PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 4 Special Moves For PC, How?

BobV_07
01-09-2014, 06:36 PM
So far all I been able to do is block and what looks a kick to knock enemy off balance. Seems to be no other special moved like in past versions and this I cant believe so was wondering what special attack moves are available and how to use them. I'm a PC user and dont use xbox controler. Thnx for the help that you guys might be able to offer. And I have just started the game so sorta thinking mayber that there are special moves not yet avialable?

SixKeys
01-09-2014, 11:55 PM
Not sure what you mean by special moves, but in basic combat you only use three keys: E to attack/block, Q to use a tool or disarm and Space to break an enemy's defense.

Frag_Maniac
01-10-2014, 12:01 AM
You're not imagining things Bob, they really over simplified melee in this one, and many of us don't like that about the game. In fact it's my only real big gripe other than social events not working properly.

You may be forgetting the tips they gave you in the open hand brawl tutorial early in the game though, which applies to melee combat as well. Besides blocking and kicking, you can also tap counter (E) a second time to throw an enemy off balance. It's also setup to work in conjunction with nearby objects. For instance if you counter while your back is close to the edge of a roof, Edward often pulls the enemy toward him and tosses him over his shoulders for a fall. If Edward is near a wall, fence or other object, he'll often step up onto it and finish with a strong downward lunge.

The strong attack isn't always a kick though. With Brutes you dodge via counter, then the kick button is used to make Edward grab their axe with the hilt of his sward and throw them off balance to prepare for an attack. You can also still disarm with the kick button when you have fists vs weapons equipped. Just counter then use the strong attack button. You cannot disarm Brutes though, and I don't think you can disarm captains either, but you can disarm regular troops and even Agiles. In fact disarming Agiles is the only way to get the throwing knife, which comes in handy at times.

I strongly agree however that the melee animations are too simplified, repetitious, and underwhelming. It might not be so bad had they chosen better ones, but Edward far too often just does dual downward slashes, or twirls repeatedly. It's not realistic swordplay at all and comes off feeling like these dime a dozen RPG fantasy games where the protagonist is always twirling about.

Macho
01-10-2014, 12:05 AM
I figured out two new moves on my own:

Counter-fire: You counter an attack and return fire with pistol instead.
Human shield counter-fire: You use a human shield as cover and fire a pistol at the shooter at the same time killing two with one move.

Both moves have really neat animations. Other animations can be found by fighting near walls, cliffs, or the side of the ship.

kalo.yanis
01-10-2014, 12:57 AM
Also, tapping the tool key (Q) after an execution and holding the direction key towards a second target initiates a double execution. Try it with pistols.

JustMuppet
07-19-2019, 06:43 PM
I figured out two new moves on my own:

Counter-fire: You counter an attack and return fire with pistol instead.
Human shield counter-fire: You use a human shield as cover and fire a pistol at the shooter at the same time killing two with one move.

Both moves have really neat animations. Other animations can be found by fighting near walls, cliffs, or the side of the ship.

I might be 5 years late but how do you do the human shield counter fire??