PDA

View Full Version : Pirates Pack - Worse DLC EVER!

DCarver69
01-11-2014, 05:57 AM
If I wanted new Textures for Toons and weapons I'd by them. Worse case is I had to get this because it's part of the Seasons Pass... this is not a DLC and game play, it's a Texture pack.

In this Illustrious Pirates Pack you got 3 new places which have very low lvl gear. And ii took me longer to get to the new locations then it did to find everything and clear it. A DLC should give an extend Playtime, not just some Bitmaps and character Skins! What a rip off! I was expecting 3 new big cities, with new everything and good loot. Most cargo loot had 3 of some item... 3? I thought DLC Was End game loot/items....

WTF UBI ?!? Please refund my money.

LoyalACFan
01-11-2014, 06:02 AM
I was expecting 3 new big cities, with new everything and good loot.

Well then, you were aiming your sights LUDICROUSLY high. 3 whole cities? Jesus. The DLC was just the preorder content you got for purchasing the game from various retailers (I think Amazon, Walmart, and Gamestop)

SixKeys
01-11-2014, 06:16 AM
Perhaps next time you should read the DLC description before throwing your money away. Nowhere does it say anything about big cities. All the locations are described as "islands".

Fatal-Feit
01-11-2014, 08:35 AM
They are pricey if you don't have the Season Pass, I'll give you that. But I don't think it's the worse DLC. The Islands were quite fun to explore and having the chance to increase my wardrobe and sails while touring was fun. I would have appreciated a cutscene with Edward lamenting over Stede's lost but other than that, I was satisfied.

Also, did anyone notice how bandits were making a civilian walk the plank on one of the Islands? How cool would it have been to have that be another common way of recruiting pirates? Just a thought. :p

datensystem
01-11-2014, 08:43 AM
Stop crying, you should've got informations before you've bought the season pass.

I'm very happy with the DLC's Ubisoft brings out, i really like them.

Kirokill
01-11-2014, 02:34 PM
When I first played the game I was like, why the hell can't we wear civilian clothes like Stede's, and after I got this for free with the season pass, I'm satisfied.

Also, did anyone notice how bandits were making a civilian walk the plank on one of the Islands? How cool would it have been to have that be another common way of recruiting pirates? Just a thought. :p

I pushed him to his death because I saved him and he kept being in scared animation.

DinoSteve1
01-11-2014, 05:21 PM
Whats in the dlc?

aL_____eX
01-11-2014, 06:27 PM
Sometimes some reading before buying helps. I can't (under)stand people, who freak out because of every little thing. The DLC this time is just a little nice extra thing, more like a pre order bonus. And you could have known that, if you took at least one minute for investigations.

edit: The "real" story DLC is Freedom Cry. And it's definitely worth the money.

Kagurra
01-11-2014, 08:25 PM
lol three new cities for 7$. I wish.

adventurewomen
01-11-2014, 08:46 PM
WTF UBI ?!? Please refund my money.
YOU. Decided to buy the DLC, next time read the description properly, it's really your own fault. Stop complaining.

ze_topazio
01-11-2014, 09:02 PM
http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Dr.-Who.gif

DCarver69
01-13-2014, 09:42 PM
I should have said 'Worse Season Pass DLC Ever'. Who expects Bitmaps from a DLC sold inside a Seasons Pass??

It's a Season Pass.... And when did you ever see a Description of the DLC's you 'will' get with the game when you first buy it? I thought I had already explained that I would not have bought the DLC just reading the notes. I bought the season pass because I loved the game and wanted more gameplay. Great job UBI on that BTW! seriously, one of my fav games.

What I'm saying is I'll never get a Seasons Pass from UBI again if they can contain Texture packs. I mean how much time you you enjoy running those 3 islands.... There were about 10 npcs, 5-6 chests, and 2-4 loot crates (with what, 1-4 pieces of loot). No new missions. Yes I'm pissed that I paid a Seasons pass for these bitmaps. I didn't even think anyone would ever release a Season Pass DLC that only contained Skins. Now I know, thanks.

adventurewomen
01-13-2014, 09:51 PM
^ It's not as part of the season pass - the season pass is a separate add-on, it's a DLC that includes exclusive content that was included in the black chest edition. This DLC was always intended to be a DLC that unlocks swords, sails, single mission and outfits.

http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-the-illustrious-pirates-dlc-pack/

Again ever heard of the saying "You get what you pay for.."

phoenix-force411
01-13-2014, 09:54 PM
Ubi cannot return your money to you because you didn't read the description. Please read the terms of service.