PDA

View Full Version : What is the best AC game?

Pages : [1] 2

lothario-da-be
01-14-2014, 10:21 PM
So, we had this thread when ac4 was just released. I think its time to do it serious this time. What is your favourite ac game and why? Please say what you like and dislike about your favourite and least favourite game.
I personally don't have a favourite ac game because they all have their pros and cons.

RinoTheBouncer
01-14-2014, 10:25 PM
The Main Games:
AC2 > AC:R > AC:B > ACIII > ACI > ACIV > AC:Liberation

ACII is my most favorite cause it’s very rich in story-telling and gives some entertaining present day story and gameplay. You actually feel the progress in the story compared to the first part. Not to mention the perfect, jaw-dropping ending and the amazing protagonist, that’s for sure.

AC:R is my second, if not sharing the No.1 spot with ACII because it feels so warm, so beautiful, so deep and profound whether it’s because of the atmosphere, Ezio’s personality and how it evolved, the love story, the amazingly directed cutscenes and ending, not to mention the epic dialogues and the heart-shattering Desmond’s Journey and The Lost Archive.

AC:B is amazing. It could’ve been right next to ACII and AC:R on my No.1 spot if it wasn’t for the city that is too similar to ACII that made it feel like a part cut from ACII not to mention that it’s a bit short. Yet however, I loved how present and historical settings go hand-in-hand and the final mission playing as Desmond Miles was perfect, not to mention the shocking ending.

ACIII was doomed by many, but it’s a really good game. It’s a great one, actually and show amazing development of characters. Playing as a Templar was really interesting and having a game not taking sides with Assassins or Templars and actually makes you question what’s right and what’s wrong instead of just being told “That’s a bad guy. Kill him!”. My only problem is that the ending of present day was BADLY DIRECTED. The present day missions were EPIC, and so was the whole story. But why ruin Desmond’s story with such a badly directed ending? It’s not about happy or sad, it’s being silly.

ACI was a really good game. Story-wise it was very intriguing in both historical and present day, as short as the present day segments were, they were quite promising that something big is going to happen. That we need to know something important. That the world isn’t how we think it is. The only down-side is it’s repetitive nature and lack of cutscenes. Other than that, it’s amazing.

ACIV, though it’s the last on my list, I don’t hate it. In fact, I LOVED the gameplay and the protagonist? HE’S AWESOME! a hairline away from taking Ezio’s place. But the story was non-existent. The elements were there, the potential is there and it keeps building up excitement but for nothing. We dive to get medicine rather than find a Piece of Eden. We spend long sequences doing missions for the pirates and the whole assassins thing was ditched to the side. I won’t really comment on how modern day is a reductive of it’s former self. No, I don’t feel IN the game like they intended. I feel like I’m controlling a floating camera and I don’t feel part of the world. I’ve felt that before, but not now. It was unintentional that we felt so immersed, not forced. ACIV brought great gameplay and a great character, but when it comes to the story, it’s not an AC game.

AC:Liberation had a good concept but the game on Vita was impossible to bear. From broken detection mechanisms to lame characters to the total omission of present day, I can’t even say more. I wanna play it in HD and maybe, just maybe I’ll find something good about it.

The DLC:
The Tyranny of King Washington > Battle of Forli + Bonfire of the Vanities > The Lost Archive > Freedom Cry > The Da Vinci Disappearance > The Copernicus Conspiracy

ToKW, my most favorite. The story did feel like it came out of nowhere, yes. In the end, it kind felt like a big “whatever”, yes. But the idea of the Apple of Eden showing different possibilities is extremely intelligent and I hope they use it wisely in the future. The gameplay was very interesting, and seeing the whole story from a different light was definitely unexpected and entertaining. Having people who died, live and people who were alive, died earlier, people who were good are now bad and vice versa. It was extremely interesting and I hope we see more richly designed DLC like this one. Their episodic nature added more to the excitement, as well.

Battle of Forli + Bonfire of the Vanities, those are really important DLC that should’ve been IN the game and they were right to called them Sequence 12 and Sequence 13 rather than some additional DLC from the main menu. Whenever I replay the game, I play those along with the experience because I can’t see ACII ending without them. They’re part of the amazing story of the great Ezio Auditore.

The Lost Archive, this one along with Desmond’s Journey -though I’m not a fan of FPS- were really touching, original, fresh and heart-shattering to me, not to mention visually artistic and entertaining gameplay-wise. You play within some beautifully designed atmosphere while you hear a story told to you and you see some images and symbols that add even more awe to the whole experience, not to mention the wonderful soundtrack which was a shame that it wasn’t released on the iTunes album of AC:R.

Freedom Cry was such an amazing story. Even though it felt like it came outta nowhere, like ToKW. Like, I’d personally choose Anne Bonny, Mary Reed or Haytham Kenway for a DLC, so Adéwale was a surprising choice. Anyway, the mini-game was original, entertaining and heart-felt as well. You get to see the creed through the eyes of a more brutal version of a Connor-like character. Someone who’s out, saving his people from oppression and agony. It introduced great new mechanism, weapons and atmosphere. I honestly found it more profound than ACIV, story-wise. However, the reason why I didn’t put it alongside ToKW is that the story doesn’t contribute much to the general universe nor does it add anything more than mentioning that they will “Know the shape of the globe”. I was really curious and excited to see Adé holding a piece of Eden for the latter parts. But sadly, that didn’t happen. However, it was such a great adventure, and an original one.

The Da Vinci Disappearance, this one is amazing. It’s also a DLC that I cannot imagine AC:B without. It’s really entertaining and I love the fact that it’s story expanded the game not just told a standalone story. It was short and repetitive at the start, but near the end, it got really interesting.

The Copernicus Conspiracy isn’t bad but it’s my least favorite. It was short and a less entertaining than the rest.

The Assassins:
Ezio Auditore > Desmond Miles > Edward Kenway > Altair Ibn La Ahad > Connor Kenway > Adéwale > Nikolai Orleov > Aveline De Grandpré

Ezio Auditore, don’t get me started. The older he gets, the sexier he becomes. HA! well he’s just awesome. Story-wise, dialogue-wise, personality-wise, everything about this Assassin is phenomenal. Absolutely nothing negative about him. At least in my opinion.

Desmond Miles, love him or hate him, he’s the protagonist of the whole franchise from ACI to ACIII. He had little screen time but his role was NEVER minor. His story mattered and what he did to humanity is unforgettable. In fact, every single thing happened in the past regarding TWCB was for Desmond to complete his mission an he did without any hesitation. It was a badly directed ending that didn’t give this amazing young martyr any justice. If I’m to make a wish and Ubisoft makes it happen, it would be to bring him back as a main character in an alternate possibility using Minerva’s Eye device.

Edward Kenway is likable, funny, skilled and good-looking. I think like-Desmond, he wasn’t given any justice with what was supposed to be a personal story. It feels like they used the magnifying glass on parts of his life that didn’t really matter to an Assassin’s Creed story. If I were to handle his story, I’d give him at least two games or at least show more periods of his life that are distant from one another in time, especially when he actually becomes an assassin. I feel like the final sequences set a stage for a theatrical play that will never happen.

Altair Ibn La Ahad... need I say more? the one who put the building blocks of the Brotherhood in the right place. The reason why he’s not my No.1 is that the games didn’t do him any justice, not to mention the unnecessary change of voice actors and keeping his story limited in ACI only and a few segments in AC:R which, though I really loved, felt like they should’ve happened after a second Altair game. I believe there’s a lot in the Novel that should’ve been explored in a game rather than a book which many will avoid or just read synopsis of on the internet.

Connor Kenway. This man should be called “The Man of Steel”. I mean c’mon, he had no creed, he had no backup, just him, alone running from one faction to another, trying to put the pieces together and fighting people more skilled than he is, taking challenges larger than himself and in the end, he finds out that he trusted the wrong people. He isn’t stupid, he isn’t naive. He’s just one man and he’s the spark of a greater good. This man does deserve another adventure or CGI film or DLC or whatever. I prefer Ezio because I could see his whole story and it was the most satisfactory. Connor, however was given a game that’s too small to fit him. He’s amazing and I need to see more of him to judge.

Adéwale is really interesting. His personality, his goals, his background and how he developed through time. How he owes both the Pirates and the Assassins for shaping him into who he is today. He’s like a more brutal version of Connor and I don’t blame him for being brutal considering the brutality he and his people face. I wonder where they’ll go with him next and I wonder if we’ll even know when and how he dies or if there are bigger and more significant roles that he’ll play whether towards his people or to the general arc of the AC franchise.

Nikolai Orleov, though we never got a game about him, I read his comic and it literally made me cry. This man is was betrayed by everyone and just picturing his scene near the end with his son or the feeling of being two against a world of people wanting to hunt you any moment. It gives me shivers, really. Maybe he’s not the type of character that I’d relate to or enjoy as a protagonist but he’s definitely remarkable, and his story is heart-shattering.

Aveline De Grandpré, maybe you’ll stone me for this, but I just can’t relate to this woman. I’ve always wanted a female assassin but I just couldn’t get into her very much. Maybe it’s because of being a PS Vita title? I’m getting the AC:Liberation HD game and I’d love to see the adventure again but I can say that she’s my least favorite and the reason for that is not because she’s not Lara Croft -whom I adore- but because I didn’t find something that made her so special like the rest are.

The Soundtracks:
AC:R > ACII > ACI > ACIII > AC:B > ACIV > AC:L

All I can say that the AC:R soundtrack album is a masterpiece and it feels like the music is woven into the game from Ezio’s segment to Altair’s to Desmond’s Journey to The Lost Archive.

lothario-da-be
01-14-2014, 10:26 PM
AC2>AC:R>AC:B>ACIII>ACI>ACIV
That’s my list, from most to least favorite.
Ac4 the last, why?

aL_____eX
01-14-2014, 10:28 PM
AC2 > ACIII & ACIV > AC > AC:B > AC:R

AC2 was just amazing and the game when I really started loving this series, ACIII and ACIV have awesome gameplay and physics, Brotherhood and Revelations were not bad but not as good as the others.

adventurewomen
01-14-2014, 10:32 PM
AC3 & ToKW > AC4 > AC2 & AC1 > AC:B > AC:R

Revelations, disliked that game so much! :eek: :eek:

lothario-da-be
01-14-2014, 10:39 PM
AC3 & ToKW > AC4 > AC2 & AC1 > AC:B > AC:R

Revelations, disliked that game so much! :eek: :eek:
Ac3 was so predictable for you haha :p
btw adventurewomen, you forgot the poll! :)

lothario-da-be
01-14-2014, 10:43 PM
AC2>AC:R>AC:B>ACIII>ACI>ACIV>AC:Liberation
That’s my list, from most to least favorite.

ACII is my most favorite cause it’s very rich in story-telling and gives some entertaining present day story and gameplay. You actually feel the progress in the story compared to the first part. Not to mention the perfect, jaw-dropping ending and the amazing protagonist, that’s for sure.

AC:R is my second, if not sharing the No.1 spot with ACII because it feels so warm, so beautiful, so deep and profound whether it’s because of the atmosphere, Ezio’s personality and how it evolved, the love story, the amazingly directed cutscenes and ending, not to mention the epic dialogues and the heart-shattering Desmond’s Journey and The Lost Archive.

AC:B is amazing. It could’ve been right next to ACII and AC:R on my No.1 spot if it wasn’t for the city that is too similar to ACII that made it feel like a part cut from ACII not to mention that it’s a bit short. Yet however, I loved how present and historical settings go hand-in-hand and the final mission playing as Desmond Miles was perfect, not to mention the shocking ending.

ACIII was doomed by many, but it’s a really good game. It’s a great one, actually and show amazing development of characters. Playing as a Templar was really interesting and having a game not taking sides with Assassins or Templars and actually makes you question what’s right and what’s wrong instead of just being told “That’s a bad guy. Kill him!”. My only problem is that the ending of present day was BADLY DIRECTED. The present day missions were EPIC, and so was the whole story. But why ruin Desmond’s story with such a badly directed ending? It’s not about happy or sad, it’s being silly.

ACI was a really good game. Story-wise it was very intriguing in both historical and present day, as short as the present day segments were, they were quite promising that something big is going to happen. That we need to know something important. That the world isn’t how we think it is. The only down-side is it’s repetitive nature and lack of cutscenes. Other than that, it’s amazing.

ACIV, though it’s the last on my list, I don’t hate it. In fact, I LOVED the gameplay and the protagonist? HE’S AWESOME! a hairline away from taking Ezio’s place. But the story was non-existent. The elements were there, the potential is there and it keeps building up excitement but for nothing. We dive to get medicine rather than find a Piece of Eden. We spend long sequences doing missions for the pirates and the whole assassins thing was ditched to the side. I won’t really comment on how modern day is a reductive of it’s former self. No, I don’t feel IN the game like they intended. I feel like I’m controlling a floating camera and I don’t feel part of the world. I’ve felt that before, but not now. It was unintentional that we felt so immersed, not forced. ACIV brought great gameplay and a great character, but when it comes to the story, it’s not an AC game.
Thanks for the update. I can relate to a lot of what you say. Your arguments make my opinion actualy even stronger. Their all on 1 line. None of the games is realy better or worse then the others, they just all excell in particular things.

adventurewomen
01-14-2014, 10:45 PM
Ac3 was so predictable for you haha :p
Well of course, the main man (will not name him ;)) makes this game for me. I'm standing by AC3, I'm replaying it right now for the 7th time after AC4 and I still really love AC3! :)

RinoTheBouncer
01-14-2014, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the update. I can relate to a lot of what you say. Your arguments make my opinion actualy even stronger. Their all on 1 line. None of the games is realy better or worse then the others, they just all excell in particular things.

You’re welcome, my friend. Glad you like it :)

I didn’t really HATE any of them. But I think the franchise from ACI to ACIII is better than where it’s going now. I found negative and positive elements in each of them. I wish future games will tend to focus more on a story that keeps us at the edge of our seats rather than a good historical GTA-like gameplay with little connections and cliffhangers, unlike the amazing past games.

If you you wanna discuss DLC, I’ll update the post above. I also added AC:Liberation.

aL_____eX
01-14-2014, 10:46 PM
@adventurewomen: You're speaking of Connor right? :p:rolleyes:

I played ACIII again for the last few days and have to say, roaming around the frontier gives me chills. And the cities are not as bad as i had them in my memories. I actually quite feel ACIII again and will replay it after Liberation HD. Only bad thing is the broken soundtrack after beating the game.

lothario-da-be
01-14-2014, 10:48 PM
You’re welcome, my friend. Glad you like it :)

I didn’t really HATE any of them. But I think the franchise from ACI to ACIII is better than where it’s going now. I found negative and positive elements in each of them. I wish future games will tend to focus more on a story that keeps us at the edge of our seats rather than a good historical GTA-like gameplay with little connections and cliffhangers, unlike the amazing past games.

If you you wanna discuss DLC, I’ll update the post above. I also added AC:Liberation.
I'd love to read your constructed opinion about those too! But i will read them tomorow i have to go to bed now :p

RinoTheBouncer
01-14-2014, 10:49 PM
I'd love to read your constructed opinion about those too! But i will read them tomorow i have to go to bed now :p

Sweet dreams, buddy and thank you :)
I’ll write em down for you.

lothario-da-be
01-14-2014, 10:49 PM
Sweet dreams, buddy and thank you :)
I’ll write em down for you.
Thanks bro :)

lothario-da-be
01-14-2014, 10:50 PM

I played ACIII again for the last few days and have to say, roaming around the frontier gives me chills. And the cities are not as bad as i had them in my memories. I actually quite feel ACIII again and will replay it after Liberation HD. Only bad thing is the broken soundtrack after beating the game.
This, ac3 gets too much hate because the expectations were too high.Waaaay too high.

aL_____eX
01-14-2014, 10:55 PM
Only thing I really hated and of which I had VERY high expectations was modern day. Ubisoft screwed this part so much... After beating the game I was so frustrated, because my only expectation was an epic Desmond story. As a non-American and history interested person I knew I would love the story of Connor and the revolutionary war, but modern day... puh... :(

adventurewomen
01-14-2014, 10:57 PM

Well that's obvious..yeah! :p

Maybe I should have been more clearer, I also love my tribal traditions and culture being represented respectfully and authentically in AC3. :)

Yeah I still love the frontier. The AC3 soundtrack was fantastic, it was atmospheric - I can listen to it when not playing the game and still be immersed into the environment of AC3.

I just disliked Desmond's story in general.. so the modern day story doesn't interest me. If I had it my way, I would remove those parts of modern day from AC3.

aL_____eX
01-14-2014, 11:07 PM
AC soundtracks have all been masterpieces. This is the point were Revelations wins. The Theme of Revelations... wow!

And I agree, ACIII has a great atmosphere, I wouldn't say it's better than Black Flag oder AC2, but it was a whole new experience. Frontier, Naval, hunting, crafting, etc. ACIII marked a milestone in the series and that's why I love it. It gave a good direction, ACIV followed this way and I hope ACV will do the same. Most of the things RinoTheBouncer mentioned are true for me. There is no "better" or "worse", they are all good in their very own way, some had more strong points, some were a little weaker in some moments. But I can say, I've enjoyed EVERY SINGLE AC game that I played and I would play them all again!

It's sad that some people dislike the modern day part, I can respect that but not really understand it. It added this whole mystictal atmosphere and gave the series some magic! I really love things like Pieces of Eden, the First Civ, the possibility to control minds, all these fictional connections and the Assassins vs. Templars war!

RinoTheBouncer
01-14-2014, 11:10 PM
AC soundtracks have all been masterpieces. This is the point were Revelations wins. The Theme of Revelations... wow!
GIVE THIS MAN A MEDAL!

AC:R soundtrack was epic. The Revelation, Assassin’s Creed Theme (and it’s variants “Altair and Darim”, “You Have Eard Your Rest” and “Enough for One Life”), Labored and Lost, Istanbul, Animus Island, We Talk Together, The Wounded Eagle..etc. not to mention the EPIC soundtrack from the Bleeding Effect sequence of The Lost Archive and the whole TLR and Desmond’s Journey music. They were all phenomenal!

aL_____eX
01-14-2014, 11:15 PM
I have to say, my personal favourite moment of the whole series probably was when Ezio entered Altair's vault and took the last memory disc and then the music starts to play...

"No books, no wisdom, just you, fratello mio."

This was pure epicness!

As you can see, AC:R was my "least favourite" AC game in total, but there are still so many things to love about this game. And that goes for all of them!

edit: I always loved starting a new session of Revelations just because of its epic main menu music. I think I spent about 10 mins in the menu before I started to play... :cool:

adventurewomen
01-14-2014, 11:16 PM
All I'm going to say everyone has their own preferences to AC games just respect that, no one is right or wrong your own opinion is yours. :)

Like I said before many times, the game I relate to the most is AC3 & ToKW, because I'm Native American.

aL_____eX
01-14-2014, 11:20 PM
All I'm going to say everyone has their own preferences to AC games just respect that, no one is right or wrong your own opinion is yours. :)
Nothing more to add.

egriffin09
01-14-2014, 11:26 PM
AC II > AC IV > AC:B > AC III > AC:R > AC 1.

part of me wanted to put AC IV as my favorite soo bad, but AC II is the game that got me into to the AC series. But, AC IV is a really, really close to AC II. AC IV is definitely the most fresh AC since AC II for sure.

SixKeys
01-14-2014, 11:32 PM
ACB > AC1 > AC2 > AC4 > ACR > AC3

ACB remains my #1 favorite. It's a combination of the atmosphere, characters, side content, modern day, fun factor and the good memories attached to it. Closely followed by AC1 which is by far the most atmospheric of all the games and the purest assassin experience. AC2 had the best story, pacing and overall the way things were put together (tutorials and such). AC4 doesn't quite reach the level of storytelling of the aforementioned games, but has a beautiful world worth exploring, a great balance of stealth and action and lots of stuff to do. ACR has a beautiful city but that's about it. AC3 is crap.

STDlyMcStudpants
01-14-2014, 11:35 PM
AC3 is the best hands down..feels much more fleshed out than the others and i can appreciate that 8)
AC3 > AC4 > AC2 > ACR > ACB> AC1

RinoTheBouncer
01-14-2014, 11:35 PM
I have to say, my personal favourite moment of the whole series probably was when Ezio entered Altair's vault and took the last memory disc and then the music starts to play...

"No books, no wisdom, just you, fratello mio."

This was pure epicness!

As you can see, AC:R was my "least favourite" AC game in total, but there are still so many things to love about this game. And that goes for all of them!

edit: I always loved starting a new session of Revelations just because of its epic main menu music. I think I spent about 10 mins in the menu before I started to play... :cool:

This, “Another artifact. No. You will stay here. I’ve seen enough for one life. Desmond?” and “Let’s show them what it means to cross the assassins!"
Whenever I watch these scenes, I find tears just falling down spontaneously. And the moment he says “Desmond?”, the way this was directed is just.... phenomenal.

Megas_Doux
01-15-2014, 01:28 AM
AC I: Best atmosphere, very solid history, my second favorite combat, but repetitive "assassinations" and 000000000 funny side acitivities, a cardinal sin for a sandbox...
AC II : cliche but engaging story, good atmosphere, boring and easy combat, better mission diversity, best soundtrack, lots of mystery doses., best platforming levels.
ACB Scooby doo like story, dullest city, UBER easy combat, but funnier than AC II, very good side content. The only game in which I cant freeroam.......
ACR: Solid story, my favorite city, very short, regular platforming levels, although better than its predecessor.
AC III My favorite story and characters, my favorite combat, bad pacing, many new but underused mechanics, weak platforming levels, worst mission design.
AC IV Regular story, BEST mission design, best "world" in the series, tons of content, better combat than in Ezio´s trilogy, but weaker than AC I and AC III, and NOOOO platforming levels :(

AC IV > AC I and AC III > ACII > ACR > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ACB....

The first two levels could change depending on my mood hehe.

ze_topazio
01-15-2014, 02:50 AM
AC2>AC4>AC1>ACB>ACR>AC3>Bloodlines>Altair's Chronicles

AC2 is number one, the combination of everything in that game just works.
AC4 is great overall and the experience of being a pirate is quite something, i could say more but i don't feel like it.
AC1 and Bro are fairly close and I'm not sure what order to put them.
AC1 is a rather curious experience, best story in the series, the entire presentation of the game, despite its simplicity i found it the most cinematographic in the series, whatever sense that makes.
Brotherhood is a great game overall, story is nothing to write home about but it's well executed, great missions and great side content.
Revelations is like Brotherhood but with a lot less, short story that i barely even remember other than it had a lot of unnecessary drama, almost no targets, few side missions, everything is few, but it's still a enjoyable game, the game uses the formula created by its predecessors, if you liked the previous games it's hard to not atleast enjoy this one.
AC3, a lot of good ideas poorly executed.
Bloodlines is an okay game, boss battles were kind of fun.
Altair's Chronicles, bad controls and bad everything, the interrogations were kind of an interesting idea.

FreeKnowledge
01-15-2014, 03:44 AM
Ac2,ac1,ac4,acr,acb,ac3

LoyalACFan
01-15-2014, 04:54 AM
AC4 > AC2 > AC1 > AC3 > ACR > ACB

-AC4 was a masterstroke, even though it's not the "purest" Assassin game, the blend of pirate and Assassin gameplay worked incredibly well. The story, while not perfect, was still pretty great, and I don't understand the criticisms of it outside the obvious fact that Edward wasn't truly part of the Brotherhood, which doesn't bother me at all. The main things I loved about it was the amount of freedom we had as the player and the non-linearity of the mission structures; things that had previously been absent for several consecutive titles. I can only hope AC5 continues and improves upon this trend.

-AC2 was my favorite for four years running, and honestly, it's still the yardstick I compare all AC games against. A likeable protagonist, solid and engaging (albeit cliche) storytelling, and the unbelievably immersive world made it one of the most memorable gaming experiences I've ever had.

-AC1 was good, but the utterly bland lead, predictable story, and repetitive mission structure held it back from being truly great. The stupendous assassination missions, entrancing setting, and complex philosophy salvaged it though, and I still have many fond memories of stalking my prey through the dusty Middle Eastern streets.

-AC3 was OK. The main reason it isn't ranked higher here was because of the sheer disappointment it was. The story was excellent, easily the best in the series, but the way it was told was muddled, unfocused, and lacking any lasting impact. Throw in a bunch of unnecessary features, needlessly prescriptive mission structure, and painfully botched modern-day missions, and you've got a game with all the ingredients of greatness that just didn't come together quite right.

-ACR needed to happen since they had stretched out Ezio and Altair's stories into unresolved quagmires, but other than the final scene in Altair's tomb and the beautiful city, there's little of note to be found in Ezio's final romp. I appreciated the departure from cartoon bad guys, but the Ottoman story that the game spent so much time on felt irrelevant and unrelated to the real story that ACR needed to tell.

-ACB is the only AC game I actively dislike. Apart from the combat and graphics, it was a step backward from AC2 in every way. More linear missions, forgettable villains, a blander soundtrack, a boring city, and above all else, by far the weakest story in Assassin's Creed.

Fatal-Feit
01-15-2014, 07:01 AM
AC:4>AC:3>AC:1>AC:R>AC:2>AC:B.

AC:3 is forever my favorite, but AC:IV is undoubtedly the best.

AC:B is just awful. A DLC charged at full price. It's the only AC game I've bothered to purchased once and returned. I haven't even touched the digital version.

phoenix-force411
01-15-2014, 07:24 AM
Assassin's Creed II > Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag > Assassin's Creed: Revelations > Assassin's Creed > Assassin's Creed III > Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

DarktheMagister
01-15-2014, 07:44 AM
2, Brotherhood, & Black Flag all stack up pretty similarly to me.

I have to put 3 below that.

and Revelations and 1 are kind of on the last tier.... not bad by any means...just harder to replay.

I've gotta see about Liberation now...... (which I just noticed I FORGOT to Pre-Order in my Holiday post Freedom Cry AC Detox. DANG IT!!! I could've saved $5.)

LoyalACFan
01-15-2014, 07:50 AM
AC:3 is forever my favorite, but AC:IV is undoubtedly the best.

I feel you. While I don't share your opinion of AC3, I know sometimes you have to distinguish between your personal favorite and the objective better one.

Like that True Grit remake by the Coen brothers with Jeff Bridges. It's undoubtedly a better movie than the old John Wayne one, but I'd still rather watch the old one because of the nostalgia of watching it with my dad, etc. Dem feels can't be overridden.

ACHILLES4713
01-15-2014, 08:11 AM
This entire list is in the order of most to least favorite.
AC1,AC3,AC4BF: Since I can't decide what I'd put at the top of my list, these three AC games have been my ever revolving trinity of games that I thought were the best in the series.

AC1: Likes: The first game to represent a historical period (that I know of) in a game, beyond the RTS genre. Story (Altair questioning his actions, and becoming less ******y and more introspective over time). Templar guards that could mess you up if you weren't careful. Desmond ('cus Nolan North is awesome! I liked wandering around the lab and reading emails to try and figure out what these Abstergo dudes were up to. Loved the end where Desmond sees the blood marks, really added fuel to the speculative fire!). Fantastic graphics (No seriously. They still look good even today. The only thing that looks a little aged is the building textures). Warren Vidic
Dislikes: Yeah, the game was too repetitive in nature, though all games have that aspect to some extant. AC1 just didn't hide it very well.

AC3: Likes: Native American protagonist, Templars that had valid arguments behind what they fought for (Except Hicky! Nah, I suppose his reasoning is valid in its own way. Everyone wants to live a good life). Naval was awesome! Combat was really smooth. TOKW was interesting (Loved Washington's speech at the end). William Miles
Dislikes: No tombs (though I suppose the Capt. Kidd missions were AC3's version of that) or glyphs revealing more about Abstergo's meddling in 20th/21rst century affairs or First Civ. They need to bring this back! Ubisoft can come up with another plot excuse to have them.

AC4BF: Likes: Open world naval (though I think they should take a break from it in the next game or two). Blackbeard, Edward (I didn't think I was going to like him when he was first revealed, but he was a pretty cool cat!).
Dislikes: Too many characters, and so none of them get fleshed out much. No glyphs (I'm looking at you Ubisoft). When having Edward wear an outfit that doesn't have a hood, he still does the animation of pulling a hood over his head in cutscenes (This is one dislike that I legitimately HATE. There is NO excuse for that crap Ubisoft). Modern day sections, while interesting, didn't have quite the same impact when you're just a floating camera. There needs to be a character that we play as and get to know along their journey.

ACR: Likes Constantinople (I love the middle east as a setting). Ahmet (Getting back to that moral greyness!). Yusuf Tazim, the hook blade, Tombs
Dislikes: Yusuf should have gotten a little more screen time. Bombs were dumb (Logically goes against the tenet of not hurting the innocent). At least you don't have to rely on them to complete missions for the most part. Graphically, the Altair sections looked like crap (especially the assassin's robes). The dev team really didn't do justice to AC1's efforts. Changing Altair's voice actor, though surprisingly I felt Cas Anvar's voice fit well for old Altair. The Lucy plot point being relegated to a DLC. Basically the entire game not living up to its subtitle (which ties into my previous point). No where near the amount of screen time for Clay that there should have been. There should have been at least conversations that you could have with him when you get dumped back into the Animus island after each sequence; where Clay could answer some of Desmond's/the player's questions about what all the previous stuff he showed meant.

AC2: Likes: Italian Renaissance was a cool setting. All three cities were awesome. Fairly enjoyable story if a bit simplistic. Glyphs, The Eden video (I was dumbstruck when I first saw it). Tombs, Altair's armor. The whole modern day cast. The bleeding effect stuff.
Dislikes: Cartoony looking graphics (It's especially noticeable when jumping straight from AC1 to AC2). Simplistic story.

ACB: Likes: The dialogue between Desmond and Lucy when going through the caves. More of Desmond's struggle with the bleeding effect. Glyphs, The War Machines. The Siege of Monteriggioni.
Dislikes: Even more simplistic story than AC2. Cesare written like a whiny brat, rather then the cold, calculating menace that history says he was. Being able to ride horses straigt into the narrow streets of Rome, nocking over everybody (Yes it was humorous, but it really annoyed me). The horses being stupidly slow, and the horses not being able to gallop except in certain missions/areas. The half-baked brotherhood mechanic that was nothing more than a win button. If they really wanted to have players building up a brotherhood of assassins, they should have done it right; with fully fleshed out NPCs with some backstory. And large side missions revolving around the brotherhood. This could have been an opportunity for more interesting conflict between Ezio and Machiavelli about their different views on how to go about leading and training the brotherhood. Killing Lucy off. Ubisoft could have still kept the double agent plot point, and just have Desmond find out about it. Then there could have been more conflict between Desmond and Lucy that would have been interesting to see play out over the course the next game or two.

Well, that's all of my thoughts on the games.
This is what I'd like to see Ubisoft do with the series going forward. Some of these ideas might seem a bit outlandish, but I think it would be pretty cool if they did some of this stuff.

A game/or sequences set in the time of the First Civilization
A game where we play as Clay Kaczmaric, and see all the time periods he experienced (This would probably be the most ambitious idea for Ubisoft to tackle).
Other settings: Ancient Rome (Republic/Empire/or both), Ancient Greece, Ancient(relatively speaking) Japan/China or late 19th century Japan/China (when samurai were going extinct due to modernization efforts).
Gameplay: light and shadow stealth mechanic, disguises and a full, detailed outfit customization.

TexasToast712
01-15-2014, 09:42 AM
Brotherhood>ACR>AC2>ACBF>AC1>AC III

I love them all very much but this is how I would rank them if I had too.

itsamea-mario
01-15-2014, 09:57 AM
>Putting ACR above AC1.
just, just no.

poptartz20
01-15-2014, 10:07 AM
AC3 will forevar be the best! *cries* lol.

But AC4 got alot of things right... so Umm.. I would rate them AC3 > AC4 > AC2 & AC1 > AC:B > ACR

sweet baby monkeys I just couldn't get into ACR. Haha. I was so tired of Ezio.

DinoSteve1
01-15-2014, 10:34 AM
ACII = ACIV (can't really choose) ACB > AC1 > ACR > ACIII (one of the worst games I played tbh)

lothario-da-be
01-15-2014, 03:00 PM
>Putting ACR above AC1.
just, just no.
Everyone is allowed to think what he wants, i would probably put acr before ac1 too, If i truly had to rank the games.

RinoTheBouncer
01-15-2014, 04:32 PM
Everyone is allowed to think what he wants, i would probably put acr before ac1 too, If i truly had to rank the games.

AGREED I’d put AC:R right next to ACII on the No.1 rank. Btw, I updated my review with everything AC.

adventurewomen
01-15-2014, 04:41 PM
AC3 will forevar be the best! *cries* lol.

But AC4 got alot of things right... so Umm.. I would rate them AC3 > AC4 > AC2 & AC1 > AC:B > ACR

sweet baby monkeys I just couldn't get into ACR. Haha. I was so tired of Ezio.
100% wholeheartedly agree with you my friend! We have the same perspective and it's great!

That order that you said of AC games is what I also agree with and yeah I agree with what you said about Revelations - Ezio was worn out by Revelations.

itsamea-mario
01-15-2014, 04:41 PM

No they aren't.
Not when it's this.
Never this.

RinoTheBouncer
01-15-2014, 04:45 PM
100% wholeheartedly agree with you my friend! We have the same perspective and it's great!

That order that you said of AC games is what I also agree with and yeah I agree with what you said about Revelations - Ezio was worn out by Revelations.

Ezio’s like wine, he gets more perfect with age. #JustSaying.

DinoSteve1
01-15-2014, 04:49 PM
tbf in ACR Ezio was supposed to be worn out.

adventurewomen
01-15-2014, 04:58 PM
Ezio’s like wine, he gets more perfect with age. #JustSaying.
Well Ezio became a creeper with all those pick up lines he used on Sofia. That was a deal-breaker, it was all too much. Ezio's best moment in AC:R was when he became a minstrel for that mission.

Fatal-Feit
01-15-2014, 05:00 PM
I enjoyed AC:R Ezio, though. I hated him in AC:B and half of AC:2. The story got so cliche and felt like an adventure version of your average FPS shooter except with swords.

He could be fighting Alien Templars in Space and nothing would change. All he had going for him was one-liners.

RinoTheBouncer
01-15-2014, 05:10 PM
Well Ezio became a creeper with all those pick up lines he used on Sofia. That was a deal-breaker, it was all too much. Ezio's best moment in AC:R was when he became a minstrel for that mission.

I preferred his pick-up lines with Sofia more than how he used to be in AC:B and ACII. I preferred the mature version of him and his Minstrel role was amazing too.

ze_topazio
01-15-2014, 05:15 PM
Ezio was an old man way past his prime trying to put his moves on a younger lady after years of nothing, an old man in love, his awkwardness was supposed to be funny i think, and not something to be taken seriously.

Pandassin
01-15-2014, 05:21 PM
AC4 was definitely the best in my opinion. It had the best soundtrack, story, characters, protagonist, location (As in the Caribbean, not the cities), theme, everything I just loved.

AC3 would be my second favourite though. I enjoyed the story, and I quite liked the cities in that game. They're very different.
As for ToKW, that would be tied second with AC3. It was just amazing.

I never really liked AC2 much. I wasn't fond of Ezio at all since I found him quite annoying. I didn't really find the story that interesting either, I eventually got bored every now and then. The cities were nice though. I quite liked the soundtrack too, especially "Ezio's Family" and "Venice Rooftops".

They're the AC games I've completed so far. Remember these are just my opinions, so please don't hate on me for AC2 or anything ^^

adventurewomen
01-15-2014, 05:36 PM
AC4 was definitely the best in my opinion. It had the best soundtrack, story, characters, protagonist, location (As in the Caribbean, not the cities), theme, everything I just loved.

AC3 would be my second favourite though. I enjoyed the story, and I quite liked the cities in that game. They're very different.
As for ToKW, that would be tied second with AC3. It was just amazing.

I never really liked AC2 much. I wasn't fond of Ezio at all since I found him quite annoying. I didn't really find the story that interesting either, I eventually got bored every now and then. The cities were nice though. I quite liked the soundtrack too, especially "Ezio's Family" and "Venice Rooftops".

They're the AC games I've completed so far. Remember these are just my opinions, so please don't hate on me for AC2 or anything ^^
Yay! Another person who disliked Ezio! I'm the same I always thought he was annoying, way to stereotypical and irritating!

Great that you appreciate ToKW as much as I do, I tied AC3 & ToKW together with my best AC game in my first post on this thread.

salman147
01-15-2014, 05:38 PM
I liked AC1 most.And Brotherhood my favourite second.

Kaschra
01-15-2014, 07:02 PM
Hm, ranking the games... that's quite difficult...

AC4 and Revelations are my favourites. I can't choose between these two, so I simlpy say both are my faves.
I like the stories of both games, the settings (Constantinople is still my fave city), the charaters... and the endings of AC4 and ACR are my faves... by far. And Edward and ACR Ezio are my fave protagonists.
After AC4 and ACR comes AC2. Lovely setting, the game is still pretty big, good amount of side missions and interesting stuff like the codex pages. I simply like it.
And now it's getting difficult...
AC1 has a great atmosphere, cities and I really like the death speeches... while ACB's story is rather simple, but... but ACB is much more fun to play. I still think it has the best side missions, and after my last replay I learned to appreciate Rome a lot more. ACB is just a ot more fun to me, while I don't really enjoy playing AC1. After a few playthroughs, AC1 is pretty boring :/
And then there is AC3. While my opinion of ACB got much better after the recent replay, AC3's in return got worse. I still enjoyed playing as Haytham, and the Templar cast was great (if it weren't for that stupid scene in sequence 4), but I don't really care about most characters. A lot of missions are simply terrible and linear, the pacing is not good, the game feels unfinished, and the modern day part was bad. Especially it's ending. And Connor is my least favourite protagonist.
They had good intentions, but it didn't really work out.

So... uh...
AC4/ACR>AC2...and then I don'tv really know :/

>Putting ACR above AC1.
just, just no.
just, just yes. I do what I want.

Yay! Another person who disliked Ezio! I'm the same I always thought he was annoying, way to stereotypical and irritating!

Ha, isn't it funny? If someone says the same thing about Connor, you get all furious, but of course it's totally okay to say that about Ezio :rolleyes:

Also...

Well Ezio became a creeper with all those pick up lines he used on Sofia
He used like... one or two pick up lines in the whole game??? You're exaggerating again. And it's not like Sofia didn't make a move on him either.

phoenix-force411
01-15-2014, 07:08 PM
Brotherhood was pretty boring. Rome was boring most of the time due to it being countryside more than city, and the story was just the usual cliche good guy vs bad guy.

Megas_Doux
01-15-2014, 08:57 PM
Brotherhood was pretty boring. Rome was boring most of the time due to it being countryside more than city, and the story was just the usual cliche good guy vs bad guy.

This!!!!!!!

And even though Connor is my favorite Assassin, I do like Ezio..... All of them pale in comparison to the Almighty God among men of Haytham Kenway, of course :P

lothario-da-be
01-15-2014, 09:01 PM
This!!!!!!!

And even though Connor is my favorite Assassin, I do like Ezio..... All of them pale in comparison to the Almighty God among men of Haytham Kenway, of course :P
I truly thought your God was going to be Altair lol.

Megas_Doux
01-15-2014, 09:12 PM
I truly thought your God was going to be Altair lol.

Altair vs Haytham!!!!!!!

First an encounter full of cunning arguments with the promise of death should they face again, and then an uber epic battle at the top of an snowy Masyaf castle, via a powerful synch nexus altered timeline courtesy of the conjunction of all the Apples of Eden........

Ubisoft, make it happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

roostersrule2
01-16-2014, 12:35 AM
AC2>ACR>AC4>ACB>AC1>>>>>>>>>>>AC3

AC2: Ezio was in it, best game ever.
ACR: Old Ezio was in it, second best game ever.
AC4: Pirates.
ACB. Ezio.
AC1: FREEEEEEDOM
AC3: eew Cunar

adventurewomen
01-16-2014, 12:46 AM
Ha, isn't it funny? If someone says the same thing about Connor, you get all furious, but of course it's totally okay to say that about Ezio :rolleyes:

Also...

He used like... one or two pick up lines in the whole game??? You're exaggerating again. And it's not like Sofia didn't make a move on him either.
I'm not trying to start anything here, so please don't be offended. Everyone has thier personal preference that includes agreeing or disagreeing with someone. Please just leave this here, because honestly I don't feel like I want to continue this with you - always have something to criticize about me. Quite frankly it's tired and I've had enough..

I never meant the whole game I was talking about certain times, you misunderstood me..

Kaschra
01-16-2014, 02:00 AM
I'm not trying to start anything here, so please don't be offended. Everyone has thier personal preference that includes agreeing or disagreeing with someone. Please just leave this here, because honestly I don't feel like I want to continue this with you - always have something to criticize about me. Quite frankly it's tired and I've had enough..

I never meant the whole game I was talking about certain times, you misunderstood me..

You don't understand what I mean - what I criticise is the fact that you're a hypocrite. I see you complain about Ezio so many times, but when someone dares to say anything against Connor, you can't accept that. You say stuff like "Let's agree to disagree" but when sommeone disagrees with you and says they don't like Connor or think his voice actor sucks or whatever, you always go on how wrong that person is etc. If someone for example thinks his voice is boring, why not let them have this opinion?
I think that's one of the reasons some people have a problem and criticise you. Well, at least it's a reason for me. Please don't be offended.

I-Like-Pie45
01-16-2014, 02:28 AM
adventurewomen gets a pass for her hypocrisy because she's special

here, adventurewomen, come with me

we have people just like you back at the camp

we do have quite the taste for people of your caliber

DinoSteve1
01-16-2014, 02:36 AM
Just be careful the last person he took back to camp was never seen again, and if he offers you sweets RUN.

egriffin09
01-16-2014, 05:09 AM
I see AC 4 is gaining on AC 2 in the poll.

Sabuto78
01-16-2014, 05:50 AM
Ac2
AC-4
AC-B
AC-R
AC-3

havent played ac1. AC3 was utter ****. Enjoyed haythems missions more than connors lmfao.

lothario-da-be
01-16-2014, 04:55 PM
I see AC 4 is gaining on AC 2 in the poll.
Yeah, and AC1 still has a lot of votes after all those years. Happy to see that

AssassinHMS
01-16-2014, 04:56 PM
Best AC game – AC1, by far.

Best game – either AC2 or AC4

My favorite AC game – ACB (because it was the one I enjoyed the most)

marcbryan
01-16-2014, 07:58 PM
1.AC3 2. Black Flag 3.Revelations 4. AC2 5. AC 6.Brotherhood

I do think that Assassins Creed 1 had a better story than 2, I mean, it sets up the entire premise! But the sequel was a better game for sure. The cities and free running mechanics were greatly improved.

lothario-da-be
01-16-2014, 10:08 PM
Best AC game – AC1, by far.

Best game – either AC2 or AC4

My favorite AC game – ACB (because it was the one I enjoyed the most)
Lol gotta love this post.

Assassin_M
01-17-2014, 02:38 AM
1- AC4
2- AC3/ AC1
3- ACR
4- My pinky

AC II and ACB were terrible and don't deserve a ranking....ACB is better than AC II, though...it's less smelly crap...AC II sucks...plain and simple....so does Ezio btw

Dev_Anj
01-17-2014, 03:10 AM
AC II and ACB were terrible and don't deserve a ranking....ACB is better than AC II, though...it's less smelly crap...AC II sucks...plain and simple....so does Ezio btw

Hah! Now watch as Ezio fans descend on you!

Seriously speaking, I don't think Ezio is a terrible character, but he's far from a well written one. I don't get why his fans obsess so much on him.

Assassin_M
01-17-2014, 03:16 AM
I don't get why his fans obsess so much on him.
It's the fantasy, mate...people like the smooth, charismatic ladies man because they WANT to be that person...they want to be smooth, charismatic ladies men...it satisfies their feeling of not being charismatic ladies men...forget good writing, OMGODZ ENZIO IS ZA BEST ZERE IzZ

*runs away*

ze_topazio
01-17-2014, 04:28 AM
Just like people like Connor, the fantasy of an emo tragic guy with a tough secret life and lots of feelings, modern guys wish they could be like Connor so that everybody would pity them and finally give them the attention they don't get in real life because of their overweight problems resulting from that heart problem developed after almost dying when saving that dog from being smashed by a ice cream truck, it's not their fault that that convicted pedophile driver was drunk, thinking back actually it was, since the driver was actually their father, and the reason the father became like that was do to family problems started by them, but above all they want attention from girls, because modern girls only like lame emo tragic guys with a tough secret life and lots of feelings, god knows why they like that, Twilight is a good example, the illusion of a romance with a mysterious emo tragic guy with a tough secret life and lots of feelings give them the excitement they don't get in real life because of their overweight problems resulting from that heart problem developed after almost dying when saving that dog from being smashed by a ice cream truck, it's not their fault that that convicted pedophile driver was drunk, thinking back actually it was, since the driver was actually their father, and the reason the father became like that was do to family problems started by them, so in the end Connor was made to please the Twilight generation, that's why Connor has so many fangirls.

SixKeys
01-17-2014, 04:31 AM
1- AC4
2- AC3/ AC1
3- ACR
4- My pinky

And yet you've played it like 117 times. :rolleyes:

SixKeys
01-17-2014, 04:32 AM
It's the fantasy, mate...people like the smooth, charismatic ladies man because they WANT to be that person...they want to be smooth, charismatic ladies men...it satisfies their feeling of not being charismatic ladies men...forget good writing, OMGODZ ENZIO IS ZA BEST ZERE IzZ

*runs away*

I don't want to be a smooth, charismatic ladies' man. :confused: I lack male genitals, for one.

Assassin_M
01-17-2014, 04:33 AM
And yet you've played it like 117 times. :rolleyes:
yeah...it failed 117 times to make me like it D:

SixKeys
01-17-2014, 04:36 AM
yeah...it failed 117 times to make me like it D:

Call me crazy, but when I don't like a game, I just....don't play it. I still haven't finished my second runthrough of AC3.

Assassin_M
01-17-2014, 04:46 AM
Call me crazy, but when I don't like a game, I just....don't play it. I still haven't finished my second runthrough of AC3.
When you love something so much, you give it many chances D:

I also like to keep my knowledge of the lore wealthy >_>

I don't want to be a smooth, charismatic ladies' man. :confused: I lack male genitals, for one.
Then you like to be courted by charismatic, smooth ladies men

marcbryan
01-17-2014, 05:19 AM
Just like people like Connor, the fantasy of an emo tragic guy with a tough secret life and lots of feelings, modern guys wish they could be like Connor so that everybody would pity them and finally give them the attention they don't get in real life because of their overweight problems resulting from that heart problem developed after almost dying when saving that dog from being smashed by a ice cream truck, it's not their fault that that convicted pedophile driver was drunk, thinking back actually it was, since the driver was actually their father, and the reason the father became like that was do to family problems started by them, but above all they want attention from girls, because modern girls only like lame emo tragic guys with a tough secret life and lots of feelings, god knows why they like that, Twilight is a good example, the illusion of a romance with a mysterious emo tragic guy with a tough secret life and lots of feelings give them the excitement they don't get in real life because of their overweight problems resulting from that heart problem developed after almost dying when saving that dog from being smashed by a ice cream truck, it's not their fault that that convicted pedophile driver was drunk, thinking back actually it was, since the driver was actually their father, and the reason the father became like that was do to family problems started by them, so in the end Connor was made to please the Twilight generation, that's why Connor has so many fangirls.

What…….on earth are you talking about?

FreeKnowledge
01-17-2014, 05:34 AM
That's not true as a male I dont like connor because he has no common sense, the kid killed his own father for basically nothing.templar ik ik,read the book you'll understand haytham was a great man,just was used and abused by the templars.Connor was a emotionless cyborg in my eyes,sure he suffered but idk he was bland and boring,revenge,revenge revenge. He's the type of dude that took 1hour to think of something instead of a day.it was bigger more important than him and not till the end of the game does he care that its all just bigger than him.

Assassin_M
01-17-2014, 05:52 AM
That's not true as a male I dont like connor because he has no common sense, the kid killed his own father for basically nothing.templar ik ik,read the book you'll understand haytham was a great man,just was used and abused by the templars.Connor was a emotionless cyborg in my eyes,sure he suffered but idk he was bland and boring,revenge,revenge revenge. He's the type of dude that took 1hour to think of something instead of a day.it was bigger more important than him and not till the end of the game does he care that its all just bigger than him.
What does Connor have to do with anything?

FreeKnowledge
01-17-2014, 06:59 AM
I was talking to ze about why ppl like Connor but why I don't.

Assassin_M
01-17-2014, 07:31 AM
I was talking to ze about why ppl like Connor but why I don't.
Why did you mention you were a male then?

FreeKnowledge
01-17-2014, 08:19 AM
Because he made it seem to me that the reason most dudes like Connor is because he's so EMO.is it really that big a deal why I said it lol.

Assassin_M
01-17-2014, 08:33 AM
Because he made it seem to me that the reason most dudes like Connor is because he's so EMO.is it really that big a deal why I said it lol.
He said that's why Connor has so many fanGIRLS, not dudes, what are you talking about??

Yeah, your name is FreeKnowledge, which means you'll be called out for the littlest of things

FreeKnowledge
01-17-2014, 08:53 AM
Um reread the post he said modern guys like Connor because they want to be like him.call me out I got nothing to hide lol.oh I get it you're trolling me lol good show.

Assassin_M
01-17-2014, 09:03 AM
Um reread the post he said modern guys like Connor because they want to be like him.call me out I got nothing to hide lol.oh I get it you're trolling me lol good show.
He was joking...

I did call you out.

Excuse me? trolling you?

itsamea-mario
01-17-2014, 09:04 AM
Ac1>ac2>ac4>acb>ac3>acr.

Assassin_M
01-17-2014, 09:06 AM
Ac1>ac2
always

itsamea-mario
01-17-2014, 09:14 AM
always

And forever.

FreeKnowledge
01-17-2014, 09:32 AM
Oh,OK,and forget it.

Fatal-Feit
01-17-2014, 10:58 AM
Connor was written to not be the perfect badass like the previous two. He was purposely flawed and antagonized. He fought for the Creed and as an Assassin, yet the game pushed justice onto the Templars. The point of AC:3 was to depict which fans were really an Assassin at heart when push come to shove. Hating Connor because of his cause is like hating Altair and Ezio.

The story and characters purposely became far more physiological, but hey, what do you expect from a fanbase now full of children? If they demand a simpler tale with a Gary Sue that treats women like objects, then we might as well forget new protagonists. Let's revive Ezio and have him fight Alien Templars in Space for another Trilogy. I mean, who cares if the Templars are Aliens, right? All we need are one-dimensional villains that continues to grow and become more menacing by the sequels.

EDIT: I can smell the ratings. AC1> AC2> ACB> ACR> ACEzioInSpace 1> ACEzioInSpace 2> ACEzioInSpace 3> AC4> AC3.

DinoSteve1
01-17-2014, 11:01 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/27y9vg9.png

adventurewomen
01-17-2014, 11:15 AM
"Emo" is not the word I choose to describe Connor. Yeah Connor's life is tragic, his life is flawed, manipulated he was betrayed and backstabbed multiple times! To add to all of that everyone he loved and cared about in his life died, with everything that happened to Connor his character and personality makes him believable, his "flaws" is what made him realistic.

---------------------

@steveeire: Why must you post that gif, everytime when people talk about Connor.. it's a little irritating.

itsamea-mario
01-17-2014, 11:22 AM
Connor was written to not be the perfect badass like the previous two. He was purposely flawed and antagonized. He fought for the Creed and as an Assassin, yet the game pushed justice onto the Templars. The point of AC:3 was to depict which fans were really an Assassin at heart when push come to shove. Hating Connor because of his cause is like hating Altair and Ezio.

The story and characters purposely became far more physiological, but hey, what do you expect from a fanbase now full of children? If they demand a simpler tale with a Gary Sue that treats women like objects, then we might as well forget new protagonists. Let's revive Ezio and have him fight Alien Templars in Space for another Trilogy. I mean, who cares if the Tempalrs are Aliens, right? All we need are one-dimensional villains that continues to grow and become more menacing by the sequels.

And Altair wasn't flawed?

And did you actually play AC4? Edward wasn't "a Gary Sue that treats women like objects" maybe that's all your bloody irrational mind saw, but it wasn't true, he was one of the more realistic characters i've seen, acted like a normal human, he wasn't perfect, he was prone to greed and self indulgence, like most people, whilst connor was off being mr goody goody two shoes who never did anything mean, like some bloody jane austin character.
Edward didn't use women like objects, there's one scene, one, where he's had sex, and that immediately means he's some misogynist? He was respectful to Anne bonnie, had her as a quartermaster, he was friends with Mary Read, and the whole reason he was even in the Caribbean was to prove himself to a woman who left him.
But no, you go ahead and spout a load of rubbish.

Or maybe you meant Ezio? Because obviously that flamboyant italian was nothing more than a chauvinistic pig.
Except he wasn't, he was raised as an italian noble, but even for his upbringing he was fairly civil, he didn't use Christina, he entered a relationship with her, and had genuine feelings for her for most of his life and was respectful enough to let her go.
Caterina, he had sex with her, for her it was purely for political reasons whereas he got emotionally attached, and you say he's the bad guy?
Sophia, he bloody courted her!
Ezio played a part, like a renaissance batman he witnessed the death of those close to him and went on to try and do the best that he could, he had sex with women, but guess what, that's what people do.

You say connor wasn't perfect, but he was, he was too perfect, that's why you all love him, he's a sweet little buttercup with his humble little hands and his pouty face.

And all that stuff you said in the second paragraph, a fanbase that is NOW full of children, well from what i've seen it's the influx of new fans that came in with AC3 that have acted childish, the ones who've been here since AC1 and dislike the way the series is headed are a different story.
and all that other dumb stuff, no one wants that, we were perfectly happy with our small subtle stories, morally grey characters and interesting plots, you know, the ones in AC1, and to some extent even AC2. Hell AC4 is the first time since then that i've felt the series is regaining elements of what made it good.

Fatal-Feit
01-17-2014, 11:24 AM

And did you actually play AC4? Edward wasn't "a Gary Sue that treats women like objects" maybe that's all your bloody irrational mind saw, but it wasn't true, he was one of the more realistic characters i've seen, acted like a normal human, he wasn't perfect, he was prone to greed and self indulgence, like most people, whilst connor was off being mr goody goody two shoes who never did anything mean, like some bloody jane austin character.
Edward didn't use women like objects, there's one scene, one, where he's had sex, and that immediately means he's some misogynist? He was respectful to Anne bonnie, had her as a quartermaster, he was friends with Mary Read, and the whole reason he was even in the Caribbean was to prove himself to a woman who left him.

Or maybe you meant Ezio? Because obviously that flamboyant italian was nothing more than a chauvinistic pig.
Except he wasn't, he was raised as an italian noble, but even for his upbringing he was fairly civil, he didn't use Christina, he entered a relationship with her, and had genuine feelings for her for most of his life and was respectful enough to let her go.
Caterina, he had sex with her, for her it was purely for political reasons whereas he got emotionally attached, and you say he's the bad guy?
Ezio played a part, like a renaissance batman he witnessed the death of those close to him and went on to try and do the best that he could, he had sex with women, but guess what, that's what people do.

You say connor wasn't perfect, but he was, he was too perfect, that's why you all love him, he's a sweet little buttercup with his humble little hands and his pouty face.

And all that stuff you said in the second paragraph, a fanbase that is NOW full of children, well from what i've seen it's the influx of new fans that came in with AC3 that have acted childish, the ones who've been here since AC1 and dislike the way the series is headed are a different story.
and all that other dumb stuff, no one wants that, we were perfectly happy with our small subtle stories, morally grey characters and interesting plots, you know, the ones in AC1, and to some extent even AC2. Hell AC4 is the first time since then that i've felt the series is regaining elements of what made it good.

I was trolling and joking as much as the previous posts before that one. Altair had his share of betrayals and flaws in AC:1, Ive played. Don't take that post too seriously.

itsamea-mario
01-17-2014, 11:34 AM
I was trolling and joking as much as the previous posts before that one. Altair had his share of betrayals and flaws in AC:1, Ive played. Don't take that post too seriously.

Well then rather than directing it at you, i make it a general statement.

DinoSteve1
01-17-2014, 11:43 AM
"Emo" is not the word I choose to describe Connor. Yeah Connor's life is tragic, his life is flawed, manipulated he was betrayed and backstabbed multiple times! To add to all of that everyone he loved and cared about in his life died, with everything that happened to Connor his character and personality makes him believable, his "flaws" is what made him realistic.

---------------------

@steveeire: Why must you post that gif, everytime when people talk about Connor.. it's a little irritating.

I don't I post it when people post silly things and I agree with you Conor was not Emo, Emo would imply he had emotions.

Fatal-Feit
01-17-2014, 11:56 AM
I don't I post it when people post silly things and I agree with you Conor was not Emo, Emo would imply he had emotions.

She didn't say he didn't have emotions. She implied that ''emo'', the way it was in contexts, is not how she would describe him.

DinoSteve1
01-17-2014, 11:59 AM
I never said she said he didn't have emotions. I said it, I just agree with her that he's not Emo.

Fatal-Feit
01-17-2014, 12:09 PM
I never said she said he didn't have emotions. I said it, I just agree with her that he's not Emo.

http://i44.tinypic.com/205tsa0.gif

itsamea-mario
01-17-2014, 12:11 PM
Homestuck is terrible.

FreeKnowledge
01-17-2014, 12:55 PM
Ohhhh no he's not EMO at all(mommy mommy,dady dady)cough cough.

RinoTheBouncer
01-17-2014, 02:32 PM
Said it before, I’ll say it again.
AC2>ACR>ACB>ACIII>ACI>ACIV

SixKeys
01-17-2014, 05:05 PM
Then you like to be courted by charismatic, smooth ladies men

You assume I'm straight. ;)

Assassin_M
01-17-2014, 06:03 PM
You assume I'm straight. ;)
then that just fits with the fantasy, except remove "man" and it's Charismatic, smooth ladies lady...you like being a charismatic, smooth, ladies lady

Kaschra
01-17-2014, 06:37 PM

*slow clap*

killzab
01-17-2014, 06:39 PM

Yeah riiiiight ... :rolleyes:

Assassin_M
01-17-2014, 06:41 PM
in the end, Ezio just sucks alright?

SixKeys
01-17-2014, 06:55 PM
*sigh* And for a while this thread was doing so well...

Assassin_M
01-17-2014, 06:59 PM
*sigh* And for a while this thread was doing so well...
until you showed up and ruined everything:mad:

it was going SO well...

actually, it started going to crap the moment AC II started winning

itsamea-mario
01-17-2014, 07:19 PM
AC2 was a good game.

Assassin_M
01-17-2014, 07:24 PM
Ac: L hd > ac2

killzab
01-17-2014, 07:29 PM
Ac: L hd > ac2

Nice troll ...

Assassin_M
01-17-2014, 07:34 PM
Nice troll ...
Didn't you say you'll never reply to me again?

and no, AC II CAN suck and that's my opinioz

luckyto
01-17-2014, 07:59 PM
The way I see.. there's this category of AC's where it gets story missions, collectibles, and side content right ... AC Black Flag and AC2 with Brotherhood a honorable mention

And then there's the category that plays relatively smooth, is fun to control and the combat is outstanding: AC1 followed distantly by AC3 and ACR.

If AC1 had the side content of Black Flag or AC2, it would destroy them all. If Black Flag had the combat of AC1 or ACIII, it would blow them all away. Really, what is left is a bunch of great games that were "almost perfect." AC2 is winning out on nostalgia, but Black Flag is arguably better in most every category... and they are... for all practical purposes, equally good. AC1 still has the best combat, the best AI, the best escape, the best setting, and the best assassinations of the lot. That said, I find it really hard to pick between the titles.

egriffin09
01-17-2014, 08:57 PM
AC2 is winning out on nostalgia, but Black Flag is arguably better in most every category... and they are... for all practical purposes, equally good.

^^This. 100% agree.

lothario-da-be
01-17-2014, 09:36 PM
until you showed up and ruined everything:mad:

it was going SO well...

actually, it started going to crap the moment AC II started winning
Well, it was winning from the start :p

Assassin_M
01-17-2014, 09:38 PM
Well, it was winning from the start :p
Then it's bad as soon as it started......just like AC II, come to think of it

lothario-da-be
01-17-2014, 09:43 PM
Then it's bad as soon as it started......just like AC II, come to think of it
lol i quite like ac2 tbh.
But now serious, how did ac3 get so high on your ranking again? I mean weren't you hating ac3 some months ago?

marcbryan
01-17-2014, 09:49 PM
The story and characters purposely became far more physiological, but hey, what do you expect from a fanbase now full of children? If they demand a simpler tale with a Gary Sue that treats women like objects, then we might as well forget new protagonists. Let's revive Ezio and have him fight Alien Templars in Space for another Trilogy. I mean, who cares if the Templars are Aliens, right? All we need are one-dimensional villains that continues to grow and become more menacing by the sequels.

EDIT: I can smell the ratings. AC1> AC2> ACB> ACR> ACEzioInSpace 1> ACEzioInSpace 2> ACEzioInSpace 3> AC4> AC3.

Haha. I like you. Even if it may have been a little mean spirited it's kind of true. I really liked AC2 when I played it but he and the game are definitely overrated.

I like Connor more so because I feel particularly empathetic towards the Native Americans in regard to how they and their lands were treated by the seemingly peaceful and diplomatic "colonists". God damn European imperialists were *** holes and so were the Founding Fathers.

I also appreciated his willingness to do right by people he felt were being oppressed even if were the colonists. He definitely engaged the situation with naivety and rash behavior but he was doing the best he could with the knowledge he had even if it was wrong. Took a lot for him to not enact revenge on Washington and the colonies for what they did to the natives in the Northeast. Could just be bad writing or a testament to his character but either way they should give him another game and they should have added that epilogue speech from Forsaken!

Also, he has a tomahawk and says "Thank You" when skinning animals.

Assassin_M
01-17-2014, 09:50 PM
lol i quite like ac2 tbh.
But now serious, how did ac3 get so high on your ranking again? I mean weren't you hating ac3 some months ago?
AC III got a high ranking because it returned to the ambiguous story, had a much better protagonist and introduced a lot of improvements...it's a FAR bigger leap from the past AC games than any of the sequels.

for more serious talk, check your PMs xP

lothario-da-be
01-17-2014, 09:51 PM
Haha. I like you. Even if it may a little mean spirited it's kind of true. I really liked AC2 when I played it but he and the game are definitely overrated.

I like Connor more so because I feel particularly empathetic to the treatment of Native Americans and their lands by the seemingly peaceful and diplomatic "colonists". ******* Europeans imperialists were *****s and so were the Founding Fathers.

I also appreciated his willingness to do right by people he felt were being oppressed even if were the colonists. He definitely engaged the situation with naivety and rash behavior but he was doing the best he could with the knowledge he had even if it was wrong. Took a lot for him to not enact revenge on Washington and the colonies for what they did to the natives in the Northeast. Could just be bad writing or a testament to his character but either way they should give him another game and they should have added that epilogue speech from Forsaken!

Also, he has a tomahawk and says "Thank You" when skinning animals.
After a hard day, these kind of posts make me happy again :)

lothario-da-be
01-17-2014, 09:57 PM
AC III got a high ranking because it returned to the ambiguous story, had a much better protagonist and introduced a lot of improvements...it's a FAR bigger leap from the past AC games than any of the sequels.

for more serious talk, check your PMs xP
Well that explains a lot! I should actualy realy replay ac3 its been more then 8 months since i last played it. Maybe i will appreciate it more after a long break. Because even though I am a big Connor fan ac3 dissapointed me too.

Assassin_M
01-17-2014, 09:59 PM
Well that explains a lot! I should actualy realy replay ac3 its been more then 8 months since i last played it. Maybe i will appreciate it more after a long break. Because even though I am a big Connor fan ac3 dissapointed me too.
AC III is a disappointed, agreed of course...

Fatal-Feit
01-17-2014, 11:47 PM
Yeah riiiiight ... :rolleyes:

Thread was derailed as it could be. So I was summing people's opinions on diehard AC:3 fans in a nutshell. No surprising THE trolls of the fans sincerely take it seriously. :cool:

joose_2
01-18-2014, 01:31 AM
AC4 and AC2 are super close, but I like AC4 the best. The gameplay is A+ and naval.....simply amazing. I don't know if I could go back to another AC game without naval. Multiplayer is also a huge plus.

The biggest thing I miss about AC2 (and B and R) is Ezio. He's fun, charming, virtuous, sexy, exciting, and he makes me care about his story. I miss him now that I think about it :P Out of all the things Ubi copies from game to game, a protagonist like Ezio should be top of the list.

Assassin_M
01-18-2014, 01:53 AM
Out of all the things Ubi copies from game to game, a protagonist like Ezio should be top of the list.
This is a post made by a very ideal and intelligent fan. the type that will revitalize the series...we need more fans like you.

ze_topazio
01-18-2014, 02:17 AM
AC2 is winning out on nostalgia

I replayed the game not that long and still think is the best overall.

Assassin_M
01-18-2014, 02:17 AM
That's what Nostalgia is...

marcbryan
01-18-2014, 02:29 AM
This is a post made by a very ideal and intelligent fan. the type that will revitalize the series...we need more fans like you.

Sarcasm?

Just saw the sig quote. Literally laugh out loud. Lol'd if you will.

Shahkulu101
01-18-2014, 02:35 AM

I can't quite comprehend that. I done the same about 3 weeks or so ago and I honestly barely enjoyed myself. Combat is crap, stealth is boring and the campaign is filled with dull escort missions... The assassination missions aren't at all fun, although open-ended you have a massive lack of options in how to approach.

Compared to ACIV the gameplay is so basic and primitive and It's a bit of a drag to play through. This is just me of course, I'd like to hear yours.

ze_topazio
01-18-2014, 02:42 AM
That's what Nostalgia is...

I don't know, AC2 is one of those few games that after finishing made me think, "Wow, i just played something rather special", few games made me feel that, this generation if I'm not mistaken only AC2 and Red Dead redemption made me feel that, what can i say, me and AC2 just clicked.

Shahkulu101, AC4 is really great, but the game lacks something, I'm not quite sure what, but it lacks that special touch that masterpieces have, whatever sense that makes.

cjdavies
01-18-2014, 02:45 AM
AC2> AC4 > AC3 > AC

I have played Brotherhood and Revelations and enjoyed but can't remember them enough to rank them.

I want to put AC4 first, but AC2 was the one that kept me into the series after the first one.

AC2 - I loved the story and played this straight from AC, just changed discs, and really the length of the story and kept saying this is how AC should have been, mission variety.

AC4 - this is just going to stay in my mind forever - I'm from Wales and only 7 miles away from Swansea. I have just finished he storyline today (now need to mop up all forts, assassin contracts and templar hunts) and enjoyed it, I disliked the naval combt in AC3 and thought I ain't goingto enjoy this but I did! What I enjoyed most was the stealth, it worked much better, yes you can easily run and fight as there was no "don't get detected" unless tailing/evesdropping, but I prefer stealth.

AC3 - enjoyed story, but stealth was terrible, AND SPOILER ALERT:

Playing Connor a bit late into the game/memory sequence was a pain as you had to wait for him to become an Assassin later than I would have liked, yes the twist was great at the start. At times during missions I felt I was playing a war game.

AC1: Excellent story, biggest letdown, it was repetitive and moving from one city to the next for first time - couldn't go fast on the horse.

Shahkulu101
01-18-2014, 02:59 AM
I don't know, AC2 is one of those few games that after finishing made me think, "Wow, i just played something rather special", few games made me feel that, this generation if I'm not mistaken only AC2 and Red Dead redemption made me feel that, what can i say, me and AC2 just clicked.

Shahkulu101, AC4 is really great, but the game lacks something, I'm not quite sure what, but it lacks that special touch that masterpieces have, whatever sense that makes.

I think it's probably the music. The score is one of the most emotive, strikingly beautiful thing in existence. And when you've spent your time with this charming, ideal guy, hunting down Templars, experiencing the sights and sounds of Renaissance Italy and seeing the plot unfold quite epically - with TWCB, the codex pages - it's all rounded of by yet another heart wrenching round of Ezio's family as the credits roll and you crack a grin, the sense of accomplishment sinking in just as the violin gets kicking...I do quite like AC2, all things considered.

AC4 and Brotherhood all the way. Screw complex stories tbh, I've had enough pretentious psuedo-philosophy shoved down my throat. That's where AC2 excelled too.

I know I've said Brotherhood was too simple but that's not really my problem with it. I dunno I wasn't really invested in it...but Idgaf because it's so bloody fun to play.

marcbryan
01-18-2014, 03:52 AM
I can't quite comprehend that. I done the same about 3 weeks or so ago and I honestly barely enjoyed myself. Combat is crap, stealth is boring and the campaign is filled with dull escort missions... The assassination missions aren't at all fun, although open-ended you have a massive lack of options in how to approach.

Compared to ACIV the gameplay is so basic and primitive and It's a bit of a drag to play through. This is just me of course, I'd like to hear yours.

I agree. Although I did like 2 I feel like Black Flag has much better gameplay mechanics and mission design. The opening to 2 is one of the best in the series especially when the violin kicks in.

I think "Ezio's Family" is better than the actual game. Haha.

Assassin_M
01-18-2014, 03:58 AM
I agree. I feel like Black Flag is 2 but with much better gameplay mechanics and mission design
I felt like BF was I with greater variety, better mechanics and ships....or III with MUCH better game design...

BF is like II, except it sucks a whole lot less...

Shahkulu101
01-18-2014, 04:01 AM
I felt like BF was I with greater variety, better mechanics and ships....or III with MUCH better game design...

Clearly you like it to some degree...else you wouldn't have played it 100s of times. Surely you don't need that much playtime to 'keep up with the lore'. You're a hipster, M.

Just like Trevor Phillips.

Assassin_M
01-18-2014, 04:02 AM
Clearly you like it to some degree...else you wouldn't have played it 100s of times. Surely you don't need that much playtime to 'keep up with the lore'. You're a hipster, M.

Just like Trevor Phillips.
How am I hipster? my favorite AC is AC IV. the second favorite widely in this cesspit..

and I had that argument with Sixkeys already before >_>

marcbryan
01-18-2014, 04:19 AM
Connor Kenway. This man should be called “The Man of Steel”. I mean c’mon, he had no creed, he had no backup, just him, alone running from one faction to another, trying to put the pieces together and fighting people more skilled than he is, taking challenges larger than himself and in the end, he finds out that he trusted the wrong people. He isn’t stupid, he isn’t naive. He’s just one man and he’s the spark of a greater good. This man does deserve another adventure or CGI film or DLC or whatever. I prefer Ezio because I could see his whole story and it was the most satisfactory. Connor, however was given a game that’s too small to fit him. He’s amazing and I need to see more of him to judge.

This, Rhino, was well put. Almost exactly how I feel about Connor. Your synopsis and criticism of each game and character was definitely interesting and well thought out. I appreciate your enthusiasm for the series.

Wolfmeister1010
01-18-2014, 04:41 AM

It lacks that magical story that only AC2 got perfectly. I am not a fan of ezio (at least not in that game) but damn that story was fantastic.

Wolfmeister1010
01-18-2014, 04:42 AM
clearly you like it to some degree...else you wouldn't have played it 100s of times. Surely you don't need that much playtime to 'keep up with the lore'. You're a hipster, m.

Just like trevor phillips.

gtafanboygtfothistown

Assassin_M
01-18-2014, 04:49 AM
gtafanboygtfothistown
Wade > Ezio

adventurewomen
01-18-2014, 04:50 AM
The biggest thing I miss about AC2 (and B and R) is Ezio. He's fun, charming, virtuous, sexy, exciting, and he makes me care about his story. I miss him now that I think about it :P Out of all the things Ubi copies from game to game, a protagonist like Ezio should be top of the list.
It's AC fans like you that keep my palm stuck closely on my face. Just to empathize this I'll *facepalm* Ezio was so dull, and irritating, I did'nt want to know how many "outlets" he scored with or with who.

http://i.imgur.com/pAU8gFd.gif

Wolfmeister1010
01-18-2014, 05:17 AM
It's AC fans like you that keep my palm stuck closely on my face. Just to empathize this I'll *facepalm* Ezio was so dull, and irritating, I did'nt want to know how many "outlets" he scored with or with who.

Please stop. People are entitled to their opinion and you are going to start a war!

FreeKnowledge
01-18-2014, 05:41 AM
War it never changes,war is never easy,honestly if I really think about it I'd go with Altair.ppl say Connor did everything by himself I say Altair did all that first,he basically took on a empire and the church all by himself so yeah I choose Altair.

SixKeys
01-18-2014, 06:23 AM

I still replay AC2 often and I think I will continue to replay it more times than AC4. Don't get me wrong, AC4 has a fantastic amount of variety, hours of entertainment and it benefits from building on top of and polishing the features from previous titles. But the story is just okay. It's like I movie I only need to see once or twice, whereas AC2 always makes me want to replay it as soon as I finish it. Maybe it helps that you can't replay individual memories in AC2. I keep thinking back to my favorite missions or scenes and thinking "man, I wanna do that again", and the only way to experience it is to replay the entire game. Some people might find it tiresome, but I find that the story holds up so well it doesn't really irk me. I still get chills every time in the scene where Ezio's family is executed, excited when I discover my first glyph (even though I already have them all memorized) and giddy every time Uncle Mario tours me around Monteriggioni and I get that feeling of "I can make these people's lives better". Going through the same old tutorials doesn't feel like a chore because of how naturally they're weaved into the story. For example, I don't mind racing my brother to the top of the church even though I already know all the controls, because of the way it's presented. The progression system is great, too. You don't have all your fighting moves from the start, you have to learn them. And every time you find one of the assassin seals and come one step closer to unlocking Altaïr's armor, it just feels like an achievement because it's presented as this ultimate treasure. In AC4 the Templar and Mayan armors were okay, but didn't hold any special meaning to Edward. (To be fair, that's how all the special armors have been after AC2.)

I'm not saying AC2 is perfect by any means. The AI is probably the dumbest in the entire series and combat is definitely the worst. But for all the shiny things AC4 introduced or improved upon, I still prefer the story, characters and atmosphere in AC2.

AdamPearce
01-18-2014, 06:35 AM
AC2 is just so good, I mean, whaterver you can say about, how much the story is cheap, the character empty, etc etc. It just stays as one of the best game I've ever played. May beit's the first impression but damn, I can't hate this game, I just can't ! I just like everything ! My only regret is that it hadn't had ACB's graphics.

The clothes
The animations
The cities (omg the citiiies)
The missions
The feeling you get with Ezio
Ezio himself.

AAAHHH !!!

(AC4 hater just sayin')

AdamPearce
01-18-2014, 06:39 AM

I felt like Black Flag was a quantity game. Tons of stuff to do, but that's it, it's game, when AC is suppose to be an experience.

poptartz20
01-18-2014, 07:14 AM

Umm... My person favorite is Ezio in space 2 where he takes on Templars from the planet Templardia ... I didn't think he was going to make it back to his ship in time but
when mecha-ceasar showed up. . . then used the gems from the first civ and used chaos control to blow up the universe it was intense.

But EZIO ALWAYS WINS!

And now ... I can't stop laughing.

But really... That was great.

Assassin_M
01-18-2014, 08:29 AM
I felt like Black Flag was a quantity game. Tons of stuff to do, but that's it, it's game, when AC is suppose to be an experience.
I experienced the life and change of a Pirate scoundrel...that did it for me

killzab
01-18-2014, 09:12 AM

You know, you complain you get a lot of hate on these forums, but I think you actually WANT to be hated, and you deserve it...

HiddenKiller612
01-18-2014, 09:37 AM
Sometimes I take a look at the posts here and wonder if they're just made by the same person, with multiple accounts... doing nothing but trolling each of it's personalities.

Assassin_M
01-18-2014, 10:12 AM
Sometimes I take a look at the posts here and wonder if they're just made by the same person, with multiple accounts... doing nothing but trolling each of it's personalities.
Wouldn't that be a fun twist to this boring forum?

roostersrule2
01-18-2014, 11:52 AM
gtafanboygtfothistownNo that's me, don't go fanboyaccusingwifoutdemagicliscenematey.

marcbryan
01-18-2014, 01:19 PM
It lacks that magical story that only AC2 got perfectly.

I think that maybe the cities, music, and charming protagonist make the game what it was and why it's held in such high regard. The story is pretty forgetful in my opinion and so is the entire supporting cast with the exception of Christina.

itsamea-mario
01-18-2014, 01:22 PM
No that's me, don't go fanboyaccusingwifoutdemagicliscenematey.

Wait, are you a TROLL!?
Because trolls should be rounded up and shot.
apparently.

You know, you complain you get a lot of hate on these forums, but I think you actually WANT to be hated, and you deserve it...

+1

Fatal-Feit
01-18-2014, 03:20 PM

I felt the opposite. Black Flag is beautiful to no end and its story and gameplay is near perfect for an AC game. Whether you're exploring, fighting, or in midst of a naval battle, the game just looks absolutely gorgeous. And there was absolutely no linearity at all. I've placed over 250+ hours into replays and I'm still not satisfied. I just want to jump into another save and perform this mission or quest differently. Catch subtle story elements or Easter Eggs I've missed in the previous replays. Re:read and listen to dialogues I've forgotten. Everything in the game is just so fun and pretty that I wanted to experience it again and again and again and again and again and again.

I don't know what it is in AC:2 that has people drooling over it. Haven't replayed it entirely for a long time, but from what I remember I was as uninterested with it as I was with AC:1. It was until AC:R that I started actually paying more attention to the series.

egriffin09
01-18-2014, 03:43 PM
I think it's the cities & music in AC 2 too. Now that I think about it, the story in AC 2 was really mysterious with the codex stuff, but the rest of it was just "good." But for what AC 4 lacks in mystery, it makes up with pure emotion and the transformation of Edward towards the middle/end of the game, and Ubisoft gave Edward a "human" quality, which is what made Edward so good, a quality Ezio just didn't have, Ezio was more "over the top" . AC 4's story is the most emotional story in the series. Best ending to an AC game imo.

AdamPearce
01-18-2014, 04:10 PM
I felt the opposite. Black Flag is beautiful to no end and its story and gameplay is near perfect for an AC game.

No, it has a good artistic direction, but the graphics are still cartoonish, not talking of the cliiping and aliasing that is just horrible.
Story is focused on a pirate who wants more money to stop being a pirate, I don't see how it match with an Assassin' s Creed game.
And the gameplay is naval focused, so no, here too it does not match Assassin's Creed.

Whether you're exploring, fighting, or in midst of a naval battle, the game just looks absolutely gorgeous.

No, look at any other open-wolrd on 2014 and you'll see how much AC4 is late on graphics. And the Anvil Next is broken, since AC3.

And there was absolutely no linearity at all.

Tailling missions, nuff said'.

I was as uninterested with it as I was with AC:1. It was until AC:R that I started actually paying more attention to the series.

meeeh, now I understand.

itsamea-mario
01-18-2014, 04:14 PM
meeeh, now I understand.

heh

I-Like-Pie45
01-18-2014, 04:24 PM
adventurewomen, why won't you respond to my request

you'll be far better loved there than you will be here

don't listen to the last bumpkin who we brought here

she was just prejudiced and overreactive

in fact she tried to kill me with a machete

but i got better. Because my feet are light and nimble. I never sleep.I say that I will never die. I dance in light and shadow and I am a great favorite. I never sleep, the judge. I am dancing, dancing. I will never die

I can't wait for that little stain to realize whats' going to happen when they find them. She think it will just be a simple blood sample or something but I know what they'll do, I read the script after I finished filming my part. shirley that stupid stupid brute she carried around with her would of been irritated away by then so that no one can save her. Because who could get emo attached to a mistake like her?

roostersrule2
01-18-2014, 04:33 PM
Wait, are you a TROLL!?
Because trolls should be rounded up and shot.
apparently.Surely this can't be.

Abraham Trollcon would not have stood for this, God bless his soul. He fought in WW1 and in Vietnam so that all could have their day, even the likes of us trolls.

+1+2

adventurewomen, why won't you respond to my request

you'll be far better loved there than you will be here

don't listen to the last bumpkin who we brought here

she was just prejudiced and overreactive

in fact she tried to kill me with a machete

but i got better. Because my feet are light and nimble. I never sleep.I say that I will never die. I dance in light and shadow and I am a great favorite. I never sleep, the judge. I am dancing, dancing. I will never die

I can't wait for that little stain to realize whats' going to happen when they find them. She think it will just be a simple blood sample or something but I know what they'll do, I read the script after I finished filming my part. shirley that stupid stupid brute she carried around with her would of been irritated away by then so that no one can save her. Because who could get emo attached to a mistake like her?You are the most creative person I have ever seen.

In thousands of years your words shall be quoted.

Fatal-Feit
01-18-2014, 06:28 PM
No, it has a good artistic direction, but the graphics are still cartoonish, not talking of the cliiping and aliasing that is just horrible.
Story is focused on a pirate who wants more money to stop being a pirate, I don't see how it match with an Assassin' s Creed game.
And the gameplay is naval focused, so no, here too it does not match Assassin's Creed.

I prefer the cartoony graphics over the drab robot eyes and plastic textures of AC:2. There have been way too many controversial arguments with the story so I'll leave you to your opinion. The Naval however, I disagree. Naval was an important part of making the open world work in AC:IV. Even if it's a big part of the game, AC:IV still managed to balance it in both story and gameplay. And you have to admit, stealth was way more apparent and handy in AC:IV, whether it's plundering a ship, fort, or warehouse.

No, look at any other open-wolrd on 2014 and you'll see how much AC4 is late on graphics. And the Anvil Next is broken, since AC3.

I don't know what you've been playing or what platform you're on, but AC:IV looks outstanding. As PC gamer, I've played my share of AAA titles on max settings the past year so I can genuinely say AC:IV is up there in the graphics department. The facial animations are outdated, sure, but everything else isn't. And the engine could use an upgrade, I agree, however judging from the many fans requests of borrowing the AnvilNext for remakes, I say a majority of AC:2 fans don't think its broken.

Tailling missions, nuff said'.

I won't sugarcoat it. Those missions were the least fun. But as I have said in another thread, there could be several more of them and I'd still think AC:IV is superior.

itsamea-mario
01-18-2014, 06:30 PM
AC2 had probably the most cartoonish graphics of them all....
Difference is they were both cartoonish and terrible.

...AC1 however....

Loki Will Rule
01-18-2014, 06:54 PM
My favourite games in the series are probably AC4, AC3, and AC1. I enjoyed all the games, I just found the characters and stories slightly more interesting in the choices I picked.

ze_topazio
01-18-2014, 07:43 PM
AC1 graphics are overrated, textures look fairly simplistic and blurry and everything is kind of blocky.

lothario-da-be
01-18-2014, 09:08 PM
AC1 graphics are overrated, textures look fairly simplistic and blurry and everything is kind of blocky.
True, but still: Assassin's creed 1 graphics > Ezio's trilogy graphics. Even more when we are talking about graphics at release. AC1 was graphicly a revolution . I have heard multiple people saying that ac1 was the first true next gen game.

itsamea-mario
01-18-2014, 09:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx27KtyhNtQ

...just...

lothario-da-be
01-18-2014, 09:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx27KtyhNtQ

...just...
The quality of the vid is ****. I can find ac1 vids with even worse graphics too...

itsamea-mario
01-18-2014, 09:25 PM
The quality of the vid is ****. I can find ac1 vids with even worse graphics too...

It's nothing to do with video quality, it's just really badly made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8BFkoq6BpE

Assassin_M
01-18-2014, 09:27 PM
Why are you all so surprised? I thought we established some time ago that AC II sucks

itsamea-mario
01-18-2014, 09:28 PM
Why are you all so surprised? I thought we established some time ago that AC II sucks

AC2 is a good game.

lothario-da-be
01-18-2014, 09:29 PM
It's nothing to do with video quality, it's just really badly made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8BFkoq6BpE
You are right, it looks already a lot better here. But still pretty bad.

lothario-da-be
01-18-2014, 09:30 PM
Semi-sucks. It impoved a lot but also did some things worse. Combat was a joke, less interesting story, much more linear.

Assassin_M
01-18-2014, 10:12 PM
Semi-sucks. It impoved a lot but also did some things worse. Combat was a joke, less interesting story, much more linear.
as long as "sucks" is used somewhere in the sentence, then i'm fine

AC2 is a good game.
Yeah, the music was nice

Hans684
01-18-2014, 10:15 PM
Yeah, the music was nice

Until ACIVBF.

I-Like-Pie45
01-18-2014, 11:35 PM
Since we are all supposed to be alts trolling, i guess its for the best we come out

I am also sidspyker, jexx, cotillion, mr. Shade, M, and mario
My older sister Chelsea is adventurewomen, wolfmeister, killzab, black widow, silvermercy, and shahkulu

What are your alts people?

Assassin_M
01-18-2014, 11:37 PM
Since we are all supposed to be alts trolling, i guess its for the best we come out

I am also sidspyker, jexx, cotillion, mr. Shade, M, and mario
My older sister Chelsea is adventurewomen, wolfmeister, killzab, black widow, silvermercy, and shahkulu

What are your alts people?
Killzab is a girl??

I-Like-Pie45
01-18-2014, 11:43 PM
Yes she is.

Expect her to vehemently deny it tho.

Just as i expect myself to deny my own identity in a few posts incoming.

killzab
01-18-2014, 11:44 PM
Yes she is.

Expect her to vehemently deny it tho.

Just as i expect myself to deny my own identity in a few posts incoming.

Lol nope, since my name is Killian --> killzab

I-Like-Pie45
01-18-2014, 11:45 PM
Just as I expected you to say, Chelsea

Assassin_M
01-18-2014, 11:49 PM
Just as I expected you to say, Chelsea
Can I flirt with her?

Best AC game is AC IV, you're all nostalgic

(an effort to not get banned again)

I-Like-Pie45
01-18-2014, 11:51 PM
Give me money

I still need to play AC4

Assassin_M
01-18-2014, 11:54 PM
Give me money

I still need to play AC4
Check?

Do it, it's better than AssCred: Lulzio caresses boobs

I-Like-Pie45
01-18-2014, 11:55 PM
Thanks

Ill orobably get to it by mid year

Im very behind reg Q4s big games

I mean i just got past the part where trevor is really mean to the GTA4 dlc guys

itsamea-mario
01-19-2014, 04:14 AM
Can I flirt with her?

Best AC game is AC IV, you're all nostalgic

(an effort to not get banned again)

Surely if it was purely nostalgia, then after the fifth time playing AC1 i would have realised?
Same goes for AC2
Which is a good game.

Assassin_M
01-19-2014, 04:17 AM
Surely if it was purely nostalgia, then after the fifth time playing AC1 i would have realised?
Same goes for AC2
Which is a good game.
You don't realize nostalgia...You keep playing to feel nostalgia, but you don't actually realize it...

no, it sucks

roostersrule2
01-19-2014, 04:18 AM
no, it sucksno u

Assassin_M
01-19-2014, 04:20 AM
it's all just Nostalgia.

Just like how people try to convince us that Connor isn't monotone when HE BLOODY IS, AC II fans try to convince us that their lifting of AC II, a bug filled crapfest, on a pedestal is not nostalgia...

poptartz20
01-19-2014, 04:25 AM
it's all just Nostalgia.

Just like how people try to convince us that Connor isn't monotone when HE BLOODY IS, AC II fans try to convince us that their lifting of AC II, a bug filled crapfest, on a pedestal is not nostalgia...

whaaa? Connor Monotoned? BLASPHEMY! I don't think we played the same game AT ALL. lol.

Assassin_M
01-19-2014, 04:26 AM
whaaa? Connor Monotoned? BLASPHEMY! I don't think we played the same game AT ALL. lol.
You don't understand Connor at all D:

you're an Ezio fangorl

itsamea-mario
01-19-2014, 04:27 AM
You don't realize nostalgia...You keep playing to feel nostalgia, but you don't actually realize it...

no, it sucks

nah man, nahhhhhh, nostalgia sugarcoats memories. Most things people have nostalgia for, they go back to experience again and realize that it was actually pretty bad.
With ACB i kind of had negative nostalgia, i always thought of it as being a pretty bad game, but going back and playing it i realise that, as a game, it's pretty strong.
Similar for AC3, it can be quite fun if you play it in a certain way.

AC1 was just a good game.

....As was AC2.

Assassin_M
01-19-2014, 04:29 AM
Most things people have nostalgia for, they go back to experience again and realize that it was actually pretty bad.
That's the point...if you don't realize that AC II is bad, then it's Nostalgia..

itsamea-mario
01-19-2014, 04:34 AM
That's the point...if you don't realize that AC II is bad, then it's Nostalgia..

But i did think AC2 was bad, when it was only AC2 and AC1, i always said that AC2 was pretty crap, but it wasn't, it was one of the few games that any effort went into making, whilst the creative team still remembered whilst it was they were supposed to be doing.

poptartz20
01-19-2014, 04:36 AM
You don't understand Connor at all D:

you're an Ezio fangorl

oH nOeZ!

U has figured out my sekret!

Ezio was the deepest character because he understooded really real loss and Knew what it mean 2 be a real assassino because He know how to use blade of hidden. + There was many mystories. Just like Skooby Doo! I solveded them all!

Gahh... I think I just like 5 IQ points writing this.

Assassin_M
01-19-2014, 04:36 AM
But i did think AC2 was bad.
And now...after playing it again, you think it's good

if that's not Nostalgia, I don't know what is...

Assassin_M
01-19-2014, 04:37 AM
oH nOeZ!

U has figured out my sekret!

Ezio was the deepest character because he understooded really real loss and Knew what it mean 2 be a real assassino because He know how to use blade of hidden. + There was many mystories. Just like Skooby Doo! I solveded them all!

I laughed so hard at blade of hidden, thank you

itsamea-mario
01-19-2014, 04:39 AM
And now...after playing it again, you think it's good

if that's not Nostalgia, I don't know what is...

It's not, that's like, the opposite of nostalgia.....

poptartz20
01-19-2014, 04:42 AM
I laughed so hard at blade of hidden, thank you

You ... are very welcome friend. :D

Assassin_M
01-19-2014, 04:51 AM
It's not, that's like, the opposite of nostalgia.....
mate......no, no it's not

itsamea-mario
01-19-2014, 04:59 AM
mate......no, no it's not

"a sentimental longing or wistful affection for a period in the past"

The sentiment here being Assassins Creed 2 is bad. This is how i remembered AC2, with crap smeared spectacles, it would be a year since i played it and i'd think "oh AC2, that was a bad game"
Then i decide to play it again, and i start to find the good points, i know think it is a pretty good game, my original impression has been changed by re experiencing the thing.

This is exactly the same as liking some retro game from the 80/90's, remembering it through rose tinted spectacles, then going back to play it and realising that, it's actually pretty rubbish, you just think it was good because you played it as a child and everything is good when you're a child.

Assassin_M
01-19-2014, 05:43 AM
"a sentimental longing or wistful affection for a period in the past"

The sentiment here being Assassins Creed 2 is bad. This is how i remembered AC2, with crap smeared spectacles, it would be a year since i played it and i'd think "oh AC2, that was a bad game"
Then i decide to play it again, and i start to find the good points, i know think it is a pretty good game, my original impression has been changed by re experiencing the thing.

This is exactly the same as liking some retro game from the 80/90's, remembering it through rose tinted spectacles, then going back to play it and realising that, it's actually pretty rubbish, you just think it was good because you played it as a child and everything is good when you're a child.
I don't see how replaying it removes it's status as STILL being a part of the past. maybe you saw its good points BECAUSE you're reminiscing about it...your experience is rose tinted, because it's the past. AC II IS the past. you thought it was bad based on when you played it IN THE PAST, but now...present, which is future to the past, you think it's better...thus rose tints...thus nostalgia

itsamea-mario
01-19-2014, 05:50 AM
I don't see how replaying it removes it's status as STILL being a part of the past. maybe you saw its good points BECAUSE you're reminiscing about it...your experience is rose tinted, because it's the past. AC II IS the past. you thought it was bad based on when you played it IN THE PAST, but now...present, which is future to the past, you think it's better...thus rose tints...thus nostalgia

By this logic liking anything is just nostalgia. Which it isn't.

Assassin_M
01-19-2014, 05:54 AM
By this logic liking anything is just nostalgia. Which it isn't.
No, what i'm saying is that liking something, that's IN THE PAST, after you didn't like it, IN THE PAST, IS Nostalgia...

(I understood your point by the way, but this is more fun, don't you think?)

itsamea-mario
01-19-2014, 06:00 AM
No, what i'm saying is that liking something, that's IN THE PAST, after you didn't like it, IN THE PAST, IS Nostalgia...

(I understood your point by the way, but this is more fun, don't you think?)

EVERYTHING IS IN THE PAST!

Yes, let's get the handbags out, make a proper show of it.

Assassin_M
01-19-2014, 06:22 AM
EVERYTHING IS IN THE PAST!

Yes, let's get the handbags out, make a proper show of it.
No, i mean past PAST...like 4 years past...that's different from the second past...like this is the past...oop, past again...and again.

(Proper show, that'd spice things up)

AdamPearce
01-19-2014, 06:40 AM
So according to you changing opinion in a positive about something after several years is automatically related to nostalgia ? So what about disliking something we liked after several years ? Illumination ?

Assassin_M
01-19-2014, 07:53 AM
So according to you, bearer of correct opinions and facts, changing opinion in a positive about something after several years is automatically related to nostalgia ?
Yes

So what about disliking something we liked after several years ? Illumination ?
No, Revelations.

lothario-da-be
01-19-2014, 10:00 AM
72 people voted :eek:

poptartz20
01-19-2014, 10:50 AM
^ That's it!? still not a bad turn out though.. .

SixKeys
01-19-2014, 02:43 PM
People grow and change. It is possible to change one's opinion without being deluded by nostalgia.

lothario-da-be
01-19-2014, 03:00 PM
People grow and change. It is possible to change one's opinion without being deluded by nostalgia.
This, ac1 is what got me into the franchise, and i loved it. But after ac2 and acb I thought it was a failed experiment. Then i replayed it 1 year later and LOVED it. I guess i was just too young when i first played it too fully apreciate it. (I was 11)

Assassin_M
01-19-2014, 06:27 PM
Yeah, keep sugarcoating it, thinking that it's growth or paying attention to the "good points" of the game...

it's just nostalgia, nothing more...you people are in denial

Shahkulu101
01-19-2014, 06:36 PM
Yeah, keep sugarcoating it, thinking that it's growth or paying attention to the "good points" of the game...

it's just nostalgia, nothing more...you people are in denial

Yes, it is totally just the nostalgia affect which has resulted in AC2 being universally acclaimed on Metacritic, the majority of fans believing it is the best, and Ubisoft essentially building of it's foundations for two more games due to it's success. Isn't it?

Sheesh, M. I'm not AC2s biggest fan either but damn it...

SixKeys
01-19-2014, 06:39 PM
You know what? I'll play along. So what if it is nostalgia, by your definition? Let's say I watch a movie this year and think it's totally crap. Then five years down the line I watch it again and suddenly find myself really enjoying it. Is that nostalgia? Is it me having changed over the years? Who really cares? If I'm getting enjoyment out of it, why does it matter?

Assassin_M
01-19-2014, 06:41 PM
Yes, it is totally just the nostalgia affect which has resulted in AC2 being universally acclaimed on Metacritic, the majority of fans believing it is the best, and Ubisoft essentially building of it's foundations for two more games due to it's success. Isn't it?

Sheesh, M. I'm not AC2s biggest fan either but damn it...
Call of duty gets universal acclaim on metacritic.

and AC I's biggest problem was repetitiveness, so when AC II got rid of that repetitiveness (sort of) everybody got a *****...

and please...majority of fans thinking it's the best?? which fans?? like the intelligent one in my signature? or the morons on YT?

Assassin_M
01-19-2014, 06:42 PM
You know what? I'll play along. So what if it is nostalgia, by your definition? Let's say I watch a movie this year and think it's totally crap. Then five years down the line I watch it again and suddenly find myself really enjoying it. Is that nostalgia? Is it me having changed over the years? Who really cares? If I'm getting enjoyment out of it, why does it matter?
Exactly, why is everyone so upset that it's nostalgia? every time someone brings up the word "Nostalgia" with AC II, jimmies get rustled..

Shahkulu101
01-19-2014, 06:50 PM
Call of duty gets universal acclaim on metacritic.

and AC I's biggest problem was repetitiveness, so when AC II got rid of that repetitiveness (sort of) everybody got a *****...

and please...majority of fans thinking it's the best?? which fans?? like the intelligent one in my signature? or the morons on YT?

Comments everywhere (IGN etc), polls on here, intelligent, constructive members here...

The general consensus is that AC2 is the best and everyone agrees, except you. Isn't that true guys? (Back me up here peeps)

Assassin_M
01-19-2014, 06:53 PM
Comments everywhere (IGN etc), polls on here, intelligent, constructive members here...
Polls don't mean anything...here it's nostalgia..I haven't seen a constructive member here saying AC II is the best

The general consensus is that AC2 is the best and everyone agrees, except you. Isn't that true guys? (Back me up here peeps)
No one likes you...no one will back you up....you are alone...all by your lonesome...because you eat BACON

Shahkulu101
01-19-2014, 06:58 PM
Polls don't mean anything...here it's nostalgia..I haven't seen a constructive member here saying AC II is the best

No one likes you...no one will back you up....you are alone...all by your lonesome...because you eat BACON

Ze_Topazio will be mad.

You're just jealous because you fantasize about eating bacon, knowing your petty religion does not permit it.

Assassin_M
01-19-2014, 07:00 PM
Ze_Topazio will be mad.

You're just jealous because you fantasize about eating bacon, knowing your petty religion does not permit it.
He's not constructive..

I eat beef bacon, junior...and don't you dare tell me pork tastes better

SixKeys
01-19-2014, 07:00 PM
Exactly, why is everyone so upset that it's nostalgia? every time someone brings up the word "Nostalgia" with AC II, jimmies get rustled..

Because the people using the word nostalgia in reference to AC2 usually only use it to demonstrate how that somehow makes the game objectively bad. Which makes no sense.

Assassin_M
01-19-2014, 07:01 PM
Because the people using the word nostalgia in reference to AC2 usually only use it to demonstrate how that somehow makes the game objectively bad. Which makes no sense.
It is objectively bad, you people just like to demonstrate otherwise...

SixKeys
01-19-2014, 07:06 PM
It is objectively bad, you people just like to demonstrate otherwise...

dem·on·strate [dem-uhhttp://static.sfdict.com/dictstatic/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pnghttp://static.sfdict.com/dictstatic/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngn-streyt]

verb (used with object), dem·on·strat·ed, dem·on·strat·ing. 1. to make evident or establish by arguments or reasoning; prove: to demonstrate a philosophical principle.

Yes, yes we do. :)

Assassin_M
01-19-2014, 07:08 PM
dem·on·strate

[dem-uhhttp://static.sfdict.com/dictstatic/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pnghttp://static.sfdict.com/dictstatic/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngn-streyt]

verb (used with object), dem·on·strat·ed, dem·on·strat·ing. 1. to make evident or establish by arguments or reasoning; prove: to demonstrate a philosophical principle.

Yes, yes we do. :)
Does anyone argue that fire is hot? You only need to argue if you need to prove a point...what's the point to prove? that AC II is the most liked AC? why do you need to prove it if it's an accepted fact?? Ahaaaaa, so it's not accepted fact and you people are just trying to brain wash me...I WILL NOT GIVE UP

Fatal-Feit
01-19-2014, 07:23 PM

AC:2 is overrated. I agree with Assassin_M that it's all nostalgia. I was pretty pumped from these sweet Ezio videos and decided to purchase the Trilogy this morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II_g4_LSSRA&list=PLESF5lyJEjhWwnaFC6iuyyz6VpHj2Gca_

About an hour or two into AC:2, I'm yawning. Like-- I literally don't want to. The graphics was pretty good and the controls were ''okay'' but Desmond and the modern day cast are pretty annoying. I had forgotten how much of an annoying **** Rebecca was. And Desmond was irritating to no end. Could he be any worse than the Annoying Orange? But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, considering they develop later into the game. Now back onto Ezio. HeHeheheh... Okay, baby Ezio, sure... Why not? Now beating up ruffians and running errands for the next hour?... I thought this was Assassin's Creed. And they accuse AC:3 of a weak prologue.

Shahkulu101
01-19-2014, 07:27 PM
AC:2 is overrated. I agree with Assassin_M that it's all nostalgia. I was pretty pumped from these sweet Ezio videos and decided to purchase the Trilogy this morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II_g4_LSSRA&list=PLESF5lyJEjhWwnaFC6iuyyz6VpHj2Gca_

About an hour or two into AC:2, I'm yawning. Like-- I literally don't want to. The graphics was pretty good and the controls were ''okay'' but Desmond and the modern day cast are pretty annoying. I had forgotten how much of an annoying **** Rebecca was. And Desmond was irritating to no end. Could he be any worse than the Annoying Orange? But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, considering they develop later into the game. Now back onto Ezio. HeHeheheh... Okay, baby Ezio, sure... Why not? Now beating up ruffians and running errands for the next hour? And they accuse AC:3 of a weak prologue.

I don't get it do you just buy games you already own when you feel like playing them?

I agree, AC2 is wildly overrated in my opinion. Doesn't mean it's not the most well-received.

Assassin_M
01-19-2014, 07:28 PM
I agree, AC2 is wildly overrated in my opinion. Doesn't mean it's not the most well-received.
Whoever said it's not the most well-received?

I said it being the most well-received does not mean it's the best..

Also, because I don't eat pork, my peeps are rallying to my side....you still have no one

Shahkulu101
01-19-2014, 07:33 PM
Whoever said it's not the most well-received?

I said it being the most well-received does not mean it's the best..

Also, because I don't eat pork, my peeps are rallying to my side....you still have no one

Not the best in your opinion or I, but from a general standpoint the most popular game is the strongest.

Fatal-Feit
01-19-2014, 07:43 PM
I don't get it do you just buy games you already own when you feel like playing them?

Consoles are dated and I had the Ezio Trilogy pirated on PC which I rarely touched because of Brotherhood. But now I'm no longer sore and they were 20$ each. Plus this video convinced me to give Brotherhood another go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFJDDJgyekw

I'm going to get banned for this. :nonchalance:

Fatal-Feit
01-19-2014, 07:44 PM
FML, double post.

Shahkulu101
01-19-2014, 07:46 PM
Consoles are dated and I had the Ezio Trilogy pirated on PC which I rarely touched because of Brotherhood. But now I'm no longer sore and they were 20$ each. Plus this video convinced me to give Brotherhood another go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFJDDJgyekw

Forget about the story and just appreciate how fun the game is for Brotherhood. If you think Rome is dull, tune into the music and slowly walk through the countryside and soak in a few of the Roman ruins.

Learn to appreciate the brilliant side activities as well.

Assassin_M
01-19-2014, 07:54 PM
Not the best in your opinion or I, but from a general standpoint the most popular game is the strongest.
Call of duty...

ze_topazio
01-19-2014, 07:55 PM
I love Rome, never understood why people call it bland.

Shahkulu101
01-19-2014, 08:00 PM
Call of duty...

You have me by the balls my friend. By the balls...

Assassin_M
01-19-2014, 08:05 PM
You have me by the balls my friend. By the balls...
Call me Red riding hood

TorQue1988
01-19-2014, 08:11 PM
I love Rome, never understood why people call it bland.
I loved it too. At first i was disappointed with ACB, but every time i replay it i like it even more. I really miss the Renaissance...

marcbryan
01-19-2014, 08:19 PM

About an hour or two into AC:2, I'm yawning. Like-- I literally don't want to. The graphics was pretty good and the controls were ''okay'' but Desmond and the modern day cast are pretty annoying. I had forgotten how much of an annoying **** Rebecca was. And Desmond was irritating to no end. Could he be any worse than the Annoying Orange? But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, considering they develop later into the game. Now back onto Ezio. HeHeheheh... Okay, baby Ezio, sure... Why not? Now beating up ruffians and running errands for the next hour?... I thought this was Assassin's Creed. And they accuse AC:3 of a weak prologue.

Agree so much about the prologue part of AC2!. I bring up baby Ezio as a joke counter argument point all the time. Haha.

We seem to be on the same page on most things you and I.

AC3 should have been the best of the series but it was constrained by offering too much too soon on a system that couldn't handle it. Those are the things are what everyone focuses on and I agree that it takes away from making it a solid game, however, I think what makes AC3 great are all of the things that are overlooked.

AC2 and Brotherhood are highly regarded because it's very minimal in it's approach to story telling and environment detail, which can be a good thing. I don't remember the release of 2 but it did offer more in terms of style and gameplay over 1 and it never promises more than what it gives.

In other words, AC2 and Brotherhood play it safe. Which is why I think they are my least favorite games of the series.

KingNova7
01-19-2014, 08:21 PM
I played AC2 alot simply because it was the first game of that genre I ever played. But I thought BrotherHood was better in everyway. Period. It was the game I most enjoyed.

ACR simply couldn't hold my attention. And one of those games where as if you know the ending, it kinda ruins all proceeding play-throughs. That game was character and story driven, so re-playability of it suffered.

AC3... Id still be playing that game if it weren't for the fist 6-7 hours. Those are by far the worst part of the game. I can't replay it knowing I have to go through that again. That's the only downside, and if there was a way to bypass that, I would love that game. There are some stupid decisions that wrecked that game. I stand by this though: AC3 had the most raw potential of any game in the series.

AC2 is overrated. Period. its only seen as great because of how much of an improvement it was over AC1. I liked running across Venice, and that was it. I can't remember one memorable mission.

AC1.... Never played it and that's probably why I didn't fall into AC2's mystic

ACB is the most enjoyable game. Period. I'm not even gonna debate.

AC4 is second on my list for most enjoyable, but there are some INTENTIONAL decisions in that game that PISSES ME THE **** OFF. Lack of throwback assassin color options, lack of weapons, lack of assassin partners, lack of weapon animations. But is the most enjoyable game since ACB

Assassin_M
01-19-2014, 08:22 PM
AC3 should have been the best of the series but it was constrained by offering too much too soon on a system that couldn't handle it. Those are the things are what everyone focuses on and I agree that it takes away from making it a solid game, however, I think what makes AC3 great are all of the things that are overlooked.

Along with terrible game design....god, I hated that Battle of Concord...every time I see battle of concord on ANY parchment of History, I'll forever remember that horrible mission

KingNova7
01-19-2014, 08:25 PM
ACB has that weird affect of getting BETTER every time you play it. Its weird as hell.

lothario-da-be
01-19-2014, 08:33 PM
ACB has that weird affect of getting BETTER every time you play it. Its weird as hell.
ACR too for me. Every playthrough this game gets better and better.

marcbryan
01-19-2014, 08:43 PM
Along with terrible game design....god, I hated that Battle of Concord...every time I see battle of concord on ANY parchment of History, I'll forever remember that horrible mission

Agreed, other than running down the dirt road with all of the bombs blaring which I thought was cinematically interesting, all of the revolution missions (Paul Revere's ride, commanding the firing squads, firing cannons) were all pretty stupid but I think even Connor recognized how stupid they were, as well. Haha. It was just a means to an end for him. Which is dumb because it's wasted game space!

Black Flag had much better mission design.

Fatal-Feit
01-19-2014, 08:50 PM
ACR too for me. Every playthrough this game gets better and better.

That's AC:IV for me, too! :p

lothario-da-be
01-19-2014, 08:50 PM
Agreed, other than running down the dirt road with all of the bombs blaring which I thought was cinematically interesting, all of the revolution missions (Paul Revere's ride, commanding the firing squads, firing cannons) were all pretty stupid but I think even Connor recognized how stupid they were, as well. Haha. It was just a means to an end for him. Which is dumb because it's wasted game space!

Black Flag had much better mission design.
This, my biggest fear for the next ac is that they will go back to these kind of missions instead ac4 design. Especially because Ashraf often said that that was their vision from the beginning. So what if that isn't ac5's vision?

KingNova7
01-19-2014, 08:53 PM
SOme of AC3 missions were extremely bad. I agree.

Landruner
01-20-2014, 01:55 AM
According to tonton Yves - The best AC ever has not made yet - Effectively he is right because since 2009, they try each year to make it right LOL!

Gra Varg
01-20-2014, 05:42 AM
AC 2 & ACB are a tie. Then AC1 and ACR. I dont like AC3 at all, its not fun to play, missons were boring,
and Connor's voice is horrible. Still need to get Black Flag, it looks promising. I voted for
AC 2 in the poll.

Philliesfan377
01-20-2014, 03:58 PM
Assassin's Creed II: Discovery

adventurewomen
01-20-2014, 04:02 PM
I dont like AC3 at all, its not fun to play, missons were boring,and Connor's voice is horrible.
Where the missions "boring" because you found them difficult or the mission constraints too difficult/annoying to obtain? Or simply you just didn't like the game as you said.

Connor's voice suited his demeanour.

poptartz20
01-20-2014, 06:37 PM
Assassin's Creed II: Discovery

what in the world... Haha was this the Nintendo DS game?

hahah. I never considered the DS games apart of the story were they even good?