PDA

View Full Version : Are we ever going to get this DLC sorted in the UK

tmitch45
01-07-2014, 06:18 PM
So weeks ago the Muse pack was announced and didn't appear in the UK store, then the same with the who pack and now it looks like the same will happen with the Aerosmith pack. I like many others have accepted for reasons that are beyond me that we would have to wait for the 7th of Jan for these pack well its evening time on the 7th of Jan and none of these packs are in either the playstation store or in game. To be honest I've paid for the game like the guys in the US and yet we are not getting the same service in terms of the DLC which is something I was relying on with the 2014 game. Is it not time for us to take action and if needs be someone please tell me or give me a link to some in ubisoft or playstation Europe where I or we as a European community can complain and hopefully get this sorted as I'm starting to get a little tired of it. This doesn't seem to happen to any other games I use so why Rocksmith?

Scientiae
01-07-2014, 07:01 PM
Actually, the date that has been announced for european release on EU PSN is the 8th, not the 7th : http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/817827-EU-ANZ-PS3-DLC-Release-Delays-The-Who-Disturbed-Muse-Golden-Bomber

Which makes sense since the european PSN gets updated on Wednesday, not on Tuesday.

tmitch45
01-07-2014, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the info buddy but my point is why should the European supporters of the game receive these DLC packs so late compared to the rest of the world. We see all the threads on hear about the latest dlc packs and then have to endure all the social media advertising only to have to wait upto a month to get the same dlc. In this day and age there is no acceptable reason for this.

TheJohnNewton
01-07-2014, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the info buddy but my point is why should the European supporters of the game receive these DLC packs so late compared to the rest of the world. We see all the threads on hear about the latest dlc packs and then have to endure all the social media advertising only to have to wait upto a month to get the same dlc. In this day and age there is no acceptable reason for this.

Blame the lawyers.

Marauder359
01-07-2014, 08:01 PM

Something tells me you didn't even follow that link... Had you, you would see that this is an issue with the SCEE, not Ubisoft. Ubisoft has done what they were supposed to do in order for the content to be released. Ergo why it was released everywhere else, and even where you are on other platforms.

That thread gives you your answer, it tells you when to expect these things and that going forward this shouldn't be an issue. But, that would actually require you to read the responses from people, rather than just presume what they've said or referenced and continue on your merry ignorant way.

You have been given the answers. If you don't like it, well, far be it from me to force you to play this game. The answers are the answers, the answers have nothing to do with us or Ubisoft, and the answers you're ignoring... So, what do you really want? If it's not the answers to your ignorance, well, then what is it? And, to put a finer point on it, this isn't ignorance. Ignorance implies the subject doesn't have access to the truth and reality. You do... which converts ignorance into stupidity... look it up. Oh, wait, right, looking stuff up or even clicking on a link and reading it that's been spoonfed to you is too much to ask... oh well.

tmitch45
01-07-2014, 09:29 PM
Something tells me you didn't even follow that link... Had you, you would see that this is an issue with the SCEE, not Ubisoft. Ubisoft has done what they were supposed to do in order for the content to be released. Ergo why it was released everywhere else, and even where you are on other platforms.

That thread gives you your answer, it tells you when to expect these things and that going forward this shouldn't be an issue. But, that would actually require you to read the responses from people, rather than just presume what they've said or referenced and continue on your merry ignorant way.

You have been given the answers. If you don't like it, well, far be it from me to force you to play this game. The answers are the answers, the answers have nothing to do with us or Ubisoft, and the answers you're ignoring... So, what do you really want? If it's not the answers to your ignorance, well, then what is it? And, to put a finer point on it, this isn't ignorance. Ignorance implies the subject doesn't have access to the truth and reality. You do... which converts ignorance into stupidity... look it up. Oh, wait, right, looking stuff up or even clicking on a link and reading it that's been spoonfed to you is too much to ask... oh well.

I am not ignorant at all and your language and remarks are pretty shameful for someone respectable who is supposed to be a senior member of the forum. After reading the appropriate response from scientiae I thanked him for this information which I had incorrectly thought was 7th Jan. My response is purely to him stating what my original point was more about the situation ubisoft and sony Europe are in with regards to DLC and therefore the amount of unacceptable extra time European customers were having to wait for the same DLC others are getting the day of release. The link does suggest that this situation is resolved which is fine no drama.

In the past I have asked senior forum members and mods for a link or email for people at sony Europe so that we the consumer can complain to them but nothing came of this so to answer your question, no my questions haven't been previously answered because if they had then I wouldn't have posted again today.

Anyway I like the rest of the European consumer group will wait and hope that the DLC promised will arrive in the store tomorrow and we will be able to enjoy this great game. Its just a shame that members like you sir cannot just anser peoples questions in a civil and courteous manner.

Yonda1960
01-07-2014, 09:48 PM
My response is purely to him stating what my original point was more about the situation ubisoft and sony Europe are in with regards to DLC and therefore the amount of unacceptable extra time European customers were having to wait for the same DLC others are getting the day of release. We've had confirmation from Ubisoft that this is definitely not a situation of their making, they want to release the DLC on all platforms in all regions at once. The fly in the ointment appears to be SCEE for us PS3 users outside the US, and even when Ubisoft get some guarantees from them they still muck things up (look up the Muse pack fiasco before Xmas).

I'm still not convinced we'll see all the missing DLC tomorrow, and even less the Aerosmith DLC (not that I'm bothered about that for once), but I'll just wait and see...

dav_tho2000
01-08-2014, 03:41 AM
yup, checked eu psn on 7th, nothing 'because eu psn will be the 8th, we promise!',
just checked in game, nothing new,
just checked psn store, no new add ons.

i dont care, i got muse weeks ago thanks to their **** up but they begged patience and said from jow on, it would be sorted. muah hah hah no one can stop the gremlins save for perhaps a microwave....

daddy_felix
01-08-2014, 09:39 AM
yup, checked eu psn on 7th, nothing 'because eu psn will be the 8th, we promise!',

It's because the psn eu store gets updated on wednesday. Wait a couple of hours and when there are no packs this evening *after* the update, start complaining. Until then, please shut up.

jj_qpr
01-08-2014, 11:50 AM
I know its not helpful but the title is misleading, this is ONLY a problem with playstation, i have xbox and pc version in UK and get all dlc on release without any problems. As already mentioned its not related to the game or ubi one bit...blame sony....

dav_tho2000
01-08-2014, 02:34 PM
Wait a couple of hours and when there are no packs this evening *after* the update, start complaining. Until then, please shut up.

i guess the 'i dont care' in my post somehow means i was complaining? no... i was commenting. please shut up!

Marauder359
01-08-2014, 07:21 PM
I am not ignorant at all and your language and remarks are pretty shameful for someone respectable who is supposed to be a senior member of the forum.

Perhaps if senior member meant anything more than an indication of the number of posts I've made, that might be a point. It isn't, though.

After reading the appropriate response from scientiae I thanked him for this information which I had incorrectly thought was 7th Jan. My response is purely to him stating what my original point was more about the situation ubisoft and sony Europe are in with regards to DLC and therefore the amount of unacceptable extra time European customers were having to wait for the same DLC others are getting the day of release.

You thanked him... and went on to call him buddy and then basically dismiss what he'd said as though it hadn't really applied to your point... Which, in English, meant you were thanking him, patting him on the head calling him buddy, "but" he hadn't really addressed your issue, so you repeated your initial complaint... That was rude.

The link does suggest that this situation is resolved which is fine no drama.

And did suggest that when you decided to re-state your complaint as though it hadn't been resolved.

In the past I have asked senior forum members and mods for a link or email for people at sony Europe so that we the consumer can complain to them but nothing came of this so to answer your question, no my questions haven't been previously answered because if they had then I wouldn't have posted again today.

Why would I or any other member of the forum have that? The moderators don't work for Ubisoft and certainly don't work for Sony. The company dealt through the proper communication lines with the other company, and they set a timetable to resolve the issue. Ubisoft's man then returned here, gave us the info to update the situation as best as Ubisoft can know it, and here we are. What part of that wasn't an answer to the questions and concerns you have? You demanding an email that we don't know, to do with it things that would be pointless anyway, since they already had a timetable to fix the issue, is supposed to keep me up at night?

Anyway I like the rest of the European consumer group will wait and hope that the DLC promised will arrive in the store tomorrow

Except you, unlike the others who were directed to the information, weren't waiting, you were ignoring the reality to continue complaining.

Its just a shame that members like you sir cannot just anser peoples questions in a civil and courteous manner.

Your questions were answered, and they were answered very courteously, and with a link. You got rude and decided to ignore that you'd gotten the answer... the same damn answer that seems to have you placated now, but didn't then. Had you decided, upon reading his link the first time that you'd "wait and hope that the DLC promised will arrive in the store tomorrow", instead of being condescending and restating your issue, as though that link never addressed it, you wouldn't have gotten the less courteous variant.

Yonda1960
01-08-2014, 08:29 PM
I think most of the DLC for the UK is sorted now (except perhaps for the Golden Bomber stuff). Some of it is a bit hidden away in the PSN store, so try specific searches to find what you want.

tmitch45
01-08-2014, 09:43 PM
Marauder this is ridiculous, I give up, I've asked a question/expressed my opinion about a very frustrating situation for us UK consumers and had nothing but sarcastic comments from you. I have not been rude to the second poster and the term 'Buddy' where I am from is not used to belittle people as you suggest, it is a term use like "hello mate". Ok, so I got the release date of the DLC wrong by a day but like everyone else who responded why the need for you to be rude and antagonistic in your 2 responses, which having stumbled across another of your posts seems to be a common trait with you. Why do you feel the need to pick apart people's posts especially when they are not directed at you at all as this is not helpful behaviour. As the moderator of another forum the whole purpose is for people to discuss their problems, issues and triumphs with like minded individuals not to be attacked by other unhelpful members.

It now looks like things aren't totally sorted with the DLC and another forum thread has been created and I'm just wondering how long it will take you to rip that guys post to shreds as he is expressing his displeasure at the whole DLC situation like I did. I will watch with interest.

And finally if you would like to re-read a number of the threads covering the topic of missing DLC particularly in the UK, I have seen several members/ senior members/mods protesting that it is not Ubisofts fault and urging people to contact sony Europe so I simply asked if someone out there has a link or an email that we can do this so where is the problem with this request?. On my forum we have people who know people in the industry who do have certain contacts and therefore I wondered if this might be the case here. My mistake, but why have you and you alone made such a big deal about such a simple post. I will not be responding to you any more as this thread has become a waste of my time although I would like to thank the helpful members who have posted up helpful information and if the second poster feels I've been rule then I apologise but the fact that he hasn't posted again would suggest he has taken my post as it was intended and he isn't at home crying over his laptop.

Finally before insulting anyone else I would also check the rules of the forum as I am pretty sure that your comments to me in both posts could easily be described as flaming (please see 'No Flaming' in the rules section) as you may well find yourself in trouble if you continue to be unhelpful and disrespectful to other members. I would suggest that if you are annoyed in the future by someones post if its covering old news or questions that have been answered you post a link or ignore the post.

Marauder359
01-08-2014, 09:58 PM
And finally if you would like to re-read a number of the threads covering the topic of missing DLC particularly in the UK, I have seen several members/ senior members/mods protesting that it is not Ubisofts fault and urging people to contact sony Europe so I simply asked if someone out there has a link or an email that we can do this so where is the problem with this request?

No, you really didn't... What you saw were people rightly pointing out that it wasn't Ubisoft's fault, and if they said to take it up with the SCEE, they weren't really telling you to do that, but saying that to indicate that if you're going to randomly ***** to someone, ***** to the appropriate party that's causing the problem... However, they weren't really telling you to do that. Firstly, no Ubisoft employee would've told you to do that in a serious manner, since Ubisoft was in communication with Sony about getting it resolved. The situation wasn't going to be resolved by people complaining more about a known issue... particularly after a timetable for resolution had already been reached!!!!

I would suggest that if you are annoyed in the future by someones post if its covering old news or questions that have been answered you post a link or ignore the post.

Post a link so the information therein can be ignored? He posted the link, which dealt with the timetable for resolution, and you came back with "but"... what's but mean where you're from? To me, in English, it means to be contrarian to that which has come before... in this case, the link... So, he gave you the link, and you responded with "but" and then repeated the same initial complaint... a complaint addressed by the link. That's where the annoyance comes in. He gave you the link, you decided "but" and then restated the same thing as if he hadn't said a word... which told me, you just want to *****.

Black_Widow9
01-11-2014, 12:37 AM
I'm going to lock this now. Please be respectful to each other when posting if you want to stick around.

Thanks