PDA

View Full Version : I am disappoint [SPOILER ALERT]

IsAZebraACat
01-05-2014, 06:09 AM
I'm not sure if I accidentally missed a cut scene or if this is a legit event in black flag.

Last night I was running around Edward's Inagua home and inside I found a female assassin with a pop up message saying press o to interact. When I did she took off and I followed her thinking she was leading me somewhere for a mission or something. When I caught up the screen cut to Edward's bed with her laying passed out.

Did I miss something, or is this event supposed to be implying rape? I get that it's a video game and you kill, steal, etc. in it, but I've never seen a game make rape playable (especially not in a situation where you think you're following someone for a completely different reason). Does anyone have any info. about this?

Fatal-Feit
01-05-2014, 06:13 AM
I'm pretty sure he diddled her after. It's not rape if they like it.
It's an easter egg. Nothing to take too seriously.:o

AdamPearce
01-05-2014, 07:05 AM
Rape? Don't be silly. The guys freaks out when they show a drop of blood, you really think they would admit rape? or even sexual content in their game? Never, this is not Metal Gear Solid V, unfortunately.

LoyalACFan
01-05-2014, 07:16 AM
I guess I'm the only one who didn't pick up any sexual connotations from this encounter... at all. You chase her down and tackle her in the same manner you catch and rob couriers, and later she shows up in a bed writhing in pain like the enemies you beat to unconsciousness. Nothing about that suggests "sexy time" to me. My initial thought was that she was a spy or traitor, sort of a callback to the Jamal Easter egg in AC1.

SixKeys
01-05-2014, 03:27 PM
I haven't come across this event. Maybe it doesn't show up if you already interacted with the random girl next to the bed earlier? In any case, it does sound kind of uncomfortable how vague it is, I can see how it could be read as Edward being a creep. Wish they would have just left it out, it's a stupid thing to include anyway.

shayer60
01-05-2014, 03:47 PM
It's a reference to the first AC4 trailer where you see a black and a white girl in bed with Edward.

ImmortalBeaver
01-12-2014, 01:28 AM
Sorry to necro a week old thread, but I came looking to see if anybody else had found that. I'd also point out that, after the fade-to-black and the first girl is in the bed, there's a second white chick standing there. If you interact with her, it cuts to black again, and then she's in the bed next to the other lady. With both ladies, it's absolutely a reference to the first trailer.