PDA

View Full Version : CD Key already in use with another UPlay Account - 7 days and no solution

salvego
01-17-2014, 05:43 PM
[UPDATE]

After a long 15 day struggle with Ubisoft support I was able to activate the game and play it using my Steam account.

Thanks to the mods of this forum I was able to get faster answers from support.

Thanks again! Now let me play my Assassins Creed 3!!! See ya!

[ORIGINAL POST]

Hello!

On January 11st I opened a ticket regarding a problem with the activation of my AC3 on Uplay.

When I tried to run for the first time my copy of Assassins Creed III that I have on my Steam account, I put the CD-key provided by Steam on uPlay and I got the message "This CD Key or Activation Code is already in use with another UPlay Account."

Of course, I only have ONE Uplay account and I didn't use that CD-key anywhere. Actually the first time I saw the key I put it on Uplay and I got the error message.

I've already sent all my data to Ubisoft support, full name, proof of purchase, cd-key screenshot etc. Today It's been 7 days and still Ubisoft support didn't solve my problem.

My support ticket #01012136.

I would be glad if someone here in the forums could help me.

Thanks in advance.

YazX_
01-17-2014, 07:48 PM
no one can help you in this except support, PM forums mods (Mr_Shade or Black_Widow) and link them to this thread.

salvego
01-17-2014, 07:58 PM
no one can help you in this except support, PM forums mods (Mr_Shade or Black_Widow) and link them to this thread.

Well, you helped me!!! Thanks! I will send a PM to mods as suggested.

Thanks!

Black_Widow9
01-18-2014, 04:27 AM
I just sent you a PM. ;)

ROFLBOT
01-20-2014, 10:27 AM
I've got a similar problem, I claimed the game with a coupon I got from a friend and I installed the game and started playing it, no problems. Though when I press SHIFT+F2 it says "Activate Product" so I enter the product code and it says it's already activated so that left me confused. But I still got all the things that came with the game like Sacrifice Island and such. So I'm wondering is that a bug or am I missing couple of extras for my game by not "activating the product".

YazX_
01-20-2014, 12:41 PM
I've got a similar problem, I claimed the game with a coupon I got from a friend and I installed the game and started playing it, no problems. Though when I press SHIFT+F2 it says "Activate Product" so I enter the product code and it says it's already activated so that left me confused. But I still got all the things that came with the game like Sacrifice Island and such. So I'm wondering is that a bug or am I missing couple of extras for my game by not "activating the product".

no its not a bug, you can activate keys in UPlay overlay as well, on the left side you will see options like friends, achievements,.... click on one of those and the activate product screen will disappear.

ROFLBOT
01-20-2014, 02:42 PM
no its not a bug, you can activate keys in UPlay overlay as well, on the left side you will see options like friends, achievements,.... click on one of those and the activate product screen will disappear.

Yep, there it goes again when I pressed on "unlock content".
http://puu.sh/6rCLZ.png

Mr_Shade
01-20-2014, 04:30 PM
for key issues, you should be in touch with support:

www.support.ubi.com

YazX_
01-21-2014, 12:52 AM
Yep, there it goes again when I pressed on "unlock content".
http://puu.sh/6rCLZ.png

in AC4, the content will be unlocked once you activate your main game key unlike previous ACs where you have to enter your key twice as first for game and the second for extra contents, so thats why you see this message as the key has been already activated with all contents and you are already verified that you have these contents in game, so you are good to go.

ROFLBOT
01-21-2014, 10:45 AM
in AC4, the content will be unlocked once you activate your main game key unlike previous ACs where you have to enter your key twice as first for game and the second for extra contents, so thats why you see this message as the key has been already activated with all contents and you are already verified that you have these contents in game, so you are good to go.
Then how come the "Activate Product" does not go away?

YazX_
01-21-2014, 04:08 PM
Then how come the "Activate Product" does not go away?

as i said, you still can activate any key within UPlay overlay, consider it a feature that you can activate keys while playing and not required to exit the game and do it from main UPlay UI.

GeorgeNight
01-22-2014, 05:00 PM
Is there anyone who speak romanian ?

ALhaknslash
01-22-2014, 05:56 PM
I am having the same issue except I DO have a Uplay account. It is tied to my PS4 (yet it says PS3 on here despite me not owning a PS3 lol) so I'm not sure why my activation key is saying it's already in use when I trying to activate a PC version of the game. I have created the support ticket last week and I haven't heard from anyone. I even "bumped" my support ticket by adding new comments hoping someone would get in touch with me with Ubisoft Support. If a mod can somehow escalate my case or get support to contact me that would be great!!!

Case reference number 01028662

Shame I've got this nice GTX 780 now but no way to see AC4 in all it's beautiful glory :(

msjjessup
01-23-2014, 12:31 AM
#ROFLBOT

I have the exact same issue. Got a free copy with a purchase of a new Nvidea Graphics Adapter and got the same error. I did also try to download the product but I then get an error regardining an Internet connection problem. I have been completely unable to access the game. Same experience opening a "Support" case (using that term lightly as I haven't seen any).

Wrath2Zero
01-26-2014, 07:51 AM
I didn't have to put my key in the activation option because the games were already in Uplay, it must have done it via registration of the 2 game keys.

YazX_
01-26-2014, 10:01 AM
I didn't have to put my key in the activation option because the games were already in Uplay, it must have done it via registration of the 2 game keys.

yep, if you bought any Ubisoft game from Ubishop it will automatically register under your account.

salvego
01-27-2014, 11:49 PM
After a long 15 day struggle with Ubisoft support I was able to activate the game and play it using my Steam account.

Mr_Shade
01-28-2014, 01:08 PM
Glad you have resolved the problem!

skywalker0520
01-29-2014, 06:47 PM
So I am having a similar problem with the activation keys but instead of it being the initial game its the SP Packs (Resources Pack) Ive recently bought 5 of them, out of the 5 only one worked that actually
downloaded into game. The rest it says the keys are already in use. I had inputed 4 of the keys at once hoping that they all would register (since it has an option to activate another Key after activating one) So I did, come to see only 1 of them downloaded into game with a Tech pack I also purchased. So come today I bought another Resource pack and a Collec Pack. The Collec pack downloaded into game with no problems and is active ingame. With the newly bought Resource pack the Key worked and let me activate it but as logging back into Single Player it did not prompt me to download the Resource Pack, so right now I am missing 4 Resource packs. (Just if someone does say: If only one can be activated on an account there should be a warning or Uplay should prevent any extra purchases on the account to prevent issues like mine) So I am missing a total of 2k Resources, already put a ticket in for it and no responce yet

Mr_Shade
01-29-2014, 06:50 PM
Please allow them a few days to reply - they normally aim to reply within 48 hours, however this can be longer in peak times.

If you still have no replies by Friday, please do PM me with a short message about the issue and your ticket reference and I will escalate it.

skywalker0520
01-29-2014, 06:53 PM
I will wait till friday for a reply. Dont mind waiting as long as I get what I paid for

TheAlabrehon
03-25-2015, 07:55 PM
Hello

Last week I bought a new copy of Assasins Creed Brotherhood and after installing it I get the message "CD key already in use". I have only one Uplay account and the game was sealed in the shop. After long discussions with UBI support, the conclusion was that my CD key was activated somewhere in France and they suggested me to give it back to the seller.

I don't think that it is normal that some guy in France downloaded the game from internet and used a random key could play it and the person who legally paid for the game is blocked.

Mr_Shade - thank you for the support, 5 minutes after my message to you, UBI support contact me.

Passburger
04-18-2015, 09:11 PM
I bought my physical copy of assassin's creed unity the other day, "special edition with The Chemical Revolution". The key for the game itself works fine, but the Chemical Revolution one claims to already be in use.
Any help from support/mods/IT-demigods is welcome.
Much obliged.

UPDATE:
SO now after sending a copy of my receipt and a picture of the game keys itself. Support tell me that the very key i got from a SEALED product is already in use by a username and e-mail address that aren't mine. On top of all that instead of giving me a solution they blame it on the store I bought it from and tell me to talk to the store about it.
Seriously, is the retailer really the one to blame when UBIsoft package used keys in their physical copies of games?
Stay classy UBI.....

LegoKidBuster
09-08-2015, 03:21 AM
[UPDATE]

[ORIGINAL POST]

Hello!

On January 11st I opened a ticket regarding a problem with the activation of my AC3 on Uplay.

When I tried to run for the first time my copy of Assassins Creed III that I have on my Steam account, I put the CD-key provided by Steam on uPlay and I got the message "This CD Key or Activation Code is already in use with another UPlay Account."

Of course, I only have ONE Uplay account and I didn't use that CD-key anywhere. Actually the first time I saw the key I put it on Uplay and I got the error message.

I've already sent all my data to Ubisoft support, full name, proof of purchase, cd-key screenshot etc. Today It's been 7 days and still Ubisoft support didn't solve my problem.

My support ticket #01012136.

I would be glad if someone here in the forums could help me.

Thanks in advance.

What did they tell you to do to fix it? :confused: :confused:

Mr_Shade
09-08-2015, 12:25 PM
What did they tell you to do to fix it? :confused: :confused:

Hi, welcome to the forums!

You need to talk to the support them yourself, since things can be different for different people.

www.support.ubi.com

Select 'My Questions' on the left and then 'Ask a Question' at the top - this will allow you to open a support ticket - or you can call them, using the information on the page.