View Full Version : Weezer DLC leak?

Dr Butthugger
01-14-2014, 10:38 PM
This was on the front page of the Games dashboard of xbox 360

http://i.imgur.com/LsEkS0x.jpg

direct link to image: http://i.imgur.com/LsEkS0x.jpg

Steel_Nirvana
01-14-2014, 10:46 PM
Given the draconian word filters in this forum, and the ridiculous filtering of standard guitar names for the Challenge...one wonders at the apparent laissez-faire attitude toward names.

culo_grasso
01-14-2014, 10:58 PM
given the draconian word filters in this forum, and the ridiculous filtering of standard guitar names for the challenge...one wonders at the apparent laissez-faire attitude toward names.

lol!

Brick235
01-14-2014, 11:25 PM
Well, Dr. Butthugger. Are you really a Dr.? I would not be surprised to see a Weezer pack coming soon, seeing as we've been getting packs based on in game artists.

Alfred Prufrock
01-14-2014, 11:32 PM
Weezer would be amazing. Especially if it's all stuff from the Blue Album and Pinkerton.

MAng0r3
01-14-2014, 11:41 PM
Given the draconian word filters in this forum, and the ridiculous filtering of standard guitar names for the Challenge...one wonders at the apparent laissez-faire attitude toward names.

Hmmmm. :D Looks like vivre et laisser vivre.

Dr Butthugger
01-14-2014, 11:44 PM

I didn't go through 7 years of Medical Butt School to be talked down by some punk on a message board

Why 7? Because I'm just that good when it comes to Butt-Hugging. Just ask Junior Member on the front page of the Rocksmith 2014 forum Dirty5anch3z (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1528061-Dirty5anch3z), since you're so caught up on names. I'll have you know Dirty5anch3z is a licensed professional counselor with over 50 clients.

Now, where were we?

God I hope Undone is in this pack. Either way I'm buying all the Weezer songs, even if its "In The Mall" (blech)

Dr Butthugger
01-15-2014, 12:03 AM
Well as of 5:58 PM the tile has been changed to "ROCKSMITH DLC" instead, with the same picture.

Makes you wonder, huh?

culo_grasso
01-15-2014, 12:06 AM
That tile screenshot is Undone.

toymachinesh
01-15-2014, 12:21 AM
Paul confirmed

thoman23
01-15-2014, 12:31 AM
I didn't go through 7 years of Medical Butt School to be talked down by some punk on a message board

lol...good stuff

Steel_Nirvana
01-15-2014, 02:23 AM

Why 7? Because I'm just that good when it comes to Butt-Hugging. Just ask Junior Member on the front page of the Rocksmith 2014 forum Dirty5anch3z (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1528061-Dirty5anch3z), since you're so caught up on names. I'll have you know Dirty5anch3z is a licensed professional counselor with over 50 clients.

Now, where were we?

God I hope Undone is in this pack. Either way I'm buying all the Weezer songs, even if its "In The Mall" (blech)

Yeah, because grade-school potty humor is so appealing. And you call me a punk? Grow up.

Bluesman25
01-15-2014, 05:30 AM
i didn't go through 7 years of medical butt school to be talked down by some punk on a message board

why 7? Because i'm just that good when it comes to butt-hugging. Just ask junior member on the front page of the rocksmith 2014 forum dirty5anch3z (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1528061-dirty5anch3z), since you're so caught up on names. I'll have you know dirty5anch3z is a licensed professional counselor with over 50 clients.

Now, where were we?

God i hope undone is in this pack. Either way i'm buying all the weezer songs, even if its "in the mall" (blech)

lol!!! :d

Understeer79
01-15-2014, 06:34 AM
Just what this forum needed, another butthugger.

Since Undone is apparantly confirmed and Say it aint so is on disc and the fact that unlike Oasis, Weezer have a failry recent album out so you've gotta expect atleast one new song of theirs.

I'd guess the below:

1 Hash Pipe
2 Island in the sun
3 Buddy Holly
4 Undone
5 Memories

My not for profit selfish wishlist

1 Tired of s*x
2 Why bother
3 In the garage
4 Pardon me
5 Dope nose

(If you say those 5 songs in a row it actually sounds like a pretty funny sentance)

Oasis and Weezer are 2 of my favourite bands so i'm going to have to unlock the padlock to my wallet and dust off the credit card for the first time since the Green day pack.

toymachinesh
01-15-2014, 07:13 AM
Undone isn't confirmed but 2/5 of the songs Oscar guessed on his article are:

http://www.theriffrepeater.com/rumour-weezer-dlc-headed-to-rocksmith-2014/

Marauder359
01-15-2014, 07:21 AM
Yeah, because grade-school potty humor is so appealing. And you call me a punk? Grow up.

lol, to review:

So, you try to derail his thread by focusing on his username over the subject of the thread. Instead of dismissing you like the troll he should have, he attempted to inject a little humor, calling from Austin Powers, and your response to him is to grow up? lol

But, I'm sure your decision to focus arbitrarily on his name and try to derail his conversation is somehow all on him, right? That is your MO.

Oh, and please don't even bother with a retort. It is what it is... offered merely to let what you do sink in for people.

goosfrabaaaah
01-15-2014, 09:48 AM
lol, to review:

So, you try to derail his thread by focusing on his username over the subject of the thread. Instead of dismissing you like the troll he should have, he attempted to inject a little humor, calling from Austin Powers, and your response to him is to grow up? lol

But, I'm sure your decision to focus arbitrarily on his name and try to derail his conversation is somehow all on him, right? That is your MO.

Oh, and please don't even bother with a retort. It is what it is... offered merely to let what you do sink in for people.

Hey Steel...looks like you're making more friends again ;)

Good going mate....

KinchBlade
01-15-2014, 10:35 AM
Please let's stay on topic on this one.

Marauder359
01-15-2014, 10:51 AM
I wonder how far out the various platforms already have the DLC and it's just a matter of releasing it... Certainly it seems at least a week in advance, but I wonder if it's more.

sh1kamaru-
01-15-2014, 02:02 PM
not a Weezer fan, do you know what song could be displayed on that screen ? It looks like Cemetery Gates but maybe this is just a generic picture for RS2014 and not related to an actual chart of one of the songs ?

RSDAVE
01-15-2014, 02:26 PM
Definite buy for me!

spaceboss
01-15-2014, 05:22 PM
Should be a fun pack.

Nice catch Doctor. (He's a good man, and thorough.)

Duggle-SD
01-15-2014, 05:44 PM
From the 2/5 guessed on the RR site, I'm guessing Buddy Holly and Island in the Sun. I would like a chance to play Buddy Holly especially, loved that song and that video came as an extra on my Windows 95 install cd so I played the crap out of it (because it was way before the interwebs and You Tube were so big). Looking forward to this pack fo sho.

cungar1001
01-15-2014, 06:40 PM
From the 2/5 guessed on the RR site, I'm guessing Buddy Holly and Island in the Sun. I would like a chance to play Buddy Holly especially, loved that song and that video came as an extra on my Windows 95 install cd so I played the crap out of it (because it was way before the interwebs and You Tube were so big). Looking forward to this pack fo sho.

Wow the Windows 95 Install cd. LOL Man that's going back. It was a great video though with the Happy Days cast spliced in.

I'm guessing Beverly Hills will unfortunately be on the pack.

Ezzy911
01-15-2014, 07:02 PM
Hash Pipe and My Name is Jonas would be cool.

Oldmanjoe505
01-15-2014, 07:03 PM
In the garage would be both great and appropriate.

ceestewart
01-15-2014, 07:12 PM
In a perfect world they would confine the song selection to the Blue Album through the Green Album (or Weezer through Weezer), but I'll likely get the whole pack no matter what's on it.

Edit: I didn't realize Maladroit came out after the Green Album. That album has some good songs.

Greenbrick2
01-15-2014, 07:21 PM
Meh. Weezer isn't the worst band ever, but I can only see myself picking up Buddy Holly.

thoman23
01-15-2014, 09:26 PM
In a perfect world they would confine the song selection to the Blue Album through the Green Album (or Weezer through Weezer), but I'll likely get the whole pack no matter what's on it.

I'd restrict it further to the Blue Album and Pinkerton.

Although a special exception will be made for Hash Pipe. Hope they get the tone right.

AndrewHutch
01-15-2014, 10:38 PM
Hash Pipe would be awesome.

That's another odd one to get through the filters...

Steel_Nirvana
01-15-2014, 11:45 PM
lol, to review:

http://youtu.be/OhENnAH8ZPQ

Dr Butthugger
01-16-2014, 05:30 AM
That's awesome that there's confirmation.

Not gonna lie, I'm a huge huge HUGE weezer fan, so imagine my surprise seeing that tile on the front page of "GAMES" with no prior announcement! Only to look through the rocksmith marketplace to no avail, then thinking "oh it must be in the rocksmith shop on the disc itself", then going through the process of booting it up and looking in the shop there, TO NOTHING as well. Searched rocksmith.com, the rocksmith blog, rocksmith twitter, even on these forums.

Around this time, I'm thinking xbox live probably 'saw' all the Weezer music on my hard drive and made one of those custom tailored ads for me, to advertise the game I already own...yea, then I figured 'huh, must be a leak'.

But coming from Paul's twitter, I assumed the 2/5 meant the release date, not how many songs that blogger got correct. Anyway, my guesses are

1. Buddy Holly
2. Perfect Situation, from the blog posts since these two have the most 'rawking' sound of the songs (though obviously I wish el scorcho made the cut, who cares about dope nose)
3. Undone
4. The Good Life
5. My Name is Jonas

thoman23
01-16-2014, 05:56 AM
But coming from Paul's twitter, I assumed the 2/5 meant the release date, not how many songs that blogger got correct. Anyway, my guesses are

2/5 almost certainly means 2 out of 5. Feb 5th is not a DLC release date.

And of those 5, my guess is Buddy Holly and Island in the Sun. And you know they will include Undone. So that leaves 2 spots. I agree with others that I hope we get My Name Is Jonas, but maybe we're expecting too much off of the Blue Album.

Jake_SeattleX19
01-16-2014, 07:52 AM
I am also hoping for my name is Jonas

bubka122
01-16-2014, 11:26 AM
Nobody wants Beverly Hills?

toymachinesh
01-16-2014, 12:26 PM

Want is a strong word. I'm predicting it though

Buddy Holly
Island In The Sun
Beverly Hills
Sweater Song
In The Garage

guitarman529
01-16-2014, 03:16 PM
I would pickup Buddy Holly and Beverly Hills. Hoping we get this one because the video with the Muppets was awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOIsYA1QDuk

exolstice
01-16-2014, 04:04 PM

I can't tell if you're being serious or if you'e attempting some sort of anti-humor, but in either case it makes you sound like an *******.

Also, Weezer should be super happy fun times!

extendedsolo
01-16-2014, 05:03 PM
Excited for this pack. Here are my predictions

Buddy Holly
Island in the Sun
Beverly hills----all of these are probably their most popular songs
Hash Pipe
Undone the Sweater song.

They could just put the whole blue album on here and I would be happy.

thoman23
01-16-2014, 06:37 PM

I just went to YouTube to give Beverly Hills another chance, and I just couldn't do it. Couldn't make it through the whole song.

So if I'm not being pretentious enough by only liking "old Weezer", I'll also link to a spot-on commentary on the decline of Weezer (http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/what-the-hell-happened-to-weezer/Content?oid=4793124).

Gold_Jim
01-16-2014, 06:57 PM
I like Buddy Holly, Beverly Hills, and Hash Pipe, but I've played them all for years. No reason to spend my hard earned PS funds this time around. The songs are fun to play, and the timing of the chords in Beverly Hills will set some folks back, this should be a good pack overall.

CaliCasey
01-17-2014, 12:55 AM
Beverly Hills, meh. The real question is no one wants Photograph???

Hoping for:
Buddy Holly (Eb yay)
Undone (Eb yay)
Hash Pipe
Island in the Sun
Photograph

And my I don't think i'm going to get it but I want it pick: Burndt Jam

elemenohpenc
01-17-2014, 02:32 AM
really, anything from blue or pinkerton will make my heart happy. but here's what i suspect:

Buddy Holly
Undone
El Scorcho
Island In The Sun / Hashpipe
Dope Nose

although i didn't enjoy any of the post-maladroit material, i'd like to see 1 or 2 later songs in the mix JUST so i get more familiar with them (and maybe then i can give those records another shot)

P308R
01-17-2014, 08:51 AM
I really love "teenage dirtbag" from Weezer :D

edit...lol....

Forget this post, it's wheatus......:nonchalance:

toymachinesh
01-17-2014, 01:48 PM
I really love "Friends of P" by Weezer

LvlNinety9
01-19-2014, 11:03 PM
Guess we will find out on Tuesday if Weezer is indeed coming up this week.

Marauder359
01-19-2014, 11:33 PM
Guess we will find out on Tuesday if Weezer is indeed coming up this week.

Paul Cross confirmed it on twitter. Check out Toy's site, he has the conversation posted where Cross confirms 2 of the 5 guesses. The only mystery is what songs at this point.

toymachinesh
01-20-2014, 12:44 AM
We'd find out on Monday in any event.

captin_qwark7
01-20-2014, 08:27 AM
Excited for this pack. Here are my predictions

Buddy Holly
Island in the Sun
Beverly hills----all of these are probably their most popular songs
Hash Pipe
Undone the Sweater song.

They could just put the whole blue album on here and I would be happy.

Those were my guesses but Paul didn't reply.

Natontalas
01-20-2014, 04:39 PM
Based on availability in music games of the past I'm pretty sure (sincerely hope ;)) it's going to be

My Name Is Jonas
Buddy Holly
Good Life
Why Bother?
Island In The Sun

And Beverly Hills is one of the most atrocious songs I've ever heard, so if it's in I wouldn't even bother to buy a whole pack, just cherry-pick other four songs.

futile67
01-20-2014, 06:55 PM
Weezer already confirmed in the UK (https://www.facebook.com/rocksmith.gb) and European Facebook pages.

ghmorello
01-20-2014, 07:28 PM
Why are the FB commenters so stupid and biased? Weezer is a good band people.

Brendever
01-20-2014, 08:37 PM
Why are the FB commenters so stupid and biased? Weezer is a good band people.
It's not. But most of the bands listed in the FB comments on most Rocksmith posts are also crap.

Tbh, alternative rock hasn't been getting any DLC since Tame Impala (maybe Radiohead also fits) and that was some months ago, I know that RS must please everyone, but some alt-rock bands (RS calls them indie rock bands, ok) also deserve DLC even if there aren't as many buyers as in more popular bands like Weezer or Oasis.

See, for example, The Shins' Caring Is Creepy, two rocksmith youtubers called it one of the best guitar pieces in the whole game. A full Shins pack would be exceptional, or even a full Tame Impala, Modest Mouse packs, just to name bands that RS already have in their catalog.

Not saying that Ubisoft has been bad at DLC, actually 5+ songs per week is actually a pretty good pattern.

futile67
01-20-2014, 08:47 PM
It's not. But most of the bands listed in the FB comments on most Rocksmith posts are also crap.

Same as the bands you just listed... :rolleyes:

Brendever
01-20-2014, 08:54 PM
Same as the bands you just listed... :rolleyes:
Nope.

Unsurprinsingly, I also like some bands outside that genre, so it's not like I'm saying the rest of the music is crap, like :rolleyes:

Steel_Nirvana
01-20-2014, 08:56 PM
some alt-rock bands (RS calls them indie rock bands, ok) also deserve DLC even if there aren't as many buyers as in more popular bands like Weezer or Oasis.

It's important to realize Ubisoft is a business. How does it make sense to release music for which there isn't a market, or ignore the large market in favor of the niche?

toymachinesh
01-20-2014, 08:58 PM
I'd love to see more Modest Mouse stuff but I don't expect it ever to happen, and if it did would probably just be some entry level song like Dashboard :P

Brendever
01-20-2014, 09:02 PM
It's important to realize Ubisoft is a business. How does it make sense to release music for which there isn't a market, or ignore the large market in favor of the niche?
No one's saying Ubisoft should drop the large market. But they've released DLC clearly meant for a small portion of the players, plus it's not like the bands I've listed are nobodies and all of them have at least one song in the full catalog (Shins have two, actually), I just wish they'd do it more often.

I'm also curious about the data of how many of each DLC has been downloaded, is that statistic anywhere?

CrazedRacer
01-20-2014, 09:04 PM

Exactly. Truthfully, after you wade through the 4000 Led Zep, Metallica, Hendrix, ZZ Top and Van Halen requests, the other stuff is usually "I heard this group called Impaled Fetus and they were awesome!!! I want them in the game!!!". If no one knows the band you're talking about, chances are the market for their stuff in RS is slim to none - and so is their chance of getting in. Also, RS has already released a A7X pack. They only have so many decent songs. Don't look for another pack before a LOT of other bands get DLC. Most of the FB posters are knuckledraggers, I am firmly convinced.

Steel_Nirvana
01-20-2014, 09:09 PM
No one's saying Ubisoft should drop the large market. But they've released DLC clearly meant for a small portion of the players, plus it's not like the bands I've listed are nobodies and all of them have at least one song in the full catalog (Shins have two, actually), I just wish they'd do it more often.

I'm also curious about the data of how many of each DLC has been downloaded, is that statistic anywhere?

Actually, you said the bands deserved to have DLC; that's backwards. It's not about what's good for the band, but rather what's good for Ubisoft. That's what I was getting at. Everyone's got their own thing they'd wish to see, but nothing will be released unless Ubisoft thinks it'll make them money.

CrazedRacer
01-20-2014, 09:12 PM

Only thing close to this is sorting by most popular on Xbox Live - but it only gives XBL and only gives US XBL numbers... Still, over a large sample, it's probably pretty close to accurate.

1. Free Bird
2. I Hate Everything About You
3. More Than A Feeling
4. Smoke on the Water
5. Don't Fear the Reaper
6. Bring Me to Life
7. Barracuda
8. Megadeth PACK
9. Jessica
10. Black

Black surprises me... The least known (as far as I knew) PJ song is the most downloaded one.

#2 and 6 are the only modern hard rock songs in the game (other than maybe "Nightmare"), so I find it interesting that they're both top 10...

Otherwise, the top 10 is all classic rock or Megadeth. I'm sort of surprised there hasn't been a more classic heavy mix of DLC so far for 2014. It's been mostly 90's rock...

thoman23
01-20-2014, 09:21 PM
Only thing close to this is sorting by most popular on Xbox Live - but it only gives XBL and only gives US XBL numbers... Still, over a large sample, it's probably pretty close to accurate.

1. Free Bird
2. I Hate Everything About You
3. More Than A Feeling
4. Smoke on the Water
5. Don't Fear the Reaper
6. Bring Me to Life
7. Barracuda
8. Megadeth PACK
9. Jessica
10. Black

Black surprises me... The least known (as far as I knew) PJ song is the most downloaded one.

#2 and 6 are the only modern hard rock songs in the game (other than maybe "Nightmare"), so I find it interesting that they're both top 10...

Otherwise, the top 10 is all classic rock or Megadeth. I'm sort of surprised there hasn't been a more classic heavy mix of DLC so far for 2014. It's been mostly 90's rock...

Re: Black: Among Pearl Jam fans, it's definitely considered to be a signature song. I agree though that casual fans are going to be more familiar with Alive, Jeremy, etc.

What surprised me on your list is that I've never heard of the #2 song. I had to go to YouTube to see what it was but only made it through 20 seconds. Just not interested.

#6 Bring Me to Life is shocking to me too. Although I admit I bought it because my wife likes chick songs like that.

Brendever
01-20-2014, 09:27 PM
Actually, you said the bands deserved to have DLC; that's backwards. It's not about what's good for the band, but rather what's good for Ubisoft. That's what I was getting at. Everyone's got their own thing they'd wish to see, but nothing will be released unless Ubisoft thinks it'll make them money.
I think the bands do deserve to have a participation in the game. I don't have the data with me that'll say that band X or Y will have more buyers than the others. It was more to do with the music genre of the DLC that's been coming out that's been practically the same (and then I pointed the example of alternative rock, because it's my favourite, but there's others that haven't got much DLC either whereas in the first one was much more diverse)

I understand a game like this will appeal more to people that enjoy hard rock and metal more, but the tracklist's genre type is much more vast than the 2014 DLC catalog.

It is also true that the more die-hard fans of the game will buy a song if it has a convincing tab even if it isn't their favourite type of music.

dallasdave22
01-20-2014, 10:02 PM
Only thing close to this is sorting by most popular on Xbox Live - but it only gives XBL and only gives US XBL numbers... Still, over a large sample, it's probably pretty close to accurate...

Does that apply anymore? Those are all RS songs right, no RS2014 songs?

CrazedRacer
01-20-2014, 10:50 PM
Does that apply anymore? Those are all RS songs right, no RS2014 songs?

If you look by RS2014, you get the 2014 songs, too. Obviously, none of them are very high, since they haven;t been out long enough to compete with legacy DLC. As far as I can determine, the top 2014 DLCs are:

94. Smashing Pumpkins PACK
101. Ho Hey
102. Alice In Chains PACK
113. Green Day PACK

Alfred Prufrock
01-20-2014, 11:20 PM
Weezer is such a great band. Or they were at one point. I'd say the Blue Album is in the top 50 albums ever released. Easily.

Brick235
01-20-2014, 11:24 PM
Weezer is such a great band. Or they were at one point. I'd say the Blue Album is in the top 50 albums ever released. Easily.

Got to see them perform the entire Pinkerton album a few years ago which is my fave. I like an album that is good from front to back and their first two are for me.

ghmorello
01-21-2014, 02:11 AM
As it relates to the annoying FB comments on today's post, this pretty much summed it up for me.

I used to think the comments on Yahoo! Political articles were the dumbest thing on the internet. Then, I encountered the weekly whining about Rocksmith DLC. - Justin Courtney

Marauder359
01-21-2014, 05:36 AM
As it relates to the annoying FB comments on today's post, this pretty much summed it up for me.

I used to think the comments on Yahoo! Political articles were the dumbest thing on the internet. Then, I encountered the weekly whining about Rocksmith DLC. - Justin Courtney

Why not express that on the FB page? Oh, right... ;)

ghmorello
01-21-2014, 05:54 AM
Why not express that on the FB page? Oh, right... ;)

Don't start.

Anyways, the Weezer Pack is...

Island In The Sun
Buddy Holly
My Name Is Jonas
Undone
Hash Pipe