PDA

View Full Version : Who wants the game to be set in late 18th Century France?

salman147
01-08-2014, 06:06 PM
French Revolution....naval war....marooned on islands....sprawling remarkable architectures...it all makes 100% sense.The only thing not making sense in Ubi not making a game on that place despite moving to North America from Europe...
Or at least England? Or medieval Greece,Rome? Or even India during 19th Century?Egypt?

RinoTheBouncer
01-08-2014, 06:16 PM
No, please. I’m tired of naval battles and the west in general, to to mention the whole timeline after Altair.

IWGCJoeCool
01-09-2014, 01:18 AM
i would love to see a release of this game that took place in that geographic area and time, though no later/more recent than that. Paris and the Eifel Tower would be a great set piece to finish at....or the story could bounce back and forth between London, Paris, and maybe one more European city....or the huge French countryside.

but i think that shows me to be someone who doesnt want much to change, and the games to have the traditional elements...ACIII gave us a wet toe and Black Flag immersed us into seafaring, nothing traditional about that.

on the other hand, Ubisoft has a golden opportunity to return us to a more AC1 feel, while wowing our sox off with next-gen graphics and finetuning of moves and weaponry.

who knows?

ze_topazio
01-09-2014, 01:21 AM
I would prefer Portugal, I'm fine with any century.

acbrother17
01-09-2014, 01:42 AM
I was thinking of the french revolution after AC3, more like i was thinking where they could have done a Connor sequel. I was basically thinking either Connor went to London to find out more information about his father Haytham, but he probably got stuck into the Assassin and Templar conflict there, but had to stay too long and got suck into the French Revolution. This way we can still have a few naval battles, but more land missions. My other thought was that Connor went to France with the french guy Marquis de Lafayette, and he got suck into the war, and his motive of making everyone free force him to aid in the war or to stop Napoleon because he most likely have a POE and Connor knows what pain and destruction these artifacts can cause.

MasterAssasin84
01-09-2014, 01:45 AM
No, please. I’m tired of naval battles and the west in general, to to mention the whole timeline after Altair.

I would like to see the French Revolution but i agree the naval gameplay is becoming a bit boring now ! , Personally speaking i would love to see ancient Egypt myself :)

Kagurra
01-09-2014, 02:49 AM
I want to go back in time, at least a little bit. And yeah, something eastern would spice things up.

HMTFU
01-09-2014, 02:51 AM
I think the Napoleonic Wars would be a cool setting.

Fatal-Feit
01-09-2014, 03:00 AM
I was thinking of the french revolution after AC3, more like i was thinking where they could have done a Connor sequel. I was basically thinking either Connor went to London to find out more information about his father Haytham, but he probably got stuck into the Assassin and Templar conflict there, but had to stay too long and got suck into the French Revolution. This way we can still have a few naval battles, but more land missions. My other thought was that Connor went to France with the french guy Marquis de Lafayette, and he got suck into the war, and his motive of making everyone free force him to aid in the war or to stop Napoleon because he most likely have a POE and Connor knows what pain and destruction these artifacts can cause.

These are what I was thinking (sort of) ^ ^ ^

Maybe the supposed last gen game will be a Connor sequel set in the Napoleonic War so they can complete this ''revolution'' era. How cool would that be? But this is just wishful thinking...

dbzk1999
01-09-2014, 04:53 AM
But I don't want a Connor sequel I want a kenway saga sequel in my opinion they can show Connor and mention h but u play as his son or something like that

pirate1802
01-09-2014, 05:00 AM
I don't want any more naval, not because I didnt love them but because I don't want to get tired off them like I did with Ezio and Renaissance Italy. So no naval, apart from that, your idea is A-Ok.

James_100
01-09-2014, 05:28 AM
God, now everyone keeps wanting France for the next entry, I swear it's lost the appeal. Not to mention, we've already had both a revolution game, and a game set around the same time period. At least AC4 was set a generation before AC3, the French Revolution takes place literally 5 years after, maybe even earlier if the game shows the lead up events. I'd rather Ubisoft tackle different eras and historical focuses. There are so many places and time frames they could use, the French Revolution just seems like a waste.

pirate1802
01-09-2014, 05:33 AM
Agreed with that. The perfect opportunity to do France would have been before AC3. Infact back then we were almost sure AC3 would have revolutionary France. Now it would seem like a repeat.

TexasToast712
01-09-2014, 09:20 AM
I'm tired of cannons, muskets, flintlocks, basket hilted swords and powdered wigs. Lets go back to medieval times or Roman Empires times or even a games set after the United States Civil war. Lets kill Custer or something.

DinoSteve1
01-09-2014, 10:01 AM
Indeed, we need a bigger skip in time.

LoyalACFan
01-09-2014, 12:42 PM
I used to want this, but I'm mostly over it now. I'm tired of the 1700s, and especially the prevalence guns. AC4 was great, but I'm ready for something new. I'm aching for an Asian AC, but I'd honestly be fine with one in South America or Africa too. Just somewhere completely different from where we've been before.

RinoTheBouncer
01-09-2014, 02:26 PM
I would like to see the French Revolution but i agree the naval gameplay is becoming a bit boring now ! , Personally speaking i would love to see ancient Egypt myself :)

So do I. Id love to see Ancient Egypt or the Sumerian Civilization in Iraq. In that era, there are so many stuff that can easily be linked to the First Civ.

ze_topazio
01-09-2014, 02:53 PM
I would prefer Portugal, I'm fine with any century.

I agree with this man.

ziljn
01-09-2014, 04:44 PM
French Revolution? Absolutely! As long as it's a new protagonist. There's no way I could try to play through a Forrest Gump version of the FR.

Kagurra
01-09-2014, 05:10 PM
I'd rather not the french revolution.

LieutenantRex
01-09-2014, 06:18 PM
I don't relish in three games in the same century, especially since the 18th century remained pretty much consistent in terms of culture in the West. The Ezio trilogy has a similar problem. Let's move on to a different time period, please.

Gladiaattori1500
01-09-2014, 08:56 PM
When do they usually revea the location?

ze_topazio
01-09-2014, 09:12 PM
^ When the game is announced.

LoyalACFan
01-09-2014, 09:50 PM
^ When the game is announced.

Which will probably be in about two months. The last three games have been announced/leaked in the first week of March.

ze_topazio
01-09-2014, 10:02 PM
I remember AC3 or Revelations or whatever was announced or leaked on my birthday, March 2.

LoyalACFan
01-09-2014, 10:07 PM
I remember AC3 or Revelations or whatever was announced or leaked on my birthday, March 2.

AC2 was released on my birthday, lol. But yeah, they've been announcing them pretty consistently in early March ever since they began annualizing them.

I-Like-Pie45
01-10-2014, 01:36 AM
Why would anyone want a french game

There would be no combat or stealth - it would just be running away and surrendering. So no assassinations.

The king and queen weren't even executed - they were exiled to austria and the great terror was made up by the french and the illuminati to save face

DinoSteve1
01-10-2014, 01:40 AM
You could have said something similar about AC3 and ACIV. But as I said before a time skip is needed.

ACRules2
01-10-2014, 01:55 AM
Maybe not Europe/America for the next game. If it is, I don't mind, but I feel we need something to mix it up again.
French Revolution is a great setting though!

acbrother17
01-10-2014, 02:07 AM
How about Persia. Prince of Persia feel People with assassins. And i think most of you know there was a strong assassin order then, the hassassins, so it gets to shut certain people up about their "wheres the assassins!" *****ing. It will have sweet persian weapons (plus there is a persian weapon in AC4 but i think no one havent unlock it yet) such as swords, short blades, spears, axes and bring in does sweet hassansin weapons (chain wip, bow and arrow, the daggers u can shoot from your wrist, and bombs, and they can incorporate the cool quick pistol shots with the knives and the bow and arrow). not only weapons, but have the desert like the frontier, unique and difficult maneuvering landscape, and more dangers like sandstorms. and it would have many locations and nice looking cities. might reduce tree climbing but they can bring back rock climbing. i can say more from my head, but im too lazy to type any more.

MasterAssasin84
01-10-2014, 02:33 AM
So do I. Id love to see Ancient Egypt or the Sumerian Civilization in Iraq. In that era, there are so many stuff that can easily be linked to the First Civ.

Agreed ! i want to see the next game further back into these time periods of history ! Ancient Egypt would be simply amazing !! Just imagine doing a leap of faith off the top of the sphinx ! exploring Cairo and Alexandria and Luxor ! Stalking Templar's on the river banks of the Nile, Pharaoh's becoming tangled up in the ancient war between the Assassins and the Templars.

Imagine the weather effects they could pull off like sand storms in the Sahara desert and using your eagle vision to hunt and evade enemies through it !!.

They could easily focus on the first civilisation and better still the Assassin could be a linked to Altair in some way .

Mr Shade if you in league with the guys the make the decisions on settings please present this too the development team :)

DinoSteve1
01-10-2014, 02:56 AM
How about Persia. Prince of Persia feel People with assassins. And i think most of you know there was a strong assassin order then, the hassassins, so it gets to shut certain people up about their "wheres the assassins!" *****ing. It will have sweet persian weapons (plus there is a persian weapon in AC4 but i think no one havent unlock it yet) such as swords, short blades, spears, axes and bring in does sweet hassansin weapons (chain wip, bow and arrow, the daggers u can shoot from your wrist, and bombs, and they can incorporate the cool quick pistol shots with the knives and the bow and arrow). not only weapons, but have the desert like the frontier, unique and difficult maneuvering landscape, and more dangers like sandstorms. and it would have many locations and nice looking cities. might reduce tree climbing but they can bring back rock climbing. i can say more from my head, but im too lazy to type any more.

I don't think we will ever get a Assassin's Creed set in Persia, maybe in Greece and it will feature the Greek Persian war but not Persia alone, it would be to similar to there other ip, you know The Prince of Persia.

acbrother17
01-10-2014, 03:03 AM
I don't think we will ever get a Assassin's Creed set in Persia, maybe in Greece and it will feature the Greek Persian war but not Persia alone, it would be to similar to there other ip, you know The Prince of Persia.
OKay was just considering the place, but maybe they do a place similar like what u say. if anything similar, ill be happy with that.