PDA

View Full Version : Rescuing people in the ocean AC4

lame--sauce
01-18-2014, 06:35 AM
Hey guys! So I've been wondering for a while now what's the point of rescuing the stranded people in the ocean while you're sailing around? Is there a point or is it just for fun?

poptartz20
01-18-2014, 07:24 AM
no.. actually it adds people to your crew. Lol.

And the more crew members you have the quicker your ammo reloads on your boat!

HiddenKiller612
01-18-2014, 07:46 AM
-adds to your crew
- Simulates the end of Cast away, minus Wilson.

lame--sauce
01-18-2014, 07:47 AM
Oh wow, that's awesome! Because I rescue all of the people I come across but I had no idea why I was doing it, haha. Initially, I thought that it added to my crew but then I didn't notice any changes with my boat and fleet. Guess I just wasn't looking hard enough--thanks again:D

lame--sauce
01-18-2014, 07:54 AM
-adds to your crew
- Simulates the end of Cast away, minus Wilson.

Lmao, perfect
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qAmENf1FnE4/UJBeYBSAcEI/AAAAAAAACB0/HVRxyPaH3PU/s1600/Wilson%2BFloats%2BAway.jpg

IWGCJoeCool
01-21-2014, 02:53 AM
if you have a full crew (maxx 40) you are pretty much wasting your time with rescues, except that sometimes a floundering person icon is also hiding a booty float as well.

SenseHomunculus
01-21-2014, 03:10 AM
So how many of you at some point had Edward jump overboard and try to swim over to the little dude on the raft? I was hoping we could actually climb up onto the raft with the stranded guy, thought that would have been pretty cool. :p

SixKeys
01-21-2014, 03:31 AM
So how many of you at some point had Edward jump overboard and try to swim over to the little dude on the raft? I was hoping we could actually climb up onto the raft with the stranded guy, thought that would have been pretty cool. :p

What happens if you do? Do they just disappear?

Assassin_M
01-21-2014, 03:33 AM
What happens if you do? Do they just disappear?
They get added to the crew, yeah..Just like how you collect them on your ship

LoyalACFan
01-21-2014, 03:39 AM
They do join your crew, but since you also get crew members from boarding ships and rescuing them in towns, you'll probably have a full crew at all times. I did, unless I got hit by a rogue wave or waterspout and found a castaway immediately afterward.

SixKeys
01-21-2014, 04:01 AM
They get added to the crew, yeah..Just like how you collect them on your ship

Or MAYBE....it was just a mirage brought on by seasickness and the warm sun glaring down on Edward.

bitebug2003
01-21-2014, 04:20 AM
Adds to the 'Cannon Fodder' trophy/achievement too - recruit 500 crew members

jeffies04
01-21-2014, 12:06 PM
Sometimes when my crew is over a quarter low I avoid the floaters and head to Kingston/Nassau/Havana to save them from execution which is a lot more fun. Except the guy passing the sentence in Havana has a British accent which is just weird.

SenseHomunculus
01-21-2014, 01:15 PM
Or MAYBE....it was just a mirage brought on by seasickness and the warm sun glaring down on Edward.

THAT'S why Edward should ALWAYS be wearing his hood. AND sunscreen.

SenseHomunculus
01-21-2014, 01:16 PM
Sometimes when my crew is over a quarter low I avoid the floaters and head to Kingston/Nassau/Havana to save them from execution which is a lot more fun. Except the guy passing the sentence in Havana has a British accent which is just weird.

Yeah, me too! I like doing the "save the pirates" things. Shooting that noose off him is very satisfying. :p

LoyalACFan
01-21-2014, 06:07 PM

I like these too, but I basically have to deliberately get hammered by rogue waves and waterspouts to make them happen.

I wish there was a "Fire Everyone" option so you could replenish your crew as often as you like :p

SixKeys
01-21-2014, 06:13 PM
I like these too, but I basically have to deliberately get hammered by rogue waves and waterspouts to make them happen.

I wish there was a "Fire Everyone" option so you could replenish your crew as often as you like :p

Haha, yes. Make Edward get so drunk he starts fighting his entire crew, then the next morning he has to go around re-hiring because they all quit.

jeffies04
01-24-2014, 01:06 PM
Or an option to leave some marooned somewhere, which actually, is pretty realistic as to what would commonly happen to the crews of ships that were taken.