PDA

View Full Version : My 2nd Assassins Creed Game Play

gamerscircle
01-07-2014, 02:02 AM
Assassin Creed 4: Black Flag - Lively Havana, And My Sugar? - Part 2

*Spoiler Alert*

http://youtu.be/wcsHBMt-FGo

I have to follow Stede until we reach the weapons vendor and buy any sword. Stede seems to have gotten us lost, so I climb the church to synchronize with the viewpoint. Once the tavern is identified Stede will be in trouble and I need to chase down and tackle the pickpocket. Once defeated, I then loot Stede's money and return to him. Follow him to the tavern for a scene.

The tavern brawl acts as a tutorial for brawling combat and after defeating the drunkards I am be attacked by Spanish soldiers. I basically did as the game suggests and equip my your Smoke Bombs and then use one to run past the guards in the entrance to the tavern.

Then I make my way out of the restricted zone and then lose your enemies to complete the mission.

I am starting to get the hang of this, but the synchronization/de-synchronization doesn't make any sense to me. I most likely will get a better handle on things after some more game play as I feel the game is just going through its paces.

Frag_Maniac
01-07-2014, 04:47 AM
I am starting to get the hang of this, but the synchronization/de-synchronization doesn't make any sense to me. I most likely will get a better handle on things after some more game play as I feel the game is just going through its paces.

Refer to my response in your first gameplay thread. It explains a lot about the game and the series in general.

There's really no need to create a separate thread for each vid though. It will get bumped each time you add a vid anyway.

Anykeyer
01-07-2014, 10:02 AM
So you're going to spam like 80 threads for each part. huh?
Its too late for that kind of videos btw

YazX_
01-07-2014, 12:09 PM
Please dont spam PC section, either you put all of them in one thread or go to this board:

http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/507-Community-Creations

yah i know its for MP but you could do whatever you want there.

btw, its too late now for this kind of videos, dont you think?!

strigoi1958
01-07-2014, 06:00 PM
Hi gamerscircle....

Thanks for taking the time to make and post the videos... I always appreciate it when someone goes out of their way to do something for others. There are other videos on YT but the more the merrier and someone might get help from one if they get stuck and search the forum.
As the guys suggest it is probably better to keep the 1 thread going as that will also make it easier for people to find the exact section they're looking for :D

Frag glad to see no more Six_gun I'm assuming your account opened up again..... I enjoyed reading your reply in the 1st thread it was excellent and concise. I wish I could summarize that well without getting sidetracked.

Frag_Maniac
01-07-2014, 10:32 PM
Frag glad to see no more Six_gun I'm assuming your account opened up again..... I enjoyed reading your reply in the 1st thread it was excellent and concise. I wish I could summarize that well without getting sidetracked.

Yeah Black_Widow was kind enough to ask me which account I wanted to keep, so naturally I said Frag_Maniac, which is also my Uplay login. I still have no idea why the forum suddenly reverted me to Six_Gun after having used this other name for years.

Thanks for the kind words on the outline I made of AC IV tips. I was actually worried it was a bit too long. I tried to cover all the things the game doesn't explain well, which can be confusing, esp for a first timer using a gamepad.

I enjoyed watching Andy's first vid, if nothing else to muse over his surprise reactions to the premise of AC in general. I recall saying WTF when first playing the Altair AC. I had no idea it took place in present day and everything in the past was virtual reality.

The only frustrating thing about these vids is Andy just posts and never discusses his experiences, which is a big part of why most would go to the length of making game vids. Apparently he's not encountered too much technical trouble though, or we'd have probably heard about it by now.

gamerscircle
01-07-2014, 11:14 PM
Thanks Frag_Maniac - I am getting closer and closer to having more and more fun. Appreciate the feedback and support.

gamerscircle
01-07-2014, 11:16 PM
No, I am not spamming. I am simply posting my commentary of the game, hopeful to share and get help with the game if I wasn't able to do something correctly. You were expecting something difference from the titles of , "My 2nd Assassins Creed Game Play"??

gamerscircle
01-07-2014, 11:19 PM
YAZ_H - The name of the forums says, "Assassin's CreedAssassin's Creed General Discussion (PC)" , this is the PC version and I am sharing my video to get some feedback. [Which I got bunch of great feedback from Frag_Maniac, which I am trying to apply.

To late for videos? No, I just got the game and there are a lot that are not able to pay full price and are just now getting the game.

Anykeyer
01-07-2014, 11:43 PM
Too late. There is already a lot of videos like this. You have to do playthrough videos on release day or have something really special in them to get views.

gamerscircle
01-07-2014, 11:44 PM
Yeah Black_Widow was kind enough to ask me which account I wanted to keep, so naturally I said Frag_Maniac, which is also my Uplay login. I still have no idea why the forum suddenly reverted me to Six_Gun after having used this other name for years.

Thanks for the kind words on the outline I made of AC IV tips. I was actually worried it was a bit too long. I tried to cover all the things the game doesn't explain well, which can be confusing, esp for a first timer using a gamepad.

I enjoyed watching Andy's first vid, if nothing else to muse over his surprise reactions to the premise of AC in general. I recall saying WTF when first playing the Altair AC. I had no idea it took place in present day and everything in the past was virtual reality.

The only frustrating thing about these vids is Andy just posts and never discusses his experiences, which is a big part of why most would go to the length of making game vids. Apparently he's not encountered too much technical trouble though, or we'd have probably heard about it by now.

I have an odd schedule with work and when I game/record/post - not to mention I am still suffering a little holiday lag. The advice was top notch and I am trying to apply it to my game play. I think my biggest issue [this is mainly me] is that I used to running and and being stopped by a wall, vs trying to scale the wall. That is sooooo new to me, that it actually has making me lose my cool and I left slip some F-Bombs and such.

As for Technical, yes - I playing the PC version, but using an Xbox Controller and it seems that at some parts of the game [like, when I really want to do something] that I have to button mash three or four times? Otherwise, I haven't had the crash out and stop working. I dont' know if this helps, but I usually eve all the *.exe admin rights {run in admin mode} and I have seen that it tends to fix many issues?

Again, thanks for the feedback - I don't think I am terrible at this game and I am sure my progress is much slower than most... and... I think I am also missing out on side missions, but persistence pays off correct?

YazX_
01-08-2014, 12:14 AM
YAZ_H - The name of the forums says, "Assassin's CreedAssassin's Creed General Discussion (PC)" , this is the PC version and I am sharing my video to get some feedback. [Which I got bunch of great feedback from Frag_Maniac, which I am trying to apply.

ofcourse, but keep all of your videos in one thread instead of making new thread per each, this is called spamming.

To late for videos? No, I just got the game and there are a lot that are not able to pay full price and are just now getting the game

YES too late, what i meant is:

Too late. There is already a lot of videos like this. You have to do playthrough videos on release day or have something really special in them to get views.

strigoi1958
01-08-2014, 03:28 AM
You touched on all the important things in about 5000 less words than I could manage... pity most games or even reviews don't come with all the relevant info in such an easy to read condensed article. Sometimes I just want to play a game first without reading for an hour.... :D .... I like to go back later and read through...

Yes it is nice to see someones reaction to an AC game especially a new-to-AC player.... I can't remember the last time I met someone who hadn't played any AC games

I know what you mean... it still amazes me how much knowledge there is within the community... not just creed characters, story lines and gameplay but also the vast technical knowledge... ( I've often learnt from yourself, Anykeyer and YAZ_H and you all do a lot on the forum) I find the discussions here almost as good as the game and it would be good for Andy to bring his thoughts here on what he finds interesting/ difficult from gameplay through to graphics .... I can understand being stunned into silence when you first play an AC game ;) but after my first game people couldn't shut me up..

strigoi1958
01-08-2014, 03:44 AM
Andy trust me you're not terrible at this game ;) I spend more time desynchronising then most people. It doesn't matter how slowly you make progress, to be honest I often find myself sailing just to watch waves crash over the deck or I stop to take in the detail of wood grain, sounds, the shanties and pub songs... all are fantastic and when you play a game like this than can immerse you so quickly... it's possible that sometimes, you can't take in everything being displayed or played. The first time I played an AC game I was struggling with controls and the main characters desire to jump on things (when I didn't want him to jump :D ) but after a while the controls come naturally and the game hooked me. There are discussions on everything from names to historical accuracy, character flaws to WTF moments and after playing the whole AC series and thinking I was well schooled in AC... I came here and realised I know very little but people are always keen to help and the banter is good.

Frag_Maniac
01-08-2014, 04:25 AM
The first time I played an AC game I was struggling with controls and the main characters desire to jump on things.....There are discussions on everything from names to historical accuracy...

Yeah at times it can still be a comedy of errors for me just finding a good route to freerun smoothly without making civilians panic. It's even more strange when some are offended or scared, yet one guy stands there and commends you on your acrobatic skill with a robust "Well done!" LOL

There were some great threads on AC2 where someone had traveled to the locales in the game and showed modern day photos of some of the buildings in it. The similarity was remarkable.

As for too late, guys, you ever heard of the expression it's never too late? People are still buying this game and even playing AC for the first time. If you're bored with it fine. You played all the installments and it's nothing new to you. Then just don't participate in the thread. No need to beat a horse that isn't even dead.

strigoi1958
01-08-2014, 05:20 AM
Yes my mate rode his motorbike to Italy (I didn't go that year) and when I saw the photos I couldn't believe how much they looked like the buildings in the game. :D Makes me appreciate the devs attention to detail even more.