PDA

View Full Version : My ps3 shop has changed.

rawted1
01-10-2014, 09:09 AM
Hi there,

I have been purchasing songs from the shop frequently, but it seems that lately the layout of the shop has changed.
The songs are no longer in alphabetical order no matter what I choose (Artist/ title/ year). At the beginning of all song names
'Rocksmith 2014' has been inserted. Also no matter how long I wait no info on the song appears in the top right hand corner
such as a cut of the track being played, Wether there is lead or rhythm etc.

Thanks for your time :cool:

Mr_Shade
01-10-2014, 12:21 PM
hi, welcome to the forums!

If you have support questions / issues - please remember we do have a dedicated team of support agents:

www.support.ubi.com

The forums are not here to replace them, however other users maybe able to offer some advice.

Marauder359
01-10-2014, 01:09 PM
Yeah, come on, Rawted! This isn't the place where the hoop is you're supposed to jump through to simply get an answer of whether they're working on the Playstation shop. That hoop is somewhere else. Go jump through that hoop for further instructions. lol wow.

Mr_Shade
01-10-2014, 01:17 PM
Yeah, come on, Rawted! This isn't the place where the hoop is you're supposed to jump through to simply get an answer of whether they're working on the Playstation shop. That hoop is somewhere else. Go jump through that hoop for further instructions. lol wow.

sigh..

I am simply pointing out to a new user, who may assume the forums are the only source of information / support - that we have a dedicated team..

Also support can sometimes answer quicker ;)

Marauder359
01-10-2014, 01:22 PM

Particularly when Ubisoft employees on the forums don't answer the question at all. :)

Mr_Shade
01-10-2014, 01:35 PM
Particularly when Ubisoft employees on the forums don't answer the question at all. :)
Well if it's a new issue, or something ongoing - we can't always offer an answer - since support sometimes know more in the early stages - or have newer updates.

They are there to provide information on issues, as well as solving.

Marauder359
01-10-2014, 01:38 PM
So, I just looked at the Xbox in-game shop, and it's similarly wonky rawted1... So, they must be doing something.

VarriusTX
01-10-2014, 06:57 PM
I sure hope they can fix this asap. My $50 ps3 gift card to myself for xmas is waiting to be used! What a mess.

pedietz
01-11-2014, 01:31 AM
That reminds me of the Asus Sonar sound card driver problems. There were hundreds of posts on the Asus sonar msg board for issues.
Finally 6 months later a couple asus developers from taiwan jumped on and basically said "hi. Hope you love our soundcard" and didnt acknowledge a single post on the board.
lol.

Some guys eventually reverse engineed the driver and hand edited the assembler themselves.

So I switched back to Creative.

[rant over]

jgrantham7
01-11-2014, 02:12 AM
I sure hope they can fix this asap. My $50 ps3 gift card to myself for xmas is waiting to be used! What a mess.

Varrius, I haven't had any problems downloading DLC. The issues I have with the PS3 in-game store is that the listings won't sort by either title or artist. And it won't play the song samples when a song is highlighted.
But I can purchase and download both packs and songs.

C.Linton
01-11-2014, 02:42 AM
Just to clarify, the only place you can hear sound samples of each song is in the In-game shop, not the PSN store, and it doesn't always have them for every song.

Steel_Nirvana
01-11-2014, 02:48 AM
I don't know how the PS3 store works, but for XBox, you can use the standard XBox market to buy any DLC. I prefer that method, personally, and I just used it tonight so I know it's working.

C.Linton
01-11-2014, 08:29 AM
Yes, you can use the PSN store to buy DLC, for both RS1 and 2014. AAMOF, it's the only place you can buy the older RS1 song packs (although you need to do a search for "Rocksmith" {no 2014})to find the older DLC), but you can't get the import tool there.

BazzTard61
01-11-2014, 09:08 AM
sigh..

with the deepest respect, name ONE time lol we have all sufferred the frustration borne from lack of any info from the Support team, we always find out first from fellow players.

rawted1
01-11-2014, 10:48 AM
I probably should of added that I can download songs no problem, My only issue was how the songs are out of order.
It was just a minor problem, thanks for everyone's feedback. Also I'm referring to the in-game shop.
cheers:cool:

Marauder359
01-11-2014, 07:16 PM
I probably should of added that I can download songs no problem, My only issue was how the songs are out of order.
It was just a minor problem, thanks for everyone's feedback. Also I'm referring to the in-game shop.
cheers:cool:

Indeed, which indicates, since we have functionality, that this is not really our problem as much as it is Ubisoft and the platforms' problems, since it's they that will likely lose out on potential sales from people thinking the store is broken or not being able to properly find what they're looking for... Which, in reality, means that you and I don't need to submit a support ticket. We haven't lost true functionality. Ubisoft? Yeah, you'd think Ubisoft would want their in-game stores fixed... but, instead of taking the information back and working on it, the first employee to see the issue, their issue, not ours, wants us to jump through hoops to let them know they're depriving themselves of revenue... No thanks. We'll let you folks figure that one out on your own when your DLC figures unexpectedly drop...

Q. "Did anyone know our in-game stores weren't displaying properly? We've lost our shirts this month because of it?!?!?"
A. "Wait, those users I didn't help didn't help us by submitting a ticket that didn't really impact them but wholly hurts our bottom line?!?!"

toymachinesh
01-11-2014, 11:10 PM
I sent a "support ticket" to Paul, Nao, and Christopher via twitter :P