PDA

View Full Version : Social events are great disappointment and it's killing the game!!

Terrence_Lee
01-14-2014, 03:36 AM
I pretty much stop playing AC4 since mid late Dec, because I have done everything except the damn social events.

Somebody said after weeks they finally found a convey or whale. Man, that's nothing! After 60+hours just 1 or 2 social events just can't be considered problem fixed.

There are all kind of excuses from Ubi support, maybe next Gens not working properly, I even got respond that suggested my modem was bursted! That's clearly not the case.

Don't let them fool you! It's not just happening on next Gens but the whole 9 yards!!

I really don't get it... There are so many complaints already, why don't they just reset the setting back the way it was...!?

For the informations to those who play on next Gens, when it came out in late Oct on 360 & ps3, it ain't like that. It was normal, you pretty much find something everyday if you kept playing.

And you pretty much got everything you need BEFORE you finish the story. I didn't see nobody complain about nothing back then. If this really is done intentionally, what kind of a ****head would suggest this anyway!!?

This time, this social event system really killed a good game, and the passions of countless players. Why would ubi do that? Don't they know that is really pissing players off!?

I am really angry and frustrated

LoyalACFan
01-14-2014, 03:41 AM
Everyone hates them. They'll never do social events again, mark my words. It's been a huge failure, and an embarrassment for Ubi support. Like 2/3 of the traffic on these forums has been people complaining about social/community events.

Honestly, I'm not that troubled by them, since they're tied to unlockable stuff I don't even really want. But they are a bad feature, and they need to be fixed, and then removed for AC5. Hope to God they aren't in Watch_Dogs.

Landruner
01-14-2014, 04:32 AM
Social events and community challenges suck - I understand the concept behind, but from UBI I know where it goes as well, and it makes me sick. I believe that those features when they actually work should stay for the multiplayer only, and the single player experience should be left alone.

EighthGuardian
01-14-2014, 08:26 AM
I have no problem with social events except in a single player game and when it's linked to trophys/achievements.

The events are so rare on the PS4 I've given up playing the game now, it's boring just going around the map and finding nothing.

DinoSteve1
01-14-2014, 08:38 AM
Threads like this make me chuckle.

RinoTheBouncer
01-14-2014, 10:06 AM
First, I wanna say I got the Sharing is Caring trophy and finished the acinitiates.com missions before this whole mess began, so I can’t complain.
But seeing many people complain or just looking at the bigger picture, integrating online or social events in games or adding unlockables relying on other players is a really REALLY bad idea. A lot of people want to complete the game, enjoy what it has to offer based on THEIR OWN SKILLS without having to compete or rely on the mercy of someone else to accept playing with you or adding you or the likes.

That’s why I’m 100% against multiplayer trophies. It’s enough rising up in level and earning Multiplayer unlockables and badges. Reaching a Platinum trophy with a game you basically finished every requirement in should be sufficient to earn you a Platinum trophy. For example, many people have bad internet connection that makes the multiplayer experience lagging and unenjoyable, if not impossible, others, due to difference in time zones, can rarely find someone who wants to play with them and making the game unable to start until you have 4 or 8 players is frustrating because you can barely find 2 who don’t leave after 2 minutes of waiting, so that means you’ll remain Level 1, a newbie, in other words, and nobody will play with you cause they want more skilled players. So those can kiss the multiplayer trophies goodbye.

Why would you put the player in a position like that?
I hope ACLoyalFan is right and that such **** doesn’t happen again in addition to what I just mentioned above.

LoyalACFan
01-14-2014, 11:19 AM
I hope ACLoyalFan is right and that such **** doesn’t happen again in addition to what I just mentioned above.

It's LoyalACFan, Rino, get it right.

JK, this username sucks anyway :p

But yeah, I'm completely sure they won't do them again, the response has been overwhelmingly negative.

RinoTheBouncer
01-14-2014, 11:22 AM
It's LoyalACFan, Rino, get it right.

JK, this username sucks anyway :p

But yeah, I'm completely sure they won't do them again, the response has been overwhelmingly negative.

Hehehehehehe my apologies, LoyalACFan <3
I hope they don’t assign trophies to Multiplayer either and instead, let the multiplayer level and badges be the means of evaluating each player.

Mr_Shade
01-14-2014, 11:36 AM
They are attempting another fix today:

A maintenance is scheduled on 1/14 at 9:00 AM (GMT).
The operation will last for approximately 1 hour.

Tasks for this maintenance:
We need to update the game server on all platforms in order to fix an issue related to social events and also prepare for the next Title Update.

Please do not start new threads, when there is already one ongoing about the issue.