PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 1's voice acting is atrocious..

XingHua31
01-10-2014, 01:08 AM
Like really? It's so horribly bad it completely takes you out of the experience. Those English accents sound like no English person EVER. And wtf is with Altair's American accent? I know he looks just like Desmond in a robe, but the voice isn't the same..

L_Alejo
01-10-2014, 02:17 AM
There's an explanation for that in AC2, basicly the Animus 1.0 americanized things to make it easier for the person reliviing the memories to understand, supposedly that's the way it's supposed to be, and since the Animus 2.0, voices sound more like the original, supposedly because of a bug, that makes it so that every now and then some segments get wrongly translated resulting in Ezio and other characters speaking in their original languages as well. At least that's the explanation the game gives, the real explanation however, is, I believe, that they didn't expect the public to accept the cutlural approach so easily, and decided to go for a western touch in the eastern characters, at least Altair does sound more eastern in Revelations.

Frag_Maniac
01-10-2014, 09:28 AM
The nice thing about any fiction story is there are a plethora of ways you can excuse things. Making a game with a novel concept like this on a fairly limited budget not knowing it would have huge success also leaves you with much better funding to flesh out things like this better as the series evolves. I think they've fairly seamlessly made changes too.