PDA

View Full Version : John from IT Easter Egg

Kosappi
01-14-2014, 05:32 PM
http://youtu.be/MkAt2btWDnc

AC4 lead writer Darby McDevitt planted an awesome easter egg for Assassins!
It was well hidden -super hidden actually- among sound files.

All praise and honor to Darby (please no, not me, nope)

Check hints about this here:
https://twitter.com/DarbyMcDevitt/status/398470072496177152
https://twitter.com/DarbyMcDevitt/status/400733936109637632

Yeesss found it finally **HAPPY FACE**

pacmanate
01-14-2014, 05:53 PM
This is just weird. I expected this easter egg to have some substance for something.

adventurewomen
01-14-2014, 05:59 PM
Melodramatic.. well it suits John's character..

RinoTheBouncer
01-14-2014, 06:00 PM
Really nice find. Thanks for sharing. Though it has no real substance or meaning, it’s fun to feel that the game is breaking the fourth wall.

adventurewomen
01-14-2014, 06:02 PM
Really nice find. Thanks for sharing. Though it has no real substance or meaning, it’s fun to feel that the game is breaking the fourth wall.
Maybe breaking the forth wall to some, but I have no effect from it doesn't have real substance.

Kaschra
01-14-2014, 06:09 PM
Darby completely trolled us... amazing :')

Yep, totally breaking the Fourth Wall here. I think it's great. And I aso like John's/Robert's voice a lot.

BATISTABUS
01-14-2014, 06:09 PM
Haha! Well done. This is a whole new level of Easter Egg.

Shahkulu101
01-14-2014, 06:22 PM
What in Godzio's name does breaking the Fourth Wall mean?

pacmanate
01-14-2014, 06:42 PM

The ground, or ceiling.

adventurewomen
01-14-2014, 06:44 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_wall

RinoTheBouncer
01-14-2014, 06:58 PM

It means when the character in a film, looks at the camera and speaks something to the audience.

The term originates from Theater plays when the actors are surrounded by 3 walls, the fourth being the invisible, non-existent wall, behind which the audience is sitting and watching. So when one of the actors speaks to the crowd during the play, that’s breaking the fourth wall.

Maybe breaking the forth wall to some, but I have no effect from it doesn't have real substance.

It lacks any story, that’s for sure. But it’s still breaking the fourth wall. I wish it was something with story value... but if ACIV had no story, how can you expect one in an easter egg? LMAO.

adventurewomen
01-14-2014, 07:28 PM
It lacks any story, thatís for sure. But itís still breaking the fourth wall. I wish it was something with story value... but if ACIV had no story, how can you expect one in an easter egg? LMAO.
Lol true.

Well Leonardo's Flying Machine in AC3 was purely just for nostalgia. ;)

Kaschra
01-14-2014, 07:47 PM
It lacks any story, that’s for sure. But it’s still breaking the fourth wall. I wish it was something with story value... but if ACIV had no story, how can you expect one in an easter egg? LMAO.
What the...?
I think we both played different games then.

RSBigB
01-14-2014, 07:52 PM
It means when the character in a film, looks at the camera and speaks something to the audience.

The term originates from Theater plays when the actors are surrounded by 3 walls, the fourth being the invisible, non-existent wall, behind which the audience is sitting and watching. So when one of the actors speaks to the crowd during the play, that’s breaking the fourth wall.

Re: Fourth Wall - Metal Gear Solid 3? i believe (correct me if im wrong) when you play one of the bosses, he directly talks to you from the game, hacks your memory card (PS2) reads and tells you your saved data, also mid fight, blocks the port of your controller so you have to disconnect and change port - so annoying but a very very cool touch to a game.

back on subject, i can't for the love of Ezio find this said easter egg - not in the game but ON the game? so am i looking on the cover of the case?

pacmanate
01-14-2014, 07:57 PM
Re: Fourth Wall - Metal Gear Solid 3? i believe (correct me if im wrong) when you play one of the bosses, he directly talks to you from the game, hacks your memory card (PS2) reads and tells you your saved data, also mid fight, blocks the port of your controller so you have to disconnect and change port - so annoying but a very very cool touch to a game.

back on subject, i can't for the love of Ezio find this said easter egg - not in the game but ON the game? so am i looking on the cover of the case?

i dont think its direct, just semi direct, but yeah :P

RSBigB
01-14-2014, 08:01 PM
it was still a neat touch either way! freaked me out when i first played it lol

Kaschra
01-14-2014, 08:01 PM

That easter egg was a hidden audio file on the disc, and Kosappi found it and extracted it ... did you not read the first post in this thread?

RSBigB
01-14-2014, 08:05 PM
That easter egg was a hidden audio file on the disc, and Kosappi found it and extracted it ... did you not read the first post in this thread?

AH! YT never loaded up, did wonder what that huge gap was in the original post!

RSBigB
01-14-2014, 08:07 PM
damn that clip was dark! lol

Kaschra
01-14-2014, 08:11 PM
I found it pretty hilarious.
" You will die.......... eventually" xD

RSBigB
01-14-2014, 08:23 PM
should have been a spaceman haha

NekoKera
01-14-2014, 11:18 PM
Assassin's Creed V: Space confirmed.

Assassin's in spaaaaaaaaaaaaace. :cool:

Wolfmeister1010
01-15-2014, 01:19 AM
Kosappi your youtube Channel is AWESOME I subscribed! Do you have a twitter as well?

Kosappi
01-15-2014, 03:48 AM
Thanks Wolf!
I have a twitter account rarely used, but only for spying on Assassins- just like you. ;)
It's @Kosappi

LoyalACFan
01-15-2014, 04:17 AM
Whole new level of respect for Darby now :p

Also, why are people saying they wished it was relevant to the story? Do you really want story info hidden away deep within the game files for only a few people on Earth to discover?

Megas_Doux
01-15-2014, 01:19 PM
Whole new level of respect for Darby now :p

Also, why are people saying they wished it was relevant to the story? Do you really want story info hidden away deep within the game files for only a few people on Earth to discover?

This!

And very good find by kosappi, as usual...

Kosappi
01-16-2014, 04:07 AM
Good to know dear Assassin brothers enjoying my little discovery. **Happy Face**

Here's text lines of the easter egg just in case anyone want it.

You clever little hacker, you found me.
Well, congratu-fu**ing-lations!.
I suppose you expect some sort of reward now, huh?
Some sort of validation for having more free time than the rest of us?
Now its only a matter of time before you post this somewhere on the internet for all your little followers to hear.
And you'll sit back and revel in that faint slobbering praise while enjoying your 15MB of fame.
And then... Ahhh... and then...
What exactly?
Nothing. Nothing at all.

Because your life hasn't changed.
And you're still A disgusting human.
And you're gonna die. Eventually.
And on your deathbed, you'll remember this message and think to yourself,

'By God, John was right, I should've been an astronaut.'

And you know what, you'll be right.
You should've been an astronaut. For there's nothin were seeing or saving down here.
But out there...
Ah! So much possibility.

Oh well, I hope it's painless.