PDA

View Full Version : Here a quick idea for plot synapsis of what I think the next AC should be about...

talljesper
01-09-2014, 02:42 PM
REVENGE

I think the next AC should be set in and around industrial/ Victorian Britain, with a German/ English protagonist call Sean, who is the son of a miller. Now the plot proper doesn't kick off until Sean and his wife and child look for work in Old London, where visiting a local market Sean is approached by two aristocrats claiming to represent tan ancient order: namely the Assassins, Sean laugh's in their face and tells them to look for trouble somewhere else. Subtly pushing/ blocking our protagonists against the market stall, one of the aristo's brings out his hidden blade and holds it to his throat while the second aristo waves his arm which parts the crowd, revealing that Sean's wife and child to be held at knife and gun point. With no other choice Sean joins the order,

After an 'easy' initiation to the order that consists of killing a supposed Templar Priest, in a church (unarmed and unguarded), we join the order fully and hunt out Templars all over the British Isles, not just killing them but , killing and abducting their children, burning their settlements to the ground, and all but salting the earth where ever they are found. Almost single handedly scattering them to the winds.

Now as you can imagine this would take it's toll on our friend Sean, as he ends up desperate callow and wounded mentally and physically, and constantly brooding about how to his his family back from the order! I imagine in his quest to rid the isles of Assassins and Templars to gather more than a few allies and friends, who would be outcasts, terrorists and various ne' er do wells from various place's throughout world.

And ultimately I can see Sean taking down not only the Temlars (who may just be the outright "good guys" this time not doing any seedy stuff, and actively helping the populance at large!!), But also this throughly corrupt assassin order and barely saving his family, and himself.

So is it a good idea or a bad one. It's a bit undefined, and in need of refining but I really want to see this.

adventurewomen
01-09-2014, 02:45 PM
Your idea sounds similar to AC3.

Kagurra
01-09-2014, 02:46 PM
-Shudders- Sean...?

ze_topazio
01-09-2014, 02:51 PM
How about this:

Patrice was an Assassin for reasons, he had a son, Corey, Patrice trained Corey to become an Assassin, Corey became an Assassin, Templars needed to be killed, Corey killed them.

talljesper
01-09-2014, 02:59 PM
I had no idea it was similar to AC3... Never played it.

talljesper
01-09-2014, 03:02 PM
I'd certainly say that being blackmailed into assassinating people, is good motive 'specially if it means you could see your family again! As it makes for terrible trouble for the protagonist, don't you think?

pacmanate
01-09-2014, 03:05 PM
Why would the Assassins just hold his parents at knife point?

talljesper
01-09-2014, 03:17 PM
In order to 'convince' him to join, despite his (previously) happy life. I'm just trying to hit all the villain tropes, and give them to assassins rather than the Templars for a change. Also I wanted to see how you would create a villain protagonist in the AC universe... And I thought one way to do it would be for the good guys of the setting to do something incredibly evil, like kidnapping the lead's family and holding them to ensure he stays with them and follows orders!

pirate1802
01-09-2014, 04:30 PM
Nah.. holding parents at gunpoint seems ultracheap, for something like a secret order. Think of something deeper. But other than that, good stuff. Making the character hunt both assassin and Templars? Goody good. But it will only raise more melodramatic posts about the series ditching its routes yada yada yada.

And I don't see how its similar to AC3 except the mentally-and-physically broken part... which is like almost every assassin's fate in this series.

DinoSteve1
01-09-2014, 05:02 PM
synapsis?

pacmanate
01-09-2014, 05:13 PM
synapsis?

?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Synapse_Illustration_unlabeled.svg/800px-Synapse_Illustration_unlabeled.svg.png

adventurewomen
01-09-2014, 05:45 PM
I had no idea it was similar to AC3... Never played it.
Well your missing out on a great game, you got you play it..

SixKeys
01-09-2014, 05:49 PM
How does this sound even remotely like AC3? :confused:

salman147
01-09-2014, 05:53 PM
REVENGE

I think the next AC should be set in and around industrial/ Victorian Britain, with a German/ English protagonist call Sean, who is the son of a miller. Now the plot proper doesn't kick off until Sean and his wife and child look for work in Old London, where visiting a local market Sean is approached by two aristocrats claiming to represent tan ancient order: namely the Assassins, Sean laugh's in their face and tells them to look for trouble somewhere else. Subtly pushing/ blocking our protagonists against the market stall, one of the aristo's brings out his hidden blade and holds it to his throat while the second aristo waves his arm which parts the crowd, revealing that Sean's wife and child to be held at knife and gun point. With no other choice Sean joins the order,

After an 'easy' initiation to the order that consists of killing a supposed Templar Priest, in a church (unarmed and unguarded), we join the order fully and hunt out Templars all over the British Isles, not just killing them but , killing and abducting their children, burning their settlements to the ground, and all but salting the earth where ever they are found. Almost single handedly scattering them to the winds.

Now as you can imagine this would take it's toll on our friend Sean, as he ends up desperate callow and wounded mentally and physically, and constantly brooding about how to his his family back from the order! I imagine in his quest to rid the isles of Assassins and Templars to gather more than a few allies and friends, who would be outcasts, terrorists and various ne' er do wells from various place's throughout world.

And ultimately I can see Sean taking down not only the Temlars (who may just be the outright "good guys" this time not doing any seedy stuff, and actively helping the populance at large!!), But also this throughly corrupt assassin order and barely saving his family, and himself.

So is it a good idea or a bad one. It's a bit undefined, and in need of refining but I really want to see this.

I agree with Victorian England setting...

pirate1802
01-09-2014, 06:24 PM
How does this sound even remotely like AC3? :confused:

Haha I was thinking the same.

ze_topazio
01-09-2014, 06:33 PM
While the Assassins can use hardcore methods occasionally, taking hostages to convince someone to join the order seems a bit too much, that seems more like something the Templars would do.

But a plot that involved an Assassin working in the shadows to bring down a corrupt Mentor could be interesting, it may seem similar to Altair's story, but in that case Altair did not discovered the truth until the end, in this case the main character would know from the beginning.

dbzk1999
01-09-2014, 08:29 PM
While the Assassins can use hardcore methods occasionally, taking hostages to convince someone to join the order seems a bit too much, that seems more like something the Templars would do.

But a plot that involved an Assassin working in the shadows to bring down a corrupt Mentor could be interesting, it may seem similar to Altair's story, but in that case Altair did not discovered the truth until the end, in this case the main character would know from the beginning.

That's pretty much like gta in every game it's someone who betrays the protagonist only difference is it's not a mentor (unless u count lost and the damned)

ze_topazio
01-09-2014, 08:37 PM
Notice that by mentor i mean the leader of the Assassins, there's no need to be something personal, the main character just happens to discover the truth and embarks on a quest to bring him down.

talljesper
01-09-2014, 08:41 PM
Exactly it.

Just used far fewer words than me;)

talljesper
01-09-2014, 08:43 PM
Except it's the protagonists wife and child who have been kidnapped, I did say it's unrefined and in need of further work!

talljesper
01-09-2014, 08:44 PM
Whoops, I meant synopsis.