PDA

View Full Version : AC3 map question. First post, newbie.

LuvBrknSwd
01-12-2014, 02:23 AM
I just started playing the AC games starting with AC3. I have a question about some indications I saw on the screen.

I have an Xbox 360.

When playing the "In Execution Is Everything" mission I saw two little hex boxes to the right of the map with X's in them. Does anyone know what those mean?

Thanks.

inferno33222
01-12-2014, 02:30 AM
That circle to the right of your map is your Notoriety Meter. Basically, it signals to you the alertness of the guards. If you see a hooded figure, you are Incognito and the guards ignore you unless you attack someone. One X means they are Suspicious. Their meter will begin to fill with Yellow (the meter goes Yellow, then Red, then they are Aware, as in, they attack you) as soon as they see you. Two X's means they are Alert, and their meter will begin to fill with Red on sight. Restricted zones, which are red on the map, such as the fort you enter for that mission, are always Level Two. Three X's means that the guards are Aware and you are Notorious. They will immediately engage you if they see you.

You can lower notoriety by tearing down Wanted Posters, bribing Town Criers, or bribing Printing Presses. These options are only available once you unlock Connor and you enter Boston. Sam Adams gives you a tutorial on Notoriety. As Haytham, only worry about them if you are in a Restricted Zone.

LuvBrknSwd
01-12-2014, 02:41 AM
Thank you, that helps explain things a lot! This is a cool game.