PDA

View Full Version : AC4 black screen crash

Maelvex
01-09-2014, 08:36 PM
Hey fellow gamers.
I've got the new assassian's creed black flag, and its very cool in almost every way, My problem is that, after 10-30min gameplay it " freze " or go black screen with sounds working.
The error is nvlddmkm event code 4101. I have searched all over the net, tryed alot of things and still.. its the same. I have run all kinds of memtest " passed ",, gpu stress tests " no error " HDD/SDD test " no error ". feel like im running out of options. All drivers are up to date, have even tryed many older version Nvidia drivers, play on low setting and all.
It is only this game that crash, maybe because its the most heavy game I got ? or is there something worng with the game?

My GPU is on 90-99 load witch is okay i guess, but the MB on card is very close to its max, but I think it takes from my other ram if it need?
I just installed new motherboard and CPU + fresh windows 8,1.. even after a total clean install on windows it crash.

My system is:
Asus Z87-pro motherboard "new "
i5 4670K processor " new "
6GB Micron ram 1333 Hz ( 3 years old ) did windows memtest on extend with 20runs, no error ( even tho is sometime freze at 21%, many others have same error )
GTX 570 GPU ( 3 years old ) but think it still runs good, temp never goes over 65C not even before it crash in AC4 )
650W GX PSU from coolermaster I think.
SSD with windows 8,1 on ( 3 years old, but no remarks in tests, all good ) ( windows 8,1 is new )
HDD with programs, games and so ( same as the SSD )

Really hope someone out there can help, getting very frustrated cause I want to play this awesome game. Have a nice day :)

betterdrinkmy
01-09-2014, 10:12 PM
<obligatory useless driver comment>
<try downloading this equally useless poop (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/822294-Download-the-fix-for-quot-Catch-the-sage-quot-and-quot-Trust-is-Earned-quot-Thanks-To-Richa20599)>

abn505
01-10-2014, 12:33 AM
Welcome to the club. I have been dealing with this issue since I got the game. I played 1.5 hrs today, the longest ever before the same crash. It's the game, I tried a lot of things here and what Ubisoft recommended. Nothing seams to cure it. My system specs below.

I7-4770K 3.5Ghz
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3h motherboard
16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM
Gigabyte 760GTX-OC 4GB

Maelvex
01-10-2014, 06:32 PM
How sure are you, that its the game? I really wanna belive that, cause then I know its not my hardware

abn505
01-11-2014, 01:36 AM
I tried everything Ubisoft said to do short of reinstalling my OS. I am not doing that! Today I am getting crashes every ten minutes. It's very random. All my other games have no issues including Battlefield 4. The first mission was really bad, very difficult to complete, now I am on No Apologies and in the a fort it's crashing like the first mission.

Maelvex
01-11-2014, 11:06 AM
Yea, the start was really bad, but im haveing many crashes in Havana too.. there is some parts in the game where I can play like 30-60min.. Just can't understand its the game, should happend to alot more gamers i think. Well. I hope they fix the problem soon anyway. right now, im not sure I'll buy more Ubisoft game, was thinking that Watch Dog look aswsome, but not gonna risk buying a game that crashes all the time.

abn505
01-11-2014, 06:30 PM
Yea, the start was really bad, but im haveing many crashes in Havana too.. there is some parts in the game where I can play like 30-60min.. Just can't understand its the game, should happend to alot more gamers i think. Well. I hope they fix the problem soon anyway. right now, im not sure I'll buy more Ubisoft game, was thinking that Watch Dog look aswsome, but not gonna risk buying a game that crashes all the time.

I have had this issue for two months, tried everything Ubisoft recommended, still same thing. I tried this today, that has worked so far. I will see with more game time. I replaced the shortcuts the game installed on my desktop with the ones in the game folder. My file address is below. Create a desktop shortcut with the ones in the game file.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

abn505
01-11-2014, 11:24 PM
That got me 3 hours before a crash.

Maelvex
01-11-2014, 11:57 PM
Thanks for the tip, will try it now, my Ac4 game is installed on another harddrive then ubiisoft is.. but cannot belive that have something to do with it. My SSD is only 64GB and got win 8,1 on it + drivers = no space for a game that big.

abn505
01-12-2014, 03:22 AM
I also lower the sample rate on my realtek audio chipset. Also, I do not use Nvidia optimization, just the default on the game, even though I have a 760GTX-OC-4gb video card. The defaults are pretty high.

Razor8689
01-12-2014, 05:03 AM
I also have the problem. Think of it like this..... It makes sure you don't play for too long like 6 to 7 hours or something a day.

Black_Widow9
01-12-2014, 06:18 AM
Please contact Support with the details of your hardware and the specifics.
Ubisoft Support Website (http://support.ubi.com/)

Maelvex
01-12-2014, 09:57 AM
Have a ticket in the support.. No help what so ever, they offcourse blame the GPU.. I don't belive that for a minute, sure it cannot run the game at high setting without lag, but right now I can MAX the setting 100% and still play as long I could if it was on the lowest settings.. At high graphic setting, the game runs really good, almost without a lag, and then after 10-30min BUM.. stopped working. GPU is around 65-70C,, CPU is 32C..

abn505
01-13-2014, 03:40 PM
It's not the hardware! I have a 760GTX-OC-4gb card with a I74770K CPU and 16gb memory. I did everything asked by Ubisoft when I entered my ticket, short of reinstalling my OS. Not doing that. It's the only game I have issues with. It is not even GPU specific between AMD and Nvidia. Both owners have the issue. Did you try using the shortcuts in the Game folder, this seemed to help me. Also lowering my sound card sampleing rate. When I use the shortcut in the main game folder the game doesn't start automatically, it goes to the Ubisoft start page. I then select which to play single or multi player. The first time I used the shortcut it started like a CD version with the intro movie, but after that it didn't do it anymore. Not sure why using the game folder shortcuts for SP and MP helped me, but I am getting much more game time before a crash. My best time has been 3 hrs since doing this. When I used the desktop shortcut that was created when installing the game I had more crashes. Also, it would show a splash of the ubisoft start screen then the game would always start automatically. That is one thing that always anoid me.

Maelvex
01-13-2014, 06:42 PM
Yea, tryed starting the game all kind of ways, something I get more play time, but not sure why. I can't do the same thing twice and hope for 1h gameplay, next time it maybe 5min again. The soundcard thing have I not done yet might gonna try that. Have more or less layed my Bio**** games away, this was my first game from them, and also the last.

IOSYN27
05-16-2014, 07:33 PM
Okay get this, a friend recommends me black flag. I buy it through steam, even at 39.99.

I get a few hours of play out of it and boom, now it crashes on the startup multicultural splash screen EVERY TIME. Tried running with various graphics settings, but nope.
Bonus? Ubi tech support page is down. :rolleyes: If any Ubi advisors here can recommend me a fix please go ahead or else I'll just get a refund and buy it in a few months when the prices have dropped.

Updated all drivers, including MB chipset drivers and BIOS. Reinstalled the game, steam and Uplay to no avail. Verified through steam, as there's no option to verify through uplay, just an uninstall option. Tried the visual C++ redistributable and directX update in the other thread as well as swapping in an old dataPC_Patch.forge.
System specs should be more than enough, I can provide the error report and a DxDiag if required.

YazX_
05-19-2014, 08:45 AM
for anyone having crash/black screen problems, please follow this thread and try everything suggested there:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/876194-PC-AC-4-Black-Flag-exe-crash-tips