PDA

View Full Version : After latest update on PS4 ce-34878-0 ERROR

OSXelot
01-16-2014, 01:16 AM
So...I never had a single problem with AC4 on my PS4 but after the latest (automatic) update released yesterday (or dunno when exactly) the famous ce-34878-0 error appears in the second screen (when they warn you about not shutting down when saving)

WHAT THE HELL!

DynaRider
01-16-2014, 02:03 AM
Weird problems with the PS4. I bought a new unit at WalMart got it home and set up, loaded AC4 and almost immediately started getting the 34878 error. Put up with it till the next day when I wiped the hard drive and returned the unit to WalMart and exchanged it for a new one. Since setting up the new unit I have not had one 34878 error although I do get an E-FFFFFFFF indicating the application cannot be started. So far clicking start a few times will get the game going. Can't determine if the problems are software or hardware related. On the first unit I talked with a SONY rep and rebuilt the database but that didn't cure anything. Since the new unit does not produce the error it kind of looks like it might be hardware. If you can exchange your PS4 you might want to pursue that option.

OSXelot
01-16-2014, 05:03 PM
Actually, I've upgraded the HDD to a 1TB one and all my CE-34878-0 errors were gone (never had this error with AC4 before and after the new HDD but I did with BF4, KZ, etc) just had this error with this new update released this week.