PDA

View Full Version : Why is the Brotherhood so weirdly organized?

AntWing
01-05-2014, 11:47 AM
I am just quite baffled with the organization of Assassin's network around the world. I mean, in AC II, there were just a few members of Assassin Brotherhood in Italy, weren't they? And they were even not those capable acrobats, fighters, and well, assassin's. In Brotherhood, Ezio expanded the network by adding in lots of assassin clones with no personality, which were fighters. And the same in Constantinople, but all right, they were not so much clones already.

In Assassin's Creed III, we see that one time, there was only one (!!!) fighting-capable Assassin in the New World, after the brotherhood has been seemingly nearly wiped out (couldn't they just bring other people from around the world?). While he was expanding the network with new people, it was much different from AC IV.

By the time of Black Flag, in the not-so politically torn part of the world, was huge Assassin Brotherhood, with dozens of fighting capable Assassin's. Where have they disappeared in time of AC 3? And why weren't there other so-well expanded networks everywhere around the world?

Ubi has it quite inconsistent, guys.

adventurewomen
01-05-2014, 12:10 PM
Assassin's work within their countries they have have a strong brotherhood or not it just depends on the history of the country.
Ezio over time recruited more recruits into the Italian Brotherhood, he didn't stop after AC2 he wanted the importance of the Assassins to be known in Italy.

Before Connor visited Achilles - The American Brotherhood was at an all time low.. the Templars had full control of the new world (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World) (America). Achilles was too old to rebuild the brotherhood by himself. Achilles could only defend himself when he was under attack from mercinaries sent by Templars to kill him. It was only when Connor became an Assassin at the age of 15 when Achillies thought that Connor could gain control over the powers that be (Templars). I have a theory, that Connor rebuilt the American Brotherhood sometime after the American Revolution after AC3. We get a hint of this when he sent a letter to Aveline in the Aveline DLC of AC4.

Around the time of AC4, there was a strong need to fight against the Templars and the native people of Tulum wanted to defend themselves and fight against the order of Templars. Tulum natives would of course recruit anyone interested in joining their Brotherhood.

Also all different countries of the Assassin's brotherhood would help each out if needed.

paradoxal1997
01-05-2014, 12:19 PM
Well in ac4 spoiler alert: At the end of ac4 Ah Tabai told that his brotherhood need to go to the shadows like altair told 600 years ago so it became like in italia few assassins in one place. And 40 years later in ac3 there was totally diferent assassin's colonial brotherhood which got ****ed by Haytham's templars brotherhood and as Achilles gave up he haven't asked for help so other branches wasn't aware of the fall of the assassin's in America. You know what happend after that...

RoBg03
01-05-2014, 05:55 PM
The assassin brotherhood seems to me to mostly be a loose confederacy that mainly operates in the shadows. the templar have always seemed to have been more organized and ridgid. thats not surprising considering the values of the templar; order, control....and those of the assassins: freedom, the rights of men. there seems to be a natural ebb and flow to the templar/assassin war, we just always play the part where the templar are strong and we the player have to fight against them. also, lets not forget that its not like conner can shoot an email over to europe and have a host of assassins at his disposal the next day. the world was a much bigger place back then, and i'm assuming each branch of the asssassins had to take care of their own corner of it.

dxsxhxcx
01-05-2014, 06:13 PM
I don't like how they've been handling the Order since AC2, sometimes I wonder how they were capable to survive until the modern days (pure luck I guess), different from the Templars who IMO seems to be much better organized (until the "hero" conveniently appear and saves the day), the Assassin Order since AC2 IMO always felt crippled, with the protagonist being the one who puts it back on track, this is OK for one game, but now they're overdoing it.. the only Order that IMO was on par with the Templars of their time was Al Mualim's Order, I wish they were able to bring that feeling back..

DinoSteve1
01-05-2014, 06:23 PM
The Order should have a feeling of being well organised but underground.