PDA

View Full Version : AC 4 Game finish -(slight spoilers)

Radia900
01-16-2014, 08:13 PM
Yesterday The Pirateering days came to a sad end. As I did the final mission at the end. Then took down the last legendary ship El Impoluto
and with Ann's ending farewell song. I admit was teary-eyed. I can officially say I'm in the usual - post partum games end depression mode, that ensues after finishing all the AC's...Lol

In retro, I can say it was definitley another excellent game and story. With in my opinion: was the best AC game soundtrack yet. "Pyrates Beware" being my favorite track.
So much, that I want to learn that piece on the Violin. So that's the upnote: AC 4 will be tributed thru the Violin.

The only regret in the game, is that I really would've wanted to see Blackbeard go to the end with Edward. He was taken out too early, in my opinion.

On a curious note: Who else gets this game ending post-partum depression?

SixKeys
01-16-2014, 08:16 PM
Yesterday The Pirateering days came to a sad end. As I did the final mission at the end. Then took down the last legendary ship El Impoluto
and with Ann's ending farewell song. I admit was teary-eyed. I can officially say I'm in the usual - post partum games end depression mode, that ensues after finishing all the AC's...Lol

In retro, I can say it was definitley another excellent game and story. With in my opinion: was the best AC game soundtrack yet. "Pyrates Beware" being my favorite track.
So much, that I want to learn that piece on the Violin. So that's the upnote: AC 4 will be tributed thru the Violin.

The only regret in the game, is that I really would've wanted to see Blackbeard go to the end with Edward. He was taken out too early, in my opinion.

Blackbeard couldn't have gone to the end with Edward. Historically he died at the time and place he does in the game.

I don't really get depressed post-game, but there's usually a point where I can tell the game is starting to near its conclusion. If it's a great game, at that point I sort of panic and start to do everything in my power to make the experience last longer.

Radia900
01-16-2014, 08:24 PM
Good point. I never did read far into any aspect of Blackbeards legacy in history. And of course I did'nt see the original 1st "Pirates of the Carribean".
But if that's how history has it..So be it. I'm good with it. and Yes, that "conclusion panic" I think everyone has...That's when you want to draw it out as long as you possibly can...Strange how
the human psyche works :-)

RoBg03
01-16-2014, 08:30 PM

yeah, its usually a bit depressing when a good games over. i was trying to explain this to my dad who doesn't play video games about that the other day. i get the same feeling when i finish a really good book or book series. I think you have a pretty big misunderstanding of what post-partum depression is though...

Radia900
01-16-2014, 08:44 PM
Right, I know the real meaning of PPD. Not that I was ever pregnant. It was just my relative definition...I guess you could say It should be called.
"Post Game Depression" Wow, now I'll bet Ubisoft is gonna start a support group for that..Lol

crappyjazz
01-16-2014, 08:47 PM
"Conclusion panic" ... that is a perfect description.

I'm lucky that as a slow old lady with little spare time these games take me a good long while to complete. This one is the first AC I'm trying to get 100% on because I don't want it to end. I'm so very disappointed that MP isn't about ship battles because I would be playing that a lot.