PDA

View Full Version : how the **** do i turn off cloud syncing?

DrwHem
01-16-2014, 01:11 AM
so apparently the stupid ****ing cloud syncing ******** jsut overwrote my save file with one from 9 hours ago. 9 ****ING HOURS GONE. how do i turn this ****ing stupid ******** off?

YazX_
01-16-2014, 01:20 AM
as far as i know, the cloud sync is down and not operational due to lots of people reports of losing saves as its not working for me, so i guess Ubisoft took it down until they fix it. Anyway, you turn it off from UPlay options (click on the button at top right corner next to the minimize button), under General Tab --> "Untick" the checkbox reading "Enable Cloud Sync for supported games" (or sth like this).

DrwHem
01-16-2014, 01:26 AM
well it must be on cause it just ****ed me. i had 2 backup saves but it wasnt even reading that they were in the folder. they start with 2 instead on 1.

YazX_
01-16-2014, 12:14 PM
well it must be on cause it just ****ed me. i had 2 backup saves but it wasnt even reading that they were in the folder. they start with 2 instead on 1.

no it must not be on, i always turn it off when playing, and then turn it on when i finish the game to upload my saves then turn it off again.

what do you mean by "they start with 2 instead on 1"?? and what is the folder you are copying your saves to?

DrwHem
01-16-2014, 04:53 PM
wait...you have to turn it on to save the game? no one told me this...wtf

SixKeys
01-16-2014, 05:31 PM
You can turn off cloud syncing in which case your game progress will be saved locally. I always keep cloud sync off since this isn't the first time Uplay has had problems with it.

Go to Uplay > Settings > Uncheck "Enable Cloud Save Sunchronization for supported games".

YazX_
01-17-2014, 12:47 AM
wait...you have to turn it on to save the game? no one told me this...wtf

no no, turn it off, play normally and the game will save locally without uploading your saves to the cloud.

what i meant is, i turn it off and play normally until i FULLY beat the game and get done with it, so now all saves are local and not uploaded to cloud, however, as its a good option to have saves backed up in the cloud incase i lost them, i turn it on , run the game and let it upload them to cloud.