PDA

View Full Version : Ever a Splinter " Get to the Observatory"..cannot proceed because of " camera angle"

Raila88
01-11-2014, 09:18 PM
There is a serious glitch in the camera angle that prevents me from jumping properly to the beam across..let me explain the sequence, you run into the room, you see the " brute" get incinerated, you wait, you jump until you get to the slab with the 3 Spaniards on it, then you have a choice of getting to the upper moving columns either side. Now this is where the problem starts. Once at the proper ledge on the column, you have to jump to the long slab finger, but the camera angle cannot go " behind" Edward so I have " proper line of sight" to the next jump. The mouse will only move so that Edward is facing 45 degrees away from the jump angle, so if I hit W and space, he will jump in front and into the abyss and get incinerated. If I hit D and space, he will not jump. So it then becomes impossible because of the wrong camera viewing angle to get Edward to jump properly. My question is how did you get around that problem, this is for folks using mouse and keyboard please.

Thanks in advance

YazX_
01-11-2014, 10:01 PM
you only need to press (Run Key + Jump) without any movement keys so he can jump backwards, i dont remember the default bindings as i changed them to previous ACs which is (Right Click + Space) but i guess its now Shift + Space.

Raila88
01-12-2014, 12:06 AM
Right click space = jump ahead, which is the wrong direction, which means the abyss.
I don't think you quite understand my predicament, he can turn any direction, but will only jump in relation to the camera angle, not his angle. Since the camera angle is fixed( it will not move any further) the camera angle is facing 12:00 when it needs to face 3:00, but it won't..the long slab is at 3:00...hence whn I say " line of sight...you see because in most circumstances you can get the camera angle " behind" Edwards back, here because there is a " structure" the camera will not shift so that your looking at his back, so that your looking at your target ledge to jump..... its a flaw in the design, which in my case prevents me from facing Edward in the right direction+ camera angle to be able to use right click space to jump WHERE I AM LOOKING AT. Where I am looking at, is the wrong direction because the game will not " allow" the proper viewing camera angle to jump towards the right spot.

Now shift space works only if Edward is " hanging"

YazX_
01-12-2014, 01:25 AM
would you mind to post a screenshot -use uplay to capture it-?

Raila88
01-12-2014, 02:04 AM
OK I got through that part but I am stuck on the very last segment, I get to the pipes and do the monkey swing, get to the wall, then go 2 blocks, stop or I'll get incinerated.. scramble to the 3rd block and I need to do a long right arm monkey reach, but all he does is smash himself into the wall and doesn't grab the ledge...... to do the long right arm monkey reach I use D , Shift, Space on the keyboard.
I have watched the videos on Youtube very closely and I cannot get Edward to do that move..so I am stuck..again..the game control commands in this game really suck, looks like it was made more for Xbox or PS4.

jeffies04
01-12-2014, 02:36 AM
Post screenshots... I was able to do the sequence without ever having to manually jump (except maybe there was a backwards grab)... it was all auto-jumping if you're going to the correct spots.

Post a screenshot and I can try it using keyboard only and see if I can't help

Frag_Maniac
01-12-2014, 03:58 AM
First part where you were stuck at DOES show Shift+Space prompt to jump backward when camera is at side angle w/ ledge behind.

The part you're stuck at now mostly involves lateral ledge moves timed to avoid the defense beam.

AC is a bit awkward controls wise, but not as bad as you're saying.

It also discourages advice when you repeatedly ignore certain offers of helping you play it as intended, only to end up saying you came up with your own solution that isn't. So far I'm not convinced that anything you've claimed was a control, camera or detection bug actually was.

Raila88
01-12-2014, 05:29 AM
Post screenshots... I was able to do the sequence without ever having to manually jump (except maybe there was a backwards grab)... it was all auto-jumping if you're going to the correct spots.

Post a screenshot and I can try it using keyboard only and see if I can't help

Thanks, it was y what you said that gave me the answer, the actual Youtube video skips a very crucial part..the sequence is actually this..................... monkey swing along the pipes..... climb up to the blocks...go 2 wait for the incinerating laser to stop.. go one more and now the critical part that the video skips...go UP 3 then jig along the wall and as you say at this point the long swing jump to the right happens automatically..the rest is a piece of cake. The other thing is this game you cannot adjust the brightness, I have an Nvidia card and the shadows are always excessively dark with Nvidia

YazX_
01-12-2014, 11:46 AM
First part where you were stuck at DOES show Shift+Space prompt to jump backward when camera is at side angle w/ ledge behind.

The part you're stuck at now mostly involves lateral ledge moves timed to avoid the defense beam.

AC is a bit awkward controls wise, but not as bad as you're saying.

It also discourages advice when you repeatedly ignore certain offers of helping you play it as intended, only to end up saying you came up with your own solution that isn't. So far I'm not convinced that anything you've claimed was a control, camera or detection bug actually was.

This ^

The other thing is this game you cannot adjust the brightness, I have an Nvidia card and the shadows are always excessively dark with Nvidia

No, you can adjust the brightness from options --> General.

Frag_Maniac
01-12-2014, 09:47 PM
No, you can adjust the brightness from options --> General.

Yep, yet another misconception. I'll give you that the game lacks lighting balance. You can't just leave it at one setting through the whole game and not have some things look washed out or too dark, but it DOES have a brightness setting under the General heading in the menu.

You're too anxious Raila, you give up too quickly and search for YouTube vids vs just looking in the game menu or trying what most would consider common sense trial and error tactics. As you noticed, You Tube vids can often be misleading, and so can your own snap judgments.

lee.dixon
12-29-2014, 02:25 PM
There is a serious glitch in the camera angle that prevents me from jumping properly to the beam across..let me explain the sequence, you run into the room, you see the " brute" get incinerated, you wait, you jump until you get to the slab with the 3 Spaniards on it, then you have a choice of getting to the upper moving columns either side. Now this is where the problem starts. Once at the proper ledge on the column, you have to jump to the long slab finger, but the camera angle cannot go " behind" Edward so I have " proper line of sight" to the next jump. The mouse will only move so that Edward is facing 45 degrees away from the jump angle, so if I hit W and space, he will jump in front and into the abyss and get incinerated. If I hit D and space, he will not jump. So it then becomes impossible because of the wrong camera viewing angle to get Edward to jump properly. My question is how did you get around that problem, this is for folks using mouse and keyboard please.

Thanks in advance

I have this exact same issue, how did you get past this ?

kinpinbaby
06-06-2016, 03:58 AM
I have this exact same issue, how did you get past this ?

Finally solved it. Changed screen resolution to 1024x768 (in game menu options) while standing on platform near pillar. After that the game allowed me to jump sideways (D plus Spacebar or maybe D plus shift plus spacebar). This allowed me to jump to the pillar on my right. After that I switched back to original resolution (1920x1080) and continued on normally.

Tolkyyn
06-27-2017, 03:15 AM
On a PC, once I had him centered on that ledge facing the beam, I had to use Shift+A+space for him to move.

penguin1947
06-21-2018, 10:22 AM
Once at the proper ledge on the column, you have to jump to the long slab finger, but the camera angle cannot go " behind" Edward so I have " proper line of sight" to the next jump. The mouse will only move so that Edward is facing 45 degrees away from the jump angle, so if I hit W and space, he will jump in front and into the abyss and get incinerated. If I hit D and space, he will not jump. So it then becomes impossible because of the wrong camera viewing angle to get Edward to jump properly. My question is how did you get around that problem, this is for folks using mouse and keyboard please.

For any other poor lost keyboard-soul trying this so many years after the game was vogue: D + space