PDA

View Full Version : Should Watch Dogs have been a modern AC game with Desmond? SPOILERS FOR AC3

ConanTheLeader
01-13-2014, 02:17 PM
People say the game rarely changes between installments. We've seen some significant changes, such as multi player in Brotherhood to the focus of vehicular activities in Black Flag but nothing has really changed things dramatically. Every game feels very AC, what about Watch Dogs? Now we are aware of Desmond's fate in AC3 but in a what if scenario where he lives and takes the fight to the Templars it could have been a very interesting take on the franchise. It's still about blending in with the crowd but will have a modern take and some aspects would have completely changed such as hacking into surveillance equipment to understand your surroundings rather than scaling skyscrapers..

Watch Dogs just seemed to be a great way to finish the franchise, and each AC installment seemed to be going that way as Desmond's gameplay bits gradually got more and more focus however recently us fans were informed that there would unlikely ever be a full fledged modern AC game:

http://gamerant.com/assassins-creed-connor-modern-day/

Fatal-Feit
01-13-2014, 02:23 PM
No. /title.

ConanTheLeader
01-13-2014, 02:27 PM
No. /title.

Well it would be nice if you could expand on your opinion, I am interested in it.

Fatal-Feit
01-13-2014, 02:33 PM
I think I've elaborated on other threads, but sure. A modern day AC, just won't be AC for me. I play AC to venture into past settings and eras that many publishers are too afraid to try. And for those that have, their games just aren't as pretty. We've already had many great games set in modern day that depicts the settings very realistically and possibly better than AC ever could. And not to mention, with a better stealth system.

ConanTheLeader
01-13-2014, 02:41 PM
I think I've elaborated on other threads, but sure. A modern day AC, just won't be AC for me. I play AC to venture into past settings and eras that many publishers are too afraid to try. And for those that have, their games just aren't as pretty. We've already had many great games set in modern day that depicts the settings very realistically and possibly better than AC ever could. And not to mention, with a better stealth system.

It could be argued either way that AC depends on these historical settings, on one hand yes, the unique settings of an Assassin's Creed game are perhaps it's strongest point. And it would be a shame to have that disappear but I think the interactions between Desmond and Lucy in AC2 were to prepare players for the possibility of a modern setting and if the franchise ever needs to reinvent itself completely, it might have to change the way we view this franchise.

DinoSteve1
01-13-2014, 04:21 PM
I don't know if watchdogs would have been the way to go, but I'd love to see a modern day Assassin's Creed, I'd love to see how, what happened at the end of AC3 is affecting the world. As I said before as long as Assassin's Creed has Assassins fighting Templers it can be set anywhere in anytime.

wooo 800th post

SixKeys
01-13-2014, 04:26 PM
Yes. /thread

MnemonicSyntax
01-13-2014, 04:58 PM
Desmond doesn't know anything about using a computer. As it stands now, Watch_Dogs would have to be drastically different than what it is now for it to "work" with Desmond.

SixKeys
01-13-2014, 05:13 PM
Desmond doesn't know anything about using a computer. As it stands now, Watch_Dogs would have to be drastically different than what it is now for it to "work" with Desmond.

I disagree. They could have had Rebecca be his tech wiz always ready to hack something more complex and Desmond himself could have handled the smaller stuff like disabling security cameras, causing power shortages etc.

luv10man
01-13-2014, 05:15 PM
AC...Watchdogs...etc....whatever game, whatever time period it is I just wish they would fix the bugs before they release it and then leave the damn thing alone and not fix things that aren't broken!

RinoTheBouncer
01-13-2014, 06:05 PM
Yeah, I wish WATCH_DOGS would’ve been a modern day Assassin’s Creed so that both show two different sides of the Creed.

killzab
01-13-2014, 06:35 PM
I disagree. They could have had Rebecca be his tech wiz always ready to hack something more complex and Desmond himself could have handled the smaller stuff like disabling security cameras, causing power shortages etc.

Agreed 100%, it could be like Person Of Interest with Shaun and Rebecca being like Finch and Desmond like Reese.

Kagurra
01-13-2014, 08:58 PM
How about no. Leave Watch Dogs alone and let it be it's own game. Just because it's ubisoft and third person doesn't mean it has to be AC. If that were the case, we wouldn't have Watch Dogs, a very promising looking game. It would just be another AC.

dbzk1999
01-13-2014, 09:04 PM
How about no. Leave Watch Dogs alone and let it be it's own game. Just because it's ubisoft and third person doesn't mean it has to be AC. If that were the case, we wouldn't have Watch Dogs, a very promising looking game. It would just be another AC.

It is possible to be its own series in the same universe

Hans684
01-13-2014, 09:44 PM

It's not, they have been saying it since day 1.

Kagurra
01-13-2014, 10:08 PM

They have SPECIFICALLY STATED that it is not part of the same Universe as AC. Anything you read in the hacked files in AC4 is just an easter egg. Geez people... It is it's own game, accept it. It's a good thing. Not everything has to be in bed with one another just because the same company produces it.

LoyalACFan
01-13-2014, 10:33 PM
No. I have no interest in AC's modern story anymore whatsoever. I'm glad WD is its own thing.

I-Like-Pie45
01-14-2014, 01:26 AM
Either way

It doesnt change a thing

WD would still be a crap press x to win game, desmond or not

LoyalACFan
01-14-2014, 01:45 AM
Either way

It doesnt change a thing

WD would still be a crap press x to win game, desmond or not

I'm hoping this isn't the case, but I must admit the blackout and traffic blocker moves look mighty OP.

Shahkulu101
01-14-2014, 02:06 AM
I had a dream I owned WatchDogs and was playing it, and there was an intro monologue - just him discussing he's a vigilante etc etc... Then at the end of it he said: "My name is Aiden Pearce, and I'm an Assassin." I gotta say I was just as much excited as I was mind-****ed.

I woke up...disappointed. So I guess my answer to your question is yes-maybe-I-don't-know.

Kagurra
01-14-2014, 02:16 AM
I'm hoping this isn't the case, but I must admit the blackout and traffic blocker moves look mighty OP.

The blackout thing is a late game "skill" and uses up tons of your "battery" though. Traffic blocker I bet isn't as OP as it looks in gameplay vids, as if you don't time it right, you can just as easily traffic block yourself into oblivion.

I had a dream I owned WatchDogs and was playing it, and there was an intro monologue - just him discussing he's a vigilante etc etc... Then at the end of it he said: "My name is Aiden Pearce, and I'm an Assassin." I gotta say I was just as much excited as I was mind-****ed.

I woke up...disappointed. So I guess my answer to your question is yes-maybe-I-don't-know.

Awww not you... :c Really?

Shahkulu101
01-14-2014, 02:19 AM
The blackout thing is a late game "skill" and uses up tons of your "battery" though. Traffic blocker I bet isn't as OP as it looks in gameplay vids, as if you don't time it right, you can just as easily traffic block yourself into oblivion.

Awww not you... :c Really?

What I'm really saying is that I wouldn't mind if WatchDogs was revealed to be AC in disguise. And that's just not going to happen so oh well...

Fatal-Feit
01-14-2014, 02:28 AM
What I'm really saying is that I wouldn't mind if WatchDogs was revealed to be AC in disguise. And that's just not going to happen so oh well...

Who knows... :p

Kagurra
01-14-2014, 02:54 AM
Who knows... :p

I do. It's not.

Jish_01
01-14-2014, 03:00 AM
There are a lot of references that point to it being so, like the chicago references in black flag, not to memtion the message saying blume will be looking forward to working with Abstergo. I do think Aiden looks very modern day assassin like, long coat and the scarf that covers his face too. A lot of people argue them just being Easter eggs though, really don't know, only way to find out is to see what WD has to offer, I do think at very least we'll drive/walk by an abstergo building :p

Fatal-Feit
01-14-2014, 03:19 AM
I do. It's not.

Next thing you're going to tell me that AC:V in China is just a myth.

LoyalACFan
01-14-2014, 03:28 AM
There are a lot of references that point to it being so, like the chicago references in black flag, not to memtion the message saying blume will be looking forward to working with Abstergo. I do think Aiden looks very modern day assassin like, long coat and the scarf that covers his face too. A lot of people argue them just being Easter eggs though, really don't know, only way to find out is to see what WD has to offer, I do think at very least we'll drive/walk by an abstergo building :p

I gotta say, despite the assurances that WD and AC are unrelated, the Chicago references made me skeptical again. I could accept the Blume email as a mere Easter egg, but it just seems a little too perfect that mid-level Templar associate Olivier would disappear in Chicago right before they launched a game about a mysterious vigilante set in Chicago.

Not saying it's going to be a full-on AC game with a different name, but I could totally see Olivier turning up in WD.

Landruner
01-14-2014, 03:32 AM
People say the game rarely changes between installments. We've seen some significant changes, such as multi player in Brotherhood to the focus of vehicular activities in Black Flag but nothing has really changed things dramatically. Every game feels very AC, what about Watch Dogs? Now we are aware of Desmond's fate in AC3 but in a what if scenario where he lives and takes the fight to the Templars it could have been a very interesting take on the franchise. It's still about blending in with the crowd but will have a modern take and some aspects would have completely changed such as hacking into surveillance equipment to understand your surroundings rather than scaling skyscrapers..

Watch Dogs just seemed to be a great way to finish the franchise, and each AC installment seemed to be going that way as Desmond's gameplay bits gradually got more and more focus however recently us fans were informed that there would unlikely ever be a full fledged modern AC game:

http://gamerant.com/assassins-creed-connor-modern-day/

Normally the concept of watchdog was an idea for Desmond for AC3 - The idea had been recycled for a new IP as the UBI's executives did not want the devs go further on Desmond.

dbzk1999
01-14-2014, 03:54 AM
They have SPECIFICALLY STATED that it is not part of the same Universe as AC. Anything you read in the hacked files in AC4 is just an easter egg. Geez people... It is it's own game, accept it. It's a good thing. Not everything has to be in bed with one another just because the same company produces it.

Look here in no way did I say myself that's it's in the same universe as c so let me stop u right there

Kagurra
01-14-2014, 05:12 AM
Next thing you're going to tell me that AC:V in China is just a myth.

I believe ACV is going to be in China. Maybe that's just because I want it to be.

Look here in no way did I say myself that's it's in the same universe as c so let me stop u right there

Really? VVV
It is possible to be its own series in the same universe I never said you specifically said it is 100%, I was just letting you, and everybody else who is always repeating this, know that there is no chance of that happening.

Boulder_Av
01-14-2014, 11:41 AM
I think that the game that became Watch Dogs was originally going to be ACIII. They focus tested the idea and it did not work. Ubisoft the spun the game off to a new IP.

dbzk1999
01-14-2014, 11:44 AM
I believe ACV is going to be in China. Maybe that's just because I want it to be.

Really? VVV I never said you specifically said it is 100%, I was just letting you, and everybody else who is always repeating this, know that there is no chance of that happening.
And like I said I was just talking about it in general

LoyalACFan
01-14-2014, 11:45 AM
I think that the game that became Watch Dogs was originally going to be ACIII. They focus tested the idea and it did not work. Ubisoft the spun the game off to a new IP.

This is actually entirely possible. I heard rumors circulating after AC2 came out that AC3 (the final part of the "trilogy" :rolleyes:) would be all about Desmond, but that was all speculation. I do know that the setting for AC3 wasn't fully decided on until at least 2009 though, which is when Watch Dogs supposedly began development, so I guess there's a chance that they tried a Desmond game, it didn't fit with AC, and they decided to spin it into its own franchise better suited to its needs.

RinoTheBouncer
01-14-2014, 04:51 PM
This is actually entirely possible. I heard rumors circulating after AC2 came out that AC3 (the final part of the "trilogy" :rolleyes:) would be all about Desmond, but that was all speculation. I do know that the setting for AC3 wasn't fully decided on until at least 2009 though, which is when Watch Dogs supposedly began development, so I guess there's a chance that they tried a Desmond game, it didn't fit with AC, and they decided to spin it into its own franchise better suited to its needs.

If that’s what they did then they officially lost all my respect because that means they just favored something easy to market to the public over something that the story requires to have.

Ureh
01-14-2014, 04:53 PM
Probably just echoing what others have said, but I think it can work. Trading freerunning for driving would be a bit wierd though.

Kagurra
01-14-2014, 08:50 PM
Probably just echoing what others have said, but I think it can work. Trading freerunning for driving would be a bit wierd though.

There's already a bit of "freerunning" in WD.

I don't really know how some people don't understand this, but it really is in the best interest of everybody, Ubisoft, the consumers, and the game itself, that WD stays a unique IP. I just... ugh.

RSBigB
01-14-2014, 08:56 PM
i don't think it should be based on modern day AC, but certainly would like to see something incorporated WD and AC

what about having something where one of the regular bars you go to in the game is the one Desmond works in - before he gets kidnapped by Abstergo?

just a thought...

Kagurra
01-14-2014, 09:10 PM
i don't think it should be based on modern day AC, but certainly would like to see something incorporated WD and AC

WHY

I do not understand wanting to connect these two. :mad: Somebody explainnnnn.

SixKeys
01-14-2014, 09:17 PM
Watch Dogs originated as AC3. This is what I choose to believe until someone at Ubisoft proves me wrong. I believe there's a video from a con panel somewhere where the head of AC3's mission design confirmed that AC3 was originally planned to be all about Desmond in the modern world, but plans changed when it became clear the majority of fans didn't like that idea. I'm glad Watch Dogs is its own thing now, they were probably able to expand on the idea more than they would have within AC trappings, but it still makes me sad for what could have been.

dxsxhxcx
01-14-2014, 09:25 PM

what about having something where one of the regular bars you go to in the game is the one Desmond works in - before he gets kidnapped by Abstergo?

just a thought...

no thanks, I have more than enough AC with the yearly releases...

Ureh
01-14-2014, 09:47 PM
Alright, you win! I guess I'll have to settle for the watch dawgs in ac3.

killzab
01-14-2014, 09:50 PM
Watch Dogs originated as AC3. This is what I choose to believe until someone at Ubisoft proves me wrong. I believe there's a video from a con panel somewhere where the head of AC3's mission design confirmed that AC3 was originally planned to be all about Desmond in the modern world, but plans changed when it became clear the majority of fans didn't like that idea. I'm glad Watch Dogs is its own thing now, they were probably able to expand on the idea more than they would have within AC trappings, but it still makes me sad for what could have been.

Indeed, but if Ubi were awesome, they'd give us an "Assassin" special skin for Watch Dogs with the Hidden Blade as a special weapon ( in DLC ?). I'd be satisfied and consider it my modern day AC.

SixKeys
01-14-2014, 11:54 PM
Indeed, but if Ubi were awesome, they'd give us an "Assassin" special skin for Watch Dogs with the Hidden Blade as a special weapon ( in DLC ?). I'd be satisfied and consider it my modern day AC.

That would be perfect. :eek: Make it happen, Ubi!

LoyalACFan
01-15-2014, 04:22 AM
If thatís what they did then they officially lost all my respect because that means they just favored something easy to market to the public over something that the story requires to have.

How would that be easier to market to the public? Creating a new IP would be more "marketable" than releasing it under the name of a ludicrously successful franchise?

Besides, the story didn't require it, we got enough Desmond stuff in AC3. It all sucked, but it was enough to finish his story.

Fatal-Feit
01-15-2014, 06:29 AM
How would that be easier to market to the public? Creating a new IP would be more "marketable" than releasing it under the name of a ludicrously successful franchise?

Besides, the story didn't require it, we got enough Desmond stuff in AC3. It all sucked, but it was enough to finish his story.

I agree with this. The combat in modern day was laughable.

LoyalACFan
01-15-2014, 07:55 AM

It was half hilarious, half crushingly disappointing. When I saw the first security guard take out his pistol with a flourish and aim it like an 18th century duelist, I had to pause and turn off the TV for a few minutes to keep from rage-crying.

DinoSteve1
01-15-2014, 10:49 AM
Yes it was but the vast majority of AC3 was laughable, doesn't mean they can't make better combat for a modern day parts of a game or a full game. tbh I enjoyed the free climbing parts in the modern day sections far more than Conor parts.

adventurewomen
01-15-2014, 12:42 PM
I honestly think that Desmond wouldn't add anything to the story of Watch_Dogs, his story is done.

I enjoyed the free climbing parts in the modern day sections far more than Conor parts.
So you didn't like tree climbing/running, or you didn't like the frontier?

DinoSteve1
01-15-2014, 02:56 PM
Nope, it felt like a chore rather then fun.

adventurewomen
01-15-2014, 03:07 PM
Nope, it felt like a chore rather then fun.
You might have been pressing the wrong buttons for tree climbing/running. The flow of moving in trees was natural as walking or running on the ground in AC3.

lothario-da-be
01-15-2014, 03:11 PM
You might have been pressing the wrong buttons for tree climbing/running. The flow of moving in trees was natural as walking or running on the around in AC3.
This, watching my bro play is a chore, he is completly ******ed. He never presses X to climb, and when he finaly does he doesn't push the analogue stick in any direction. And more of that kind of stuff. Then he wonders why i freak out when he plays...

DinoSteve1
01-15-2014, 03:21 PM
You might have been pressing the wrong buttons for tree climbing/running. The flow of moving in trees was natural as walking or running on the around in AC3.
no, you misunderstand I can do it fine, it just quicker and easier to run on the ground, the only reason to climb anything in AC3 is too collect something or when a story mission needs you to climb, but in earlier games I loved climbing bulidings, I'm playing ACR now and I climb everything because its fun.

DJJaines
01-15-2014, 03:34 PM
I would consider myself a fair fan of most things AC and enjoy most aspects of the series and surrounding lore/canon (games, books, comics, Initiates etc) so I may be a little bit biased but I think I can see both sides. On one hand it would be great to have this a new story, new world with new lore to learn and a place to start from scratch for new players etc. However, Easter egg or not, seeing Blume mentioned in the hack able files? I have to say my heart leapt. I'm not saying they should be the same story or link in strongly, but if it was set in the same universe so you could have more 'Easter eggs' or a couple of cross-overs (someone mentioned Rebecca - she could pop in for a single mission where you have to help her deliver something or something). Nothing major (although that could be great) but maybe just the odd thing here or there. Like I said I might be biased, it just seems like an opportunity for something new -and- an opportunity to further explore the wider world of AC (edit) or the UBIverse.

adventurewomen
01-15-2014, 03:34 PM
** Just spotted a typo in my last post which you both quoted! :eek: I meant to say **Was as Natural As Walking Or Running On The Ground In AC3**
-------------------------------

This, watching my bro play is a chore, he is completly ******ed. He never presses X to climb, and when he finaly does he doesn't push the analogue stick in any direction. And more of that kind of stuff. Then he wonders why i freak out when he plays...
Haha, sounds frustrating! I guess you could just show him the correct buttons to press to climb.

no, you misunderstand I can do it fine, it just quicker and easier to run on the ground, the only reason to climb anything in AC3 is too collect something or when a story mission needs you to climb, but in earlier games I loved climbing bulidings, I'm playing ACR now and I climb everything because its fun.
Sorry for the misunderstanding! :eek:

Fair enough, I just see you complain about AC3 a lot idk maybe you could find something you like about the game? The freerunning as equally the same quality as all AC games it's just the tree climbing/running that knocked the ball out of the park! ​Just to note not all rocks/clif faces are climbable in AC4, Edward has some difficulty trying to climb rocks and some cliff faces, same with Adewale he has difficulty doing this as as well.

lothario-da-be
01-15-2014, 03:37 PM
Haha, sounds frustrating! I guess you could just show him the correct buttons to press to climb.

I laready did, a lot. But all hope is lost. He keeps making the same faults afther 2 days no ac...

DinoSteve1
01-15-2014, 03:42 PM
** Just spotted a typo in my last post which you both quoted! :eek: I meant to say **Was as Natural As Walking Or Running On The Ground In AC3**
-------------------------------

Sorry for the misunderstanding! :eek:

Fair enough, I just see you complain about AC3 a lot idk maybe you could find something you like about the game? The freerunning as equally the same quality as all AC games it's just the tree climbing/running that knocked the ball out of the park! ​Just to note not all rocks/clif faces are climbable in AC4, Edward has some difficulty trying to climb rocks and some cliff faces, same with Adewale he has difficulty doing this as as well.

I know not eveything is climbable, and yes I do complain about AC3 because I don't think its a very good game but as I said before the one take away from AC3 is the combat, it was very good.

SixKeys
01-15-2014, 06:34 PM
Fair enough, I just see you complain about AC3 a lot idk maybe you could find something you like about the game? The freerunning as equally the same quality as all AC games it's just the tree climbing/running that knocked the ball out of the park!

I disagree that the freerunning is equal in all games. The AC3/AC4 system is far more likely to have the player climbing boxes and other structures that are a little too close to the wall. The protagonist seems to sometimes automatically veer off the path to climb something off to the side even if the player isn't changing directions. In previous games this was impossible as you had to press a separate button to start climbing.

DinoSteve1
01-15-2014, 06:46 PM
agreed

Kagurra
01-15-2014, 11:06 PM
Ubisoft ****ed up big time putting in that Watch Dogs easter egg into AC4.......

I've never wanted to face-palm so hard as I have while reading these posts.

Ureh
01-16-2014, 09:46 PM

Yeah I think it might have to do with the layout of the buildings and the width of the streets (and maybe not an adequate number of tightwires or methods to close gaps). Also it wasn't as ranged-weapon-stealth-kill-friendly as the Ezio games (but I think they removed all those crossbows, poison darts, flying knives, etc cuz ppl kept complaining about how easy they're making the games). Colonial cities just weren't parkour friendly but I guess and they wanted to preserve that in the game. :O

HiddenKiller612
01-17-2014, 12:14 AM
Ubisoft ****ed up big time putting in that Watch Dogs easter egg into AC4.......

I've never wanted to face-palm so hard as I have while reading these posts.
Yep. So many people think they're set in the same universe now....

Kagurra
01-17-2014, 02:02 AM
Yep. So many people think they're set in the same universe now....

Exactly. And not only is that annoying in and of itself considering they've specifically stated it is not the case, but it sparks ideas of combining the two in those people. Why would you want to taint a brand new IP with something that has like 6-7 main games?

SixKeys
01-17-2014, 02:05 AM
Why does it even matter whether they're set in the same universe or not? I'm not claiming they are, but really, who cares?

Assassin_M
01-17-2014, 02:30 AM
No

dbzk1999
01-17-2014, 03:39 AM
Exactly. And not only is that annoying in and of itself considering they've specifically stated it is not the case, but it sparks ideas of combining the two in those people. Why would you want to taint a brand new IP with something that has like 6-7 main games?
I'm just wondering as I agree with six why does it matter if it's in the same universe

Kagurra
01-17-2014, 04:53 AM
I'm just wondering as I agree with six why does it matter if it's in the same universe

Just because it's made by the same company doesn't mean it has to be tied together. I love AC, but I don't want it to drag Watch Dogs down and pollute the game with it's fantasty/science fiction, where as Watch Dogs is just set in the recent future with nothing crazy unbelievable. It's set in the "real world" while AC is not.

SixKeys
01-17-2014, 05:17 PM
Just because it's made by the same company doesn't mean it has to be tied together. I love AC, but I don't want it to drag Watch Dogs down and pollute the game with it's fantasty/science fiction, where as Watch Dogs is just set in the recent future with nothing crazy unbelievable. It's set in the "real world" while AC is not.

Even if they're set in the same universe doesn't mean they have to affect each other's plot. It can remain just an inside joke. Batman and Superman exist in the same universe. Superman is ridiculously overpowered. Batman could solve every problem ever just by calling up Superman in every single issue. But he doesn't. You know why? Because even though they technically share the same universe, it doesn't mean they have to be realistically in synch at all times.

con2008
01-17-2014, 05:46 PM

Since AC and Watch Dogs are in the same Universe, and seeing that Rebecca is a "tech wiz" she might make a cameo. which I think would be awesome.

con2008
01-17-2014, 05:51 PM
Why does it even matter whether they're set in the same universe or not? I'm not claiming they are, but really, who cares?

you're right it doesn't matter

dbzk1999
01-17-2014, 06:16 PM

Oh sorry didn't know u played the story of watchdogs how does it end lol jk
But until we see the entire story then we'll know whether they're connected and even if they are it doesn't matter
It wouldn't really be bringing it down like six pretty much said, comics r a major example of this

con2008
01-17-2014, 06:31 PM
But until we see the entire story then we'll know whether they're connected and even if they are it doesn't matter
It wouldn't really be bringing it down like six pretty much said, comics r a major example of this

Templar Order and the Assassins are both secret organizations so it wouldn't pose a threat to Watch Dogs
story line. It's not like Shaun, Becca, and William (Desmond's father) are going to jump out their van and recruit Aiden Pearce to stop the Templars.

Kagurra
01-17-2014, 09:01 PM

They. Are. Not. Connected. Whatsoever. Not in the same universe, not connecting stories, NOTHING. I get this is an AC forum, but get your head out of AC's ***. Ugh Ubisoft screwed up putting that easter egg in. Just let the new IP be a new IP. It's a good thing, trust me folks.

Assassin_M
01-17-2014, 09:10 PM
They. Are. Not. Connected. Whatsoever. Not in the same universe, not connecting stories, NOTHING. I get this is an AC forum, but get your head out of AC's ***. Ugh Ubisoft screwed up putting that easter egg in. Just let the new IP be a new IP. It's a good thing, trust me folks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygr5AHufBN4

STDlyMcStudpants
01-17-2014, 09:25 PM
No.
Watch_Dogs was made to take AC's place.

Shahkulu101
01-17-2014, 09:28 PM
No.
Watch_Dogs was made to take AC's place.

Tinfoil hats on people...

dbzk1999
01-17-2014, 11:16 PM

Until there's proof it isn't I've already said we'll know when it comes out let's leave it at that

Fatal-Feit
01-17-2014, 11:22 PM
Until there's proof it isn't I've already said we'll know when it comes out let's leave it at that

IIRC, the director said they weren't, in anyway, related whatsoever.

HiddenKiller612
01-17-2014, 11:26 PM
http://pinkie.ponychan.net/chan/files/src/133996023010.png

Kagurra
01-17-2014, 11:30 PM
Basically the two posts right above this one say it all.

HiddenKiller612
01-17-2014, 11:37 PM
I can see why people think they're in the same universe though... Type in Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs in same universe in google once... Look at all the news articles saying they are/think they are set in the same universe... All because of the easter eggs in Black Flag.

dbzk1999
01-18-2014, 12:00 AM
All I'm saying is that I don't believe it but I've opened my mind to it
And for me I need to play the game to decide
Oh and the director may have said it's not but who's to say he doesn't mean it
I'm not saying that watch dogs is exactly ac modern day I'm just saying there's a POSSIBILITY that it's in the same universe

Kagurra
01-18-2014, 12:23 AM
All I'm saying is that I don't believe it but I've opened my mind to it
And for me I need to play the game to decide
Oh and the director may have said it's not but who's to say he doesn't mean it
I'm not saying that watch dogs is exactly ac modern day I'm just saying there's a POSSIBILITY that it's in the same universe

You're in denial... why are you in denial about such a silly topic?

I can see why people think they're in the same universe though... Type in Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs in same universe in google once... Look at all the news articles saying they are/think they are set in the same universe... All because of the easter eggs in Black Flag.

Exactly why I said they shouldn't have done that. I also hate how news is copy pasted from article to article like 500 times and you never see what you actually want when it comes to a topic. XO dolby audio patch for example. Google that and you just find the same reposted article when the consoles released, not updated news.

dbzk1999
01-18-2014, 12:45 AM

Exactly why I said they shouldn't have done that. I also hate how news is copy pasted from article to article like 500 times and you never see what you actually want when it comes to a topic. XO dolby audio patch for example. Google that and you just find the same reposted article when the consoles released, not updated news.
I'm not in denial I'm just more open minded bout it than you

con2008
01-18-2014, 01:56 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVCf623eNNc&feature=youtu.be&t=4m2s

In this interview Ashraf Ismail game director doesn't deny or confirm it, but hints there are connection to both by "Easter Eggs," meaning in AC easter eggs about Watch Dogs as we know and in Watch dogs easter eggs about AC. there isn't a coincidence that Abstergo from AC talks about Blume Corp from Watch Dogs if there not even "connected" or in the same "universe". My Educated guess, if there's connections there in the same universe
- for those who haven't come across the file of Abstergo & Blume Corp here. http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/29/5039386/assassins-creed-4s-secret-connection-to-another-ubisoft-game

Assassin_M
01-18-2014, 02:02 AM
This whole thread is filled with tension...why so much tension
let go, my lovlies...let go of your angry...embrace the warm fingers...calm yourselves

con2008
01-18-2014, 02:07 AM
This whole thread is filled with tension...why so much tension
let go, my lovlies...let go of your angry...embrace the warm fingers...calm yourselves

Hahaha oh Yeah I don't even think where talking about the topic of the thread anymore.

Assassin_M
01-18-2014, 02:09 AM
Hahaha oh Yeah I don't even think where talking about the topic of the thread anymore.
Right? man, people need to find their center of peace...

con2008
01-18-2014, 02:24 AM
We could all agree that Ubisoft makes great game so either way the AC series will still be great, and Watch Dogs will be an awesome new series.

But to respond to the actual thread No, I think a modern day AC wouldn't be good because in order to do so i think they would have to sacrifice some of the core values that we've come to love in the Assassins Creed series.