PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Following Alexander's Campaign

Bozosaurus76
01-05-2014, 08:39 PM
How about a future Assassin's Creed or multiple Creeds (similar to AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelations) with one major game and two smaller ones where you follow Alexander's conquest of the known world. The game could start during Phillip's conquest to unite the Greek city-state of Macedonia with her southern neighbors, where you are a Spartan who infiltrates Phillip's army or something. I say Spartan because Sparta was the only major Greek city state who remained opposed and unconquered by Alexander and his father (due to Sparta being the Assassin's stronghold, very similar to Masyaf in AC1). Sparta's warrior culture and lack of higher philosophical pursuits could be attributed to the fact that Sparta was the Assassin Stronghold of the Western World. Anyway, Aristotle could be a Templar in disguise which is the reason why Alexander has his father killed, because Phillip only wants to unite Greece but Alexander wants to use the guise of conquest as a way to explore TWCB temples (in Ancient Troy, Egypt, and the Far East). So basically Alexander is crowned king and goes on his expeditions. Alexander is recorded to have visited Troy to make a homage to his self-proclaimed ancestor Achilles. As history goes, Alexander apparently recovers Achilles' armor/weapons (POE anyone?). As Alexander's campaign wears on, he holds a trial for one of his closest friends/advisors whom he suspects of treason. This could be the result of a cover-up due to Alexander's "Templar" agents closing in on discovering the Assassin mole in the camp, so the main character plants incriminating evidence on Philotas, who is subsequently tried and killed. This AC could span from Pella (Macedonia's capital), Sparta (Assassin's hq), a small excursion to Trojan ruins, Egypt, Babylon, Lydia, Susa and the remote parts of India... Alexander's death can be a result of you conspiring with Ptolemy (unhappy with Alexander passing him over, not appreciating him enough, becoming disillusioned with the "Templar" cause) and that female Assassin who poisons Alexander (in the basement of the Monteriggioni villa in AC2). Then once Alexander's empire is split up among his generals, you follow Ptolemy to Egypt for some reason. idk, I literally just came up with half of these ideas off the top of my head while writing this, but I just wanna know what you guys think of this time period/setting.

It would definitely be cool to see how power shifts from Southern Greece (Athens, Sparta) to Northern Greece (Epirus, Macedonia) and the difference in political systems (democracy vs monarchy) between the city-states. There would also be a lot of blending of different cultures and religions, and we could possibly investigate into the similarities and patterns between these different religions. Plus Alexander claimed that he was descended from Zeus (TWCB) and the Olympic Gods played quite role in the every day life of the typical ancient Greek.

RoBg03
01-05-2014, 08:52 PM
i'd like the setting...cool cities to visit. melee weapons, obvious history and storyline. the wiki says the order got its start in the fifth century bc, so it would still be a young group, which would be interesting. I think spartan society valued open combat and glory over assassination, but i guess that could be worked out.

Bozosaurus76
01-05-2014, 08:58 PM
Well if I'm not mistaken, didn't the real life assassins based in Masyaf during the third crusade perform public assassinations in order to strike fear into their enemies? wasn't that also the case in AC1? ( I may be mistaken, haven't played that game in a while)

RoBg03
01-05-2014, 09:02 PM
Well if I'm not mistaken, didn't the real life assassins based in Masyaf during the third crusade perform public assassinations in order to strike fear into their enemies? wasn't that also the case in AC1? ( I may be mistaken, haven't played that game in a while)

very possible...not sure where you are going with that though...

LionHeart XXII
01-05-2014, 09:35 PM
i love the setting of ancient greece, but i do have a few problems here. i really do disagree with sparta being the hub for assassins because, as you pointed out, they were a brutal, almost barbaric culture who routinely slaughtered their slave class in fear of them rising up to over throw the higher classes. Following Alexander the Great campaign to the east is a very cool idea though. however i think it would be better if Alexander was more of a neutral character that the assassin's and templars fighter over, afterall Alexander wasn't the brightest of people, despite his reputation.

yankeegamergirl
01-05-2014, 10:32 PM
Hello,

I would love an Assassin's Creed in BCE times especially in Ancient Greece. I stated this in only my second post in a thread about a game featured in Sumeria by Rino. People were discussing how a number of ancient civilisations would be great and I mentioned I would love one in Ancient Greece. I believe it would be a stunning game; imagine a viewpoint from the Acropolis/Parthenon over Athens! Some of the posters in the other thread I mentioned talked about how Alexander the Great was brought into the myth (in ACII via the statues in the villa) when he is said to have been poisoned by an Assassin (ILTANI ?) so maybe this could be expanded on. Events surrounding Alexander the 'Great' being such a famous historical figure would be a great choice but I also like the idea of not so well known figures (by the general public) taking a feature in a game based in A.Greece. Personally I would like to see a game like this that also spans eras within A.Greece, although I'm not sure people would want multiple games since the ancient theme doesn't appeal to everyone. I would love some Homeric myth thrown in there too from the Iliad and Odyssey some way some how! lol. Events (mainly 5th century Athens) before Alexander are pretty interesting too; mainly the wars with Perisa and the Peloponnesian wars and the great playwrights such as Aeschylus and Aristophanes and powerful politicians such as Pericles. UBISOFT I want to perform a stealth kill during a Panathanaic procession, I want to use eagle vision to find my target during a performance of the Lysistrata...Anything....something....GREEK ! :)

Bozosaurus76
01-05-2014, 10:41 PM
I suppose Alexander can be a neutral leader who the Templars fight over, and when goes to Troy he retrieves the armor and weapons of Achilles, which are really Pieces of Eden. Since he would have no knowledge of the Assassin/Templar conflict of TWCB, he would not know the meaning behind such weapons, and he would just use them to his own benefit in order to further his war campaign. Despite all the success these tools give him, they have a very corrupting effect on Alexander.. He begins to drink excessively because he cannot comprehend and handle the mysteries/visions of the PoE, and he becomes very paranoid. Maybe there is a prophecy written on the armor or on the stone where he retrieves the armor that he believes pertains to him or something, and he begins killing high ranking members of his own army due to his ultra paranoia. Templars (headed by Ptolemy) and Assassins (your character), broker a truce and begin to plot Alexander's death. A temporary alliance could be the beginning of a friendship between Ptolemy and the main character, as they both travel to Egypt together and your character slowly turns Ptolemy to the cause of the Assassins.

Bozosaurus76
01-05-2014, 10:46 PM
But yea, Mycenaean Greece would be awesome. The Olympic gods play a HUGE role in the Iliad and Odyssey. Plus the Mycenaean invasion of Troy and the eruption of the volcano in Santorini which destroyed the Minoan civilization (the true Atlantians) could have been the result of the ancient Greeks tampering with an ancient vault. Ancient Greece and Egypt have such rich histories that you could have a mini trilogy, one game with a # and two others with subtitles, that span during Mycenaean/Minoan Greece or Alexandrian Greece

LionHeart XXII
01-05-2014, 11:29 PM
Hello,

I would love an Assassin's Creed in BCE times especially in Ancient Greece. I stated this in only my second post in a thread about a game featured in Sumeria by Rino. People were discussing how a number of ancient civilisations would be great and I mentioned I would love one in Ancient Greece. I believe it would be a stunning game; imagine a viewpoint from the Acropolis/Parthenon over Athens! Some of the posters in the other thread I mentioned talked about how Alexander the Great was brought into the myth (in ACII via the statues in the villa) when he is said to have been poisoned by an Assassin (ILTANI ?) so maybe this could be expanded on. Events surrounding Alexander the 'Great' being such a famous historical figure would be a great choice but I also like the idea of not so well known figures (by the general public) taking a feature in a game based in A.Greece. Personally I would like to see a game like this that also spans eras within A.Greece, although I'm not sure people would want multiple games since the ancient theme doesn't appeal to everyone. I would love some Homeric myth thrown in there too from the Iliad and Odyssey some way some how! lol. Events (mainly 5th century Athens) before Alexander are pretty interesting too; mainly the wars with Perisa and the Peloponnesian wars and the great playwrights such as Aeschylus and Aristophanes and powerful politicians such as Pericles. UBISOFT I want to perform a stealth kill during a Panathanaic procession, I want to use eagle vision to find my target during a performance of the Lysistrata...Anything....something....GREEK ! :)

Yes! So this, Even though Alexander is a great historic character his name would probably sell more games, i think a game set during this would be way better. The political intrigue, the curruption, the constant rising of new tyrants, the locations, you could even have more sailing around the mediteranian if you really wanted with Athens, being one of the major cities.

MasterAssasin84
01-05-2014, 11:32 PM
Ancient Rome would be an amazing setting but i doubt that the series would go back to Rome as its already been represented in ACB ? as much as i agree with you it would be a cool location to see during its golden age .

yankeegamergirl
01-05-2014, 11:55 PM
Yes! So this, Even though Alexander is a great historic character his name would probably sell more games, i think a game set during this would be way better. The political intrigue, the curruption, the constant rising of new tyrants, the locations, you could even have more sailing around the mediteranian if you really wanted with Athens, being one of the major cities.

Yup... especially because during the 5th century Athens dominated over the Greek city states in terms of its naval power and created an empire during this time which eventually led to the discord and the wars between the city states especially with Sparta... :)

yankeegamergirl
01-06-2014, 12:09 AM
But yea, Mycenaean Greece would be awesome. The Olympic gods play a HUGE role in the Iliad and Odyssey. Plus the Mycenaean invasion of Troy and the eruption of the volcano in Santorini which destroyed the Minoan civilization (the true Atlantians) could have been the result of the ancient Greeks tampering with an ancient vault. Ancient Greece and Egypt have such rich histories that you could have a mini trilogy, one game with a # and two others with subtitles, that span during Mycenaean/Minoan Greece or Alexandrian Greece

Yes to what you said!
I also love ancient Egypt (it's my favorite past civilization). I completed some courses on Ancient Egyptian History and Ancient Egyptian Funerary beliefs with a London uni and wanted to become an Egyptologist but in the end I was convinced (by my professor) that its a very niche area which is difficult to work in and I decided to go for a more multidisciplinary History degree which is currently focusing on the classical civilizations of Greece and Rome and I have loved what I've been learning thus my zeal for such subjects. :o