PDA

View Full Version : AC4: Black Flag double counters

StocktonBrawler
01-18-2014, 07:21 PM
I'm a long time lurker, I loved AC3's double counters (best part of the game in my opinion) and I know that some think that double counters are virtually non-existent in Black Flag - something that couldn't be farther from the truth. Provided you know what you're doing, they can happen quite frequently - almost as much as 3.

First off, double counters CAN happen during ship boardings but they are rare due to the fact that your enemies are preoccupied with fighting your crewmen.

Double counters are much, much, much more frequent on land (be it a major city or a remote island). In order for a double counter to take place you need to be in combat with at least three people. If you block your opponents attacks long enough, they will attack simultaneously allowing you to double counter.

FYI, If you notice, while you're playing, when you get into combat with a number of enemies (let's say 10), only three or four will engage you. The other 6 or 7 will usually block off the street your on or they will wait in the background until someone dies (and then take their space).

StocktonBrawler
01-18-2014, 07:35 PM
Forgot to say, if you are attacking one person with your back to the other two, the other two behind you will both simultaneously attack you 10 times out of 10.