PDA

View Full Version : Question For PS4 Users

DynaRider
01-12-2014, 08:01 PM
I'm sitting here with $400.00 cash and wondering whether or not to get a PS4. Now that y'all have had some time to use your new consoles what do ya think? Is it worth stepping up from the PS3? I'm not interested in all the on line type features and really would only benefit from greatly improved graphics and improved processing power. Assassin's Creed series is my all time favorite game and I've replayed each one several times. I know I won't be able to replay the PS3 versions on the PS4 and that the ultimate decision will have to be mine. I'm just curious how many of you have been happy with the PS4 or kind of wished you would have spent the money on something else and stayed with the PS3.

Mr_Shade
01-12-2014, 09:10 PM
I'm very happy with mine - much improved console over the PS3 - in my opinion.

You have to consider the low amount of titles currently available though, compared to PS3.

DynaRider
01-13-2014, 01:20 AM
Hello Mr_Shade and thanks for the reply. I decided that since I had saved money specifically for a PS4 I might as well do it. New PS4 is set up and running. Looks good but first thing I noticed was they switched functions for the R1 and R2 buttons. After playing the PS3 for so long it is a bit of a chore remembering they're reversed on the 4. Also took me a bit to figure out how to open the map screen and the touch pad function on the controller is a bit touchy in the map screen and will move your marker if you're not careful. Pretty happy with the new look though. Haven't found a way to customize the controller button functions.

silvermercy
01-13-2014, 01:25 AM
I want to get a PS4 soon (and probably will). ^_^ I've only played it at the demo but I remember being amazed at the graphics of AC4 on that console. I completed the game on PS3 but I think it will be a very enhanced experience if you play it on PS4. (Btw, I don't usually replay games but it speaks volumes since I'm considering replaying it in the PS4. lol)

Oh by the way... This is a graphics preview from the Tumblr thread:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/939c00789518de2354a128790689b577/tumblr_mz9l7ldoVg1s9k8ozo1_500.jpg

kidding kidding! :p

jetlee2777
01-13-2014, 02:37 AM
Well eventhough it might be that the graphics are much better on PS4,than on PS3 the PS4 got still some main disadvantages.

One for example is that PS3 and PS4 users canīt play anymore,together eventhough itīs the same game "Assasins Creed 4 Black Flag" multiplayer (& same trophies) it is on another server,but this is generally a problem.(And you have to replay all AC4 trophies.)

Second and this is imo one of the most big disadvantages that PS4 got is that now you need to buy PS Plus only so that you can "still" play online,while on PS3 the Playstation Network is for free.

DynaRider
01-13-2014, 04:31 AM
Well, we're off to a good start. The game just locked up and kicked me out. I did let the PS4 exercise the option to send a problem report though. Sure wish there was a way to reconfigure the controller buttons. I'm constantly trying to use the R1 button to run, swim, etc. and find the R2 button is just a tad bit awkward for me.

I noticed also that the PS4 gets really hot on the bottom of the unit. I have it sitting on a glass shelf on my television stand and there is no air space under the unit for air movement. I had a couple pieces of wood that I had used for something else and I placed them under the PS4 which raises it 2 inches and provides some room for heat to escape. Don't know why SONY didn't put some legs under it for cooling.