PDA

View Full Version : Social Event/Community Challenge (Official Ticket Response)

Z71ON
01-13-2014, 06:47 PM
I opened a ticket yesterday and just got a reply today. Sound response time, no question there, but is this actually a legit answer to our problem??

My original ticket.

"

You wrote:
Im just curious as to why I have not seen one Social Event even though I have completed the campaign mode of AC4 Black Flag?? Not one White Whale, Social Chest or Royal Convoy, and the only reason I even know these three things exist is because I was trying to find how to locate a White Whale and I came across the official AC forums, where everyone is complaining of the same thing, no events. I know its not just me, I have been following the forums and everywhere I can and not one person has said these events work properly. Basically im just throwing my name onto the pile in hopes a "pattern" or something can be found. Last Community Challenge (I believe thats what they were called?) I had was approx. Dec 22nd 2013 and even those have stopped?

Ticket Details:
Question Reference # 01018141
Date Created: 1/13/2014
Platform: PS3
Title: Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
Category: General / Feedback / Suggestions

"

Support response.

"

Andrea @ Ubisoft Support wrote:

Hi Z71ON,

When the game first launched, there was a bug where the social events (white whales, royal convoys, and social treasures) spawned all at once. Meaning, each location where a white whale COULD be, it would be. This is the same for convoys and social chests. This bug was fixed in TU2, so now they’re only spawning in certain locations instead of all of them. Since it’s now been reduced from all possible locations to only the few locations until the timer resets, it’s much harder to find them because there are only so many at any one time. They are working as intended, but it is far more difficult than it had been at one point to complete.

"

Note the Community Challenge issue was not even mentioned in the reply.

PLEASE feel free to include your own personal ticket with response below.

Well ive had two replies from ubisoft 1 We are aware of an issue on PS4 at the moment and this is being investigated. Sorry for any inconvenience

Ticket Details:

Question Reference #: 01015604
Platform: PS4
Category: Technical Issues

----- -----

Kind Regards,
Ubisoft Customer Service
And number 2 This issue is being looked into as we are aware of it. The next title update will hopefully fix this issue.

Ticket Details:

Category: Bug Report

----- -----

Getting fed up with this 105 hrs and ive never seen one dam thing,Actually seen lots of things just not the right things.

Random Quotes

90+ hours of absolutely nothing!

Ok. It is now 4:07. After 20 spawn areas for white whales and 24 spawn ares for Royal convoys here are the results.........not a DAMN thing! Anyone surprised?

If I hit a character limit cap I will just link to the individual ticket responses in the thread.

Puffingstuff
01-13-2014, 07:08 PM
Same thing the last 100 people have posted. Curiously on twitter they admit something is wrong but then support says its not. What a joke of a company.

phoenix-force411
01-13-2014, 07:12 PM
Community Challenges are working now, but they've yet to put any up for the time being. And the longer they wait, the more less people are goin' to stay interested within the game.

Z71ON
01-13-2014, 07:15 PM
Same thing the last 100 people have posted. Curiously on twitter they admit something is wrong but then support says its not. What a joke of a company.

I have seen quite a few other posts regarding this, just wanted to include my own and I havent seen a response from support like this one, yet.

I agree that I see the conflicting arms of this company not knowing what the other hand is doing, it seems at times.

On a side note, how am I supposed to know what "TU2" is, or what this "timer" is that support is referring to?? I found that kind of funny.

Im only putting effort into this because I am dead sick and tired of all of this end-of-current gen BS that I have experienced in AC4 Black Flag/Battlefield 4/COD Ghosts, all 3 have been plagued by this push it out the door onto the current gen players and then stick it with a safety net of "10 bucks to upgrade to next gen". Yea, thanks for the plug to basically usher us all into the new gen because we were hit with a lacklustre showing and "hope" upgrading *might solve our problems?

luv10man
01-13-2014, 08:00 PM
I just got the same response from them. Is there not one single person at Ubisoft with a brain??? I played and got the achievement on 360 in November...it was nothing like that, there were frequent spawns but in no way did they show up everywhere at once. Now I have XB1 and I can't get the achievement in over 84 hours of play...half of which was useless searching for nothing but social items and you try to tell me that's NORMAL? Well your normal.....THIS SHOULD NOT EVEN BE IN THE GAME....WE ARE PLAYING SINGLE PLAYER AND IN NO WAY SHOULD ANY ACHIEVEMENT (in single player) DEPEND ON ANOTHER FRIGGING PLAYER OR CONNECTION TO A SERVER TO ACQUIRE IT.....either put it back the way it was to start or take the achievement out all together.

Z71ON
01-13-2014, 08:13 PM
Community Challenges are working now, but they've yet to put any up for the time being. And the longer they wait, the more less people are goin' to stay interested within the game.

And that's just the bottom line right there. I'm just amazed at how varying the responses are to this specific issue from all the threads I've gone through on these forums and others alike. Some say its an actual legitimate issue while others say there is no problem??? And this is all OFFICIAL responses is what kills me :rolleyes:

I just got the same response from them. Is there not one single person at Ubisoft with a brain??? I played and got the achievement on 360 in November...it was nothing like that, there were frequent spawns but in no way did they show up everywhere at once. Now I have XB1 and I can't get the achievement in over 84 hours of play...half of which was useless searching for nothing but social items and you try to tell me that's NORMAL? Well your normal.....THIS SHOULD NOT EVEN BE IN THE GAME....WE ARE PLAYING SINGLE PLAYER AND IN NO WAY SHOULD ANY ACHIEVEMENT (in single player) DEPEND ON ANOTHER FRIGGING PLAYER OR CONNECTION TO A SERVER TO ACQUIRE IT.....either put it back the way it was to start or take the achievement out all together.

I agree 100%, however I can somewhat relate to the innovative route they tried to take. 84 hours is a hell of a lot of game time to not get this.

luv10man
01-13-2014, 08:21 PM
If this were any other corporation with any other product and this many complaints there would already be lawyers with ads on TV to jump on the lawsuit wagon! LOL

luv10man
01-13-2014, 08:31 PM
So if I understand correctly I should be theoretically be able to follow this "cheat map" with known spawn areas, fast travel to nearest location, sail the area, then jump to next location if not there, rinse, repeat, and I should find something within a reasonable amount of time. I am rebooting game now just to make sure I go in new and should start this searching process about 1:35 PM my time.... I have chests from following the said map so I see no reason to doubt the rest of the locations, I just need white whale and the royal convoys. Will post back if I get them or after an unreasonable amount of time with nothing.

Z71ON
01-13-2014, 08:44 PM
If this were any other corporation with any other product and this many complaints there would already be lawyers with ads on TV to jump on the lawsuit wagon! LOL

:D Ya really! I know the ones you are talking about lol.

So if I understand correctly I should be theoretically be able to follow this "cheat map" with known spawn areas, fast travel to nearest location, sail the area, then jump to next location if not there, rinse, repeat, and I should find something within a reasonable amount of time. I am rebooting game now just to make sure I go in new and should start this searching process about 1:35 PM my time.... I have chests from following the said map so I see no reason to doubt the rest of the locations, I just need white whale and the royal convoys. Will post back if I get them or after an unreasonable amount of time with nothing.

Sounds good, keep us posted.

""""They are working as intended, but it is far more difficult than it had been at one point to complete."""" (quote from original ticket response)

She says its working as intended ..... :confused:

purestchaos
01-13-2014, 08:50 PM
Opened a ticket this morning with similar reasoning. Just waiting on a response. Great start for a thread though.

trickytree2006
01-13-2014, 08:50 PM
"Far more difficult"... more "impossible"

Z71ON
01-13-2014, 09:07 PM
Opened a ticket this morning with similar reasoning. Just waiting on a response. Great start for a thread though.

Perfect, when you get a response please include it here. I will be updating the original post with all responses I see in this thread until its fixed.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease, and power in numbers. This is something ive learned over the years. Its unfortunate, but the way it is.

Pandassin
01-13-2014, 09:19 PM
I hope it gets fixed soon. I'm on PS4 and a white whale keeps jumping in front of my ship but I can't find a harpooning area, nor has it popped up telling me I found a white whale location.
This is like the first social event I've found in a looong time too.

GTR49LAG
01-13-2014, 09:54 PM
Well ive had two replies from ubisoft 1 We are aware of an issue on PS4 at the moment and this is being investigated. Sorry for any inconvenience

Ticket Details:

Category: Technical Issues

----- -----

Kind Regards,
Ubisoft Customer Service
And number 2 This issue is being looked into as we are aware of it. The next title update will hopefully fix this issue.

Ticket Details:

Category: Bug Report

----- -----

Getting fed up with this 105 hrs and ive never seen one dam thing,Actually seen lots of things just not the right things.

Z71ON
01-13-2014, 10:13 PM

Thanks, added to the list.

luv10man
01-13-2014, 11:14 PM

Ok. It is now 4:07. After 20 spawn areas for white whales and 24 spawn ares for Royal convoys here are the results.........not a DAMN thing! Anyone surprised?
I had 3 each normal navy convoys worth 2000 R and 3000 R pop up. Anyway none registered as Royal convoys.
And white whales??? OMG...I saw FIVE white whales at areas marked but they only breached the water in front of my ship...not one single time did they show on the map or give an option to hunt.

Tell us there is nothing wrong now u mindless Ubisoft jerks!

Btw: I started on left side and went clockwise all the way around, then I went randomly back to areas until I go too tired to do it any more, I nodded off from boredom and ran into land!

HaloMike9227
01-13-2014, 11:52 PM
90+ hours of absolutely nothing! I will try to muster up some more patience as I search for social chests. Please make a title update to fix this problem on all systems Ubisoft.

Black_Widow9
01-14-2014, 03:01 AM
They are attempting a fix for this and it has improved for some.

If you do not see an improvement please create a Ticket with Support.
Ubisoft Support Website (http://support.ubi.com/)

If you have a Ticket open already and it has been fixed, please make sure you close it. You can reopen it at any time if it begins to occur again.

purestchaos
01-14-2014, 05:55 AM
Wow look at that, we now have two officials seeing this thread. Let's go for double digits.

Lethalla
01-14-2014, 06:13 AM
My ticket was closed without them warning me it was going to be, so I've reopened it.

Just so everyone knows, the white whales that breach near your ships are NOT harpoonable - they aren't the Social Events. They're just "eyecandy" like the dolphins and birds you see when sailing around.

I have found two white Convoys with 5,000R on them, though maybe that's because I've pretty much upgraded everything on the Jackdaw.

Z71ON
01-14-2014, 06:20 AM
They are attempting a fix for this and it has improved for some.

If you do not see an improvement please create a Ticket with Support.
Ubisoft Support Website (http://support.ubi.com/)

If you have a Ticket open already and it has been fixed, please make sure you close it. You can reopen it at any time if it begins to occur again.

Thanks for the update.

But if it occurs again, how would that happen if the problem was fixed? Is this more than just a centralized issue, or is there more to the story?

I had 3 each normal navy convoys worth 2000 R and 3000 R pop up. Anyway none registered as Royal convoys.
And white whales??? OMG...I saw FIVE white whales at areas marked but they only breached the water in front of my ship...not one single time did they show on the map or give an option to hunt.

Tell us there is nothing wrong now u mindless Ubisoft jerks!

Btw: I started on left side and went clockwise all the way around, then I went randomly back to areas until I go too tired to do it any more, I nodded off from boredom and ran into land!

That sucks...I feel you on this, hopefully we can all do what we can and try to fix this as a community by supplying any and all experiences we have in game and with support.

My ticket was closed without them warning me it was going to be, so I've reopened it.

Just so everyone knows, the white whales that breach near your ships are NOT harpoonable - they aren't the Social Events. They're just "eyecandy" like the dolphins and birds you see when sailing around.

I have found two white Convoys with 5,000R on them, though maybe that's because I've pretty much upgraded everything on the Jackdaw.

That is a good explanation for the white whales that have been seen and I agree, just something to spice up the scenery when sailing around.

hobo007
01-14-2014, 07:47 AM
I thought I'll add my ubisoft response to the pile, received 06/01/2014 with regards to the social events and white whales etc, on the PS4

''1) For more information about social event please find in attached link below : http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-community-schedule-and-news/ 2) Thank you for reporting this issue. This problem is currently under investigation by the development team. When any additional information becomes available, it will be made available in the game's forums at http://forums.ubi.com and our FAQ.''

Also I know on the 21st Jan ubisoft will be doing something with there servers, so maybe we all might have to wait until after the 21st for this problem to be finally resolved???

DUBBLEJD182
01-14-2014, 11:13 AM
Well i've still yet to find anything recently on PS4, i came across 1 chest last week and thats it, as usual i searched every possible location for a whale or convoy and got nothing, so i booted up the PS3 to try on there as i had no issues when i played on that and now it can't connect to the ubisoft server :(

Lankymart
01-14-2014, 11:20 AM
I thought I'll add my ubisoft response to the pile, received 06/01/2014 with regards to the social events and white whales etc, on the PS4

''1) For more information about social event please find in attached link below : http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-community-schedule-and-news/ 2) Thank you for reporting this issue. This problem is currently under investigation by the development team. When any additional information becomes available, it will be made available in the game's forums at http://forums.ubi.com and our FAQ.''

Also I know on the 21st Jan ubisoft will be doing something with there servers, so maybe we all might have to wait until after the 21st for this problem to be finally resolved???

They've misunderstood what you are asking these are Community Events not Social Events.

Thought I'd add my response from Ubisoft to the pile (interestingly even though I didn't chose it they assigned it to "Gameplay" when responding, which Mr_Shade told us to avoid)

lankymart 1/13/2014 8:02:01 PM
Also who marked this as gameplay?, I was told on the forums to avoid selecting gameplay as you won't help with gameplay issues, this is a bug report not a gameplay issue!

lankymart 1/13/2014 8:00:11 PM
Nothing I haven't already tried but will do anyway, I would prefer an official response on this specific issue what is causing it and how you intend to fix it as I'm not the only one experiencing it.

Tom 1/13/2014 6:38:20 PM
Please go to http://uplay.ubi.com and login with your account. Click on My Account and scroll down and select the option to unlink the Uplay account from the Xbox Live account. Do not relink the Xbox Live account through the website. Instead re-link it through the game on the console itself by accessing Uplay from the game's main menu.

lankymart 1/13/2014 11:34:57 AM
Have 100% sync'd the single player experience just working through the Abstergo Challenges now but after 70+ hours of gameplay and 700+ nmils sailed I have not come across one single social chest, white whale or royal convoy and the forums are full of people with the same issue (a lot on Xbox 360). Have been told this is being worked on but no change so far, can I have an official update to this issue?

Un-linking my account and re-linking it through the game did nothing. :rolleyes:

Mr_Shade
01-14-2014, 11:38 AM
A maintenance is scheduled on 1/14 at 9:00 AM (GMT).
The operation will last for approximately 1 hour.

Tasks for this maintenance:
We need to update the game server on all platforms in order to fix an issue related to social events and also prepare for the next Title Update.

Please continue to discuss this issue, in the large ongoing thread, rather than creating new ones.

Re: Community Challenges - the last one occurred over the Holiday period, on the 22nd as you say, since then there has been no new ones started - they are only run at certain times, so this is normal.