PDA

View Full Version : Liberation is upon us...and I'm having second thoughts...

UncappedWheel82
01-13-2014, 10:32 PM
To those who have played Liberation before, is it worth it?

I'm not much of a hand-held game player, so I guess I have become somewhat of a snob towards lower rez games. That being said, I can look passed graphical set backs if the gameplay and story are tight. Having played through BF, and now going through FC, myself, will/can Liberation stand up to the gameplay and story of those games?

RinoTheBouncer
01-13-2014, 10:35 PM
I’ve played it on my Vita. The game wasn’t really that exciting but I’m sure I might’ve had this idea cuz the game was handheld rather than a major console release. The game wasn’t bad but to me, I didn’t really find myself too entertained by the gameplay or the location, but that’s just a personal opinion, so I guess you gotta play it to judge it.

LoyalACFan
01-13-2014, 10:49 PM
will/can Liberation stand up to the gameplay and story of those games?

No.

If you're expecting a game as big and polished as BF, turn right around and pass on Liberation. It's just the Vita game, only prettier.

adventurewomen
01-13-2014, 10:50 PM
I've only watched the gameplay of Liberation VITA on youtube, from what I've seen on youtube it seems an interesting game for sure!

I'm looking forward to Liberation HD, because Connor will be there. :)

killzab
01-13-2014, 10:53 PM
I've only watched the gameplay of Liberation VITA on youtube, from what I've seen on youtube it seems an interesting game for sure!

I'm looking forward to Liberation HD, because Connor will be there. :)

He's in for only 5 minutes though.

adventurewomen
01-13-2014, 11:02 PM
He's in for only 5 minutes though.
Yeah I know.. .it will be best 5 minutes in my would be experience of Liberation HD. ;)

IWGCJoeCool
01-14-2014, 01:57 AM
i plan to get it...i'm on PS3 now, and played Black Flag on it. PS3 got the Aveline part, and i played that...it was pretty kool, though short. it also had some familiar Ezio-esque tomb style play, and i always enjoyed that.

Megas_Doux
01-14-2014, 02:13 AM
To those who have played it, How would rate New Orleans?

Fatal-Feit
01-14-2014, 02:29 AM
It's $20. 3x the value of a season pass. I'm sure it'll be worth it even if the game sucks. (Which I've heard it doesn't)

RzaRecta357
01-14-2014, 06:49 PM
I've played it... You can find a hood and then it honestly feels exactly like an Ezio era game with AC3-4 mechanics.. Sometimes you have to switch outfits but not as often as you'd think. The story is decent and the templars hiding stuff is pretty cool.

The soundtrack for New Orleans was amazing and is honestly half my purchase alone. Waiting for it to release tomorrow.

STDlyMcStudpants
01-14-2014, 08:29 PM
I'm passing on it...I don't buy digital items...
I like to get money back when im finished with something...
Im one of those guys that has a $60 loss on his game collection, yet has played through 80 games and has 100 more to play...
I buy and sell for profit (Except for my AC games :D) they are what factor in my money lost because before i move next gen i want to sit down and play them all just one more time...
Heck black flag i got brand new for $15
Got it on Amazon for $35 and sold the upgrade code for $24 (had to pay $4 for selling fees)

Ureh
01-14-2014, 09:53 PM
What are the chances that it'll get a discount? $19 is tempting. But $10 is better.

p.s. I concur. It's digital too, which means it'll take me a week (or more) just to download.

lothario-da-be
01-14-2014, 09:56 PM
My money for it was charged today, so no way back for me. I hope its good.