PDA

View Full Version : The Waiting Game Recommendation. (Need an AC Fix?)

STDlyMcStudpants
01-15-2014, 04:13 AM
Hey guys. :)
AC IV was just released and if that wasn't enough Liberation HD is now available for download on console...
BUT if you are still itching for more AC style game play until the next I have discovered quite the game.. Please don't laugh ;D
I recently picked up a game from 2008 for PS3, 360, and PC
Called - Viking: Battle For Asgard
Now I will say this...if you game for story, don't play..the story sucks, BUT if you enjoy the chores and elements of AC you may enjoy this game.
For as early as it is in the past gen console cycle, I'm surprised how many elements are in it that we now see in AC games
(THERE IS NO PARKOUR/BUILDING CLIMBING)
BUT there are caves and sections to explore it is very stealth/combat based with a dash of fantasy elements (dragons are part of the story)..get detected and enemies are on you...you can only one hit kill from behind with a stealth attack.
To progress through the game you have to liberate forts and camps in this open world.
You clear a camp or sneak to a holding place and free or untie captured vikings..they then become a part of your army..and that area of land becomes safe.
Once your army is large enough you then progress to attack an enemy fort..it is an epic battle..you can then progress through the story some more.
And for the collectible lovers, your collectible like in AC is treasure..you can buy maps at a shop that will mark treasures on your map as you travel.
You may or may not like it..but I recommend you give it a shot.
I had no hopes for this game, i thought it would be more like God of War than anything else..I was pleasantly surprised. :)
Especially since its from SEGA haha

HiddenKiller612
01-15-2014, 04:15 AM
I liked it quite a bit... Kind of sad I sold it years ago... been wanting to rebuy it for some time but, so many other games have been released since then.

Black_Widow9
01-15-2014, 05:14 AM
Please post this here:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/771736

Thanks ;)