PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Ever A Splinter: Can't make key jump on PC version!

BennHornigold
01-06-2014, 04:34 PM
I'm in the temple trying to get to the other side of the chasm in Ever a Splinter. I climb up to the ledge, position Kenway, and try to jump to the center point that collapses onto the far side of the level,but just cannot successfully make this jump on the PC version of AC 4.

The jump I'm talking about is at 9:33 on this walkthru video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbpHGKSmxic

The problem I have is that, no matter how carefully I position myself on the ledge, the external camera focuses on the wrong target and I end up jumping into the depths of the pit every time. I've tried it at least 50 times and just can't figure it out. I tried centering the camera (C button), using key commands instead of mouse, etc.

Is there a PC user out there who can explain how to make this jump? Thanks much!

Babboo Jax
01-06-2014, 09:23 PM
Xbox user, but I had a few attempts at this jump too. The perspective made it really hard to figure out how the two ledges lined up. I found that I could make it from the centre edge of the ledge.

Good luck.

BennHornigold
01-07-2014, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the reply, I have tried it another ~ 50 times and every jump ends up going 45 degrees from where I want to end up. I think this is a function of the mouse control. I'm curious if anyone can make this jump on a PC with mouse/keyboard setup.

For now, I'm stuck in the game having attempted it over 100 times (I'm getting quite good at killing those dudes and climbing up to the ledge now). My only possible solution is to get a USB controller and hook it up to the PC and see if that helps. Ugh.

Xbox user, but I had a few attempts at this jump too. The perspective made it really hard to figure out how the two ledges lined up. I found that I could make it from the centre edge of the ledge.

Good luck.

Yorkie10
03-04-2014, 06:01 PM
[I had the same trouble playing on a PC. Face where you want to jump but instead of pressing W when jumping use D as if you were making a side jump. No idea why you have to do this, must be a glitch. I'm assuming you use W for forward