PDA

View Full Version : I'm amazed!

fredyellowone
01-17-2014, 01:24 AM
(No, I'm not talking about Sir Paul)

I know a lot of people are writing threads about how much they are not happy about the DLCs. Well, I thought it would be a good idea to say something positive instead. Something of my own.

Here it is : Ubisoft : great work!

The store is full of great songs. And I'm sure everyone will be able - at some point - to find their own. :D

MoldyRhyme94061
01-17-2014, 01:50 AM
Agreed. I think it has been a great range of dlc offerings. I have really enjoyed playing (or trying to play) just about every song I have purchased. I took some risks buying songs from bands I'm not usually a fan of or didn't know much about, but have had a great time learning new songs. I can now say I am a Muse fan and am starting to like Disturbed. Prior to the game I had never really given either a chance.

C.Linton
01-17-2014, 03:27 AM
Indeed. Even an old fart like me found a bunch of older R+B and classic rock tunes (Who pack FTW) that I always wanted to learn but never got around to. There's even a good number of newer songs I'm enjoying.

daddy_felix
01-17-2014, 10:34 AM
@Zooropa_Statzion dlc requests are not allowed here. Please use the facebook app (don't need a fb account)

Zooropa_Station
01-17-2014, 07:25 PM
RS have done impeccably by my standards; they have about 7 of my top 15 bands! Just got into Muse and Radiohead last month, so the timing was perfect.

@Zooropa_Statzion dlc requests are not allowed here. Please use the facebook app (don't need a fb account)

Was is not relevant to the OP? "I'm sure everyone will be able - at some point - to find their own" I understand that requests are taken on fb, but I just wanted to say what DLC would make make me "amazed" or delighted to have.

C.Linton
01-17-2014, 09:20 PM
RS have done impeccably by my standards; they have about 7 of my top 15 bands! Just got into Muse and Radiohead last month, so the timing was perfect.

Was is not relevant to the OP? "I'm sure everyone will be able - at some point - to find their own" I understand that requests are taken on fb, but I just wanted to say what DLC would make make me "amazed" or delighted to have.

That's pretty much a request, it's just a roundabout way of wording it.

CaliCasey
01-18-2014, 01:27 AM
Agreed! There have been some great DLC releases! Keep em coming Ubisoft!

fredyellowone
01-18-2014, 01:53 AM
Without asking for a particular DLC, would it be ok to say something along the lines of : "I think there is not enough music from the 1950s."

rawted1
01-18-2014, 07:21 AM
I have to agree, I actually prefer the DLC stuff better than what the game came with. Downloaded about 30 songs already.
:cool:

Dizzyg12
01-18-2014, 07:50 AM
Waaaayyyy better additions than RS1 was putting out. The new tunings and techniques available really opened up the game.

rockstonicus
01-18-2014, 02:36 PM
I have found lots of DLC quite good. I love Muse, Radiohead, The Who, Oasis, Aerosmith. They're all good in my book. And, according to what we've seen, there are still a lot of very good bands on RS2014 that will still have DLC. Like Weezer, another personal favorite.

C.Linton
01-18-2014, 04:44 PM
Without asking for a particular DLC, would it be ok to say something along the lines of : "I think there is not enough music from the 1950s."

I think that might be OK, as long as you don't get more specific than that. I would still be careful bout that though.

Duggle-SD
01-18-2014, 05:05 PM
I think it's completely acceptable to say "I wish there was more dlc, hope they're putting out more dlc this year". Anything more specific is iffy.

Marauder359
01-18-2014, 06:27 PM
There's a difference between a request and a discussion... well, there is everywhere in the world except here, I suppose.

LexarNoonan
01-18-2014, 09:02 PM
There is some DLC I'm interested in but here in the UK we don't have as much available.

When I go to the steam store and search Rocksmith then set filters to; Downloadable Content for PC it returns 252 items, I suspect the US store has a good number more, including the blues hits pack you lucky people.

Marauder359
01-19-2014, 05:04 AM
I suspect the US store has a good number more, including the blues hits pack you lucky people.

I don't think that's true...

LexarNoonan
01-19-2014, 02:04 PM
I don't think that's true...

You can't buy the Blues hits pack in the US either?

This wiki page is all kinds of wrong; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocksmith_DLC

How many items are in the US Steam store (http://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_4_4__12&term=rocksmith#term=rocksmith&category1=21&os=win&sort_order=ASC&page=1) then? -can't check from here, guess they detect country and currency through my IP.

Brick235
01-19-2014, 04:55 PM
When I go to the steam store and search Rocksmith then set filters to; Downloadable Content for PC it returns 252 items, I suspect the US store has a good number more, including the blues hits pack you lucky people.

I'm in the US. Just went to the steam store and filtered by DLC. 252 items. It doesn't look like the "blues hits" were a pack. Those were sold as individual songs for RS1.

LexarNoonan
01-19-2014, 06:18 PM
Thanks for looking Brick,

Looks like they just stopped doing multi-artist packs altogether then, shame.

Marauder359
01-19-2014, 07:33 PM
Yeah, as far as I understand it, they only have single artist packs now... Additionally, other than the platform specific issues, I think everything is supposed to be released everywhere. That doesn't mean it is, but there aren't certain songs or packs that Ubisoft itself is restricting from any market... if there's a restriction in place it's from your platform.

C.Linton
01-19-2014, 10:47 PM
Fortunately, those songs are all still available, you just won't get a discount for buying them in a pack.

Marauder359
01-19-2014, 11:31 PM
Which kind of makes up for those individual DLC songs that were released, only to be retroactively included in a pack later on... but that's another story. lol Point is, all the songs should be available unless there's something specific about your system or region.

RichTheMighty
01-20-2014, 01:55 AM
My wife would never do the math on what her shoe collection costs. I in turn will never try to work out what I have spent on DLC. Every week is exciting though, thanks Ubisoft.

hokus4000
01-20-2014, 08:46 PM
What i would like to see continue in DLC's: Celebrate the diversity of Rock Music !! From the oldest classics to the new and fresh experimentals, from easy-peasy to super HARD, from big hits to small time bands.

And here is one for free, maybe try and setup some more shops for creating DLC around the globe, i think Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Scandinavia (where im from) would welcome some of their local heroes as DLC !!

C.Linton
01-21-2014, 09:04 AM
What i would like to see continue in DLC's: Celebrate the diversity of Rock Music !! From the oldest classics to the new and fresh experimentals, from easy-peasy to super HARD, from big hits to small time bands.

And here is one for free, maybe try and setup some more shops for creating DLC around the globe, i think Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Scandinavia (where im from) would welcome some of their local heroes as DLC !!
No.
Ubisoft discourages custom songs quite adamantly.
They don't like it even being discussed on these forums, so be careful

toymachinesh
01-21-2014, 01:29 PM
I don't think that's what Hokus was saying personally.

plissken99
01-21-2014, 08:11 PM
I had some extra $$ from relatives over Xmas, and finally decided I would go and get all the DLC I had been neglecting. Now keep in mind, I'd gotten quite a bit since the original 2011 release, and was taking advantage of those discounts leading up to RS 2014. When all was said and done I spend $147 in DLC in one sitting! Xmas money or not, it was a bit nauseating lol. However when I consider that 2 months of guitar lessons would have set me back at least that much, it becomes perfectly worth while.

I'll definitely be sure to get new stuff as it comes out...:eek:

hokus4000
01-21-2014, 09:36 PM
No.
Ubisoft discourages custom songs quite adamantly.
They don't like it even being discussed on these forums, so be careful

Hi ...Cliff

This was absolutely not regarding anything sinister, - I am talking official Ubisoft DLC, they allready have some Japanese, - why not some European or Latin Rock. It is not written in stone that all must come from a studio in San Fransico ? I'm shure Ubisoft could hire some talent in Paris or Berlin to negotiate contracts and some Dev's to get educated in mapping songs. Game studios outsource stuff all the time. It was mor an idea for even greater diversty in music, and maybe selling more copies of the "Game" as well.

C.Linton
01-22-2014, 01:26 PM
Yeah, not going to happen. It's not financially viable for Ubisoft to allocate money and resources to anything other than already known artists and songs.

Brendever
01-22-2014, 07:50 PM
I think the DLC released for RS1 was much more diverse and generally more appealing to a wider audience. If you don't appreciate classic rock, metal, 2000s rock or 1990s pop-rock then the 2014 DLC isn't for you

thoman23
01-22-2014, 10:43 PM
I think the DLC released for RS1 was much more diverse and generally more appealing to a wider audience. If you don't appreciate classic rock, metal, 2000s rock or 1990s pop-rock then the 2014 DLC isn't for you

Hmm, you just covered 100% of my CD/mp3 collection with those genres. Well, except for Pass the Dutchie and The Human League I guess. But those might be best forgotten.

plissken99
01-23-2014, 08:39 AM
LOL, I was gonna say, whats left outside of classic rock, metal and 90's to 2000's pop rock?

KinchBlade
01-23-2014, 10:36 AM
Yeah, not going to happen. It's not financially viable for Ubisoft to allocate money and resources to anything other than already known artists and songs.

Quite the dogmatic post there :D
You a big Acidman (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/826112-Shinsekai-(New-World)-by-ACIDMAN-hits-Rocksmith-on-February-18th-2014?p=9499718&viewfull=1#post9499718)or Golden Bomber fan? I'd love to have gotten odds from you 6 months ago on those appearing as DLC.

C.Linton
01-24-2014, 01:57 PM
Quite the dogmatic post there :D
You a big Acidman (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/826112-Shinsekai-(New-World)-by-ACIDMAN-hits-Rocksmith-on-February-18th-2014?p=9499718&viewfull=1#post9499718)or Golden Bomber fan? I'd love to have gotten odds from you 6 months ago on those appearing as DLC.

Never heard of 'em. :D
Those are Japanese bands are they not? I'm going to assume they're in the game because they ARE hits over in Japan, and therefore not as risky a proposition for Ubisoft.

Marauder359
01-25-2014, 12:08 PM
Never heard of 'em. :D
Those are Japanese bands are they not? I'm going to assume they're in the game because they ARE hits over in Japan, and therefore not as risky a proposition for Ubisoft.

Right, but the only way for your comment to be accurate would be for there to exist no hits generated within Europe or Latin America for those markets... and, I assure you, Europe and Latin America both produce hits for their respective markets... just like the Japanese tracks are, as you pointed out, in Japan... So, if Japanese DLC is a done deal, the OP is just asking for other markets to be represented.

The better response would be to point out that the Japanese rock market is the second largest in the world, far larger than probably Europe and Latin America's rock market combined.

KinchBlade
01-25-2014, 01:12 PM
Right, but the only way for your comment to be accurate would be for there to exist no hits generated within Europe or Latin America for those markets... and, I assure you, Europe and Latin America both produce hits for their respective markets... just like the Japanese tracks are, as you pointed out, in Japan... So, if Japanese DLC is a done deal, the OP is just asking for other markets to be represented.

Precisely so.

The better response would be to point out that the Japanese rock market is the second largest in the world, far larger than probably Europe and Latin America's rock market combined.

Not (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_industry#Total_value_by_country)so precise, apparently. :D But I didn't have a clue that Japan was such a huge market until I looked it up.

Marauder359
01-25-2014, 01:26 PM
Not (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_industry#Total_value_by_country)so precise, apparently. :D

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your response, but that link did support almost exactly what I said... The market sales for the US were, in millions, 4481.8 while Japan was 4422.0.

As listed, here are the rest of Europe and Latin America:
UK - 1325.7
Germany - 1297.9
France - 907.6
Brazil - 257.2
Italy - 217.5
Netherlands - 216.3
Sweden - 176.7
Spain - 166.6
Mexico - 144.5
Switzerland - 128.5
Belgium - 121.5
Norway - 118.3
Austria - 96.2

Combined, that's 5174.5... which is not that much more than 4422... and if you remove Portuguese speaking Brazil, it dips to 4917.3... Which is to say, the entirety of Europe and Latin America combined is larger, but not by a whole lot, and certainly not enough to justify language or culture specific DLC, particularly with the Japanese DLC as the predicate for the request. It's apples and oranges.

Not to mention, that's a listing of the music industry, not necessarily rock music or music that would be of interest to anyone playing RS... So, yeah, you have Mexico on the list, but what percentage of that is rock music vs other cultural music?

If, however, I misunderstood your "not so precise", then carry on :)

KinchBlade
01-25-2014, 01:45 PM
The figures certainly support your assertion that Japan is a huge market
The figures don't support the phrase "far larger"
However, I have things to do, as you say it doesn't distinguish by genre.
So I'm happy to leave it at that if you are http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/biggrin.png

Marauder359
01-25-2014, 01:48 PM
The figures certainly support your assertion that Japan is a huge market
The figures don't support the phrase "far larger"
However, I have things to do, as you say it doesn't distinguish by genre.
So I'm happy to leave it at that if you are :D

That's true... I could quibble and point out that the UK shouldn't really be included, which would highly skew even those numbers, but yeah, it was certainly a bit of hyperbole with a probably thrown in... but while I think the point stands, it's not something to spend any additional time on. :)

KinchBlade
01-25-2014, 02:06 PM
Yeah - absolutely your point stands
I hadn't meant to be so quibblesome but I'm a sucker for balanced phrases so once I had a "precisely" I was powerless to resist its evil twin.. :-)

Marauder359
01-25-2014, 02:56 PM
My good twin's around somewhere... ;)

AndrewHutch
01-28-2014, 07:12 PM
Given the populations, those figures seem to suggest that people in the US are paying too much for their music!

hokus4000
01-29-2014, 02:46 PM
From the sales figurers from another thread in the forum (1mio copies sold!), - it seem like the market for some "national" DLC might be better in Europe than in Japan:

VGCharts, RS2014:

North America 660.000
Europe 270.000
Japan 30.000
Rest of World 110.000

KinchBlade
01-29-2014, 03:34 PM
Excellent. As you clearly point out, music sales and RS DLC sales are not the same thing - I'd kinda lost track of that.
Which begs the question why J_Rock bands and not the biggest band in Russia, France or Brazil? They obviously have some reasoning behind it.

toymachinesh
01-29-2014, 03:46 PM
Maybe because Japanese music has been a mostly untapped market with these games and Nao Higo's background in the game industry got them to actually sit down with him.

Marauder359
01-30-2014, 02:36 AM
From the sales figurers from another thread in the forum (1mio copies sold!), - it seem like the market for some "national" DLC might be better in Europe than in Japan:

VGCharts, RS2014:

North America 660.000
Europe 270.000
Japan 30.000
Rest of World 110.000

How much of that 270,000 is the UK? Probably quite a hefty, hefty chunk of it.