PDA

View Full Version : Uplay is..

RaiCoss
01-13-2014, 01:27 AM
Like seriously. I just got Assassin's Creed Revelations on Steam, but every time I start the game Uplay starts up too. The problem being is it seems to cause major FPS problems. Annoying stuttering during cutscenes for some reason (although not in actual gameplay), and worst of all, every time I get an achievement (I don't give a flying about achievements, they're utterly pointless), it freezes the game for 30-60 seconds. Why does this Uplay garbage have to be attached to a Steam release like a cancer? Isn't Steam enough of a DRM method? It's no wonder people pirate to get away from this ..

/rant over lol

strigoi1958
01-13-2014, 03:20 AM
there are lots of people here who have bought through steam and have no problems... uplay is ubisofts protection and it runs regardless of where the game was purchased. It is possible that the conflict may be being caused by something else.... corrupt file, corrupt save, antivirus, firewall, driver, or even pc system related. I have blamed uplay for ac3 problems because it updated and I forgot that the night before I had changed driver.... :o 3 weeks later I found it was nvidia's fault. Anyway I hope you get it sorted.

Frag_Maniac
01-13-2014, 08:17 AM
I agree Uplay is horrible, worst game distribution/browser software in the biz, but my Steam copy of AC IV if anything has been FAR less problematic than those with copies they bought off Uplay or Origin.

Maybe try running Uplay in offline mode with cloud sync and overlay disabled.

Black_Widow9
01-13-2014, 09:49 AM
Please follow the Forum Rules when creating a Topic.