to everybody

Well, I have a hint for you, next time just ignore those type of topics like that you don't see them and do not get sick and tired - .I am not thinking that you are sexist, i do not care if you were or not, but i just told you, your input did not help some people with some other users regarding the topic of this thread. Incident is closed now, we move on...!

Landruner
01-23-2014, 02:46 PM
How about a Male modern character, and a female ancestor? Or the other way around...

Oh damned me, I forgot the modern days (LOL:rolleyes:), that is a good question regarding the modern day with the female character. Well, in the 4 different cases of idea I proposed I pretty sure that the modern days can fit with their corresponding gender in the time period used for the game(s)....

Freedom3031
01-23-2014, 04:02 PM
is it possible that the person we "were" in black flag modern days could be revealed as a woman? I thought it could be a twist if our person walked by a mirror in the modern days, and oh crap we just found out we are a female abstergo employee.................with perhaps ties to Lucy stillman or even a ancestor of Jenny kenway?????

adventurewomen
01-23-2014, 04:11 PM
is it possible that the person we "were" in black flag modern days could be revealed as a woman? I thought it could be a twist if our person walked by a mirror in the modern days, and oh crap we just found out we are a female abstergo employee.................with perhaps ties to Lucy stillman or even a ancestor of Jenny kenway?????
There was a grunt that sounded male when John injected "you".

Freedom3031
01-23-2014, 04:16 PM

oh ok ............there goes that idea:(

adventurewomen
01-23-2014, 04:23 PM
oh ok ............there goes that idea:(
Sad I know, because I wanted the subject 18 to be the player no matter what gender you are. That grunt pretty much dashed that hope. :(

Hans684
01-23-2014, 04:28 PM
Sad I know, because I wanted the subject 18 to be the player no matter what gender you are. That grunt pretty much dashed that hope. :(

The person is not "Subject 18" but a research analyst working in Abstergo Entertainment.

Landruner
01-23-2014, 05:40 PM

Well, I respond to that question that was not addressed to me, and sorry for doing so - I believe that what i would like to see a duet between two assassins (Male and female) that work together.
A tandem a bit like the earlier episodes of the 60's British series "The Avengers" and the lady would be like the charismatic Emma Peel. Humor, elegance, intelligence and ruse, sex appeal & feline and badassery, all combined at the same time.The perfect woman character without vulgarization of the gender - Something to be proud of.
This type of character(s) if used correctly are winner for a good action adventure game at whatever period of time or location you may set them, as long as the two mean protagonists have charisma and nice exchanges between them and that players can rely on them.

SixKeys
01-23-2014, 05:44 PM

Yeah, I hated that. The whole game they did so well avoiding gendered pronouns to refer to you and such, and then that obviously male grunt happens. It wouldn't even have been that hard to find a more high-pitched voice that wasn't obviously male or female (as evidenced by James Kidd).

I think in that scene the security guards also said "He's bleeding out fast!" which I took to refer to me, but could also have been referring to John.

Landruner
01-23-2014, 05:46 PM
I think I'm going to quit this sexist forum for good soon. I don't know if you are trolling or not but you disgust me!!!

*vomits*

Silver, please don't go away and leave the boat because of this, you know that we (guys) are not all like that and that this Assassin Creed community on this Ubisoft forum is better than that, and like some other women of this forum, I honestly like your input in this forum, just ignore them.

Eh guys what about an Assassin Creed Gay?!
http://static.zerochan.net/Assassin's.Creed.full.1260106.jpg

Gibbo2g_83
01-23-2014, 06:30 PM
I'd really like a female protagonist in a full game I've been playing Liberation hd and Aveline is ace infact I would say she is my second favourite assassin after Ezio so I'd like to see another female lead or Aveline again. Ideally I want Shao Jun in the next game I think she would be ace.

DinoSteve1
01-23-2014, 07:03 PM
Eh guys what about an Assassin Creed Gay?!
http://static.zerochan.net/Assassin's.Creed.full.1260106.jpg

We did that already.

silvermercy
01-23-2014, 07:11 PM
We did that already.
Ezio, right? You could tell he was trying a little too much with the ladies and trying to resist beautiful Leonardo.

DinoSteve1
01-23-2014, 07:12 PM
lol, no I meant we did that thread already.

AssassinHMS
01-23-2014, 07:31 PM
Iím curious, when was the first time the Assassins had women in their ranks? Given Altairís reaction to Maria, I bet there were no records of female Assassins before his time. Somewhere between AC1ís and AC2ís time periods Iíd imagine.

Anyway, if Ubisoft creates a female protagonist (other than Aveline), they really would need to make the gameplay much more realistic (which is a good thing). Itís already preposterous to see a man defeating more than 5 enemies at once, but a woman doing the same feats would definitely be ridiculous (especially if she has the usual skinny and delicate body that seems to be the rule with most female leads).

I think it is also up to the time period. If it is close to Altairís or before, then Iíd find it hard to believe that the Assassins would be soÖ.open minded. I also liked the fact that the Templars were the first to recognize womenís fighting skills.
All in all, what matters is that they make a good (both realistic and challenging) Assassinís Creed game and, if the main character happens to be a woman, then Iíll be all for it as long as they donít sexualize her and that the reason for it isnít simply for the sake of having a women as protagonist.

That being said, I prefer playing as a male protagonist since I realy like the simulator approach where I feel like I'm the Assassin instead of "I'm controlling this character".

LeVoyageur07
01-23-2014, 07:45 PM
This thread discusses 2 topics but uses the term sexist in both cases.

Aren't the proper terms:

Sexism:
Prejudice or discrimination based on a person's sex or gender.

Ageism
Prejudice or discrimination against a particular age-group and especially the elderly.

Personally, I don't care if a protagonist is male or female. Or what age they are.
So long as the character is interesting.

Shahkulu101
01-23-2014, 07:54 PM
Iím curious, when was the first time the Assassins had women in their ranks? Given Altairís reaction to Maria, I bet there were no records of female Assassins before his time. Somewhere between AC1ís and AC2ís time periods Iíd imagine.

Anyway, if Ubisoft creates a female protagonist (other than Aveline), they really would need to make the gameplay much more realistic (which is a good thing). Itís already preposterous to see a man defeating more than 5 enemies at once, but a woman doing the same feats would definitely be ridiculous (especially if she has the usual skinny and delicate body that seems to be the rule with most female leads).

I think it is also up to the time period. If it is close to Altairís or before, then Iíd find it hard to believe that the Assassins would be soÖ.open minded. I also liked the fact that the Templars were the first to recognize womenís fighting skills.
All in all, what matters is that they make a good (both realistic and challenging) Assassinís Creed game and, if the main character happens to be a woman, then Iíll be all for it as long as they donít sexualize her and that the reason for it isnít simply for the sake of having a women as protagonist.

That being said, I prefer playing as a male protagonist since I realy like the simulator approach where I feel like I'm the Assassin instead of "I'm controlling this character".

What on Earth?

Landruner
01-23-2014, 07:57 PM
We did that already.

Oh you did? so who was the winner?!

SixKeys
01-23-2014, 08:00 PM
There really aren't as many psychological OR physiological differences between men and women as people commonly believe. A so-called delicate woman can kick as much *** as a man given the same training.

Landruner
01-23-2014, 08:05 PM
I was talking about the Witcher 3 somewhere else, but who played the witcher2 and how people think of the ladies in general in this game?
I mean I though the ladies being very interesting in this game (even if they were not the main protagonist), I though that their personalities were well developed and they were very interesting characters all along the game and I would not mind at all playing one of those (same type) in any game.

DinoSteve1
01-23-2014, 08:06 PM
plus they were naked

AssassinHMS
01-23-2014, 08:10 PM

What on Earth?

What? I'm just saying that it is ridiculous to think a person (no matter how skilled) could defeat wave after wave of enemies or have a chance against 4 or 5 skilled opponents at once. Also, the male body is more suited for physical tasks (such as fighting).

Landruner
01-23-2014, 08:11 PM
There really aren't as many psychological OR physiological differences between men and women as people commonly believe. A so-called delicate woman can kick as much *** as a man given the same training.

True! I know a lot of girls like this - One of my former for example was very delicate woman, and once i saw her kicking the butt of a guy for his bad manner (Touching her butt in a crowded subway in Paris) before i could even figure out what was happening the guy was down and in pain. I was surprised because i never thought was that she could do something like that and so fast...(Real story, no BS) I felt like a numb since i did not even see what was happening - So way it is, I believe what you wrote.

Landruner
01-23-2014, 08:21 PM
plus they were naked

http://img.izismile.com/img/img6/20130114/640/sexy_assassins_creed_cosplay_photoshoot_640_13.jpg
Sex appeal, beautiful, smart, attractive and instinctive

AssassinHMS
01-23-2014, 08:28 PM

I'm not so sure about that.

"The difference in male and female physiology is especially true when it comes to skeletal muscle mass. Due to testosterone, men’s muscle fibers are larger than women’s. This allows men to have larger muscles and are thereby stronger than women.
One study showed that “women were approximately 52% and 66% as strong as the men in the upper and lower body respectively.”
High testosterone levels also encourages bone density.
Aggressive competitiveness is stimulated by testosterone. But I won't say much about this emotional area.

From what I've learned, the female body requires much more intense and specialized training than a male body in order to attain the same physical strength.

dbzk1999
01-23-2014, 08:31 PM
It doesn't matter if u were trained in the same thing all that matters is that they're willing to use it (like ur friend)
Take Deathstroke and Batman they were both trained in deadly martial arts Batman found a non lethal way to use his skills while deathstroke uses the full extent (like ur friend)
Just throwing that out there

Hans684
01-23-2014, 08:35 PM
Iím curious, when was the first time the Assassins had women in their ranks?

If I'm correct, the Egyptian assassin Amunet is the earlyest known woman assassin.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Amunet

Landruner
01-23-2014, 08:35 PM
I'm not so sure about that.

"The difference in male and female physiology is especially true when it comes to skeletal muscle mass. Due to testosterone, men’s muscle fibers are larger than women’s. This allows men to have larger muscles and are thereby stronger than women.
One study showed that “women were approximately 52% and 66% as strong as the men in the upper and lower body respectively.”
High testosterone levels also encourages bone density.
Aggressive competitiveness is stimulated by testosterone. But I won't say much about this emotional area.

From what I've learned, the female body requires much more intense and specialized training than a male body in order to attain the same physical strength.

Hello friend, I understand what you mention there (science and statistic), but i am not that sure you are totally right in this matter.
Some girls can actually be as strong as guys trust me.
Besides you have some army corps that ask woman the same performance and endurance than man, and they had to follow, and they better do, since most of the time they have to deal with a very sexist and misogynistic environment.

AssassinHMS
01-23-2014, 08:37 PM
http://img.izismile.com/img/img6/20130114/640/sexy_assassins_creed_cosplay_photoshoot_640_13.jpg
Sex appeal, beautiful, smart, attractive and instinctive

Attractive? Probably. Useful in a combat situation? No. Practical when trying to blend in a crowd? Definitely not.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. If they make a female protagonist I don't want them to focus on the sexual appeal or on the fact she is a woman. Everything from the outfit to the story should focus on her role as an Assassin, not on her gender.

AssassinHMS
01-23-2014, 08:44 PM
Hello friends, I understand what you mention there (science and statistic), but i am not that sure you are totally right in this matter. Some girls can actually be as strong as guys trust me.

Hello, Landruner! Yes, I'm well aware some girls can be as strong as some guys, there are always exceptions and everything is relative. However, these are scientific facts. Most men are stronger than most women and the regular male body is a lot more suited for physical activities.

dbzk1999
01-23-2014, 08:48 PM
Hello, Landruner! Yes, I'm well aware some girls can be as strong as some guys, there are always exceptions and everything is relative. However, these are scientific facts. Most men are stronger than most women and the regular male body is a lot more suited for physical activities.

I think land what he means is that while girls are INITIALLY weaker and guys are naturally stronger (not by much) they still can be stronger than guys

Landruner
01-23-2014, 08:52 PM

Okay, I got your point, but it does not prevent us enjoying playing a Creed game with a girl or least a combo duet of the two genders?
I mean if the game is good and if the game play is there (and perfect for an AC game) does it really matter if the main protagonist is a girl or not?
I rather have a good AC game (with all the expectation that should be there) with a girl instead of a bad one with a guy.

dbzk1999
01-23-2014, 08:55 PM
Okay, I got your point, but it does not prevent us enjoying playing a Creed game with a girl or least a combo duet of the two genders?
I mean if the game is good and if the game play is there (and perfect for an AC game) does it really matter if the main protagonist is a girl or not?
I rather have a good AC game (with all the expectation that should be there) with a girl instead of a bad one with a guy.
That's EXACTLY what I think

AssassinHMS
01-23-2014, 08:57 PM
If I'm correct, the Egyptian assassin Amunet is the earlyest known woman assassin.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Amunet

Strange...You'd think the Assassins would be more diverse (in terms of gender) by Altair's time. I mean, all the Assassins in AC1 were male and Altair's reaction to Maria (clamming a woman fighting like that was sorcery) could only be understood if there were no records of a female Assassin. Besides, this Amunet is supposed to be quite famous among the Assassins (which is proved by that statue of her in AC2)…

Landruner
01-23-2014, 08:57 PM
Attractive? Probably. Useful in a combat situation? No. Practical when trying to blend in a crowd? Definitely not.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. If they make a female protagonist I don't want them to focus on the sexual appeal or on the fact she is a woman. Everything from the outfit to the story should focus on her role as an Assassin, not on her gender.
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/002/7/6/female_assassin_by_sketcheth.jpg
?
BETTER? i mean for the blend it could be okay, but for the fight the robe could be an issue?

dbzk1999
01-23-2014, 08:59 PM
Strange...You'd think the Assassins would be more diverse (in terms of gender) by Altair's time. I mean, all the Assassins in AC1 were male and Altair's reaction to Maria (clamming a woman fighting like that was sorcery) could only be understood if there were no records of a female Assassin. Besides, this Amunet is supposed to be quite famous among the Assassins (which is proved by that statue of her in AC2)…

To be fair I think that Altair wouldn't expect a woman to be put in ROberts place

silvermercy
01-23-2014, 09:01 PM
lol Jessica's Nigri's cosplay is the best example of an over-sexualised female in games. She has drawn immense critique by the cosplay community exactly because of that (they basically don't see it as actual cosplay).
This is a better example. Has anyone seen the TV series "Vikings"?

I was surprised to see female warriors! And they're actually so convincing and of course badass.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/8088236f0c38ae454a8b78af4ef9472a/tumblr_mzn1thBXBJ1s6bxzqo1_r1_500.png

http://www.history.com/s3static/video-thumbnails/AETN-History_VMS/864/987/History_Vikings_Afterlife_SF_HD_still_624x352.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/6838f8c36a74392063c792e2808d5078/tumblr_mj05rltRUy1qkupluo1_500.jpg

AssassinHMS
01-23-2014, 09:02 PM

Sure, I never said the opposite. What I want is a more realistic gameplay because this one-man/woman-army takes most of the fun out of the game (except for those who only play AC to feel like a mass murderer psychopath).

dbzk1999
01-23-2014, 09:03 PM
Sure, I never said the opposite. What I want is a more realistic gameplay because this one-man/woman-army takes most of the fun out of the game (except for those who only play AC to feel like a mass murderer psychopath).

If they want to feel like that they should play gta lol

TheHumanTowel
01-23-2014, 09:10 PM
Women are stupid and I don't respect them.
That's right, I just have sex with them.

AssassinHMS
01-23-2014, 09:10 PM
If they want to feel like that they should play gta lol
Exactly!

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/002/7/6/female_assassin_by_sketcheth.jpg
?
BETTER? i mean for the blend it could be okay, but for the fight the robe could be an issue?

Yes, I'd much rather this than the other example you gave. Well, she doesn't have to wear long robes, as long as the outfit allows her to blend with the environment and doesn't attract attention to her it should be fine. I'll also add that I wouldn't like feminine walking or manners. I mean, she's an Assassin, a predator that blends in the crowd and passes by unnoticed and not some cocotte that wants to be seen.

Hans684
01-23-2014, 09:18 PM

It is strange, i have no idea why it like this. Maby the way the assassin order has it's own sett of rules is diffrent depending on time place. All assassins in ACR where male during each AltaÔr memory from young to old(exept only Maria) and I forgot to add AltaÔr's mother, Maud. http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Maud. The amount of [known] woman assassins is low. Somebody(Amunet) famous must have had some effect on the order like AltaÔr, Ezio etc...

Landruner
01-23-2014, 09:18 PM

I see what you mean and effectively if your character is a girl a start a killing spree ala "Connor" (No offense to the character that is just a reference for the FIGHTING gameplay) it will makes the game surrealistic if it is a woman does the same than a guy. Okay, but like i said previously, hopefully UBI can change the gameplay (Stealth, fight) and get it more realistic, so yep with such element i believe that a girl can be a nice addition for a pairing with another assassin or for a stand alone.
Furthermore; with a more realistic gameplay, the game could get more deeper in emotion with a female character, and perhaps a lot of players (even the ones that don't like female in game) could rely of that character even more than if it were a man?
You know, I heard a lot of people saying that they liked AC4 and Edward however; they had some issues to rely with the dude as a being for different reason, it is perhaps because it was a gaps there (?) and maybe Ubisoft has to find to the just line between interesting gameplay for the Assassin Parts, mission design, stealth, social stelth and else, but also find a better conviction for the protagonist without falling into the shore of a melodrama or the total glibness.
It is not easy to do, but it is not impossible to do neither.

ze_topazio
01-23-2014, 09:21 PM
lol Jessica's Nigri's cosplay is the best example of an over-sexualised female in games. She has drawn immense critique by the cosplay community exactly because of that (they basically don't see it as actual cosplay).
This is a better example. Has anyone seen the TV series "Vikings"?

I was surprised to see female warriors! And they're actually so convincing and of course badass.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/8088236f0c38ae454a8b78af4ef9472a/tumblr_mzn1thBXBJ1s6bxzqo1_r1_500.png

http://www.history.com/s3static/video-thumbnails/AETN-History_VMS/864/987/History_Vikings_Afterlife_SF_HD_still_624x352.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/6838f8c36a74392063c792e2808d5078/tumblr_mj05rltRUy1qkupluo1_500.jpg

I wouldn't call that convincing, the men look ugly, rough and unkempt, the girl looks like a super model.

Landruner
01-23-2014, 09:24 PM
Women are stupid and I don't respect them.
That's right, I just have sex with them.

Well, are you sure that they are women you have sex with and not trees? Don't it it is some Just redneck joke LOL!

silvermercy
01-23-2014, 09:25 PM
I wouldn't call that convincing, the men look ugly, rough and unkempt, the girl looks like a super model.
I meant in the way of fighting if you watch the fight scenes. And clothes. Well, appearance-wise, yes, you're right, but she also has moments where she looks unkempt, too. But, anyway, I still see it as an improvement in general. Her clothes/armour and fighting style look realistic.

AssassinHMS
01-23-2014, 09:28 PM
It is strange, i have no idea why it like this. Maby the way the assassin order has it's own sett of rules is diffrent depending on time place. All assassins in ACR where male during each AltaÔr memory from young to old(exept only Maria) and I forgot to add AltaÔr's mother, Maud. http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Maud. The amount of [known] woman assassins is low. Somebody(Amunet) famous must have had some effect on the order like AltaÔr, Ezio etc...

Did Altair's mother carry Assassination missions? Because, although she's a member of the order, they never say she's an actual Assassin.
And what about the historical Assassins? Were there reports of female Assassins?

Hans684
01-23-2014, 09:49 PM
Did Altair's mother carry Assassination missions?

We know little about her, so we don't know if she did or not.

And what about the historical Assassins? Were there reports of female Assassins?

This is the only info I found regarding woman and the assassin order.

"Hashashins never allowed their women to be at their fortresses during military campaigns, both for protection and secrecy. This is a tradition first made by Hassan when he sent his wife and daughters to Girdkuh when a famine was created during the Seljuk siege of Alamut."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassins#Military_tactics

AssassinHMS
01-23-2014, 10:26 PM
We know little about her, so we don't know if she did or not.

This is the only info I found regarding woman and the assassin order.

"Hashashins never allowed their women to be at their fortresses during military campaigns, both for protection and secrecy. This is a tradition first made by Hassan when he sent his wife and daughters to Girdkuh when a famine was created during the Seljuk siege of Alamut."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassins#Military_tactics

Yes, I think that, in reality, the Assassins were mainly males (with a few exceptions). It just seems more plausible given the way society viewed women back then. I mean, the actual women's emancipation is very recent and although that doesn't mean there were no female Assassins, it just shows how slowly said mentality evolved.

Anyway, I think Ubisoft is already trying to please female gamers by including female Assassins (whether the main character or the simple mention of their supposed existence) when realistically speaking, if there were female Assassins, they were likely to be a small minority.

SixKeys
01-23-2014, 10:31 PM
Realistically speaking, if there were assassins at all, I don't think they would have superhuman vision and the ability to survive hundreds of meters of freefall into a haystack. The "but it's not realistic!" argument is BS.

silvermercy
01-23-2014, 10:36 PM
Yes, I think that, in reality, the Assassins were mainly males (with a few exceptions). It just seems more plausible given the way society viewed women back then. I mean, the actual women's emancipation is very recent and although that doesn't mean there were no female Assassins, it just shows how slowly said mentality evolved.

Anyway, I think Ubisoft is already trying to please female gamers by including female Assassins (whether the main character or the simple mention of their supposed existence) when realistically speaking, if there were female Assassins, they were likely to be a small minority.

It's true indeed. I wouldn't want a female assassin shoe-horned for the sake of it. It would be nice to have a female assassin, yes, but I also understand it's the nature of the game (being historical-based) where males are somehow easier to include and integrate (compared to, say, more modern, fantasy or sci-fi games). It still doesn't mean of course they shouldn't try to include one when the opportunity arises.

I would just hate it, if her character or story was not very well done, and the female assassin received comments like "she sucked, no personality, boring etc etc". I would really hate it.

(psst... straight female gamers are perfectly ok with male assassins too, just visit Tumblr to see why. :p It doesn't mean female gamers only connect with females). They can connect with attractive male assassins, too. haha! Especially, if they have an appealing personality (like Connor, who I believe is the most popular, with straight females at least). It's natural.

AssassinHMS
01-23-2014, 10:54 PM
Realistically speaking, if there were assassins at all, I don't think they would have superhuman vision and the ability to survive hundreds of meters of freefall into a haystack. The "but it's not realistic!" argument is BS.

What do you mean by "if there were assassins at all"? Sure, Ubisoft's Assassins may not be realistic, but they existed nevertheless.

And you're missing my point completely. Why do you assume that this is even an argument?
AC is obviously a work of fiction. Although I'd rather if AC's lore was closer to reality (especially when it comes to the whole "The Ones Who Came BeforeĒ plot), I can easily accept this lack of realism.
I'm simply stating that, the fact Ubisoft, steps away from reality in order to create so many female Assassins, is proof that they are trying to please the female audience.

If you think that I'm arguing about having a female protagonist then that's fine, but all that I'm doing is trying to understand the somewhat "strange" apparition of female Assassins in AC.

silvermercy
01-23-2014, 11:11 PM
I'm simply stating that, the fact Ubisoft, steps away from reality in order to create so many female Assassins, is proof that they are trying to please the female audience.

I think female gamers are most likely to buy games that feature these types of characters:

- Female characters: strong and clever (not whiny or need rescuing all the time. And obviously not over-sexualised as mentioned before. They can be attractive and sensual though. That's not a problem).
- Male characters: strong, clever and attractive alpha-males (not over-sexualised) with a specific appealing personality to females (i.e. polite, loyal "bad boy" type. lol). Someone mentioned before that Connor could fit this profile as he seems out of a romance novel. I agree. He fits the profile and, thus, he is the most popular with females so far (at least straight ones).

Obviously both types would need to have a good story. That's quite obvious. lol

Landruner
01-23-2014, 11:11 PM
What do you mean by "if there were assassins at all"? Sure, Ubisoft's Assassins may not be realistic, but they existed nevertheless.

And you're missing my point completely. Why do you assume that this is even an argument?
AC is obviously a work of fiction. Although I'd rather if AC's lore was closer to reality (especially when it comes to the whole "The Ones Who Came Before” plot), I can easily accept this lack of realism.

If you think that I'm arguing about having a female protagonist then that's fine, but all that I'm doing is trying to understand the somewhat "strange" apparition of female Assassins in AC.

I do not think that you argue about having a female protagonist, I understood what you tried to explain above - To be short, I think that Ubisoft is trying to please a more younger audience than he used to more than a female audience - Iknow hardcore gamer girls that played Demon Soul and else more than I actually could imagine.For them, AC series is vanilla creme.

AssassinHMS
01-23-2014, 11:24 PM
It's true indeed. I wouldn't want a female assassin shoe-horned for the sake of it. It would be nice to have a female assassin, yes, but I also understand it's the nature of the game (being historical-based) where males are somehow easier to include and integrate (compared to, say, more modern, fantasy or sci-fi games). It still doesn't mean of course they shouldn't try to include one when the opportunity arises.
I agree completely! As long as the inclusion of a female Assassin is well-made, Iím all for it. Like you said, because AC is historical-based, creating a female Assassin (particularly in more distant times) can be quite challenging, if not even risky.

I would just hate it, if her character or story was not very well done, and the female assassin received comments like "she sucked, no personality, boring etc etc". I would really hate it.
Exactly, they have to make sure they do it right. Thatís why I say that Ubisoft is doing a good job so far. First they included female Assassins as secondary characters, then they created Aveline and scanned her reception in a safe manner by letting her star a smaller game alongside Connor. Now, they can take their time and use what theyíve learned to create a great female protagonist for a main AC game.

(psst... straight female gamers are perfectly ok with male assassins too, just visit Tumblr to see why. :p It doesn't mean female gamers only connect with females). They can connect with attractive male assassins, too. haha! Especially, if they have an appealing personality (like Connor, who I believe is the most popular, with straight females at least). It's natural.
Haha, Iím sure they can. Too bad I canít do that. I guess Iím the more serious type when it comes to games. I mean, I wouldnít mind playing as an Assassin who happens to be a beautiful woman but I would not like one bit if the outfit was as revealing as some of the cosplays Iíve seen. Not only it would be immersion breaking, it would be distracting.

SixKeys
01-23-2014, 11:31 PM
Haha, I’m sure they can. Too bad I can’t do that. I guess I’m the more serious type when it comes to games. I mean, I wouldn’t mind playing as an Assassin who happens to be a beautiful woman but I would not like one bit if the outfit was as revealing as some of the cosplays I’ve seen. Not only it would be immersion breaking, it would be distracting.

So how do you deal with the moments in AC4 where Edward takes his shirt off?

dbzk1999
01-23-2014, 11:37 PM
So pretty much you'd feel awkward Abput it tht actually reminds me of subject 1 (Avelines descendant

LoyalACFan
01-23-2014, 11:57 PM
... Alright, I guess I've avoided this thread long enough, and I'm bored, so buckle up.

I think we're all in agreement that the average man is going to be somewhat stronger than the average woman; that much isn't really debatable. But we are talking about a game featuring members of a secret society trained to their physical and mental peak, and there's an abundance of female athletes in the world who are far superior to average men (i.e. the guards we fight in AC) in terms of physicality, so the "women are weak and can't fight" argument doesn't really fly. Nor does the argument that the historical Assassins didn't have female soldiers; they threw that rule out five years ago with AC2 and the numerous Assassin women it featured, and every game since then has depicted women as Assassins. Historical accuracy is something AC is definitely not known for (hell, they made the real-life 12th-century Muslim Assassins into a modern vigilante faction, didn't they?) so denying the possibility of a female Assassin because they didn't historically exist is just silly. Italian noble Assassins didn't exist either, nor did Mohawk warrior Assassins or Welsh pirate Assassins.

AC has actually been pretty good about depicting NPC women as being just as capable as the playable men (I think we all agree that Lucy was way more badass than Desmond in the escape from Abstergo) but when they finally made the jump to a playable female protagonist, they got all weird on us. Aveline was just as much of a badass Assassin as any of her predecessors, but they made way too big a deal out of her femininity. She wasn't just a walking pair of tits like many (most) video game women, but there was this huge, awkward disconnect between "Assassin Aveline" and "Lady Aveline". One minute she's a cold-blooded killer out for justice, the other she's playing the god-damned piano and being Daddy's little girl. It was like they were able to create one character who was a perfect example of how a female action star should be designed, but also needed an outlet for all the stereotypically female stuff. She could be a hardcore Assassin, sure, but every once in a while she had to break for a tea party in a pretty dress. I mean seriously, WTF? They didn't write Connor as a hardcore Assassin who occasionally took breaks to watch football, drink beer, flex in the mirror or whatever other MANLY MAN things dudes are supposed to do. I get that there has to be an acknowledgement that women were quite socially constrained at the time, but there's got to be a better way of doing it than writing a character who's 80% stoic badass, 20% Scarlett O'Hara.

That being said, I can totally understand why some people don't want a female protagonist. That, in and of itself, is not inherently sexist. Liberation was a bold leap forward for female protagonists in action games, but it just didn't stick the landing. The dissonance between Aveline's personas (as well as the failure of the literal persona mechanic) provides reason enough for gamers to be a little gun-shy about Ubi pursuing that direction in the future. Plus, there are certain settings in which a female character would just feel awkward or shoehorned. I, for one, would feel a bit strange playing as a woman in ancient Sparta, for example. But I truly feel that all the pieces are there for AC to make the jump to a female lead for a main console game. Given an appropriate setting, and the lessons learned from Liberation's mixed reception, Ubi could deliver us something fresh and exciting with a female lead, provided that they don't get too hung up on the very fact that she's not a dude and turn it into a weirdly disjointed Assassin v. Lady situation like ACL.

Yet another reason I'd love a Shao Jun game.

Edit- BTW this post isn't directed at anyone here in particular, these are just some common gripes I've seen about women as protagonists

AssassinHMS
01-24-2014, 12:00 AM
So how do you deal with the moments in AC4 where Edward takes his shirt off?
What do you mean? Edward takes his shirt off in proper situations that justify it so it isn't immersion breaking. On the other hand, pretending an Assassin can fight or blend properly while wearing something like thisÖ
Öis preposterous.

Oh, and I can deal with any of this. All Iím saying is that I find it annoying when the character is overly sexualized which I donít consider to be the case with Edward.

silvermercy
01-24-2014, 12:06 AM
Edward is not over-sexualised even with his shirt off. Attractive, yes, I like what I see (I ain't complaining! lol) but, it's not immersion-breaking indeed. And I'm a straight female.
(Now if he stood on that boat bending in wet pants and seductively holding that harpooning stick, that'd be another story! ahaha!)

Shahkulu101
01-24-2014, 12:10 AM
Edward is not over-sexualised even with his shirt off. Attractive, yes, I like what I see (I ain't complaining! lol) but, it's not immersion-breaking indeed. And I'm a straight female.
(Now if he stood on that boat bending in wet pants and seductively holding that harpooning stick, that'd be another story! ahaha!)

Don't give Tumblr ideas. :|

That was funny though - had a good chuckle.

silvermercy
01-24-2014, 12:12 AM
Don't give Tumblr ideas. :|

That was funny though - had a good chuckle.
hahaha! oops! :D

It may have happened already. lmao

adventurewomen
01-24-2014, 12:54 AM
Lets not bring Jessica Nigri into this conversation/thread. :nonchalance:

Syler99
01-24-2014, 02:30 AM
... Alright, I guess I've avoided this thread long enough, and I'm bored, so buckle up.

I think we're all in agreement that the average man is going to be somewhat stronger than the average woman; that much isn't really debatable. But we are talking about a game featuring members of a secret society trained to their physical and mental peak, and there's an abundance of female athletes in the world who are far superior to average men (i.e. the guards we fight in AC) in terms of physicality, so the "women are weak and can't fight" argument doesn't really fly. Nor does the argument that the historical Assassins didn't have female soldiers; they threw that rule out five years ago with AC2 and the numerous Assassin women it featured, and every game since then has depicted women as Assassins. Historical accuracy is something AC is definitely not known for (hell, they made the real-life 12th-century Muslim Assassins into a modern vigilante faction, didn't they?) so denying the possibility of a female Assassin because they didn't historically exist is just silly. Italian noble Assassins didn't exist either, nor did Mohawk warrior Assassins or Welsh pirate Assassins.

AC has actually been pretty good about depicting NPC women as being just as capable as the playable men (I think we all agree that Lucy was way more badass than Desmond in the escape from Abstergo) but when they finally made the jump to a playable female protagonist, they got all weird on us. Aveline was just as much of a badass Assassin as any of her predecessors, but they made way too big a deal out of her femininity. She wasn't just a walking pair of tits like many (most) video game women, but there was this huge, awkward disconnect between "Assassin Aveline" and "Lady Aveline". One minute she's a cold-blooded killer out for justice, the other she's playing the god-damned piano and being Daddy's little girl. It was like they were able to create one character who was a perfect example of how a female action star should be designed, but also needed an outlet for all the stereotypically female stuff. She could be a hardcore Assassin, sure, but every once in a while she had to break for a tea party in a pretty dress. I mean seriously, WTF? They didn't write Connor as a hardcore Assassin who occasionally took breaks to watch football, drink beer, flex in the mirror or whatever other MANLY MAN things dudes are supposed to do. I get that there has to be an acknowledgement that women were quite socially constrained at the time, but there's got to be a better way of doing it than writing a character who's 80% stoic badass, 20% Scarlett O'Hara.

That being said, I can totally understand why some people don't want a female protagonist. That, in and of itself, is not inherently sexist. Liberation was a bold leap forward for female protagonists in action games, but it just didn't stick the landing. The dissonance between Aveline's personas (as well as the failure of the literal persona mechanic) provides reason enough for gamers to be a little gun-shy about Ubi pursuing that direction in the future. Plus, there are certain settings in which a female character would just feel awkward or shoehorned. I, for one, would feel a bit strange playing as a woman in ancient Sparta, for example. But I truly feel that all the pieces are there for AC to make the jump to a female lead for a main console game. Given an appropriate setting, and the lessons learned from Liberation's mixed reception, Ubi could deliver us something fresh and exciting with a female lead, provided that they don't get too hung up on the very fact that she's not a dude and turn it into a weirdly disjointed Assassin v. Lady situation like ACL.

Yet another reason I'd love a Shao Jun game.

Edit- BTW this post isn't directed at anyone here in particular, these are just some common gripes I've seen about women as protagonists

This is a very good post.

I would think though a fem assassin would simply have to be an expert at blending in beyond just sitting on a bench or sweeping and looking busy. Being whatever time period (save now) she'd have to do whatever it took to complete her mission even if they had a male only event provided they were fully clothed she would simply dress the part change her speech, walk, stride, bind their chest, wearing layers if need be, and adopting new mannerisms inorder to fool men into thinking she was one we have many stories of hidden women dock workers, soldiers in all roles mounted artillery explosive and ground, sailors, jousters, prison guards, we have one of a medical student who later became a "male" doctor, and thieves it all boiled down to you played your new role flawlessly when in their company and even if you knew a fellow hidden female was with you no one broke their role faking their false gender from 4 + years.

The only way she's getting caught is to do something without thinking or yeah its bathhouse or Spartan naked battle time. The writers have more then 90% of other issues covered for her to use unconventional blending tactics. They could always write in a narrative of between the modern hero and some professional that covers stating the guy who allegedly killed famous guy Z was actually a hidden woman and both would be like wow thats a shock.

It also plays into the whole Templars rewrote history. When they showed Kidd in AC4 I thought she was going to be the Kidd and history just changed her over to be a man it would've been a unique take instead of being Kidd's "son". They wouldn't have to turn it into a bashing moment like they did with Desmond vs Shawn over the US vs British which was a very dumb moment for the series just a surprise of new info by the hero and his modern crew.

I agree with the whole when it comes to the assassin order and even the Templar one nothing they currently doing agility, strength, stamina, or critical thinking wise is out of bonds for a fem lead to do we're talking about top physical prowess here not your average Joe or Jane from the streets unless they want to set it up that way she's recruited by the order because she took up a sword to fight some of the badguys men.

Ave was odd I'm going to actually put up a thread on that later but yeah she seems fake I don't think thats what Ubi was going for but she's either lying about being vengeful or she's lying about being her dad's favorite and only daughter her VA was not very well done and if she was a true tomboy trapped in a feminine world she wasn't coming off very well. The (spoiler free) woman played her double role better. Ubi did get hung up on she's a girl rather then she's a person who has a unique mindset able to transition from one lifestyle to the other and not make it seem like she's bi-polar or a liar both sides can be true for her, a loving daughter who wants to do right by her father but keeping a secret from him and being the sword for her own cause the only time these two halves would not blend is when she'd get caught by her dad/mom/friend who didn't know killing someone and then they confront her on the spot or later about it then she'd not be able to maintain the two worlds by then its beg them or kill them time and that would only occur in Ave's situation she's hiding her assassin side not like Ezio's dad where his wife already knew about it. There are better characters out there who balance worldly expectations and their own causes like Nillin, Ripley, Samara, Tess, Alyx, Triss, Jodi H, Bonnie, and Tiffa and I could name a whole boat load of male heros that do this just fine.

I saw a comment on male shirtlessness vs fem assassin in sexy gear and to that its simply the bare chested men took their shirts off when it was appropriate fist fighting and sex. I would hate it if we get a fem assassin in sexy wear like the long outfit or the outfit of the cosplayer above that's a blending issue, thats an armor issue, and thats a believability issue, and she'd die of exposure to harsher elements to say the least if she's going to show skin to us the player have it make sense like I got shot in the calf so yank up the pant leg or sex but with less male gaze. It needs to make sense skimpy outfits unless she's going undercover in a brothel isn't going to make sense.

marcbryan
01-24-2014, 03:12 AM
Woah. This thread got really intense! Haha.

Why there is even a discussion regarding the differences between men and women is quite absurd because the whole focus is on 'assassins". These people are supposedly endowed with super human abilities in order to fulfill their destinies to fight for the greater "good". They could incorporate social perception of genders depending on the time period in order to accurately present the protagonist but other than that gender is irrelevant!

Can't wait for the day when the only discussion people have about others is on the content of their character and nothing else.

But seriously though. If there is a girl she needs to be white, under 30 and around 115 lbs. With curves.

dbzk1999
01-24-2014, 03:24 AM
Woah. This thread got really intense! Haha.

Why there is even a discussion regarding the differences between men and women is quite absurd because the whole focus is on 'assassins". These people are supposedly endowed with super human abilities in order to fulfill their destinies to fight for the greater "good". They could incorporate social perception of genders depending on the time period in order to accurately present the protagonist but other than that gender is irrelevant!

Can't wait for the day when the only discussion people have about others is on the content of their character and nothing else.

Eye Abstergo lolllll

pacmanate
01-24-2014, 03:25 AM
Lets not bring Jessica Nigri into this conversation/thread. :nonchalance:

Everyone hold on to your nose, I actually AGREE with advernturewoman.

I hate her cosplay so much. It is so oversexualised and UGH. I hate oversexualisation of women, it is NOT attractive.

LoyalACFan
01-24-2014, 05:06 PM
It needs to make sense skimpy outfits unless she's going undercover in a brothel isn't going to make sense.

I basically agree with the whole of your post, but I'm going to single out this line for further discussion.

Having a female protagonist who is a prostitute has actually occurred to me. From an authenticity standpoint it makes sense, for the same reason it made sense in AC2/ACB; being courtesans, they were effectively part of the underground networks of society and therefore were exposed to (and had information about) some of the more nefarious goings-on in their city. But at the same time, I wouldn't necessarily want a character whose main gimmick is having sex with dudes. It would almost be a step backwards, really, because they'd have to be a pretty sexed-up character (both seductive and attractive) and that would kinda take us back to the days of the old PS1 Lara Croft. If any game was going to feature a prostitute lead, I'd want it to be GTA. Any GTA lead is already guaranteed to fall on the sleazier side of society, and that series has gotten so much bad press for letting us kill prostitutes and get our money back, it would be hilarious to see the tables turned.

But that said, if we do get another female AC lead in any capacity, I totally want "dancer" blend groups that we might actually blend with. As penance for 6'2" walking armor rack Ezio being able to blend with 5'5" scantily clad courtesans.

ConanTheLeader
01-24-2014, 05:57 PM

I love that mission with her, it made me go back to AC3. A few gamers had asked for a French revolution setting with either her or Connor, why not both? Two assassin's teaming up, a bit like Grand Theft Auto V.

Landruner
01-24-2014, 06:05 PM
I love that mission with her, it made me go back to AC3. A few gamers had asked for a French revolution setting with either her or Connor, why not both? Two assassin's teaming up, a bit like Grand Theft Auto V.

I agree, that would be cool and I believe they are a perfect pair for a duet, and it perhaps would put Connor in the right track with everybody 's heart and give him more dimension - After all this time, I somewhat like that dude.

JunYah7
01-25-2014, 09:26 AM
Well if there is a female Assassin game, the chances of her being attractive is very high, afterall these are incredibly fit people, Ezio, Conner and Edward are all very good looking lads with very good builds, wouldn't a female Assassin be the same?

Yeah the women get eye candy! How come us men can't get eye candy either!

JunYah7
01-25-2014, 09:31 AM
Well, I respond to that question that was not addressed to me, and sorry for doing so - I believe that what i would like to see a duet between two assassins (Male and female) that work together.
A tandem a bit like the earlier episodes of the 60's British series "The Avengers" and the lady would be like the charismatic Emma Peel. Humor, elegance, intelligence and ruse, sex appeal & feline and badassery, all combined at the same time.The perfect woman character without vulgarization of the gender - Something to be proud of.
This type of character(s) if used correctly are winner for a good action adventure game at whatever period of time or location you may set them, as long as the two mean protagonists have charisma and nice exchanges between them and that players can rely on them.

A female and male assassin working in tandem? That is a very good idea.

Personally, I like playing as a female in games. If there is a choice to play as a female I always do. I don't know I just like it and I prefer it. So maybe one or two AC titles with a sole female main character (regardless of race) would make me very happy.

JunYah7
01-25-2014, 09:39 AM
This might be off topic but why do you think that FPSs with a female lead haven't been made in droves yet?

silvermercy
01-25-2014, 01:05 PM
Yeah the women get eye candy! How come us men can't get eye candy either!
You get your eye candy all the time in most video games. Assassin's Creed included. Hence this discussion. Females being over-sexualised in the vast majority of them. I cant believe men are complaining about lack of female eye-candy in games. lol

This might be off topic but why do you think that FPSs with a female lead haven't been made in droves yet?
I suppose the reasons are similar to what we've been discussing.

LieutenantRex
01-25-2014, 04:01 PM
I don't like playing as females in video games. I feel less immersed, weak, and disinterested. Plus my eyes always go to the swaying backside or bouncing chest of the female character. Just my preference. If an AC game has a main female protag, I'll watch a walkthrough, although I probably won't buy it.

JunYah7
01-25-2014, 06:31 PM
You get your eye candy all the time in most video games. Assassin's Creed included. Hence this discussion. Females being over-sexualised in the vast majority of them. I cant believe men are complaining about lack of female eye-candy in games. lol

I suppose the reasons are similar to what we've been discussing.

Aveline is the only eye candy in AC but she was just a spin off. She wasn't over-sexualized from what I can tell. You women get 4 different men to look at. But we only have little o' Aveline. Which is okay, but I'm talking AAA title, not a spin off.

silvermercy
01-25-2014, 06:37 PM
Aveline is the only eye candy in AC but she was just a spin off. She wasn't over-sexualized from what I can tell. You women get 4 different men to look at. But we only have little o' Aveline. Which is okay, but I'm talking AAA title, not a spin off.
What 4 different men? You're forgetting all the other AC women's cleavage galore??

Also, there's nothing much to look at the men??

JunYah7
01-25-2014, 06:42 PM
Men on this forum complaining about not being able to connect with a female protagonists are just narrow-minded. Sorry, there is no other way to put it. If you can't enjoy a game because the person you control is another gender than you, then you have problems.

I'm down for a female character as lead in a AC title, as long as they don't make her some type of hyper-sex symbol. Being sexy is one thing but a game reminding us every chance it gets that this female character supposed to be sexy is a turn off. Also they need to put as much effort in her game as they do the male lead games.

If they do make a AC title with a female lead, I will buy it and play it til my heart's content...

Mr_Shade
01-25-2014, 06:44 PM
Well Liberation proved the sex of the character you play, does not really matter ;)

JunYah7
01-25-2014, 06:45 PM
What 4 different men? You're forgetting all the other AC women's cleavage galore??

Also, there's nothing much to look at the men??

I'm talking about a playable character. I see now I shouldn't have said eye candy. All i meant is that an attractive female lead like Aveline would be nice. Since you female gamers have Altair, Ezio, Connor and Edward.

JunYah7
01-25-2014, 06:46 PM
Well Liberation proved the sex of the character you play, does not really matter ;)

That's what I'm saying. And they can translate that into part of the main series.

Shahkulu101
01-25-2014, 07:01 PM
To be fair the most oversexualized protagonist we've ever had is Ratonhaketon in TOKW. And before you say it was traditional attire can I ask then why none of the others bared so much flesh and why he wore it during the winter?

Nobody complained about that - double standards. And yet Silver causes a hoo-ha because Anne shows some cleavage. :p Before anyone says anything, oversexualisation is wrong in general unless sex is the main theme of whatever product, even games.

Mr_Shade
01-25-2014, 07:03 PM
I suppose it also depends on if you consider a mans chest to be 'sexual' - if that's the case, most builders should be arrested ;)

silvermercy
01-25-2014, 07:06 PM
To be fair the most oversexualized protagonist we've ever had is Ratonhaketon in TOKW. And before you say it was traditional attire can I ask then why none of the others bared so much flesh and why he wore it during the winter?

Nobody complained about that - double standards. And yet Silver causes a hoo-ha because Anne shows some cleavage. :p Before anyone says anything, oversexualisation is wrong in general unless sex is the main theme of whatever product, even games.
Maybe they didn't want to go to the extra trouble to design an extra outfit just for a DLC. Or because some Native Americans also were able to withstand cold winter temperatures. Also, I don't see how male chests are sexualised or over-sexualised when compared to women's?

Male chests are NOT sexualized. If that was the case, all men going shirtless would get arrested.

MnemonicSyntax
01-25-2014, 07:09 PM

Most of that though was to show the tattoos that appeared after earning each animal power. Granted, they weren't necessary, but the visual change was present and on parts ot the body that needed to be seen to get that point across.

Also, Aveline wasn't really sexualized at all. The only thing that bothered me about her was the way she would flap her hands like chicken wings when she was free running.