PDA

View Full Version : Safety for Minors Online? UBI?

jdepatie
01-18-2014, 02:21 AM
Love the Creed, as a father and grandfather, I bought and played Creed 4, played and finished YaY!

Figured I would try this online against live players, almost fun, till I noticed my TAG???

When I noticed my TAG, I tried to change it, UBI,, what are you thinking???

My TAG SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN DEFAULT WHAT SO EVER!!!

Such a security issue with such a simple solution. You are exposing MINORS, with real time information to anyone that wants it!!!

Where is the security for my kids, and my grandkids, for such a bunch of talented people, you forgot to protect those that dont protect themselves.

I went online till I noticed this OVERSITE, and wont let any of my kids play again till it is fixed.

If it doesnt get fixed, very well, I will make sure my kids, and Grand Kids have nothing to do with UBI.

I do enjoy the series, and feel very let down that such an awesome product has such a fatal flaw. I do mean FATAL FLAW!!!

Please fix the flaw to protect, everyone.

Thank you

Very Concerned Grand Pappy.

Black_Widow9
01-18-2014, 06:47 AM
Hello and welcome to the Forums :)
What do you mean by TAG?

Syr.Jake
01-18-2014, 06:14 PM
Welcome to the Internet, where it is the parents responsibility to ensure the safety and security of their children.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/search.jsp?searchType=title&titleOrPublisher=Assassin%27s+Creed

If you are fully willing to allow a child under the age of 17 to play AC, then you should not be shocked when they are exposed to something that is not intended for young children.

Man up and accept responsibility for the lives you bring into this world, and please refrain from asking everyone else to dumb down the game/system/internet just because you choose to ignore the Ratings System that is designed and put into place to alert parents/grandparents/guardians to the types of content that is included.

John_Mann
01-18-2014, 08:07 PM
Welcome to the Internet, where it is the parents responsibility to ensure the safety and security of their children.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/search.jsp?searchType=title&titleOrPublisher=Assassin's+Creed

This + at what point are you forced to put real information in your account (except for payment purposes, but that's not visible to anyone else)? In fact, at what point is it ever a good idea to put real information about yourself online?

The inability to change your "tag" is a bit annoying and outdated but very much not a safety issue, and even less an issue "for minors".

Tully__
01-19-2014, 03:42 AM
Further, in the Ubisoft Terms of Use (http://ubi.com/AU/Info/Info.aspx?tagname=TermsOfUse) to which you agree when signing up for your account:

2. ACCOUNT
2.1. Creation of Your Account.
(c) Certain Services may require the creation of a username or an avatar and they will be linked to your Account and publicly displayed. We therefore advise you not to include your surname in your username.

Edit: The same or similar warning is repeated in other places such as the Forum Rules (sticky topic at or near the top of each forum), UPlay signup and other pages requiring registration.

YazX_
01-19-2014, 04:27 PM
im not sure whats wrong with ya grandpa, AC games are 18+ and this warning is published on all content released for this game whether trailers, game, websites....., meaning only an ADULT can play it, if you are willing to allow your children and grandchildren to play it, then it is your responsibility to secure the content for them and don't complain about it, DUH!!!

btw, wtf is THE TAG?

Tully__
01-20-2014, 10:25 AM
btw, wtf is THE TAG?
Depending on exact context, username / playername / avatar / display name.

YazX_
01-20-2014, 12:44 PM
Depending on exact context, username / playername / avatar / display name.

yah i guess he is talking about username that also refers to your gamertag, he is right in just one point which is not being able to change it as several people including myself would like to change our gamertag but couldnt, this has been reported several times to UPlay feedback thread hopefully they will implement it soon.