PDA

View Full Version : Is Ubisoft turning into EA?

I_Came_From_Xbox
01-04-2014, 05:50 PM
As with many of you here - I am getting fed up. I understand every game is going to have bugs and things take time to fix, but come on Ubi.

There are more issues than can be counted. No bonus objectives in Wolfpack and the ever decreasing amount of social events to name a few. It is unbelievable that these issues have lasted for so long without a single word from Ubisoft. Not a "We are aware of it", "We are working on it" or anything.

The worst part is that they intentionally added what many people would call a bug. They made the social events nearly impossible to find. Why? Isn't the purpose of social and community events to get us to keep playing once we have completed the game? I don't understand what could have been going thru their heads.

I feel like Ubi is taking their money and running. We already bought the game so they could care less what happens from this point. They are getting closer and closer to the likes of EA.

If you guys run into bugs please open a ticket to support.ubisoft.com because posting here obviously does no good.

/rant

wellb_b
01-04-2014, 06:17 PM
They are to busy counting money. And making another 6 ACs!

Gladiaattori1500
01-04-2014, 06:50 PM
They are to busy counting money. And making another 6 ACs!
tried to do that.wrote a REALLY long message to them and then:

"We are encountering a technical issue with the page you are trying to view.

We apologise for the inconvenience and we will work to fix the issue as soon as possible. In the meantime please click here to return to the homepage."

nice...

Rizilliant
01-04-2014, 06:51 PM
Yea i just wrote a post myself on some of my problems growing more, and more prevalent with EA, i mean IUbisoft, and the series' downward spiral...

DinoSteve1
01-04-2014, 07:34 PM
lol you'd think ubisoft are the only ones ever to have trouble with there games, Bethesda anyone?

Shahkulu101
01-04-2014, 07:41 PM
Even though you might not agree with their business decisions or even bad customer service (which is OBVIOUSLY not exclusive to ubisoft my God OP) you can't argue that they consistently produce some of the best games in the industry.

Jarek23
01-04-2014, 08:06 PM
lol you'd think ubisoft are the only ones ever to have trouble with there games, Bethesda anyone?

If he thought ubisoft were the only ones I doubt he'd have mentioned EA...lol

But yeah, Bethesda and EA take the cake, Ubi games have glitches, but not even nearly as bad as those other two.

Rizilliant
01-04-2014, 08:12 PM

Bethesda finally made my list with Skyrim... Youd see many of my posts in skyrim forums.. ANyway, my top 3 are:
#1. EA (ofcourse)
#2. Activision
#3. Bethesda

Hrafnagud72
01-04-2014, 08:42 PM
Even though you might not agree with their business decisions or even bad customer service (which is OBVIOUSLY not exclusive to ubisoft my God OP) you can't argue that they consistently produce some of the best games in the industry.

Some of the highest grossing game development companies with some of the worst customer service and buggy games "consistently produce" what consumers and reviewers alike call "the best games in the industry."

That doesn't excuse any of them from horrible customer service, buggy games, and bad decisions. As a consumer you have the right to complain about those things. And as a business they have the right to ignore you. But that still doesn't make anyone's complaints less valid or make what the business does correct. My best advice has always been to vote with your dollar, meaning if you don't like the way a company operates then don't buy their products. Even though it doesn't have too much of an effect when you start talking about large companies, I still recommend it.

I_Came_From_Xbox
01-04-2014, 11:00 PM

As I mentioned I understand that every game has issues. My problem isn't the bugs it is how Ubi handles the bugs, or in this case, doesn't even address the bugs.

StealthyMerc.
01-04-2014, 11:04 PM
I just want my platinum trophy, thats all. Sharing is caring, that is all I need, I did everything. Why ? Why wont they fix this?

Hans684
01-04-2014, 11:11 PM
Every bisness works with the money of the customers as oil, nothing special about it. They need money, no only for our sake but the company as well. How do you think Ubisoft made Watch_Dogs? By selling Cup Cakes? No, AC is their flagship tiltle(they have other series too, but the biggest has most influence), meaning without it we might not have gotten W_D. Just like Price Of Persia gave us AC. Try to look at the big picture,
don't blame writhers etc, they most likely enjoy their jobb and product and the bisness(bosses etc.) comes with bad/good desitions that will have people hating/loving what they do and the company name and CEO.

RoBg03
01-04-2014, 11:14 PM
question: this social items bug go both ways? what i mean is that ive seen complaints about not finding white whales, convoys...but in my play through i came across them all the time. i remember once there were 3 blue royal convoys on the map at the same time. never had problems coming across whales or social chests either. i would add that i don't have anyone on my social list so i recieve nothing from other players, and share nothing with other players. do they maybe reduce the amount you come across yourself if you have alot of friends?

M0nsterSkillz
01-04-2014, 11:14 PM
Already there man, opened a couple of support tickets but im not getting much help from support reps. Im missing in game outfits, weapons, as you said too the social event's are 99% impossible to find, ubisoft should be there to help their customers if they want to continue receiving their cash in future. I stopped buying EA games ages ago, complete idiots them lot.

I_Came_From_Xbox
01-05-2014, 02:25 AM
Already there man, opened a couple of support tickets but im not getting much help from support reps. Im missing in game outfits, weapons, as you said too the social event's are 99% impossible to find, ubisoft should be there to help their customers if they want to continue receiving their cash in future. I stopped buying EA games ages ago, complete idiots them lot.

Yep you can bet I will think twice before buying another ubi game.

StealthyMerc.
01-06-2014, 02:45 AM
Fixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx the game!!

Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee game!

Socialllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllll chests!!!

Chestsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssss fix them!!

STDlyMcStudpants
01-06-2014, 05:14 AM
Would you rather have them work on patching everything so that ac5 has that many more bugs? I've never played a AAA game with an unacceptable ammount of bugs past gen (yet) what DOES get under my skin is when they do patch they patch exploits instead of game breakers..like skyrim...you can get stuck in A rock but heaven forbid you boost a skill
I enjoy bugs and exploits...not game breakers...I haven't ever encountered a game breaker in an ac game...

wellb_b
01-06-2014, 07:06 AM
Sell your copy. Hit them where it hurts

DarkAngelDante
01-06-2014, 07:44 AM

To be fair Steve... Bethesda also was outspoken about how their games are 'meant to be on the PC' and designed their games to be 'repaired or modified' to fit the tastes of those playing them.