PDA

View Full Version : Please just fix the damn social events!!!!

Gladiaattori1500
01-04-2014, 04:52 PM
I'm so done with them!!! It's pretty obvious that they are broken so why can't you eggheads just fix them!!!!!!!

I want my trophy!!!!!!!

DinoSteve1
01-04-2014, 04:59 PM
They are not broken.

I_Came_From_Xbox
01-04-2014, 05:36 PM
They are not broken.

I made a post letting people know what is going on, but I will post it here as well:

According to Ubi support "they are not broken"

The devs have intentionally made these events nearly impossible to find. Open a ticket complaining about it to support.ubisoft.com. That is the only chance we have of these actually being somewhat possible to find.

Jarek23
01-04-2014, 06:58 PM
They are not broken.

They are though.

I already found all 3 events so to me it's no big deal, but for the past 5 days there has been a Blue Royal Convoy icon stuck on the middle of my map. If I go there, or around the area there's absolutely nothing to be found, and even if it were but I wasn't finding it, it should have timed out right? Well, since I got hit with this glitch (which means something isn't working properly, ie; broken) I haven't come across a single social event, at all. Even if I get a message saying that my friends found one, it's never there when I go to the location.

Hence, it's broken.

Zial-
01-05-2014, 03:35 AM
They are not broken.

Nope, not broken at all...
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=idaZRFuiigw
Working exactly as intended.

Ever since the last patch, released about a month and a half ago, I have had 3 royal convoys stuck on my map with no timers and no ships at their location, just a floating icon. Just like in the video posted. Also since then I have had no social events. Not one. So yes, something is in fact broken.

I made a post letting people know what is going on, but I will post it here as well:

According to Ubi support "they are not broken"

The devs have intentionally made these events nearly impossible to find. Open a ticket complaining about it to support.ubisoft.com. That is the only chance we have of these actually being somewhat possible to find.

Not only are the events nearly impossible to find (for me they are impossible) but the royal convoys that are stuck on my map are impossible to get rid of. I have deleted the game data, re-downloaded the patch, went through the mandatory install and re-downloaded my Uplay passport and DLC. The damn ships are still there in the same spots...There is something broken/bugged and they need to fix it and stop acting like everything is working correctly.

homie42085
01-05-2014, 06:56 AM
I've put 55 and a Gould hours into single player and have only found white whales not one chest on social convoy so something isn't right and should be addressed

fatefodder
01-05-2014, 08:29 AM
Reposting what I got from Ubisoft before. Don't believe the lickers who claim the game isn't broken.

I just called Ubisoft support at 1 (888) 824-7038. I had to wait in the queue for a long while (at slot 1 the whole time), but eventually I got through. A very helpful guy at the other end of the line heard me describe the issues I've run into trying to get social events to appear (zip after 100% completion and nearly all challenges done), and he confirmed that there have been multiple tickets open on the issue with only a small variance in the details.

The support guy confirmed that the issue has been raised to the development team, but also confirmed that said team is pretty much on vacation for at least another week or two due to the holidays. I then asked about the chances of social events on PlayStation 4 being looked into and fixed (I brought up Assassin's Creed III's issues as a counterexample), and he believed that the odds were good but couldn't guarantee anything.

He recommended that I encourage friends and everyone seeing this issue call 1 (888) 824-7038 to open tickets.

Basically, triaging bugs like this is a numbers game at Ubisoft; rather than a quality bar, the deciding factor of what gets looked into (and fixed) and what gets ignored is based on traffic, pure and simple. Resource allocation to a bug only makes sense if a known issue gets enough volume--otherwise pulling developers aside to fix a released title just isn't worth it. (This last bit is my interpretation.)

So here's my post. And I recommend calling in just to get a human response to what many of us are seeing as a gaping hole in an otherwise excellent release. Maybe I was just lucky, but the guys running support seem to be invested and attentive--makes me wish they had the final call in deciding when an Ubisoft release is actually ready.

EchoFiveKilo
01-05-2014, 09:18 AM
I dont have AC4, but I'm kinda getting sick of seeing these threads every 2nd line on the 1st page.

Legionario-Cero
01-05-2014, 09:43 AM
How do you even find social chests? I'm playing the ps3 version, and I have no idea how to locate one.

Shahkulu101
01-05-2014, 10:22 AM
Not being funny, I came across a white whale on Friday not even looking for one. It's not impossible but just very, very rare - I'd be okay with that if we were given a substantial reward but what you get isn't all that exciting.

Setting a trophy to something purely circumstantial and not in the players control is an odd decision.

Eagle_023
01-05-2014, 11:01 AM
I also have social events broken. I've explored everything but found nothing. I even checked coordinates of active events in the Internet but there was nothing in my game.

The8-bitEdward
01-05-2014, 12:12 PM
Today i was Free Roaming in the sea and saw an icon (the same one in the video) i thought hmm must be some kind of special ship it was a ROYAL CONVOY!!!! how did i miss it i didnt even know wht royal convoys where-.- Stupid me.

Sonic40th
01-05-2014, 01:54 PM
I'm saying they are broken too. My 360 version had events popping up all the time. Now my Xbox One copy hasn't had one pop up after 35 hours of game play.

pacmanate
01-05-2014, 02:06 PM
They are not broken.

Uh yeah they are. I have only had one on my PS4 with a convoy that is NEVER there when I reach it and the marker never goes.

OGRONIN
01-05-2014, 07:17 PM
They are not broken.

I hate when people make comments like this, without really knowing what they are talking about. They are not broke for you and you don't speak for the whole gaming community.

They are broke for a lot of people, even Ubisoft support acknowledge there is a problem, when called on the phone.

Look at PS3Trophies forum and you will see there is a big problem for some with 100+ hours logged and not a single event. Stuck markers with no timer. Red text when going to statistics page. shall I go on????

Doesn't effect you, so why even post is this thread troll!!!

DinoSteve1
01-05-2014, 07:41 PM
First of all I wasn't trolling, you people throw about the word troll far too much (honestly you need to dial the drama down), second the problem most people are complaining about is that social events aren't showing up, ubisoft support have said to multiple people that this is intentional. i.e not broken.

OGRONIN
01-05-2014, 07:59 PM
First of all I wasn't trolling, you people throw about the word troll far too much (honestly you need to dial the drama down), second the problem most people are complaining about is that social events aren't showing up, ubisoft support have said to multiple people that this is intentional. i.e not broken.

Yes and that is not what any of the people with problems are complaining about... Just some of the stuff has been listed and these people have genuine issues.. not just moaning cause they are not turning up..

People with stuck markers NEVER see them..

And even there own support acknowledge a problem when I called, and I think they would know better than some random forum dude..

and by definition you are trolling.. hanging round a thread which by you own admission has nothing to do with you cause yours plays perfect, making snide comments

Ahkmed 7
01-05-2014, 08:02 PM

Ubisoft has stated (to me) that the devs felt the events were too common. Somewhere around the release of Freedom Cry (with the patch), they changed the spawn rates. They told me it is working, but very rare.

However, several people (on PS3, PS4, X360, and X1) have reported floating icons with nothing there; others, like me, have not seen a single event in over 50 hours of sailing. That falls under my definition of broken. I know the Ubisoft devs won't acknowledge it's broken, but it is. They were the ones that broke it.

DinoSteve1
01-05-2014, 08:08 PM
Yes and that is not what any of the people with problems are complaining about... Just some of the stuff has been listed and these people have genuine issues.. not just moaning cause they are not turning up..

People with stuck markers NEVER see them..

And even there own support acknowledge a problem when I called, and I think they would know better than some random forum dude..

and by definition you are trolling.. hanging round a thread which by you own admission has nothing to do with you cause yours plays perfect, making snide comments
Well go through the 5 last pages on this forum about every 3rd thread is about social events not SHOWING UP and there are alot of people who have posted there answer from ubisoft saying that its not broken, they did it on purpose.

When did I ever say I wasn't having an issues with social events not showing up? and if you think I was trolling I'd hate to see your reaction when you meet a real one. Honestly its rather laughable.

OGRONIN
01-05-2014, 08:33 PM
So your saying its intentional for people to have blue convoy markers on the map, with no timer and that won't disappear?

Because if that's the case that would imply they intend people to have these problems, and doing so damage there reputation in the process. That's some crazy idea, you got there

HyruleBalverine
01-05-2014, 10:18 PM
I dont have AC4, but I'm kinda getting sick of seeing these threads every 2nd line on the 1st page.

Um.. if you don't have ACIV, why are you in the ACIV Forum? I'm confused...

HyruleBalverine
01-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Well go through the 5 last pages on this forum about every 3rd thread is about social events not SHOWING UP and there are alot of people who have posted there answer from ubisoft saying that its not broken, they did it on purpose.

When did I ever say I wasn't having an issues with social events not showing up? and if you think I was trolling I'd hate to see your reaction when you meet a real one. Honestly its rather laughable.

Here's a little analogy for you: I go out to my car and snap the axel so that it won't drive. Because it's intentional, the car's not broken, right? Just because they screwed it up on purpose doesn't mean that it's not "broken". I, like many others on the forums, have played around 60 hours of this game and because of Ubisoft's intentional screwing around with this feature of the game, I have not seen a single social event. Because of their decision to make this change, we cannot complete the challenges nor can we get the achievement/trophy tied to the social challenges. To make an achievement like this and then make it so rare as to seem impossible is just poor business practice and, in my opinion, shows little respect or care for your customers.

MnemonicSyntax
01-05-2014, 10:33 PM
So your saying its intentional for people to have blue convoy markers on the map, with no timer and that won't disappear?

Because if that's the case that would imply they intend people to have these problems, and doing so damage there reputation in the process. That's some crazy idea, you got there

Ubisoft is the one that said it's working as intended. Steve is just relaying the message.

Um.. if you don't have ACIV, why are you in the ACIV Forum? I'm confused... It's not just an AC4 forum. It's an Assassin's Creed forum. It covers all the AC games.

Here's a little analogy for you: I go out to my car and snap the axel so that it won't drive. Because it's intentional, the car's not broken, right? Just because they screwed it up on purpose doesn't mean that it's not "broken". I, like many others on the forums, have played around 60 hours of this game and because of Ubisoft's intentional screwing around with this feature of the game, I have not seen a single social event. Because of their decision to make this change, we cannot complete the challenges nor can we get the achievement/trophy tied to the social challenges. To make an achievement like this and then make it so rare as to seem impossible is just poor business practice and, in my opinion, shows little respect or care for your customers.

Again, Steve is just relaying the message. Don't shoot the messenger.

OGRONIN
01-05-2014, 10:53 PM
no steve was talking about people moaning about events, where most on this thread also have other issues to do with the social events like stuck markers with no timer etc

At no point have ubisoft said that was the way they intended it.. with bugged glitched games..

so he is not relaying a message on behalf of them... he is sticking his beak in to something, he knows nothing about.. or could possibly know for each case

the dev team just tweeted that they are working on a fix, so looks like it was BS he was spouting anyway

just cause you got 700+ posts don't make you right about everything Im afraid

DinoSteve1
01-05-2014, 11:52 PM
lol what, I never mentioned anything about anyone moaning. Please don't put words in my mouth and again how do you know whether or not I know something about it, you seem to make an awful lot of assumptions about me please stop.

and here is a thought for you if ubisoft thinks there is nothing wrong it will never be fixed.

I_Came_From_Xbox
01-06-2014, 12:16 AM
no steve was talking about people moaning about events, where most on this thread also have other issues to do with the social events like stuck markers with no timer etc

At no point have ubisoft said that was the way they intended it.. with bugged glitched games..

so he is not relaying a message on behalf of them... he is sticking his beak in to something, he knows nothing about.. or could possibly know for each case

the dev team just tweeted that they are working on a fix, so looks like it was BS he was spouting anyway

just cause you got 700+ posts don't make you right about everything Im afraid

Do you have a link to that tweet? I can't seem to find it on their twitter.

OGRONIN
01-06-2014, 12:29 AM
lol what, I never mentioned anything about anyone moaning. Please don't put words in my mouth and again how do you know whether or not I know something about it, you seem to make an awful lot of assumptions about me please stop.

and here is a thought for you if ubisoft thinks there is nothing wrong it will never be fixed.

you pretty thick are you not.. I already said they tweeted tonight they are already working on a fix..

For a reply from Gabriel Graziani

@UbiGabe where is our Double XP that was promised on @PlayStation plus FIX THE SOCIAL EVENT. It's luck & server based on PS4 near impossible

@UbiGabe: Ugh, I know! We are working on it though. Hope to have it fixed soon, then Double XP makeup time hopefully!!

also a screenshot for you

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2hpt669&s=5#.UsnrlftpKJB

DinoSteve1
01-06-2014, 12:31 AM
it wasn't all BS, and I haven't seen the tweet, I was only repeating what they previously said, and again I wasn't trolling, you drama queen. Dear God its like talking to a child on xboxlive.

rakkapinion
01-06-2014, 12:36 AM
https://twitter.com/UbiGabe

first tweet there! woot awesome find ogronin. verrrry pleased that its at least receiving priority

OGRONIN
01-06-2014, 12:41 AM
it wasn't all BS, and I haven't seen the tweet, I was only repeating what they previously said, and again I wasn't trolling you drama queen. Dear God its like talking to a child on xboxlive.

your funny dude.. seeing it was you who came in like a child telling everyone it was not broken, as fact... and have been proved wrong... (which you really couldn't know, unless you own every platform the game is out on. So I suggest you just zip it now and go to bed... Im not feeding you anymore tonight...

I bet im older than you also, and certainly better informed...

DinoSteve1
01-06-2014, 12:45 AM
Oh dear God when did I ever say it was a fact, I was just saying what ubisoft have been saying, and again please don't put words in my mouth.

MnemonicSyntax
01-06-2014, 12:53 AM
your funny dude.. seeing it was you who came in like a child telling everyone it was not broken, as fact... and have been proved wrong... (which you really couldn't know, unless you own every platform the game is out on. So I suggest you just zip it now and go to bed... Im not feeding you anymore tonight...

I bet im older than you also, and certainly better informed...

Ubisoft Support was telling others it's working as intended. Even Mr_Shade reported it was.

If you're truly older than Steven, then just drop it. There are no winners or losers here anyway, it's not a pissing contest to see who is right or not. Apparently Support is divided on it's responses, some saying it's a known issue, and others being told it's working as intended.

Either way, Ubi realizes this is a mistake and plans on either "fixing it" or "dialing up the chances of getting a Social Event" again. Regardless, this is a problem. Having a pissing match about what was said doesn't really matter when the same source as a whole is telling others different responses.

DinoSteve1
01-06-2014, 12:58 AM
Agreed, this argument should not be happening.

OGRONIN
01-06-2014, 02:30 AM
Ubisoft Support was telling others it's working as intended. Even Mr_Shade reported it was.

If you're truly older than Steven, then just drop it. There are no winners or losers here anyway, it's not a pissing contest to see who is right or not. Apparently Support is divided on it's responses, some saying it's a known issue, and others being told it's working as intended.

Either way, Ubi realizes this is a mistake and plans on either "fixing it" or "dialing up the chances of getting a Social Event" again. Regardless, this is a problem. Having a pissing match about what was said doesn't really matter when the same source as a whole is telling others different responses.

Oh I'm sorry are you are Mod.. no well you can zip it also...

Funny how people who are proved wrong, always say the line 'its not about who is right or wrong' lol

The fact is if you go back to the beginning of the thread it was Steve antagonising other members. It was not about being right, I just don't like people who are so arrogant, without even knowing the facts of other peoples genuine issues with the game. It was not just about finding the events, but that they are actually glitched for some of us.

also I didnt just spout hearsay, I provided concrete evidence that it is being worked on as we speak. From the horses mouth so to speak.

I really don't know why also you feel the need to act as some kind of backup stooge, for Steve. It had nothing whatsoever to do with you mr 2 pence.

Ahkmed 7
01-06-2014, 04:02 AM
Nice to see that someone has stated that they are working on a fix... now, let's hope it's not still a rare/uncommon event. By now, they should know that no one likes these social events. Actually, I don't know that; I just haven't talked to anybody who likes them. Everybody I talked to thinks that a random, online thing for 100% completion in a single player game is dumb.

DinoSteve1
01-06-2014, 04:51 AM
All I said was they are not broken, how was that being antagonist? I don't get, how you get my intent from the words "they are not broken"

fyi my intent was to relay the information they are not broken. That was it.

Fatal-Feit
01-06-2014, 05:01 AM

Funny how people who are proved wrong, always say the line 'its not about who is right or wrong' lol

The fact is if you go back to the beginning of the thread it was Steve antagonising other members. It was not about being right, I just don't like people who are so arrogant, without even knowing the facts of other peoples genuine issues with the game. It was not just about finding the events, but that they are actually glitched for some of us.

also I didnt just spout hearsay, I provided concrete evidence that it is being worked on as we speak. From the horses mouth so to speak.

I really don't know why also you feel the need to act as some kind of backup stooge, for Steve. It had nothing whatsoever to do with you mr 2 pence.

You're trying too hard.

MnemonicSyntax
01-06-2014, 05:28 AM

Nah mate, I was trying to see how you were the older, wiser person. You've proven to me that you either lied about it, or "older" means someone so ecstatic that they won an argument on the internet, that they have to resort to name calling.

I also never said you were wrong or said any sort of hearsay. I suppose being "older" allows you the freedom to misread what people say and twist words.

Lastly, I wasn't trying to act as a "back up" anything, simply because for someone so informed, you really are not informed at all. I was trying to keep the peace here, and nothing more. You dragged me into it with your name calling and insults, which I guess from the "older" members of the community, that's something they tend to do over a game of Canasta or Shuffleboard.

PS. This is a public forum. You should expect public responses, but I expected you to know this, considering you're well informed.

PSS. Here's Shade's post. http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/821541-Ubisoft-what-is-the-damn-algorithm-for-social-events-!-!-!-!-!-!!-!-!-!-!-!-(ps4)?p=9468759&viewfull=1#post9468759

HyruleBalverine
01-06-2014, 06:00 AM
Um.. if you don't have ACIV, why are you in the ACIV Forum? I'm confused...
It's not just an AC4 forum. It's an Assassin's Creed forum. It covers all the AC games..
My mistake there. I clicked on "Assassin's Creed IV" on the main forums.ubi.com page so foolishly assumed that I'd gone specifically into AC IV forums.

Again, Steve is just relaying the message. Don't shoot the messenger.
Not my intent to "shoot the messenger" but am merely providing a counter point to the "it's not broken, it's intentional" argument.

MnemonicSyntax
01-06-2014, 06:04 AM
Oh no, I agree. Something ain't right.

It's a mess, for sure. Steve was reporting what others have been saying. This is day in, day out for the regs. We have a line divided based on what people are being told and reporting versus what their digital neighbor is saying.

wellb_b
01-06-2014, 07:05 AM
Sell your copy. Hit them where it hurts

Octavio_Beltrao
01-06-2014, 06:27 PM
If the problem before was that RATE was very high, but no one was having problem.
RATE this now very rare, so why not return the RATE to what it was before??

I want my platinum tropy