PDA

View Full Version : DLC for January 14th?

toymachinesh
01-08-2014, 02:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/a0VjPkJ.png

RichTheMighty
01-08-2014, 02:36 PM
I hope so. I was a child of 90's Brit Pop.

ObscuredByCows
01-08-2014, 02:39 PM
Good stuff as long as there are no more non A440 tunings like with don't turn back in anger, these are getting really annoying

toymachinesh
01-08-2014, 02:42 PM
Good stuff as long as there are no more non A440 tunings like with don't turn back in anger, these are getting really annoying

You should want more of those tunings to give you a few more reasons to tune to them :)

ObscuredByCows
01-08-2014, 02:53 PM
You should want more of those tunings to give you a few more reasons to tune to them :)

This is true enough but as it stands there are too few of any one tuning at present to make it worthwhile, for me at least, and the drip feed with dlc whilst technically adding to the numbers just seems to add to the frustration. I mainly play my JTV with Rocksmith so I am sorted for all the alternate tunings except non A440 and unless one crops up on the weekly challenges I will very rarely play any of them.

BazzTard61
01-08-2014, 03:06 PM
we just got it on PS3 down under, of course we didn't get the Who pack,just 2 songs,sigh,but thats another post hehe

toymachinesh
01-08-2014, 03:08 PM
Did you download it before it was taken down?

bubka122
01-08-2014, 03:34 PM
So do we think a 5 or 3-pack. I'm gonna guess it's a 3-pack as I guess they are a hazzle to license with.

Consisting of Champagne Supernova, Some Might Say and I don't think they cannot include Wonderwall even though half of all who own a guitar probably already have had a go at that one.

They might include Rock 'n' Roll Star and Live Forever also if it's a fiver.

Here's hoping for some Beady Eye songs :p

daddy_felix
01-08-2014, 03:57 PM
Did you download it before it was taken down?

it's still online.

thoman23
01-08-2014, 06:25 PM
I know Oasis, and Champagne Supernova in particular, are a little overexposed. But nonetheless this is a mind-exploding announcement for me. Champagne Supernova, all those thousands of plays later, is still one of my all-time favorite songs.

Between Dream On and this, it's a very good two weeks for DLC.

toymachinesh
01-08-2014, 10:46 PM
it's still online.

"Add To Basket" isn't an option from what I'm told

SideTraKd42
01-09-2014, 01:35 AM
Are they going back to DLC once a week again?

TonyFarkas
01-09-2014, 02:15 AM
wow great way to start out the new year Aerosmith and Oasis looking forward champagne supernova

toymachinesh
01-09-2014, 03:37 AM
Are they going back to DLC once a week again?

huh?

The DLC is weekly.

daddy_felix
01-09-2014, 08:49 AM
The DLC is weekly.

except the christmas break and delayed release of some packs in some regions /some consoles.

But yes, theoretically there is a dlc every week. According to a tweet fromnao higo, they'll release dlcs as long as the community is interested!

Gold_Jim
01-09-2014, 02:43 PM
I hope so. I was a child of 90's Brit Pop.

What are you a child of now? :D Sorry, couldn't resist, it just struck me as funny.

thoman23
01-09-2014, 06:15 PM
huh?

The DLC is weekly.

I think it was a valid question. And now we know the answer is yes.

pedietz
01-09-2014, 06:58 PM
Any clues if its an Oasis pack or a couple of singles ?

Vote me in on the singles. These megapacks are nice, but I like variety. It probably doesnt help that Ubisoft pays all this money to have many aeromith songs, then the people only buy 2.

CageyPompano7
01-09-2014, 09:59 PM
So do we think a 5 or 3-pack. I'm gonna guess it's a 3-pack as I guess they are a hazzle to license with.

Consisting of Champagne Supernova, Some Might Say and I don't think they cannot include Wonderwall even though half of all who own a guitar probably already have had a go at that one.

They might include Rock 'n' Roll Star and Live Forever also if it's a fiver.

Here's hoping for some Beady Eye songs :p

I would love them to include she's electric if they go with... Oasis.. but they probably won't it is extremely fun to play the way I play it and...works out your fingers.... Good song for fingers..

ObscuredByCows
01-09-2014, 10:26 PM
Seems likely it will be Oasis next week after the ps3 leak, I'd be surprised if it wasn't a 5 song pack and Wonderwall must be a shoe in so that would leave 3 more slots to fill. Live Forever and Half The World Away would be likely picks but really it could be anything from the first two albums. Hopefully they wont look too much further down the discography than that.

CaliCasey
01-09-2014, 10:45 PM
Hopefully they wont look too much further down the discography than that.

I hope they do as The Masterplan was my favorite Oasis album, and it was all B-sides. I'd love something off of that album but would be happy with whatever, i'm a very big Oasis fan.

SideTraKd42
01-10-2014, 12:21 AM
huh?

The DLC is weekly.

To be fair, I was worried that after the break, they might go back to once every two weeks again.

captin_qwark7
01-10-2014, 01:19 AM
Hoping for a 5 pack.

Champagne Supernova
Wonderwall
Live Forever
Morning Glory
Supersonic

toymachinesh
01-10-2014, 01:33 AM
Hoping for a 5 pack.

Champagne Supernova
Wonderwall
Live Forever
Morning Glory
Supersonic

Those are my picks also

TonyFarkas
01-10-2014, 05:28 AM
sounds like a good guess on the pack.

RichTheMighty
01-10-2014, 05:44 AM
I'd sub out Morning Glory for Cigarettes and Alcohol. My guess would be be that they'd include a song or two from the later albums. You can never get all sugar.

CaliCasey
01-10-2014, 08:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09zBftEqBN0&feature=kp

sh1kamaru-
01-10-2014, 11:24 AM
Because they make it a habit to have a song for each decade or period of the band, I bet we’d get The Importance of Being Idle, or maybe Lyla.

CrazedRacer
01-10-2014, 02:08 PM
I'd buy Wonderwall and Champagne Supernova. I'm not a huge Oasis fan, per se, but I love those 2 songs and the one in he game is my favorite of all of theirs, so that's cool.

guitarman529
01-10-2014, 03:36 PM
Unfornately I am not enough of a fan of them to spend money on there DLC

toymachinesh
01-10-2014, 04:58 PM
Unfornately I am not enough of a fan of them to spend money on there DLC

Whoa, wait you don't like a DLC being offered by Rocksmith? I'm completely shocked ;)

guitarman529
01-10-2014, 06:39 PM
Whoa, wait you don't like a DLC being offered by Rocksmith? I'm completely shocked ;)

Actually it has been better lately. I did buy a couple of songs. 2 from Aerosmith and 3 from Alice in Chains and 4 from the Who. My game keeps freezing up and I am getting a buzzing noise through my speakers from the cable ( I have to order a new cable) so I am limiting what I buy until the patch comes out for the freezing problem.:cool:

Ezios_Axe
01-10-2014, 08:23 PM

This guy doesn't like a DLC? I better go snap my disc in half and throw it in the trash. lol

Marauder359
01-10-2014, 09:06 PM
4 from the Who.

Why would anyone do that? Individual songs are $2.99. You paid the same price for 4 songs that you would have for 5... Even if you weren't dying to get that 5th song, it's pretty silly to leave it on the table when they're giving it to you for free at that point...

guitarman529
01-10-2014, 11:24 PM
Why would anyone do that? Individual songs are $2.99. You paid the same price for 4 songs that you would have for 5... Even if you weren't dying to get that 5th song, it's pretty silly to leave it on the table when they're giving it to you for free at that point...

I do realize that I am paying the same for 4 vs. the pack. The problem is I have 2,000 songs on my hard drive plus the DLC for game and content so I only buy the songs I like to save space plus I will be buying Bandfuse DLC so I won't clog my hard drive with the DLC I will never play or care to pley.

Steel_Nirvana
01-10-2014, 11:38 PM
By my calculation, you're saving $,03 versus the pack. If you actually don't want the 5th song, you've made the logical economic choice. ;) It's not value if you pay more than you otherwise would, just to end up with something you don't want or need--that's an advertising trick.

Duggle-SD
01-11-2014, 12:08 AM
He doesn't care about the economics. He just doesn't want to take the space on his hard drive and/or doesn't want the song in his song listing (to have to skip over it all the time). There are some songs that I've already purchased that I found I just preferred to remove them from the drive so I don't see them all the time. If you REALLY don't like something then why bother. Plus, if you buy the pack, then I don't think you can uninstall an individual song that you don't like.

Jasta_man
01-11-2014, 11:48 AM
I did buy a couple of songs. ... and 4 from the Who. :cool:

Which Who song didn't make the cut?

fatherrock
01-12-2014, 06:06 PM
I am going to pass on this pack as well, not my cup of tea.
also, I have so much DLC that I have not played half of it so I am becoming picky of what I will buy.

so if you have KISS or ACDC I will buy it.....oasis, not so much.

toymachinesh
01-12-2014, 06:21 PM
I could see a KISS 3 pack eventually. Doesn't seem very farfetched.

Understeer79
01-13-2014, 04:50 AM
I could see a KISS 3 pack eventually. Doesn't seem very farfetched.

Kiss should be a 6 pack, since their songs are so short =P

It would be nice to have some of Oasis' best guitar songs instead of just their most popular sing along songs, I know they probably need a most recent song usually and thats fair enough like Aerosnmith having 2 songs from their recent album.

But it seems Ubi try to get the most popular songs to attract ppl with but lets not forget the people buying the DLC are guitarists / bass players - not singers or purely Oasis / Britpop fans.

My very wishful thinking wishlist:

1 Slide away
2 Acquisce
3 Cigarettes & Alcohol
4 It's getting better (man!)
5 Fade away

toymachinesh
01-13-2014, 06:58 AM
https://twitter.com/crossieRS/status/422566371709317120

Wonderwall confirmed

CrazedRacer
01-13-2014, 04:29 PM
https://twitter.com/crossieRS/status/422566371709317120

Wonderwall confirmed

Kind of excited about this, honestly. People are always asking for campfire songs to play - not much better strumming song than "Wonderwall". It's so easy, Jay-Z can do it:

http://youtu.be/Z9eT0LJ9vE4

FYI - this was in response to Noel saying that Jay-Z wasn't rock and roll enough to play Glastonbury Festival... :) The video is great - even for "99 Problems" at the end. :)

spaceboss
01-13-2014, 06:54 PM
I never liked Oasis. (I can't say that I gave them a fair chance, either)

But the song on RS2014 is such a well written, fantastic guitar driven song, that I'm excited about this pack!

Bluesman25
01-14-2014, 03:12 AM
Kind of excited about this, honestly. People are always asking for campfire songs to play - not much better strumming song than "Wonderwall". It's so easy, Jay-Z can do it:

FYI - this was in response to Noel saying that Jay-Z wasn't rock and roll enough to play Glastonbury Festival... :) The video is great - even for "99 Problems" at the end. :)

Jay-Z is tone deaf. That was brutal.

muscular_tiger
01-14-2014, 05:56 AM

wow, he sure showed them, i guess?
:confused:

tomlemort
01-14-2014, 07:06 AM
So many awesome bands with no song in the game yet (Beatles, Metallica, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Dream Theater, etc.), and they release a... Oasis DLC...

Duggle-SD
01-14-2014, 07:19 AM
So many awesome bands with no song in the game yet (Beatles, Metallica, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Dream Theater, etc.), and they release a... Oasis DLC...

Well, I guess you better get them on the horn and tell them to quit being holdouts and get their butts in the game!

toymachinesh
01-14-2014, 09:18 AM

Gee I wonder if there's a reason for that