PDA

View Full Version : Will AC1 Ever Have UPLAY/Trophies?

RinoTheBouncer
01-08-2014, 06:20 PM
I know the game got really old but what’s wrong with a re-release or some collector’s set (like the Anthology set) or just an update that gives us Trophies? Metal Gear Solid 4 didn’t have trophies and 4 years later, they added them in an update.

It’s just sad to go to www.acinitiates.com (http://www.acinitiates.com) and see games connected to UPlay starting from ACII, like ACI never happened.
I mean how hard is it to release an update. I hope they won’t give us a list of copyrights crap as an excuse for not adding these features.

SixKeys
01-08-2014, 06:26 PM
Doubtful. I don't even see why it should. The game is so different from its sequels that the trophies would probably be something lame, like "Sync your first viewpoint" or "Eavesdrop on three conversations". There isn't much about AC1 that is as 'gamey' as the others. It's more of an atmospheric experience and trophies popping up would just be distracting IMO.

pacmanate
01-08-2014, 06:36 PM
Doubtful. I don't even see why it should. The game is so different from its sequels that the trophies would probably be something lame, like "Sync your first viewpoint" or "Eavesdrop on three conversations". There isn't much about AC1 that is as 'gamey' as the others. It's more of an atmospheric experience and trophies popping up would just be distracting IMO.

But I liked the achivements on my 360 copy, its a shame the PS3 never got them.

RinoTheBouncer
01-12-2014, 12:26 PM
It would be amazing to add Uplay. At least there will be connectivity to acinitiates.com.

adventurewomen
01-12-2014, 12:29 PM
I doubt it, only because AC1 would have to have an overhaul if Uplay were to be added, the structure would change.

AC1 ain't broke so don't try to fix it. ;)

RinoTheBouncer
01-12-2014, 12:43 PM
I doubt it, only because AC1 would have to have an overhaul if Uplay were to be added, the structure would change.

AC1 ain't broke so don't try to fix it. ;)

It’s not about being broke. It’s just sad to see AC games listed starting from ACII on acinitiates.com as if AC1 never happened. And it’s good to earn the extra points hehe.

ze_topazio
01-12-2014, 01:51 PM
That wouldn't make them any money...

RinoTheBouncer
01-13-2014, 10:50 AM
That wouldn't make them any money...
That makes a lot of sense because that’s the only thing Ubisoft is after, lately.

bitebug2003
01-13-2014, 12:21 PM
The flag hunting would have least have some purpose and rewarding if the game had trophies - I would like them too.

Where there is a will from Ubisoft there is a way.

Locopells
01-13-2014, 12:26 PM
Probably never happen, but it would be kinda nice to see it on Uplay, etc. Plus if they could add in a map for the flags (something like the animus fragments in ACR, when you got so many, the rest were revealed) that would be excellent!

RinoTheBouncer
01-13-2014, 02:09 PM
The flag hunting would have least have some purpose and rewarding if the game had trophies - I would like them too.

Where there is a will from Ubisoft there is a way.

Yeah. I didn’t collect any flags because I knew they’re completely pointless.
It would be good to at least see it show up on the UPLAY site.

Probably never happen, but it would be kinda nice to see it on Uplay, etc. Plus if they could add in a map for the flags (something like the animus fragments in ACR, when you got so many, the rest were revealed) that would be excellent!

Yeah, that would be really good. At least it will give us a motive to explore the areas that we’ll probably never look at without the motive to do so.

ConanTheLeader
01-13-2014, 02:29 PM

It's weirder without trophies. On the XBox 360 you got achievements for collecting flags. I don't think they unlocked anything so the PS3 version has hundreds of flags to be collected for no reason at all, no unlockables or even a trophy (Which still doesn't make it worth while but it's something rather than nothing.)

luv10man
01-13-2014, 02:32 PM
I don't believe you can expect anything on any AC release except Black Flag for very much longer. I would bet that plans to phase them and older gen consoles out will begin soon. Too much money to be made on new gen and not worth time or effort to mess with the old.

ConanTheLeader
01-13-2014, 02:43 PM
I don't believe you can expect anything on any AC release except Black Flag for very much longer. I would bet that plans to phase them and older gen consoles out will begin soon. Too much money to be made on new gen and not worth time or effort to mess with the old.

Good point but a release of AC1 10 years into the future updated to 4k resolution might include trophies like Sonic 2 does on the 360 :p

SixKeys
01-13-2014, 04:54 PM
It's weirder without trophies. On the XBox 360 you got achievements for collecting flags. I don't think they unlocked anything so the PS3 version has hundreds of flags to be collected for no reason at all, no unlockables or even a trophy (Which still doesn't make it worth while but it's something rather than nothing.)

That was a deliberate choice on Patrice Desilets' part. He said in an interview that putting over 100 flags in the game for no reason was his way of commenting on pointless collectibles and how too many games focus on them. A lot of people didn't get the joke and demanded to be rewarded for running around collecting pointless virtual objects, so now we have more collectibles than ever in AC4.

STDlyMcStudpants
01-13-2014, 08:20 PM
Yes They 100% will.
Assassins Creed is too successful of a game to not get an HD Remake with trophy support/patch.
But im leaning more toward a next gen release than a patch.
It will probably be included with the last AC game or in 2017
I am either predicting Assassins Creed Anniversary in 2017 where we get 3 sequences of each assassin or A ReRelease of AC1 with added missions and a bonus sequence or 2 or a total HD remake (Think Ducktales) where it is the exact same game but built from scratch with prettier graphics and online for $30
Doing that would also almost virtually give AC 2018 another year of development.,,,but who knows... Maybe they end AC in 2016 and the next year give us the AC1 remake as a final farewell...
But it will come..mark my word

dbzk1999
01-13-2014, 08:24 PM
Yes They 100% will.
Assassins Creed is too successful of a game to not get an HD Remake with trophy support/patch.
But im leaning more toward a next gen release than a patch.
It will probably be included with the last AC game or in 2017
I am either predicting Assassins Creed Anniversary in 2017 where we get 3 sequences of each assassin or A ReRelease of AC1 with added missions and a bonus sequence or 2 or a total HD remake (Think Ducktales) where it is the exact same game but built from scratch with prettier graphics and online for $30
Doign that would also almost virtually give A 2018 another year of development.,,,but who knows... Maybe they end AC in 2016 and the next year give us the AC1 remake as a final farewell...
What about one that includes the events of ac to bloodlines and after that

STDlyMcStudpants
01-13-2014, 08:26 PM
What about one that includes the events of ac to bloodlines and after that
That would be cool..ifthey partnered with sony to do an Altair collection with trophies for AC1 and the sony hand held games

dbzk1999
01-13-2014, 08:56 PM
That would be cool..ifthey partnered with sony to do an Altair collection with trophies for AC1 and the sony hand held games

Or do like they did with liberation hd Bloodlines