PDA

View Full Version : Old DLC for a newcomer

soul_ache
01-15-2014, 08:55 PM
Hello all!

I've bought new Rocksmith 2014 for PS3 system. I didn't have previous version of Rocksmith.
Can I use DLC from previous version? Where I can buy them? In built-in shop I can only buy new DLCs for 2014 version?

Thanks in advance

Marauder359
01-15-2014, 09:13 PM
DLC should absolutely be available to you. I'm not on PS, but I presume there's something akin to the Xbox Live Marketplace, which is the non-in-game interface where you can buy stuff from any game across the network. That's where you need to go.

As an aside, if you can get RS1 used for cheap on ebay or something like that it's only another $10 beyond that to convert nearly all the songs from RS1 (50+) to RS2014... So, much cheaper than any DLC if you can get RS1 for relatively cheap... Or, even if you know someone who had the game, Ubisoft set up the console versions to only require a game save... So, if a friend has it, borrow it for a day, and it'll only cost you the $10 import fee.

Lastly, the other reason I recommend that is because RS1's setlist was, in many ways, easier than RS2014's... and if you're a beginner, that might work out well for you on top of the money savings per song vs. DLC itself.

Yonda1960
01-15-2014, 09:37 PM
I can confirm what Marauder says, on PS3 there is the PSN store where all the RS1 DLC can be purchased from. The in-game shop is bit hit and miss so I don't normally bother with it.

C.Linton
01-16-2014, 01:47 AM
For me, old RS1 DLC shows up just fine in the in-game shop. You can't buy the old song packs, but you can get those in the PSN store. When looking for RS1 stuff in the PSN store, you need to do a search using the term "Rocksmith" (leave off the 2014).

soul_ache
01-16-2014, 11:01 AM
Guys, Thank you very much for this info. I'll give it a try. I like the idea Maradeur told us about. Sounds interesting