PDA

View Full Version : The Substitute for The Animus

RinoTheBouncer
01-07-2014, 12:20 PM
Okay, so this is just an idea that I got in mind. Before you light the torches, hunt me and burn me at the stake, just hear me out :P
What do you think of a substitute to the Animus?

What if the next game features something like Masyaf Keys or any means to look into the past or travel to the past or any way to relive the past without using the animus, without synchronization, without the need to walk on a certain path to finish a mission? I mean, Abstego is a really rich company, I’m sure they can pull something like Time Travel for instance or other methods. Or if not any of that, then some artifacts from TWCB.

I know how we can cling to a certain theme in a franchise or a certain mythology or idea or means to play the game but what do you think of this? and do you have any ideas for something that could replace the animus and what that decision can change and bring to the franchise?

dxsxhxcx
01-07-2014, 01:31 PM
time travel would screw up with the story even more...

IMO the seals are too convenient, I was OK with them in ACR because Altair didn't have as much screen time as Ezio did, but I don't want them to replace the animus

RinoTheBouncer
01-07-2014, 02:57 PM
IMO time travel would screw up with the story even more...

IMO the seals are too convenient, I was OK with them in ACR because Altair didn't have as much screen time as Ezio did, but I don't want them to replace the animus

I agree that time travel would change the game, game entirely. I believe if we can somehow use The Eye, as in my other thread. Like, the game is set in the time of Minerva, and she’s using the eye to view the different possibilities and we play as those possibilities and see what’s wrong or right.

pirate1802
01-07-2014, 03:02 PM
I agree that time travel would change the game, game entirely. I believe if we can somehow use The Eye, as in my other thread. Like, the game is set in the time of Minerva, and she’s using the eye to view the different possibilities and we play as those possibilities and see what’s wrong or right.

Hmm.. this is actually a very interesting ideas. As Ezio says to Yusuf.. you are full of surprises today! I doubt if they will actually do something like this but I'd certainly be down for it. Assassins Creed: Infinite.

Oh and hey, it could lead to some cool possibilities not possible using the Animus, like showing a character's death in-person etc.

RinoTheBouncer
01-07-2014, 03:13 PM
Hmm.. this is actually a very interesting ideas. As Ezio says to Yusuf.. you are full of surprises today! I doubt if they will actually do something like this but I'd certainly be down for it. Assassins Creed: Infinite.

Oh and hey, it could lead to some cool possibilities not possible using the Animus, like showing a character's death in-person etc.

Oh, thank you :)

Glad you like my idea. I actually think the series need some more innovation. They’re changing stuff and they need to change these two. Introduce us to some more means and methods that are possible to achieve in the game. All those elements are mentioned in the game, so I think it’s not too uncanny or weird to give them more screen time or assign them as a pivotal part of the gameplay and story.

It’s not like time-travel. It’s just seeing possibilities and I believe there’s so much that we can achieve there, even in a game where they can allow us to choose what to decide, at least for one game. Something similar to The Tyranny of King Washington.

IWGCJoeCool
01-08-2014, 01:26 AM
any chance our "new" present day protagonist will suffer some "Bleeding Effect", and not require the Animus at all? just a riff on the OP's suggestion.

anyway, time travel? neh! that makes a totally different game of it. time travel stretches the science too much anyway, reliving memories from blood DNA at least sounds present-day-tech possible.

JC

dbzk1999
01-08-2014, 02:11 AM
any chance our "new" present day protagonist will suffer some "Bleeding Effect", and not require the Animus at all? just a riff on the OP's suggestion.

anyway, time travel? neh! that makes a totally different game of it. time travel stretches the science too much anyway, reliving memories from blood DNA at least sounds present-day-tech possible.

JC
About the bleeding effect I remember Shawn talking about that but only if it can be controlled which up until now hasn't been shown

dxsxhxcx
01-08-2014, 02:21 AM
a problem with this bleeding effect scenario would be the HUD, they use the animus to justify the HUD in the game, I don't think the Bleeding Effect would have any in game justification to explain its HUD... but I would like to see the Bleeding Effect returning in some way, I never liked how they got rid of it so "easily" in ACR...

Boulder_Av
01-08-2014, 09:39 AM
What if all the present day stuff is just someone reliving our time through an animus because the world ended. A virtual existence everyone now occupies a virtual world.

dbzk1999
01-08-2014, 12:33 PM
What if all the present day stuff is just someone reliving our time through an animus because the world ended. A virtual existence everyone now occupies a virtual world.

That sounds a lot like the matrix

RinoTheBouncer
01-08-2014, 05:57 PM

Actually, this is the twist I’ve been dreaming to have by the end of ACIII... sadly, they wasted the opportunity.

a problem with this bleeding effect scenario would be the HUD, they use the animus to justify the HUD in the game, I don't think the Bleeding Effect would have any in game justification to explain its HUD... but I would like to see the Bleeding Effect returning in some way, I never liked how they got rid of it so "easily" in ACR...

Actually, it would be good to remove the HUDs. Just do something new instead of their existence. Besides, many games use HUDs without having to justify them.

toolen22
01-10-2014, 03:23 AM
Time travel wouldn't work out. Abstergo wouldn't risk altering the past. Look at what they did to the Piece of Eden from the Philadelphia project. It had the ability to allow time travel, but Abstergo never used it. Instead, they decided it was too dangerous and kept it locked away in a secret location. Considering how much Abstergo is WILLING to mess with, that is saying something. I can't remember which game mentions this. I think it was the original or one of the early games.

dbzk1999
01-10-2014, 05:18 AM
Time travel wouldn't work out. Abstergo wouldn't risk altering the past. Look at what they did to the Piece of Eden from the Philadelphia project. It had the ability to allow time travel, but Abstergo never used it. Instead, they decided it was too dangerous and kept it locked away in a secret location. Considering how much Abstergo is WILLING to mess with, that is saying something. I can't remember which game mentions this. I think it was the original or one of the early games.

First one

RinoTheBouncer
01-10-2014, 10:58 AM

Actually that would be a great opportunity for the assassins to go and steal and mess with time and perhaps make sure that Abstergo is never established.

pirate1802
01-10-2014, 11:31 AM
...and then come back in the present to discover that in their effort to reduce Abstergo they've given rise to an even bigger threat!

RinoTheBouncer
01-13-2014, 10:49 AM
...and then come back in the present to discover that in their effort to reduce Abstergo they've given rise to an even bigger threat!
Yeah, why not? I mean AC has always been about doing stuff and then facing the consequences. Good or bad. Connor worked so hard to protect his village, only to find out that after all this work, they just moved.

Hans684
01-13-2014, 04:14 PM
Yeah, why not? I mean AC has always been about doing stuff and then facing the consequences. Good or bad. Connor worked so hard to protect his village, only to find out that after all this work, they just moved.

Like Desmond?

RinoTheBouncer
01-13-2014, 05:38 PM
Like Desmond?

And Desmond, yeah. Even though he did manage to save the world.

IWGCJoeCool
01-14-2014, 01:50 AM
anyone seen a movie called "The Thirteenth Floor"?

if the device isnt totally Animus-like, i dont know what is....and talk about Time??? and what is real!!!

adventurewomen
01-14-2014, 02:04 AM

if the device isnt totally Animus-like, i dont know what is....and talk about Time??? and what is real!!!
When I first played AC1 in 2007 I thought about that film because the Animus is similar to the device in that film, happy that I'm not the only one who thought this, thanks for the reminder. I enjoyed that film, watched it a few years before AC1. :)

RinoTheBouncer
01-14-2014, 09:20 AM

I’ve seen it, yeah. And it’s totally similar. It’s like TRON: Legacy vs. Assassin’s Creed!

DinoSteve1
01-14-2014, 09:37 AM
Isn't what we used in the ACIV the Animus substitute?

FreeKnowledge
01-14-2014, 09:51 AM
Well it could stand that a piece of eden could be used like the animus.look at ac3s dlc its like they were in the animus that whole time in a way.

RinoTheBouncer
01-14-2014, 10:13 AM
Isn't what we used in the ACIV the Animus substitute?

It was still an Animus, it only was remodeled and attached to a PC/Mac screen, which is present on our desk.

Well it could stand that a piece of eden could be used like the animus.look at ac3s dlc its like they were in the animus that whole time in a way.

Yea, I’ve always thought that they can do miracles with a Piece of Eden’s alternate possibilities.