PDA

View Full Version : Please help me

DrwHem
01-16-2014, 08:18 AM
i just lsot another day of gameplay. i went from 20% to 2% i have already disabled cloud syncing. i went and tried to find where save games are located but it wasnt updating those and when i quit the game it didnt save. please what the hell is happening? i just lost 14 hours of gameplay and i dont think i can re-do all those missions again and again and again.
where teh **** are teh support forums i want to talk to an ubisoft employee.

UbiVolfbane
01-16-2014, 06:01 PM
I am sorry to hear that you had this issue. Sadly, if you are unable to locate the save data, it could have became corrupt or saved over. Please be sure that you are careful when exiting the game. Please do not exit the game while the game is saving. Please keep in mind that using any ingame-cheats will disable game saving. Please be sure to double check that cloud sync is unselected in the Uplay client. Also, please try locating the save files here: https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ecGmCAI
I apologize for the inconvenience. If you continue to experience this issue, please contact your local Support team using the links in my signature below.

YazX_
01-17-2014, 01:03 AM
your issue is not about cloud sync as Ubisoft took it down, i believe that the game cannot write to saves location with "Access is denied" error. you can do the following:

1. Run the game as admin.
2. Check AC4 saves folder - check this thread on how to do that

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/811743-Precaution-to-not-lose-your-saves-and-progress?highlight=precaution

You will see 1.save, 2.save, 3.save,.....

3. Launch the game and let it save.
4. Alt+Tab and navigate to saves folder then sort by DateModified and make sure they are updated same time you started playing. if they were updated, play for 10-20 mins and check the DateModified again.
5. if DateModified is changing, exit the game and check the DateModified again, then relaunch it and see if it saved your progress.
6. if that fixed your issue by running the game as admin, for the first day of playing, do the steps i listed above every hour or so to make sure your progress is saved, if everything is fine, then you no longer need to do anything other than playing :)

you can also check logs to know the exact error if any located at this folder :

x64:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\logs

x86:

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\logs

usually if it failed to read/write it will post an ERROR inside launcher_txt.log stating failed module "OrbitSavegameIO.cpp" and an Error Message.