PDA

View Full Version : Hunting the White Whale/Social Chest/Convois

SeelenSchwert
01-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Hello. This is a thread for the hunters of the social stuff.

Anyone who wants to join friends please write down youre Black Flag Nick and search for White Whales, Chests or Convois, once youve found one show it to the others.
As everyone is adding everyone possible there is a high chance or atleast its easier to find this annoying stuff.
Have fun. My nick is as this forums.

Btw i allready have found one Kings Convoi and one social chest, so whoever adds me got them 2

L_Alejo
01-05-2014, 06:04 PM
L_Alejo is my Uplay, feel free to add me, I'm also constantly roaming around trying to find chests or whales.

SeelenSchwert
01-05-2014, 06:09 PM
Just found a White Whale for all the PC Players that were not in the mood to add me. but a friend hasnt got the symbol for it?
Added
Best option is 2 fast travel from location to location

ThomasAnstiss
01-08-2014, 11:50 PM
Just added you both. Hopefully we can find these chests together!

eudian12
01-09-2014, 12:08 AM
Add me too! eudian12

ThomasAnstiss
01-09-2014, 12:33 PM
Royal Convoy (662,100) 7 hours left as at GMT+11.

Platform: PC

exile550
01-09-2014, 07:25 PM
Went there but it was a normal convoy... did I need to to do anything to make it a royal convoy?!?

Macho
01-10-2014, 07:18 AM
I added you guys. You just have to accept.

Macho
01-11-2014, 09:13 PM
Received a Royal Convoy and re-shared it. Need friends to receive those social events ppl...

Calrid
01-11-2014, 09:16 PM
Calrid also on multiplayer occasionally feel free to look me up.

Danomac13
01-12-2014, 02:25 AM
Danomac13-- I play and roam everyday

Kurri7
01-12-2014, 09:53 AM
Add me too! Kurri7
I'm still searching the White Whale/Social Chest/Convois !

Calrid
01-14-2014, 11:33 PM
Am getting a few friend requests so thanks for that, probably due to this, if you want to team up PC, we have a small convoy going feel free to buzz me. Got a few royal convoys and white whales already. :)

Calrid
01-14-2014, 11:59 PM
Received a Royal Convoy and re-shared it. Need friends to receive those social events ppl...

Added everyone on this thread by the way. :)

You just have to accept as said. :)

cheguevara19
01-15-2014, 08:18 PM
And me, cheguevara19

And thanks to you all for the help! Getting fed up trying to find these things on my own!

Calrid
01-15-2014, 10:25 PM
Thanks guys, got some real convoy action going now, good job all, and thanks for all those who sped up the Kenway's fleet missions too. I have .5 million reals on one save but not so many on the others. :)

Adding Cheguevara19/

Well will do the update stopped the game from working when it did before, which is ironic. ;)

Calrid
01-16-2014, 02:00 AM
ok well tried to add you Che but there is no cheguevara19 but there are only 1975 and so on no 19, are you sure you are on PC.

Nice work though all, we have a pretty large friends list going on Kudos to the original poster. :)

Incidentally I am now richer than Creousus but if you do have time when on line Kenway's fleet, if people could do those missions, it'll help those who need the cash. And thanks to all who helped me all to get rich earlier. :)

SpawNiq
01-16-2014, 10:15 AM
Calrid can you add me for social stuff hunting.

T0p_ch0p
01-16-2014, 12:00 PM
hobobozo, basically only need the social events to get full sync, also on multiplayer fairly often

Calrid
01-16-2014, 04:22 PM
Sure SpawnQ just search me out too if I forget busy atm, type calrid into search on the shift+f2 screen/friends.

We are 35% on the community achievement, would be nice if people can butcher their way through few naval forts and farms. :)

ETA: woah nice work guys we're now to 62%, incidentally if you are near the end of the game there's a bit where the whole of Havana becomes a restricted area, well worth running around like a berzerker killing every guard you come across just to make the minimum quick if nothing else. :)

Start at the fort and work your way around, you'll pick up loads of kills. Don't start the mission though if you want to get 100%. :)

olciakika
01-17-2014, 12:55 PM
olciakika - Fell free to add me on Uplay :)

consumedmrclock
01-18-2014, 02:02 PM
I need friends for social events, I'm missing the royal convoy and the social chest. Please add me on PS3 my screen name is ConsumedMrClock

KmarkoPL
01-18-2014, 03:05 PM
It is been already said , you do not need friends to have social events

Calrid
01-18-2014, 09:03 PM
Yes we know Kmarko but since I have done all the social events in a week on 2 saves, I think it helps. And you do need at least one friend to get the challenges... :P

erryahu
01-19-2014, 03:08 AM
erryahu feel free to add me for socials.

Irdo88
01-19-2014, 05:39 AM
Need some friend list action for white whale. Any adds appreciated. :)

bearchris
01-19-2014, 05:21 PM
Feel free to add me as well !

Calrid
01-19-2014, 08:56 PM
Well I am off the game for a little while, but contact most people on this thread, I am a friend of them so you will be soon too, shift f2>friends> find friends. :)

liang923
01-19-2014, 11:33 PM
liang923. Feel free to add me:)

ShootRawGuy
01-20-2014, 10:20 AM
Hook me up :D TouFoto.

Calrid
01-20-2014, 09:41 PM
Guys I am going to be on line fairly infrequently for the next few days. My suggestion is SHIFT + F2 > Friends and then find anyone on this thread, pretty much all of them are mutual friends by now: just type the name in the find friends box and click, and wait 'til they are online, send a few requests to them and others if they are not online et voila. :)

Giffo09
01-20-2014, 11:59 PM
I need some friends so I can share events as none of my friends have this game and I don't know why they don't :L Add me if you like :)

https://www.youtube.com/UtopianCaster <---- Help us out, Check the vids and say what you think!?... Maybe even Subscribe?

jj41
01-21-2014, 12:25 AM
Nobody I know has this game for PC either. Please feel free to add me as well. I'll be sending out some requests my self so I hope all of you would be kind enough to respond. Happy pirating.

jj41
01-21-2014, 03:29 AM
Is anybody else having the issue where social events aren't populating the map? When I look in the start menu it says there is a royal convoy and whit whale available but none of them are on my map.

Macho
01-21-2014, 07:06 AM
Is anybody else having the issue where social events aren't populating the map? When I look in the start menu it says there is a royal convoy and whit whale available but none of them are on my map.

I have the stuck Royal Convoy. I saw where a friend shared a White Whale but its no where on the map.

Calrid
01-21-2014, 11:45 AM
Yeah same here especially white whales. The chests are hidden generally in the minimap so that is normal.

Dellers
01-21-2014, 12:53 PM

Yeah, in fact I just got a message about a white whale. There is no white whale to be seen though. It happened a couple of times when I was playing Freedom Cry as well. The whole social event thing has been one giant bug fest since day 4. I don't think I've seen a royal convoy or even a notice about one since November.

Calrid
01-21-2014, 04:03 PM
yeah they turn up eventually even so guys, you just have to be patient, I think some are there and you just ran out of time, so the message system is out of step. On the other hand it's a good one to report as a bug. I would but I don't have the time. Good work on the community challenge all 100% in less than 48 hours nice. I'll be done with this game soon enough but am just getting 100% so around and if anyone has any questions feel free to tell me in game and I will do my best to answer. I am hardly an expert, but then at this point no one is. :)

If you are rich enough you can buy white whale skins at general stores at a price but I suspect you already know that, it's an option as you wont complete any challenges you can't complete with white whales alone anyway and it's an easy way to get the white whale skins total you need for the whale hunters outfit.

miltonlnm
01-21-2014, 11:00 PM
Hi everyone! This is my first post and, unfortunately, i'm a convicted single player and now, for the first time in my entire life, i have to sucumb to a social event. This game is one of the best games i've ever played and i want beat it 100%. I'm stucked on the social royal convoy. All the others social events were found. So, i ask you, please, add me as friend! Thanks!!! And good hunt on the caribbean sea!

ssrader
01-22-2014, 04:18 AM
looking for convoys and need one social chest .this is my first post. 97% 2nd time around. have never found a royal convoy. need all the friends I can get.
happy hunting everybody.

Calrid
01-22-2014, 06:25 PM
Welcome miltoninm and ssrader. :)

Well as said guys shift+F2 then type in any of the names on here, I'll friend anyone, I am a social red light district pedestrian so. :)

I think the friend social on PC is now at around 25 or so at least so it is getting quite easy to do social stuff. Happy to help out as I said before send me a message if you need to know where something is or anything really, not the greatest player out there, but not the worst. I am in the top 10 of most feared Pirates, which should tell you not that I am any good, but just how much I am on. 4 hours a day atm, well man has to work. :D

miltonlnm
01-22-2014, 08:44 PM
Welcome miltoninm and ssrader. :)

Well as said guys shift+F2 then type in any of the names on here, I'll friend anyone, I am a social red light district pedestrian so. :)

I think the friend social on PC is now at around 25 or so at least so it is getting quite easy to do social stuff. Happy to help out as I said before send me a message if you need to know where something is or anything really, not the greatest player out there, but not the worst. I am in the top 10 of most feared Pirates, which should tell you not that I am any good, but just how much I am on. 4 hours a day atm, well man has to work. :D

Thanks for the help! And the result is that i found my first social convoy! 394,93

miltonlnm
01-22-2014, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the help! And the result is that i found my first social convoy! 394,93

Another one! 740,740

Calrid
01-23-2014, 02:59 PM
You don't need to advertise as long as you are friends with someone it'll pop up with the name of the player when you log in or as it happens. That said there is a new community challenge, sink them man o' wars lads.

I apparently am in the all time top 5 for community ladder, what the hell that means is anyone's guess. I
would go with, I have far too much free time on my hands personally but meh someone out there probably cares. :)

Top 10 bad *** pirates and top 100 bad *** assassins too, which means even less I expect. Polishes shiny chufty badge. And helps himself to a cookie.*

ETA: oh i get it I have sunk 10 ships on communiuty while most people werre at work/school/college having a real life etc, so I am top of the pops as far as world all time Grand Poobah of people with no life goes, et al and whatever. Well that's kinda cool. I dare someone to beat my score though which is I
suspect kinda the point. ;) :D

I like community because you actually feel good when it says some one has knocked you down to size because it's all good for all of us.
I'm no hippy no one loses person type but even I have to say I like Kibbutz style score boards. :)

weigh anchor fellas and heave ho for them poxy ships of the line, they's asking for a barrel full of brimstone and pure pirate guile, to wake the lubbers up. ;)

avivt110
01-24-2014, 02:07 PM
some one add me plz

Calrid
01-24-2014, 02:55 PM
Will do Avivt110 but if you want to cut out the middle man and don't want to wait for me to be on line or any of the more addicted players, just friend pretty much anyone on this thread atm with shift + F2 I routinely accept any request and I assume others are atm too,

Community challenge is already 62% done which is nice. Good work guys especially those in the top 10 community atm, I'm five with 42 man o' wars atm, so any more than that and you are really chugging through them ships of the line, The English are such bullies they dominate in power and it's a pleasure to take them out, who'd of though crippling the English would be so much fun for an English player. Kudos to all for helping out on the Kenway's fleet quests, I don't need the money any more but I am boosting people anyway. Although I have nearly a million Reals now. if anyone specifically wants some spare cash send me a message and I will try and be on at a compatible time, I'm back to work atm, but still have a deal of free time, bear in mind I am working on GMT though. :)

ETA: there's a social chest on Florida near the synch point, I
know they can be a bugger to track down, they are usually up for an hour or so, if you are on 24/01/14 from 2:10 GMT it is there.

RegULatoR_27
01-25-2014, 04:05 AM
Need help with community chest.. I have shared 3 whale and 3 convoy can't find a single chest.
I'm on ps3 with about 75hrs logged haven't come across a single one any ideas??

byte_x
01-25-2014, 04:31 AM
managed to find 2 White whales and 1 chest today. got all my abstergo challanges so i wont keep blindly searching, but im starting to find them often so ill be useful. im addin all the people in the list but it takes some time, so if i didnt friend you yet you can friend me

username: byte_x

byte_x
01-25-2014, 04:53 AM
i came across 1 of them at a small island just after finishing mission, 1 at tortuga or a similar place while robbing a warehouse, and one just a few hours ago messing around in kingston. so its compeletely rare.

BridgetFisher
01-25-2014, 09:00 AM
I found a social chest in my game on an island, its above the rock in the back near the palm tree.

RegULatoR_27
01-25-2014, 02:46 PM
Did you find it today?

Calrid
01-25-2014, 03:47 PM
Need help with community chest.. I have shared 3 whale and 3 convoy can't find a single chest.
I'm on ps3 with about 75hrs logged haven't come across a single one any ideas??

Yeah your best bet is to do the various missions. A common chest appears in the major cities like Havana and Kingston, one is North of the Market usually but they are pretty variable. But essentially, it's really quite random and they are only around for a short time. So get out there and do some naval contracts etc is my advice, usually after a few hours of play you will stumble on one when you least expect it... it's not a bad idea to treasure hunt either, those places seem to spawn community chests quite regularly IMO/IME.

I posted one yesterday, if you do find one try and post on here with the time and place you found it, because they can be a bugger to find on the map even when you know they exist. :D

Use the map co-ords and date and time stamp it, and people should if they are around at least have a good chance of getting to it within the time limit.

Nice work on the community guys. I now only need 2 more community events on one save and 3 on the other. So cheers all. :D

Calrid
01-25-2014, 03:53 PM
I found a social chest in my game on an island, its above the rock in the back near the palm tree.

Which island where and at what time and date. :P

GMT would be nice but as long as you say GMT-2 ir wot not it's cool and thanks for that in advance. :)

Calrid
01-25-2014, 03:55 PM
managed to find 2 White whales and 1 chest today. got all my abstergo challanges so i wont keep blindly searching, but im starting to find them often so ill be useful. im addin all the people in the list but it takes some time, so if i didnt friend you yet you can friend me

username: byte_x

PC I assume k will do.

subject516
01-25-2014, 05:10 PM
add me! I play on PC. Subject516

Calrid
01-25-2014, 05:36 PM
add me! I play on PC. Subject516

Roger Wilco.

usethisname207
01-26-2014, 03:49 AM
Hey guys found a white whale at 216,498 with 7 hrs remaining time.

I have some trouble finding social treasure and convoys, it will be great if you help me too. add me up:)

Calrid
01-26-2014, 11:12 AM
Hey guys found a white whale at 216,498 with 7 hrs remaining time.

I have some trouble finding social treasure and convoys, it will be great if you help me too. add me up:)

Great will do.

MustangFlame
01-26-2014, 12:15 PM
MustangFlame here on PC.. Add me! :)

nodii1
01-26-2014, 03:55 PM
add me! I play on PC. nodii1

Calrid
01-27-2014, 05:04 PM
Community chest at 881,542 Mariguana Island courtesy of brava4, it will be there for at least an hour, at GMT 4pm on 27/01/2014. Happy hunting. :)

SixKeys
01-28-2014, 02:32 AM
White whale at 172,656, 8 hours left (at 1:30 AM GMT).