PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 5 Whats your opinion?

Raging_Blades
01-11-2014, 02:32 AM
I was just wondering about what you think AC5 would or should include like location, weapons, what the person would be like and stuff like that. I've been hearing of a lot of people asking for some setting in Egypt with some bad*** dark-skinned man like Adewale in it. I think that the ending to AC4 was well... inconclusive so my guess is that they would continue the Sample 17 project (Project Kenway) on more Kenway descendants but then that got me thinking maybe it could be Edward's daughter(Jennifer Scott) which would be pretty interesting. Locations I would like to see would be England(Jennifer), Korea or China(we need some asian action!) and you guessed it Egypt(those pyramids though....). We definitely need a more interesting array of weapons than swords, and pistols. Weapons like a quarterstaff, spear, crossbow, scimitar, and maybe instead of a poison dart you throw a snake, would be pretty cool. But these are just what I am thinking so what do you think?

Kagurra
01-11-2014, 02:56 AM
I want China.

I don't want any insta-win crossbow like Ezio had the option of having, and I certainly don't want to throw any snakes.

LoyalACFan
01-11-2014, 04:33 AM
We've had a lot of these threads, but what the hell.

I'm torn between Tudor England with a classy British mofo for a protagonist, and Imperial China with Shao Jun. I honestly don't care to suggest any gameplay gimmicks, because I'm really hoping the next game will be a more Assassin-centric experience. Much as I loved AC4, I don't want another pirate Assassin, cowboy Assassin, soldier Assassin, or spaceman Assassin or whatever, I want JUST an Assassin. As for snakes, I wouldn't be totally against that, but the setting would have to be right and I wouldn't want to throw them either. They'd have to be a tactical close-range weapon, maybe even an environmental trap (i.e. spot one on the ground and lure a guard over to be bit by it).

England and China are my top 2, but I'm pretty much OK with anything that isn't Colonial America. It would have to be Connor in the Northwest Indian War with Mad Anthony Wayne to get me interested in boring colonial locations yet again. I sort of want a Connor sequel, but only if it's really heavily reliant on Native American culture, because the native stuff really got thrown under the bus in AC3.

AdamPearce
01-11-2014, 04:39 AM
I want:

Eve descendant
Antiquity (Alexandria, Rome and Athene)

for ACVI

I really don't give a damn about ACV, it will either be Japan (screw Shao Jun) or France during the Revolution.

LoyalACFan
01-11-2014, 04:42 AM
I really don't give a damn about ACV, it will either be Japan (screw Shao Jun) or France during the Revolution.

What makes you say that? Japan is actually pretty unlikely from what I've heard. And France... ugh. Like I said, I'm done with the 1700s, and I think AC is too. At least for a while.

Kagurra
01-11-2014, 04:44 AM
I want China, but I don't want Shao Jun. We've already kinda seen her.

AdamPearce
01-11-2014, 04:58 AM
What makes you say that? Japan is actually pretty unlikely from what I've heard. And France... ugh. Like I said, I'm done with the 1700s, and I think AC is too. At least for a while.

huuuh, there is this guy that holds a blog on Gameblog in which he writes extremely pushed theories on AC. What's interesting is that the guy actually announced AC3 setting before ACR AND Black FLag's one too. And now he teases that the Next AC Game will be set in the French Revolution. If Ubi are launching 2 AC games, I would'nt be suprise if the first one was a FR AC one PS360 and the Asian AC on Next-Gen (Massive Rescope, Box in FC).

I just hope the game won't be released until 2015, so we get AC 2018 to be ACVI during the Antiquity (massive dream).

AdamPearce
01-11-2014, 05:00 AM
I want China, but I don't want Shao Jun. We've already kinda seen her.

This, I really don't like her, and I'm sure they are far more interesting setting in China's history than the 16th century.

LoyalACFan
01-11-2014, 05:07 AM
Actually... screw what I said earlier, I figured out something that would make me want another XVIII century game, though maybe not for AC5.

AC Initiates revealed that Adewale's grandson Eseosa became an Assassin as well, and a participant in the Haitian Revolution (beginning in 1791) which eventually led to the abolition of colonialist slavery in Haiti. AC3 ended just a few years earlier with Connor turning his attention to slavery, and the recent Aveline DLC showed him taking an interest in liberating slaves. Wouldn't be much of a stretch to see him wind up in Haiti for such a notable antislavery cause, and it would be beautifully poetic to see the grandson of Edward and the grandson of Adewale fighting together, finally symbolically uniting their grandfathers' irreconcilable differences.

Maybe it would be better suited for a book or film, but it would be a great story. Plus, Jean-Jacques Dessalines would be a perfect target, bloodthirsty tyrant who was murdered under somewhat hazy circumstances...?

DinoSteve1
01-11-2014, 05:15 AM
I don't mind what really as long as we have a timeskip

something similar to a crossbow back

and sync-rate needs to go

Zafar1981
01-11-2014, 05:21 AM
I don't want any of Americana colonial era. The world is full of history. It could start as early as 4000 BC, with civilization on Nile, Tigris, Euphrates, Phoenician(City of Tyre and Carthage).
Start a new AC trilogy as early as they can. I think they are also thinking on it very much.

AdamPearce
01-11-2014, 05:25 AM
Actually... screw what I said earlier, I figured out something that would make me want another XVIII century game, though maybe not for AC5.

AC Initiates revealed that Adewale's grandson Eseosa became an Assassin as well, and a participant in the Haitian Revolution (beginning in 1791) which eventually led to the abolition of colonialist slavery in Haiti. AC3 ended just a few years earlier with Connor turning his attention to slavery, and the recent Aveline DLC showed him taking an interest in liberating slaves. Wouldn't be much of a stretch to see him wind up in Haiti for such a notable antislavery cause, and it would be beautifully poetic to see the grandson of Edward and the grandson of Adewale fighting together, finally symbolically uniting their grandfathers' irreconcilable differences.

Maybe it would be better suited for a book or film, but it would be a great story. Plus, Jean-Jacques Dessalines would be a perfect target, bloodthirsty tyrant who was murdered under somewhat hazy circumstances...?

No.

LoyalACFan
01-11-2014, 05:49 AM
No.

What an elegant rebuttal :nonchalance:

Any particular reason why?

Kagurra
01-11-2014, 07:22 AM
I don't want sync rate (ruins freedom, even in second playthroughs of missions I find myself doing it that way because "it's the right way to do it"), and I want a better combat system most importantly.

DinoSteve1
01-11-2014, 07:40 AM
I'm so glad I'm not on my own anymore about my thoughts on the sync rate, it was kinda lonely.

LoyalACFan
01-11-2014, 07:43 AM
I'm so glad I'm not on my own anymore about my thoughts on the sync rate, it was kinda lonely.

Consider me on board as well. The incessant "Air Assassinate X" for almost all the main targets was extremely frustrating in AC4.

Kagurra
01-11-2014, 07:50 AM
Consider me on board as well. The incessant "Air Assassinate X" for almost all the main targets was extremely frustrating in AC4.

You mean even though they promised there were no "Kill this guy like that" objectives in the game? Yeah. Their example of one of the objectives was "use stalking zones" or "use the blowpipe". Did they mean the one where you need to dart 10 people? Because that was just silly and I felt silly darting every single person right away.

LoyalACFan
01-11-2014, 08:27 AM
You mean even though they promised there were no "Kill this guy like that" objectives in the game? Yeah. Their example of one of the objectives was "use stalking zones" or "use the blowpipe". Did they mean the one where you need to dart 10 people? Because that was just silly and I felt silly darting every single person right away.

Yeah, I'm getting really sick of stupid sync constraints. Especially the one for killing Roberts with the rope dart. The whole time he's standing below you shouting out like you're supposed to be having this epic showdown, while Edward's creeping around the crosstrees trying to line up a dart throw.

HiddenKiller612
01-11-2014, 08:42 AM
Indeed...I hated most of the constraints... Most made little sense in the context of the mission as well.

As for what I think of ACV....

England:

The year is 1888......
The country is filled with strife, and corrupt.... Templars have grown tired of the Assassin's.... They take action and kill most members outright, and frame others for murders they did not commit.... "Jack the ripper" has been roaming the streets killing the assassin's contacts... leaving them blind and deaf to the actions against them. We find one assassin, who's had enough. He seeks to end the order once and for all, but how to do this? How does one kill the hydra, when you cut off one head and another grows back?......

Black_Widow9
01-11-2014, 08:45 AM
Please use this already created Topic.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/758424

Thanks