PDA

View Full Version : Do you play multiplayer?

MaceoniK
01-13-2014, 03:15 AM
I'm curious to know weather the majority of people who buy AC games, do or don't play the mutiplayer component.

egriffin09
01-13-2014, 03:41 AM
I played multiplayer in AC:B and AC:R. I played AC III multiplayer here and there. tbh, the multiplayer was fresh for 3 games, now it's not that fun to me anymore.

James_100
01-13-2014, 04:07 AM
Only for the trophies. It's not bad, it's just rather unnecessary. I'd prefer it if they removed it completely and focused all their effort into the single player. I agree that it's getting rather stale now as well. It's not a formula that was overly accepted a few years back, and it hasn't really made many advances since then, either. Just seems to me that they're putting on the multiplayer just for the sake of having a multiplayer and to jump on the bandwagon.

bitebug2003
01-13-2014, 04:26 AM
Nope, and I will never play it

STDlyMcStudpants
01-13-2014, 04:31 AM
Wow, I'm surprised im the first out of 6 that play..
I LOVE mp.. I didnt in AC IV only because the maps were too similar...
Leveling up started to feel like a grind too early on (Then again I played ACB, ACR, and AC3 mp from December til april so i had that working against me)
But I will admit though that if it werent for trophies, I wouldnt play it for more than one day just to check out the maps
But the same can be said for all MP out there..I wouldnt touch them if they didnt have trophies...
COD i would play without online trophies until i got into trophy hunting haha

SixKeys
01-13-2014, 05:02 AM
Yep, I do.

Fatal-Feit
01-13-2014, 07:14 AM
Wow, I'm surprised im the first out of 6 that play..
I LOVE mp.. I didnt in AC IV only because the maps were too similar...
Leveling up started to feel like a grind too early on (Then again I played ACB, ACR, and AC3 mp from December til april so i had that working against me)
But I will admit though that if it werent for trophies, I wouldnt play it for more than one day just to check out the maps
But the same can be said for all MP out there..I wouldnt touch them if they didnt have trophies...
COD i would play without online trophies until i got into trophy hunting haha

Same here. The MP rocks!

JCar4327
01-13-2014, 07:38 AM
I only played to get the experience points for initiates. I buy single player games because I do not want to interact with other players. That is why "Sharing is Caring" sucks so much; not because it is broken at the moment, but because I had to friend a bunch of people I don't know to try to complete it.

Black_Widow9
01-13-2014, 09:18 AM
If I had a better internet connection I would. ;)

RinoTheBouncer
01-13-2014, 11:28 AM
I don’t. AC is a single player game, not an MP game.
They’ve added this mode to appeal to the fans of plot-less games. Even when I attempted once or twice, I can’t find nobody to play with. Like whatever, even if I’m level 1, how would I level up if nobody wants to play? LOL. **** that mode.

Celticverse
01-13-2014, 02:04 PM
Many friends from my clan only play multiplayer only .Myself i love the story mode to play with friends on ac3 was great when you could group invite them to a game . now on ac4 finding a match with 4 or 3 is almost impossible.out of 30 matches yesterday we actually got one competitive manhunt .matchmaking is poor too many rage quitting noobs very frustrating.

luv10man
01-13-2014, 02:44 PM
I buy AC for the single player mode although I have played multi player a few times. I do not really enjoy multi player on anything due to getting quick matched with quick quitters and too many who are just plain vulgar *******s during the game. I think nearly all games need a single player story line and a co-op story line that could be played online or with another controller and do away with all the other crap where there are numerous players. I think that would be so much better but that's just me.

Voyager456
01-13-2014, 03:15 PM
I did play it until bugs,glitches,disconections,performance problems started to drowe me crazy,wright know im in limited mode for 2 weeks despite the fact
mp was running fine first week and the fact that all other mp games including ac3 are working properly also i lost all mp progress after reinstaling the game so yea i hardly doubt im gonna get back to mp unless mp stability improves dramaticaly
in next ac games wich probably wont unless they go with dedicated servers wich they wont because thy are greedy.Have a god one thats all from me.

ziljn
01-13-2014, 03:38 PM
No, I don't play multiplayer, and I really wish the single player game didn't focus so much of it's rewards on multiplayer. Completely useless. Unlocking content you could actually use in single player would have been the smarter way to go.

O-Rei-do-Frango
01-13-2014, 03:52 PM
No, I don't play multiplayer, and I really wish the single player game didn't focus so much of it's rewards on multiplayer. Completely useless. Unlocking content you could actually use in single player would have been the smarter way to go.

Well said!
Plus, it annoys me that you need MP trophies to get a Platinum one. That's the reason why AC 2 is the only one whose Platinum trophy I've obtained. If the developers feel like they have to shoehorn multiplayer in every single game these days (they don't), at least they could do like the Uncharted games: you can get Platinum just by obtaining every single player trophy.

Really... who buys AC for the multiplayer? These games are all about the SP and I'd rather they used all the resources they're using in MP to make an even better SP.

lothario-da-be
01-13-2014, 04:55 PM
I always play MP untill i reach the highest level, for acb and ac3 i regulary returned for some matches. I lost interest in acr and ac4's MP very fast afther reaching the highest level.

DinoSteve1
01-13-2014, 05:05 PM
Nope, I wish the MP and SP trophies were separate.

TexasToast712
01-13-2014, 06:05 PM
Dabbled in Brotherhood MP and I played the hell out of ACR multiplayer because it had the coolest characters ever and was highly addicting for some reason. AC3 I literally played like one match. None of the characters or customization interested me. AC4 is almost as bad in character department but I find myself liking the gameplay. I long for a combat system other than the rock paper scissors stun/kill system we have. I want to be able to fight back. Not just stun my attacker.

I also have connection issues with AC4 getting randomly disconnected from matches all the time. Is this a issue on my end or Ubisoft's? My internet is fine.

STDlyMcStudpants
01-13-2014, 08:40 PM
Nope, I wish the MP and SP trophies were separate.

I have been saying this all along... Killzone 3 is an ALMOST perfect example.
The game has 2 trophy sets and 2 platinums. 1 for single player and one for multiplayer
When I think of game sales failing and why - I think of trophies.
Trophies can make or break game sales this day in age...
If your MP servers go down then you have a Homefront on your hands..a BEAUTIFUL game with a great story that no one will touch because you can't plat it any more.
Which means not a broad enough audience to release a sequel for...
Putting MP trophies in your game is putting a black aura around it that make people research before they buy no matter how great the game looks.

Games should follow KZ3's foot steps
1 MP trophy set and one SP trophy set with 2 plats (So DLC doesnt take your 100% away)
And the MP set doesnt install until you log on to the MP servers...
That way instead of losing a sale, the buyer who wouldnt have been one in the first place is lsing out on one trophy list
BC lets behonest...back logs (I mean true backlogs not a i need to learn the origins of this story back log) only exist for trophies and achievements

dbzk1999
01-13-2014, 08:46 PM
I was always wondering what is it about trophies that people love I mean I've gotten a couple of platinums but is it supposed to be a sense of accomplishment or what? I'm being honest too

STDlyMcStudpants
01-13-2014, 08:52 PM
I was always wondering what is it about trophies that people love I mean I've gotten a couple of platinums but is it supposed to be a sense of accomplishment or what? I'm being honest too

It's a mix of accomplishment and our natural desire to complete things.
Its getting the most out of your money.
And in games like Gran Turismo 5 and Catherine where the trophy set is so skill based its about bragging rights.
I used to just play the game for its story and moved on....But that led to disappointment when i could sit down for one sunday afternoon and beat almost any game.
Now when buy games, I buy them to complete them.

Kagurra
01-13-2014, 09:00 PM
I have not touched AC4 multiplayer, and probably never will since the friend I eventually (like 6 months after release because we were bored) played AC3 multiplayer with up to the first max level didn't get AC4 on XO, he borrowed it and played it on 360.

It's just really bad IMO. I've said this before but it's just a "bonus" and should be scrapped, and the extra funds should go into making a much better game in the short amount of time they have to work with.

LoyalACFan
01-13-2014, 11:02 PM
It was alright in ACB, but by this point it's just gotten dull and repetitive. Wolfpack's basically the only major new thing they've added since 2010.

adventurewomen
01-13-2014, 11:04 PM
I stopped playing MP a while ago, got annoyed with the consent cheating from some players.

Kagurra
01-14-2014, 12:31 AM
I stopped playing MP a while ago, got annoyed with the consent cheating from some players.

Cheating lol. I doubt there is actual cheating in a giant AAA game like this. Maybe just bad lag you're getting the short end of the stick on.

adventurewomen
01-14-2014, 12:34 AM
Cheating lol. I doubt there is actual cheating in a giant AAA game like this. Maybe just bad lag you're getting the short end of the stick on.
I don't have lag, my hardware works perfectly fine.

It does happen..

I've noticed more cheating happening with the PC players mostly with the use of a trainer, and sometimes the console versions AC:MP .. people modify/hack their save files for MP to cheat.

LoyalACFan
01-14-2014, 12:36 AM

Depends on which game you're playing too. I'm sure ACB/ACR MP is just a den of hackers now, if you could even get into a match at all. I still play RDR MP on occasion, and the sheer number of hackers/glitchers/cheaters is just unbelievable. Most of them just find and exploit funny stuff though, like rocketing yourself thousands of feet in the air and freefalling back down to your death, or rafting on the river on the back of a wagon or dead horse.

joeyhayes
01-14-2014, 02:24 AM
Yep I play, was my fav MP game until Last of Us.

Its due for a make-over though. Not so much the modes/mechanics but the back end. Spawning and match-making have been the worst I've ever experience in a MP game for like 3 releases now. Match-making in particular seems worse this time round. If I'm not getting continuously disconnected for no reason, I'm getting put into games with 1 min left on the clock.

Megas_Doux
01-14-2014, 02:26 AM
Not only I dislike it, in fact I HATE how it ruins any platinum chances for me.

Kagurra
01-14-2014, 02:58 AM
Depends on which game you're playing too. I'm sure ACB/ACR MP is just a den of hackers now, if you could even get into a match at all. I still play RDR MP on occasion, and the sheer number of hackers/glitchers/cheaters is just unbelievable. Most of them just find and exploit funny stuff though, like rocketing yourself thousands of feet in the air and freefalling back down to your death, or rafting on the river on the back of a wagon or dead horse.

RDR is different though. And I assumed she meant AC4, which just came out so I highly doubt there's hackers.

Not only I dislike it, in fact I HATE how it ruins any platinum chances for me.

Agreed.. :/ I got 1000g (well more because of DLC but you get it) in AC3 but like I said, I went back and played the multiplayer months later because my friend and I were super bored. There's not a chance of that happening because he doesn't have AC4 anymore, let alone on the same console.

STDlyMcStudpants
01-14-2014, 03:51 AM
, and sometimes the console versions AC:MP .. people modify/hack their save files for MP to cheat.
LOL...no...you cant modify a save file for online because a save file for online on a console doesnt exist..MP stats are saved on servers for 99% of online games.
Noone is cheating...
Even if thewy could unlock all weapons with a hack it wouldnt matter..i come in level one and destroy prestige level players
Its not about your tools, its about your ability to use them.

SixKeys
01-14-2014, 05:43 AM
There are definitely hackers/cheaters in the MP, lots of them. There's one infamous person in the MP community who got to prestige 99 in ACR and AC3 within the first two days of release and I still see that happening. There have even been members on the forum bragging about building a lag switch which allowed them to get to the top of the leaderboards. There are people who boost their way to the top by inviting a bunch of friends in the same lobby and spending the entire match killing and stunning each other for tons of points.

Toa TAK
01-14-2014, 06:02 AM
I don't. I don't feel like it has much to add to the overall package. Besides, I'm into AC for the great single player.

Kagurra
01-14-2014, 06:25 AM
LOL...no...you cant modify a save file for online because a save file for online on a console doesnt exist..MP stats are saved on servers for 99% of online games.
Noone is cheating...
Even if thewy could unlock all weapons with a hack it wouldnt matter..i come in level one and destroy prestige level players
Its not about your tools, its about your ability to use them.

Not the case. RDR had super easy save file editing and that was a big MP game. Borderlands 1 and 2 are editable also, but that's co-op. There's more but I can't think of them. Also the thing about tools is just not true. In AC3 guns, poison/poison darts, and smokebombs gave high levels a crazy advantage over low levels. They just didn't have the same ability to achieve the level of points you could achieve with those tools if you were an equal skill player.

FreeKnowledge
01-14-2014, 07:53 AM
I think they should be split,single player on its own game,multiplayer on its own game too.I would love for a ac game to just be single player,but I would miss the multiplayer with all its problems just a bit too.make em in to two individual games,like a AC5 and for multiplayer make a oh idk AC death battles ,where we can actually play multiplayer with the assassins like Edward,there are more than snuff assassins now or templars. Shhhit let us really great our own assassins or templars and customize them.every color every aspect of it except for face.we have to still find each other lol so idk how it would work.

FreeKnowledge
01-14-2014, 07:55 AM
Enuff I meant enuff:-D

Kagurra
01-14-2014, 07:59 AM
I think they should be split,single player on its own game,multiplayer on its own game too.I would love for a ac game to just be single player,but I would miss the multiplayer with all its problems just a bit too.make em in to two individual games,like a AC5 and for multiplayer make a oh idk AC death battles ,where we can actually play multiplayer with the assassins like Edward,there are more than snuff assassins now or templars. Shhhit let us really great our own assassins or templars and customize them.every color every aspect of it except for face.we have to still find each other lol so idk how it would work.

Yeah right. They already pump out enough of these games. What other successful games that have split multiplayer and singleplayer on two separate disks/downloads can you name? You mean zero? :O

I don't even know if there are any unsuccessful games that have done that.

EighthGuardian
01-14-2014, 08:21 AM
I only play the multiplayer until I have the trophies. After that I never look at it again.

FreeKnowledge
01-14-2014, 08:23 AM
So then ubisoft can be the first to pull it off this feat.:O

DinoSteve1
01-14-2014, 08:41 AM
There is no need to split MP and SP, just split the trophies.

FreeKnowledge
01-14-2014, 08:55 AM
Yeah but imagine if multiplayer had a whole dev team a good dev team to just work on a standalone multiplayer title.we could get boats,oh its endless we could actually fight like how we do in single player.

STDlyMcStudpants
01-14-2014, 06:33 PM
Not the case. RDR had super easy save file editing and that was a big MP game. Borderlands 1 and 2 are editable also, but that's co-op. There's more but I can't think of them. Also the thing about tools is just not true. In AC3 guns, poison/poison darts, and smokebombs gave high levels a crazy advantage over low levels. They just didn't have the same ability to achieve the level of points you could achieve with those tools if you were an equal skill player.

Thats why i said 99%...games where SP and MP are one (Borderlands, Dead Island) mods are inevitable
I dont think mods exist in the AC world..ive never once felt cheated out of a win except for artifact assault where payers will grab the artifact and not move, yet the oposing team doesnt kill them

Kagurra
01-14-2014, 08:47 PM
we could actually for fight like how we do in single player.

You mean that bad and boring combat system that's press B then X to kill hundreds of men. Yeah that'll be fun and totally work for a multiplayer game.

Btw... How are you not banned yet? I would've thought that posting a bunch of nonsense about Watch Dogs and refusing to give evidence to your claims would've done it along with the glaringly trollish posts like these...

Hans684
01-14-2014, 09:17 PM
No interest in MP, only watched YT videos from MP regarding the story like the MP story in ACR.

Ureh
01-14-2014, 09:56 PM
ACB mp was exhilarating but it takes up my focus from single player. I had to choose the latter.

FreeKnowledge
01-14-2014, 10:24 PM
Wow @kagura or whatever you are so rude and should be banned I complimented you on another post and you still act like a little girl looking to be cool.you attack me over and over again yet your not banned, I don't sit here and say gee how come she's not banned yet.ppl like you are just forum bullies and keep the community from growing.you are very rude your definitely not Japanese because they have respect and honor your just a little anime fan who thinks she special because she's a senior member.chill out grow up and be more like the ppl who create the anime you like to watch,respectful, stop deterring ppl from speaking on the forums with you absolute disrespectful nature.

BabyKobes
01-15-2014, 01:10 AM
They should have made multiplayer a sandbox, not death matches

FreeKnowledge
01-15-2014, 01:42 AM
^this

unbelievabletr
01-15-2014, 10:36 PM
Since ACR, i bought the games, only because of simple deathmatch. Till ACR, the storys were good, but then, in my opinion, the storys were somehow disapointed for me. Now, after simple deathmatch was removed, i guess i won t buy AC anymore. I guess, i ll just look a walkthrough of AC5 on youtube. I think, i played AC for to long time already, to see in black flag a fantastic game, for me, there wasn t much of...wow, thats great!!!... moments, like i had them , while i played AC2 earlier. Multiplayer is a great thing, good maps this time, but sadly no more my favourite mode there and with other modes, well, im not a good friend with them...lol

roostersrule2
01-16-2014, 02:12 AM
I did for ACB and a bit of ACR but I only played 1 game of both AC3's and AC4's.

DinoSteve1
01-16-2014, 02:14 AM
I'm kinda surprised by the results, anyone else?

HiddenKiller612
01-16-2014, 04:05 AM
I play it for the trophies... other than that I don't play the mp...

cjdavies
01-16-2014, 04:09 AM
I will oce I finished the single player, I love it.

strigoi1958
01-16-2014, 04:17 AM
Years ago I watched my mate play Halo MP... he got the same weapons went to the same places and did the same things..... I couldn't understand why fighting in the same scrap of land repeatedly was interesting... years later I watched him play call of duty MP (can't remember which one) anyway he spawns... gets the same weapon goes to the same places and repeats the same moves continuously just dying, re spawning repeat... in the same little bit of an island or city.... Still don't understand it. I'm sure it gives some people a sense of achievement but I like to see progress. I see MP like tic tac toe (noughts and crosses here in the UK) That said.... If AC4 had MP sea battles where a small group of ships could attack a large heavily defended convoy... or attack a huge fort (or 2 forts guarding a harbour).... then I think my interest could be piqued ;)

MjW-
01-16-2014, 08:42 AM
No, and I hate these multiplayer trophies.

Sabuto78
01-16-2014, 10:34 AM
I hop on it from time to time. It's a nice distraction but it is hella repetitive and gets boring fast. Idk how some people enjoy it so much

BATISTABUS
01-16-2014, 12:59 PM
I played the **** out of Brotherhood, barely played Revelations, and played AC3 for a couple of weeks. I haven't touched AC4's mutiplayer as I don't have XBox Live (and might never get it), but I wish I could experiment with Game Lab. Other than that though...I've had my fill with that style of multiplayer mode. I'm hoping for something completely different in this year's release.

crappyjazz
01-16-2014, 04:36 PM
I've never played it but I was considering it for this one because I thought it would be all about the ship battles. Disappointed to hear they didn't include that.

Ureh
01-16-2014, 09:22 PM
I'm kinda surprised by the results, anyone else?

I'm not sure. Maybe most of the members here are fans of sp? Maybe sp fans are more vocal on the forums and mp fans only like to express their opinion on a headset? I am really itching to see a sp-only AC again. Even if it's just once more...

cjdavies
01-16-2014, 11:06 PM
I'm not sure. Maybe most of the members here are fans of sp? Maybe sp fans are more vocal on the forums and mp fans only like to express their opinion on a headset? I am really itching to see a sp-only AC again. Even if it's just once more...

Plus the fans post on the MP forum.